PDA

View Full Version : Spurs @ Kings: statistical offensive matchup

boutons
01-02-2005, 10:09 AM
A bar graph representation would be better presentation, but I couldn't find a "business graphics" tool that had enough options to put all this data on one graph.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/bamboozool/spurs%20general/stat_matchup_SA_SAC.gif

SAC and SA have pretty much the same profile as last year. No surprise, since same coaches and mostly the same players.

As always with the Spurs, and esp. like Spurs vs PHX. it's again the Spurs D against King's O, with the Spurs probably having little trouble scoring against the PHX-like mediocrity of King's D.

More specifically, the King's Princeton/Pete Carril offense has the King's at #1 in APG, which will be tested against the Spurs disruptive D that allows fewest APG.

The Tony-Mike matchup will be as fun to watch as the Tony-Steve matchup. I expect Tony, who has really learned to love defense, to notch another shut-down.

timvp
01-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Very nice job.

What is good to see is that the Spurs are catching up to the Kings offensively, but are vastly superior on the defensive end of the court.

:smokin

whottt
01-02-2005, 11:32 AM
The Kings may not always play D, but they do know how to play it...this is what separates them from the Mavs...was only like 2 or 3 years ago that the Kings were second in the NBA in opp FG% and ranked very highly in forcing TO's. When the Kings do play D they play that ball slapping kind of D that gives Duncan and Parker fits...

I do not expect this game to be as easy as the Suns game, the Kings have been pretty tough for a few years now, they are beatable, but if we start sluggish or take a quarter off the Kings will put us down.

The Kings are not a joke. They are experienced and they are tough at home. We also haven't been winning many big road games this season...matter of fact, we haven't won a big road game yet.

ShoogarBear
01-02-2005, 12:50 PM
I agree completely with whottt' s intelligent, balanced take.

The only possible explanation is he must still be seriously hung over. :drunk

RobinsontoDuncan
01-02-2005, 05:23 PM
no he is right, by the way great job with the graph boutons, the kings are going to be dangerous as long as they have that starting five.