PDA

View Full Version : Celtics Lose to Wizards

KidCongo
01-12-2008, 10:07 PM
85-78

they couldn't grab the boards.

49-30 in Washington's way

just have to wait for another Boston loss tonight.

Armando
01-12-2008, 10:09 PM
So? They are still 30-5. I am sure the Wizards will be pounded in Boston on Monday. The Celts were due for a road loss any way after winning 10 straight on the road.

Armando
01-12-2008, 10:15 PM
However this game shows how important it is for them to get another point guard. Rondo was out with a bad back meaning Tony Allen started. Boston had a rash of turnovers caused by sloppy ball handling and bad passing. I don't know what Ainge is waiting for when Damon Stoudemire and Sam Cassell are there for the taking.

hater
01-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Wizards are way better defensively and as a team without Arenas.

Agent 0 is worth little more than 0

TayRod-Billups
01-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Boston is showing signs of getting tired legs....I can see it.

Armando
01-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Wizards are way better defensively and as a team without Arenas.

Agent 0 is worth little more than 0

Yeah but without him they have no chance of getting far in the playoffs. At best they are a second round nuisance that Detroit or Boston will take out in 5. On this game tonight I think Rivers cost them with subing KG out in the 3rd. They were up by 9 with like 3 minutes left in the 3rd. I think he should kept KG in the game to finish the quarter. When he sat out the Wizards went on a 14-6 run I believe. At least leave him in to finish the final 3 minutes of the period. He might have been able to push the lead up 10 or more.

Armando
01-12-2008, 10:30 PM

They were bound to lose a back to back sometime. Besides you know better then that. In the playoffs there are no back to backs. BTW the Pistons get away with one tonight. They barely beat a Bobcats team with no Raymond Felton. How about thier legs?

hater
01-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah but without him they have no chance of getting far in the playoffs. At best they are a second round nuisance that Detroit or Boston will take out in 5. On this game tonight I think Rivers cost them with subing KG out in the 3rd. They were up by 9 with like 3 minutes left in the 3rd. I think he should kept KG in the game to finish the quarter. When he sat out the Wizards went on a 14-6 run I believe. At least leave him in to finish the final 3 minutes of the period. He might have been able to push the lead up 10 or more.

I doubt they would have beat the Celtics tonight with Arenas, because they would have played shit defense.

But I agree they need one more big player to advance in the playoffs. But arenas is not the answer. they have failed again and again with Arenas.

They need to trade arenas, even for someone worth less $

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Or let him walk at the end of the season and sign another star FA.

Armando
01-12-2008, 10:40 PM
I doubt they would have beat the Celtics tonight with Arenas, because they would have played shit defense.

But I agree they need one more big player to advance in the playoffs. But arenas is not the answer. they have failed again and again with Arenas.

I think they will likely wait to the offseason when he is a free agent. I get the feeling we have seen the last of Agent 0 in Washington if the team keeps playing this well and makes some noise in the playoffs. Plus with him coming off the cap they can try for Luol Deng,Ben Gordon or Elton Brand.

Tippecanoe
01-12-2008, 10:43 PM
celtics suck. give the ship to portland.

Armando
01-12-2008, 10:47 PM
celtics suck. give the ship to portland.

Look at the records of the other teams in the East. I bet they wish they can suck like Boston. :lol

It happens they had a tough game last night in New Jersey and the Wizards got the lucky bounces at home. I am sure the Celts will trounce them Monday at Boston.

DazedAndConfused
01-12-2008, 11:28 PM
The Celtics were due to come back down to earth. They are still one of the best teams in the NBA, but they are not beating 72-10. Their big 3 are all over 30, the smart move by Doc would be to prepare his guys for a big push as the playoffs come near instead of wearing them out in January.

Armando
01-12-2008, 11:37 PM
The Celtics were due to come back down to earth. They are still one of the best teams in the NBA, but they are not beating 72-10. Their big 3 are all over 30, the smart move by Doc would be to prepare his guys for a big push as the playoffs come near instead of wearing them out in January.

I agree with that. I think the expectations for them was out of control. I think they are a great team and will more then likely be in the Finals. I agree that Doc should limit their minutes but that depends on game situations. Besides alot of teams sort of dog it in January when the newness of the season wears off. In tonight's game you saw the effect of a b2b had on the big 3. They had a tough one last night vs the Nets and it showed tonight.

ludda
01-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Why the fuck is every victory over the Celtics dismissed as a bad night by them, but when other elite team has "bad" nights suddenly they have huge holes and everyone is up in arms. Why don't we just crown the Celtics now.

