PDA

View Full Version : 10 more games to midpoint

Jimcs50
01-02-2005, 11:58 AM
What will Spurs record be after next 10 games?

I can easily see them winning all 10 games, but if they slip up and they lose a couple( Shit happens), that will give them a 33 win first half record. IF they duplicate 1st half of season, the Spurs will have a franchise record 66 wins and a possible number 1 seeding.

Here are the next 10 games:

2004-2005 COMPLETE SCHEDULE & RESULTS
JANUARY OPPONENT TICKETS TV NAT TV TIME (ET)
Sun 2 at Sacramento W
Tue 4 LA Lakers W
Thu 6 Indiana (possible loss)
Sat 8 Denver W
Mon 10 at Utah W
Wed 12 Milwaukee W
Fri 14 Dallas W
Sat 15 at Houston (possible loss)
Mon 17 Washington W
Wed 19 LA Clippers W

The next game is at Phoenix, so they will have a possible loss to start second half of the season.....but still, it looks like, barring injury, the Spurs can quite easily set that franchise record for wins this year. I did not see that as a possibility because it looked like the West was loaded for bear this year. But with the very disappointing starts of Memphis, Denver, Houston, Minn and Utah, the competition ain't what it looked like it was going to be.

Spurgal
01-02-2005, 12:03 PM
What will Spurs record be after next 10 games?

One of the best ones! :elephant

T Park
01-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Sun 2 at Sacramento W
Tue 4 LA Lakers W
Thu 6 Indiana (possible loss)
Sat 8 Denver W
Mon 10 at Utah W
Wed 12 Milwaukee W
Fri 14 Dallas W
Sat 15 at Houston (possible loss)
Mon 17 Washington W
Wed 19 LA Clippers W

There is 1 possible loss in that group IMO, and thats at home vs Washington.

Guffaw if you want, but Washington CAN be dangerous.

Larry Hughes, Antawn Jamison, and Gilbert Arenas, are playing at VERY high levels.

They are a damn dangerous team, that is finally gonna make the playoffs.

1 trade, and the intelligent hiring of Eddie Jordan have fixed that team IMO.

Jimcs50
01-02-2005, 01:29 PM
I had Washington circled for a possible loss too, but changed it to Houston since it is only back end of back to back on the schedule. Washington is a good team, I said so a few weeks ago. But really after consideration I really do not see it happening in SA....maybe in Washington, but not in SA unless it is right before a big game with a rival, or on a back to back.

1Parker1
01-02-2005, 01:57 PM
I see possible losses to Sacramento tonight, Indiana, Denver ( or maybe Dallas). So i predict they will go 6-4 over their next 10 games. No way will the Spurs lose to Houston...book it. They are going to come out pissed after the last Houston game, and I bet McGrady goes 5-19 or something :) Tony will be huge in that game.

As well as the Spurs are playing right now, you know they will have to hit a season slump sometime soon (like last year--having a 17 game win streak then losing 4 straight to LA). The only difference may be that this year we seem to have more depth with Rose, Barry, and Beno. I predict its going to be right before the ALL STAR break. But then, as usual, they will be back on track.

ALVAREZ6
01-02-2005, 03:21 PM
I see possible losses to Sacramento tonight, Indiana, Denver ( or maybe Dallas).
1P1,
Sacramento and Indy , possible, but i doubt it.

Denver just flat out blows, they barely beat the Sixers, a game the Sixers should have won but they screwed up at the end.

Mav's O won't do much to our D.

1Parker1
01-02-2005, 04:48 PM
So, you think they'll go 10-0 Alvie?
I was just saying possibly to Denver OR Dallas, simply because I think Denver more talent and potential on their team then their record suggests. I guess it all depends on how they do with whoever is their new coach. As for Dallas, Dirk is playing awesome basketball right now, it may be a potential loss, maybe not. Either way, I'm gonna say either they go 7-3 or 6-4:)

ALVAREZ6
01-02-2005, 07:39 PM
Denver blows, their record suggests their talent...

They Suck!

Rummpd
01-02-2005, 09:03 PM
9 and 1. Current streak goes to about 13.

MadDoc

Drachen
01-02-2005, 09:53 PM
35 and 6

Jimcs50
01-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Looks like a good start to a great midpoint record....2-1 so far on these 10 games.