PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Noah benched Sunday by unanimous vote by teammates

LakeShow
01-13-2008, 04:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3194819

Bulls' Noah benched Sunday by unanimous vote by teammates

Associated Press

Updated: January 13, 2008, 3:49 PM ET

ATLANTA -- Chicago Bulls rookie Joakim Noah was benched for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Hawks -- by his teammates.

We have a chance to salvage this season and we just need everybody on the page.

--Adrian Griffin

They delivered a unanimous vote after the rookie from Florida was involved in a confrontation with assistant coach Ron Adams in practice before Friday's game at Philadelphia.

Noah was inactive for the Philadelphia game for internal disciplinary reasons, but the players told interim coach Jim Boylan one game was not enough.

"We have a chance to salvage this season and we just need everybody on the page," said Bulls veteran guard Adrian Griffin.

"It's one of those things that I believe is going to bring us closer.

"Everyone on this team knows what Joakim can do and we just look forward to getting him back on the court."

A subdued Noah, who is averaging 4.2 points and 3.1 rebounds in 12.3 minutes, sat at his locker before Sunday's game.

"They just told me what I did was unacceptable and I'm just going to move on from here," Noah said. "I've just got to accept it. What do you want me to say? I've just got to move on. There's nothing I can do about it."

When asked if he believes the two-game suspension is too severe, Noah said "Ask the players who made the decision. I don't know. ... Do I agree with it? It doesn't make a difference. I respect my teammates."

Boylan, promoted to head coach on Dec. 27 after Scott Skiles was fired, said the suspension resulted from more than one incident.

Boylan called Noah "a great kid," but noted he's been involved in "a couple of situations where he's been late or not doing what the Chicago Bulls do. So the cumulative aspect of this is definitely part of the reasoning for the players doing what they did."

"This isn't college anymore," Boylan said. "It's the NBA. This is professional sports."

He said the team felt Noah needed to sit another game.

"They felt it deserved more," Boylan said. "It was the entire team that felt that way, so I back my team and the decision that they made, and appreciate the leadership that they've shown."

Atlanta rookie Al Horford, who played with Noah at Florida, called the ninth pick in the draft "very emotional" and "very competitive."

"I just feel it's a learning experience for everyone in general," Horford said. "If you cross a line in something like that, there's consequences to it. ... He wants to win really bad. I think people will figure him out as time goes on."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Medvedenko
01-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Time for him to be inlcuded in a trade.....

Armando
01-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Time for him to be inlcuded in a trade.....

They will be doing him a favor.

JamStone
01-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Trade him to the Knicks, his childhood team. That will teach him.

Armando
01-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Trade him to the Knicks, his childhood team. That will teach him.

:lol Paging Isiah

Hemotivo
01-13-2008, 04:46 PM
they should sit Hinrich bc right now he sucks

Armando
01-13-2008, 04:48 PM
they should sit Hinrich bc right now he sucks

LeMarcus Aldridge and Bulls what could have been.

Hemotivo
01-13-2008, 05:03 PM
yep
they lost at ATL today

Bruno
01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Noah is really acting like an ass this year. I don't know what is wrong with this guy but he should really improve his attitude.

I think that players suspending a player sucks. It's up to the staff to suspend Noah for more than one game if it is what he deserves. The only result of that action is to destroy the few chemistry left in Chicago. What is pathetic is that players, after having suspended Noah, have lost by 21 against Atlanta today.

I think Wallace is a real cancer in Chicago. He sucks, is paid $15M and from what I've read, he acts like an ass. One year after, not giving tons of money to Wallace was a great move by Detroit. Detroit made then a mistake with Nazr but they have erased it with the Bobcats trade.

Armando
01-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Noah is really acting like an ass this year. I don't know what is wrong with this guy but he should really improve his attitude.

I think that players suspending a player sucks. It's up to the staff to suspend Noah for more than one game if it is what he deserves. The only result of that action is to destroy the few chemistry left in Chicago. What is pathetic is that players, after having suspended Noah, have lost by 21 against Atlanta today.

I think Wallace is a real cancer in Chicago. He sucks, is paid $15M and from what I've read, he acts like an ass. One year after, not giving tons of money to Wallace was a great move by Detroit. Detroit made then a mistake with Nazr but they have erased it with the Bobcats trade.

And for what Wallace is giving them they were better off staying with Chandler.

Kamnik
01-13-2008, 05:11 PM

It was obvious to all he got overpaid... except Chicago.

I never liked him; since he left Detroit i cheer for them to win the east.

Hemotivo
01-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Boylan
http://www.greaterthings.com/News/daily/2005/10/12/6600919_Bird_Flu_Wash_Hands/wash-hands.jpg

Armando
01-13-2008, 05:15 PM
It was obvious to all he got overpaid... except Chicago.

I never liked him; since he left Detroit i cheer for them to win the east.

Luckily for the Bulls Paxson was smart enough to make his contract front loaded. Wallace got a big chunk up front.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Noah has always been a bitch, even in college. It's just you're hearing about it now because you don't have an athletic dept. like Florida's keeping everything on lockdown.

He's basically got Ricky Williams syndrome - thinks that everyone wiped his ass in college so they should do it for him in the pros too.

Pistons < Spurs
01-13-2008, 05:40 PM
This is for the most part, what I expected from Noah.

He was drafted what? 9th overall? What a poor pick.

Armando
01-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Fire Paxson

kingsfan
01-13-2008, 06:27 PM
I just got back from that game, I wondered why he wasn't playing. he didn't even shootaround, he just run up and down the court and had nothing to do with anyone. He wouldn't even sign autographs when everyone else did. What an ass! Bulls need to do some serious trades. Captain has sucked all season and even with Deng back they lose by 21 to the Hawks- disgraceful. Michael and Scottie are rolling over in their graves.
On the other hand JJ was incredible. 37 pts, 9 RBs and 6 assists. He was lighting it up today.