Armando
01-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Why the fuck is every victory over the Celtics dismissed as a bad night by them, but when other elite team has "bad" nights suddenly they have huge holes and everyone is up in arms. Why don't we just crown the Celtics now.

:cry

LakeShow
01-13-2008, 01:23 AM

That's really a good point. My guess is because we really don't know what they're capable of. In my case I haven't seen them enough, nor do I run to the net to see what they've done every game like I will with the western teams. So I just shut up until I can get a read on their team.

Armando
01-13-2008, 01:27 AM
That's really a good point. My guess is because we really don't know what they're capable of. In my case I haven't seen them enough, nor do I run to the net to see what they've done every game like I will with the western teams. So I just shut up until I can get a read on their team.

You saw them 2 times vs the Lakers.

LakeShow
01-13-2008, 01:30 AM

2 times in the regular season is enough you think?

Armando
01-13-2008, 01:35 AM
2 times in the regular season is enough you think?

10-0 vs West

LakeShow
01-13-2008, 01:40 AM
10-0 vs West

They're good! I will say that but they seem to be playing on a higher level than the rest of the league. Could be that they're better than the rest but it could also mean that teams have not matched their intensity so far. I have to see them in the playoffs where teams can make adjustments. Then you can see what they're made of.

Armando
01-13-2008, 01:43 AM
They're good! I will say that but they seem to be playing on a higher level than the rest of the league. Could be that they're better than the rest but it could also mean that teams have not matched their intensity so far. I have to see them in the playoffs where teams can make adjustments. Then you can see what they're made of.

Yeah but in the East the only team that can test them is Detroit. Charlotte,Atlanta et cetera are not really a thought.

mikejones99
01-13-2008, 01:50 AM
boston is still happy detroit gave away Nazr

Fillmoe
01-13-2008, 01:53 AM
i cant wait until arenas comes back and they start losing.....

LakeShow
01-13-2008, 01:53 AM
Yeah but in the East the only team that can test them is Detroit. Charlotte,Atlanta et cetera are not really a thought.

That's true but their weakness, if any would be exploited in the playoffs.

Armando
01-13-2008, 01:54 AM
i cant wait until arenas comes back and they start losing.....

I love watching Arena's play but I think his days in Washington are numbered. I see Arenas in a new uniform next season.

Armando
01-13-2008, 01:55 AM
That's true but their weakness, if any would be exploited in the playoffs.

We shall find out soon enough

LakeShow
01-13-2008, 01:58 AM
We shall find out soon enough

Now if you want to talk about the Spurs, Mavs and Suns. I know them like a book. That's how we can judge them daily and say things like, they're OLD, Small and soft in that order. :lol

Armando
01-13-2008, 02:04 AM
Now if you want to talk about the Spurs, Mavs and Suns. I know them like a book. That's how we can judge them daily and say things like, they're OLD, Small and soft in that order. :lol

:lol

TheNextGen
01-13-2008, 02:28 AM

Lakers saw the Suns 2 times too. hmmmmm

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-13-2008, 10:40 AM
I love watching Arena's play but I think his days in Washington are numbered. I see Arenas in a new uniform next season.
Don't worry, we all do.

JamStone
01-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Gilbert Arenas should play for the Harlem Globetrotters next season. That would be awesome.

Armando
01-13-2008, 11:49 AM

The Suns still have 2 more games to even the score. In fact they play Thursday on TNT.

703 Spurz
01-13-2008, 12:53 PM

Sounds like what happens when the Patriots lose (obviously not this year but in the past)

BonnerDynasty
01-13-2008, 01:11 PM

Mofuggin' Word!

c5Pj2PqSFug

Armando
01-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Sounds like what happens when the Patriots lose (obviously not this year but in the past)

I am just saying don't get hung up on who they lose or who they beat. In the playoffs all 8 teams reset to 0-0. Look no further then the 2006 NBA Champs Heat.

bostonguy
01-13-2008, 01:46 PM

Someone is scared. Keep the Flip Saunders tradition alive and pass the torch to the Celts this May please.

Armando
01-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Someone is scared. Keep the Flip Saunders tradition alive and pass the torch to the Celts this May please.

:lol

LakeShow
01-13-2008, 01:51 PM

I've seen them more than 2 times. Same ole Suns for the last 3 or 4 years. They haven't changed, same system, same players minus a couple here and there. Same with Mavs and Spurs. The Celtics are a new kid on the block. Don't know them,...Yet!