PDA

View Full Version : A Good Description Of Duncan's Approach To The Regular Season

duncan228
01-11-2008, 05:05 PM
A piece from the Weekly Countdown by Ian Thomsen on SI.com.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/01/11/weekly.countdown/index.html

4 Stars with presidential traits

4. Kevin Garnett as Barack Obama. Like Obama, KG is a unifier and a preacher of hope as well as The Story of this NBA season. But can he finish what he has started?

3. Tim Duncan as John McCain. You know what Duncan stands for and he's going to stick to his principles regardless of what anybody thinks. Like McCain over the previous year, Duncan tends to withdraw during much of the regular season before gathering momentum for the big postseason run.

2. Steve Nash as John Edwards. Nash carries a populist message -- he plays with passion in the name of team play, and he wasn't afraid to speak out against the war in Iraq. He has a hardcore following, but will he ever get over the top?

1. Kobe Bryant as Hilary Clinton. Kobe is a polarizing figure with high positives and negatives. He is trying to revive his championship legacy of a few years ago, but a return to the NBA Finals no longer seems inevitable.

Cry Havoc
01-11-2008, 05:15 PM
I love your articles typically, Duncan228, but that is seriously one of the most pointless, worthless articles I've ever seen.

For what purpose do we need to compare basketball to politics? And how could you possibly compare Duncan, who has ascended to the top of his career 4 seperate times, with McCain, who has never reached the Oval Office?

Articles like this are a waste of time, keystrokes, paper, and reader's money.

hater
01-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Mar Cuban as George Bush

Supergirl
01-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Actually I thought he made some pretty interesting comparisons.

duncan228
01-11-2008, 05:23 PM
I love your articles typically, Duncan228, but that is seriously one of the most pointless, worthless articles I've ever seen.

For what purpose do we need to compare basketball to politics? And how could you possibly compare Duncan, who has ascended to the top of his career 4 seperate times, with McCain, who has never reached the Oval Office?

Articles like this are a waste of time, keystrokes, paper, and reader's money.

I didn't write it, or do the comparison.

I simply thought it was a good description of Duncan's approach to the regular season.

The politics did make me pause, I decided (obviously) to post it.

With all the conversation about the team's slump after last night's loss I thought another reminder of how Duncan, and therefore the Spurs, operates would be a good thing.

I've been wrong before. :)

(Oh...Just an fyi...It's a piece of an article, it wasn't a stand alone article. If that matters...)

ludda
01-11-2008, 05:23 PM
I think Thomsen's All star picks already certified that he's an idiot.

ThomasGranger
01-11-2008, 05:30 PM
TP as Dennis Kucinich. Little guy who attacks the bigger players on the inside relentlessly, but pretty much all the media attention goes to his wife.

MONTENEGRINO
01-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Mar Cuban as George Bush
How? Stupid and uninteligent? Bad politics and solutions? Wasted money? :spin :elephant :lol :drunk :donkey

FromWayDowntown
01-11-2008, 07:16 PM
I will say that there was a stretch of last night's second half where you could see that Playoff Tim Duncan had been awakened -- there was a distinct uptick in Timmy's aggressiveness.

If only he had been able to find Playoff Manu Ginobili and brought him along . . . .

BonnerDynasty
01-11-2008, 07:28 PM
McCain bends in the breeze. Duncan does not.

bdictjames
01-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Dirk Nowitzki as Ron Paul.

SouthernFried
01-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh christ...Comparing Duncan to the blowing in the wind media-hyped McCain is almost too much to bear!

Lord, gimme strength!

Comparing Nash to Edwards...the Hairsprayed coiffed trial lawyer? Nash at least brings it to the court. Edwards can't get past the freakin' split ends.

Kobe's is ok tho. :)

spurms
01-12-2008, 05:35 AM
hah i actually know the reason why kobe gets compared to clinton.

Sec24Row7
01-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Funny... I hear Hillary rapes white girls too.

Hemotivo
01-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Funny... I hear Hillary rapes white girls too.
:madrun

ClingingMars
01-12-2008, 03:44 PM
1. Kobe Bryant as Hilary Clinton. Kobe is a polarizing figure with high positives and negatives. He is trying to revive his championship legacy of a few years ago, but a return to the NBA Finals no longer seems inevitable.

it's true...i hate them both

huckabee 08!

-Mars