PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs have great and classy fans

TDfan2007
01-11-2008, 09:05 PM
That piece of shit excuse for a basketball game that they played last night would have gotten them booed off the court in Cleveland or other NBA cities, but our fans (for the most part) refrained from booing and just waited to see some life (and got some in the 3rd quarter) from a team playing really uninspired basketball right now.

The Spurs had better recognize this and realize that if not for themselves, then they need to play the type of SOLID basketball that they are capable of and that the AT&T center crowd pays good money to see.

m33p0
01-11-2008, 09:12 PM
i'm pretty sure Sequ would have booed if he was in the crowd.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-11-2008, 09:19 PM
I think the Spurs have one of the most spoiled fanbases in the NBA

How the hell do you not sell out a WCF game?

I mean seriously.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-11-2008, 09:19 PM
Anybody else notice a hint of dislike for the Spurs fans in the voice of Marv Albert?

At least I believe it was him as the commentator. Seemed like on a few calls his reaction was something to the extent of "I don't know why the fans would think..." like Spurs fans are idiots and don't know when to boo / cheer.

bigfundamental21
01-11-2008, 09:23 PM

:lmao

Amuseddaysleeper
01-11-2008, 09:48 PM
it was against the jazz, right? rofl

haha true, but still, your team is 4 games away from the finals!

m33p0
01-11-2008, 09:49 PM
haha true, but still, your team is 4 games away from the finals!
Exactly! they're saving up!

ShoogarBear
01-11-2008, 10:02 PM
"Great and classy", or "disinterested and spoiled"? You make the call.

HighLowLobForBig-50
01-11-2008, 10:50 PM
disinterested and spoiled comes along with being great and classy first

baseline bum
01-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Our fans are so classy, they don't even boo the other team.

lefty
01-11-2008, 11:47 PM

He did; I heard him from Montreal.

" You blow !"

dav4463
01-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Spurs fans for the most part are intelligent basketball fans who buy into Pop's mentality. We know that season's are not decided over a ten or twelve game stretch. It takes 82 plus playoffs. Just like a game is won over 48 minutes, so we don't panic if we fall down by ten or so early.

remingtonbo2001
01-12-2008, 01:14 AM
Anybody else notice a hint of dislike for the Spurs fans in the voice of Marv Albert?

At least I believe it was him as the commentator. Seemed like on a few calls his reaction was something to the extent of "I don't know why the fans would think..." like Spurs fans are idiots and don't know when to boo / cheer.

Marv Albeirt doesn't know whether to go with Boxers or a bra and panties.

I'm not sure how much credibility he has left in the tank!

DubMcDub
01-12-2008, 10:58 AM
Truly classy fans constantly talk amongst themselves about how classy they are :rolleyes.

spursfan09
01-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Truly classy fans constantly talk amongst themselves about how classy they are :rolleyes.

:lol

Dingle Barry
01-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Marv Albeirt doesn't know whether to go with Boxers or a bra and panties.

I'm not sure how much credibility he has left in the tank!

ClingingMars
01-12-2008, 04:29 PM

SAS - :king :king :king :king

DAL - :pctoss :madrun :depressed :( :cry

-Mars

mavsluva
01-12-2008, 04:35 PM
I do agree in that the Spurs do have some very classy fans. But at the same time, I guess you're forced to be loyal to the only game in town. If I lived in San Antonio, then I'd bleed Spurs blood as well.

T Park
01-12-2008, 04:39 PM
That piece of shit excuse for a basketball game that they played last night would have gotten them booed off the court in Cleveland or other NBA cities, but our fans (for the most part) refrained from booing and just waited to see some life (and got some in the 3rd quarter) from a team playing really uninspired basketball right now.

The Spurs had better recognize this and realize that if not for themselves, then they need to play the type of SOLID basketball that they are capable of and that the AT&T center crowd pays good money to see

Sorry that were not as hardcore as those awesome championship fanbases in Cleveland.

Seriously, go away.

Spurs fans for the most part are intelligent basketball fans who buy into Pop's mentality. We know that season's are not decided over a ten or twelve game stretch. It takes 82 plus playoffs. Just like a game is won over 48 minutes, so we don't panic if we fall down by ten or so early.

Yup.

Tippecanoe
01-12-2008, 04:39 PM
every single fanbase thinks they have the classiest fans

THE SIXTH MAN
01-12-2008, 04:52 PM
every single fanbase thinks they have the classiest fans
:lol Only when we say it it's true. :toast

THE SIXTH MAN
01-12-2008, 04:56 PM
I do agree in that the Spurs do have some very classy fans. But at the same time, I guess you're forced to be loyal to the only game in town. If I lived in San Antonio, then I'd bleed Spurs blood as well.
I didn't know if you lived in a city you're only limited to root for the teams with in the geographical area. :rolleyes

You know for a "one sports" town. We still have more titles then some city's with multiple sport franchises. But hey whatever. :lol

duncan228
01-12-2008, 06:27 PM

What about those of us who don't live in San Antonio and are Spurs fans?

dallaskd
01-12-2008, 06:30 PM

haha that sig is hilarious.

jag
01-12-2008, 06:35 PM
if you think our fans are classy, you should swing by the forums after a few losses...

I can't count the number of "manu = shit" threads i've seen

m33p0
01-12-2008, 07:34 PM

I don't live in San Antonio, heck, I'm nowhere near Texas for that matter. I'm a Spurs fans from SouthEast Asia.

I have 2 brothers; one of them was a Suns fan and the other was a Mavs fan. They've both given up on their teams.