Hank the Tank
01-13-2008, 07:04 PM
I hate Noah with a passion..he was the biggest ass I've ever seen while playing at Florida. Holy shit he makes Alzono Mourning look like saint on the basketball court. YOu should have seen how much he would talk after scoring a lay-up at Florida. He is a tool plain and simple!
:tu
hate that ugly lookin mofo.

m33p0
01-13-2008, 07:27 PM
... Detroit made then a mistake with Nazr but they have erased it with the Bobcats trade.
i don't think this one was a mistake. it was a calculated move to weaken the spurs' interior which detroit undoubtedly believe they would face in a finals rematch the year after the '05 championship.

G-Money
01-13-2008, 07:40 PM
He's pissed because he is losing. If I were him I would demand a trade to a winning team.

Bruno
01-13-2008, 08:06 PM
i don't think this one was a mistake. it was a calculated move to weaken the spurs' interior which detroit undoubtedly believe they would face in a finals rematch the year after the '05 championship.

Spurs didn't want to re-sign Nazr.

samikeyp
01-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Noah has always been a bitch, even in college. It's just you're hearing about it now because you don't have an athletic dept. like Florida's keeping everything on lockdown.

He's basically got Ricky Williams syndrome - thinks that everyone wiped his ass in college so they should do it for him in the pros too.

QFT

boutons_
01-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Has an NBA team benching or banning a player ever been done before?

Spawn
01-13-2008, 10:09 PM
This is for the most part, what I expected from Noah.

He was drafted what? 9th overall? What a poor pick.

That's nothing new with this team.

bostonguy
01-13-2008, 10:20 PM
QFT

Tell me what is QFT? And FTW?

Armando
01-13-2008, 10:21 PM

QFT - Quoted for truth

Tippecanoe
01-13-2008, 10:23 PM

i will, once you stop masturbating to tom brady's GQ pictures

edit: armando you loser :lol

Armando
01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
i will...once you stop masturbating to tom brady's GQ pictures

:lol

Hemotivo
01-13-2008, 10:36 PM
quoted from truth

m33p0
01-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Spurs didn't want to re-sign Nazr.
with money detroit offered Nazr? no way. but don't forget, the spurs traded for nazr because of detroit. they never felt comfortable with rasho inside controlling the paint against the piston's bigs.

m33p0
01-13-2008, 11:32 PM
i predict noah's NBA career will be cut short because of bad behavior.

exstatic
01-14-2008, 12:48 AM
with money detroit offered Nazr? no way. but don't forget, the spurs traded for nazr because of detroit. they never felt comfortable with rasho inside controlling the paint against the piston's bigs.
Dude...stop. You know nothing. They traded for Nazr because his contract was about a half decade shorter than Malik Rose's. That's it. That's all.

bostonguy
01-14-2008, 01:01 AM
i will, once you stop masturbating to tom brady's GQ pictures

Hey there...Brady is a God among mortals though. If I have to keep doing that to keep 19-0 in tact then I will. Hahaha

DubMcDub
01-14-2008, 09:01 AM

Ricky Williams isn't like that at all. Him and Joakim couldn't be more different. What an odd comparison.

samikeyp
01-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Does Noah do chronic and yoga at the same time too? :lol

LakeShow
01-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Has an NBA team benching or banning a player ever been done before?

Yes Sir! The Lakers voted Spencer Haywood off the team in the 80's. He wouldn't give Magic his respect as the leader of the team in the playoffs so he had to go.

samikeyp
01-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Magic also got rid of Paul Westhead.

Not a bad move, really.

LakeShow
01-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Magic also got rid of Paul Westhead.

Not a bad move, really.

Yeah, it ended with a Championship that season.

Magic got rid of a lot of players, he got rid of Nixon too!

LakeShow
01-14-2008, 02:05 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/740177,earlybull011408.article

Joakim Noah won't hold grudge against teammates

January 14, 2008
BY JOHN JACKSON [email protected]
As the media entered the arena where the Bulls practiced in Orlando today, Joakim Noah was seen laughing with teammates Thabo Sefolosha and Luol Deng. It was a picture of unity as the team tries to rebound from a strange weekend.

The Bulls unanimously voted to extend Noah's suspension to two games following the rookie's tirade against assistant coach Ron Adams. The second game was Sunday's ugly loss in Atlanta. When asked about it Sunday, Noah told reporters to ask the players who did the voting.

But today he said that while he may not have agreed with the decision and wasn't happy about it, he accepted it and is moving on without holding any grudge.

I just want to come back and play and help the team win, he said, while adding he wouldn't hold any grudges. In fact, Noah added some levity by quipping: ‘‘I didn't know players could suspend each other.''
Interim coach Jim Boylan tried to put a positive spin on the incident, saying it showed his players cared about things to the point they policed one of their own.

As far as health, Luol Deng didn't practice to rest the left Achilles tendinitis, but he's expected to face the Magic on Tuesday. Kirk Hinrich also didn't practice because of back spasms, but he's also expected to play.

ancestron
01-14-2008, 05:01 PM
He's not gonna make it.

Armando
01-14-2008, 06:30 PM
I hear the toilet flushing down the Bull's season.

iminlakerland
01-14-2008, 09:24 PM
cant stand Noah, but i guess thats because i'm a Bruins fan. His attitude on the court at Florida pissed me off. I'm glad his teammates benched him. And if he holds a grudge he holds a grudge. Bah, more teams should start doing this to players who think they are above the team and are just another role player.

Tippecanoe
01-14-2008, 09:27 PM

bullshit