PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard's car

Kori Ellis
01-02-2005, 03:41 AM
Orlando rookie Dwight Howard is still driving his 1984 Crown Victoria, but it now has leather seats and a CD player.

:fro

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/0102nbanotes0102.html

Duff McCartney
01-02-2005, 04:14 AM
Weak...for some reason I pictured this guy that comes out in an episode of the Simpsons a really tall guy driving in a small ass car with his knees level to his head.

And then Nelson yells "Ha-HAW."

ducks
01-02-2005, 10:41 AM
you mean he does not have to have a hummber with 6 tvs in it ?

ducks
01-02-2005, 10:46 AM
Kidd keeping feud alive with ex-coach Skiles

Jan. 2, 2005 12:00 AM

It's not as saucy as a Kobe Bryant squabble, but Jason Kidd's dislike for Scott Skiles is going strong 3 1/2 years after the Suns dealt Kidd while Skiles was coach.

"I really don't care about him," Kidd told reporters when his Nets played Skiles' Bulls last week. "He always wanted to beat me. He always thought he was better than me."(YEAH HOW DARE HIM KIDD)

Skiles, who did used to practice with the Suns when he was their coach, publicly takes the high road as Kidd continually blames Skiles for his ouster. It's true that the July 2001 deal would not have happened without Skiles' blessing, but Kidd's contract and domestic issues were bigger influences.
advertisement

• Skiles' current team is the league leader in turnovers. That will happen when half of your eight-man rotation is rookies. Ben Gordon is already starting to show some stamina issues at a time when he's nearly played as many games as a complete college season.

• Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal was not overly giddy when an arbitrator's ruling to reduce his suspension was upheld in federal court.

"It was a lose-lose situation when it happened," O'Neal told the Indianapolis Star about his part in the melee with Pistons fans in Auburn Hills, Mich.

O'Neal won the NBA writers' Magic Johnson Award last year for displaying character equal to his talent. He wants to earn that respect back.

"That's more important than anything - how people see me as a person, not a player," O'Neal told the Charlotte Observer. "The only thing I can do now is help repair the image of the NBA. Anything they need me to do, whatever they need, I'll do it."

• Jeff Bzdelik's firing as Denver's coach was no shocker. He had disagreed with General Manager Kiki Vandeweghe on style and playing time issues. When Vandeweghe hired now-interim coach Michael Cooper as an assistant, the end was near.

The timing could have been more appropriate. Firing Bzdelik after a six-game losing streak is one thing. Losing those games without Carmelo Anthony, out with an ankle injury, is another.

"I'm pretty sure if they could fire us, they probably would," Denver forward Kenyon Martin told the Rocky Mountain News.

Barring a turnaround (you know, like the one Bzdelik led last year), Cooper won't be in charge next year. The top candidate is George Karl, a friend of Vandeweghe.

• Dallas has seven of its next eight games at home, where it is just 9-6 after going 36-5 there last year.

• The Lakers have won once against a team with a winning record. :lol

• Orlando rookie Dwight Howard is still driving his 1984 Crown Victoria, but it now has leather seats and a CD player.
(does not have to drive a hummer with 6 tvs in it)

• Milwaukee's Toni Kukoc, on the injured list since Nov. 17, emerged from a practice last week with a soaked jersey. "It's an unknown liquid," Kukoc said of the sweat.

• New Jersey's Nenad Krstic is stepping up to save what looked like a hopeless front line after the Vince Carter deal.

• Toronto's Loren Woods is not playing now that rookie Rafael Araujo has taken over as starting center.

• Utah's latest point guard depth chart: Keith McLeod starting, Raul Lopez as a backup, Carlos Arroyo at third string and Howard Eisley on the injured list.

• How can Minnesota be 4-7 against Eastern teams? The latest unhappy camper is Troy Hudson, who looks nothing like the 2003 playoff standout.

- Paul Coro

REST OF ARTICLE

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-02-2005, 10:48 AM
you mean he does not have to have a hummber with 6 tvs in it ?

Damnit, Ducks. You beat me to the punch of somehow turning this thread into a Lebron bash.

2pac
01-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Skiles, who did used to practice with the Suns when he was their coach,

Quality writing. I'd expect nothing less from the worthless piece of trash that is known as the Arizona Republic.

Drachen
01-02-2005, 05:02 PM
Weak...for some reason I pictured this guy that comes out in an episode of the Simpsons a really tall guy driving in a small ass car with his knees level to his head.

And then Nelson yells "Ha-HAW."

Why is that weak? Do you have to spend a lot of money on a car you dont need?? It sounds smart.

samikeyp
01-02-2005, 05:57 PM
"I really don't care about him," Kidd told reporters when his Nets played Skiles' Bulls last week. "He always wanted to beat me. He always thought he was better than me."

Jeez....its tough to figure out who the bigger whiner is...JKidd or Mrs. JKidd.

Drachen
01-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Well Skiles does hold the record on the stat that defines Kidd's position