Chris paul is amazing
that is all

Hemotivo
01-13-2008, 04:59 PM
i just saw him play against HOU

he's the best pg in the NBA right now

Tippecanoe
01-13-2008, 05:00 PM
...and here comes the chris paul vs deron williams debate...

Hemotivo
01-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Deron right now is a step behind

Armando
01-13-2008, 05:03 PM
And they are both behind Nash

JamStone
01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
...and here comes the chris paul vs deron williams debate...

I don't think there's a debate right now.

And, although Nash is still great, I think CP3 is better than Steve Nash as well.

Hemotivo
01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
:lol c'mon

Hemotivo
01-13-2008, 05:08 PM
CP3 controls the game and play some D

Armando
01-13-2008, 05:12 PM
CP3 controls the game and play some D

I will say that he does more with less compared to the team Deron Williams has.

Matchman
01-13-2008, 05:21 PM
I might sound like a sour loser after today's game but i still think Deron Williams is a better PG in a half-court offense.

Hemotivo
01-13-2008, 05:24 PM
well, he can pass in the pick&roll so he's better than the rockets point guards

mavs>spurs2
01-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Any point guard is better than the Rockets point guards.

CP3, Deron, and Baron are ahead of Nash imo..you have to look at it from both sides of the ball

Matchman
01-13-2008, 05:59 PM
NO, smush Parker and Carlos Arroyo are not better than Rafer Alston

Armando
01-13-2008, 06:00 PM
NO, smush Parker and Carlos Arroyo are not better than Rafer Alston

:lol

mystargtr34
01-13-2008, 06:00 PM
No way Baron is better than Nash.. dude shoots 40% on a good day

CP3 is the only guy that can claim to be the number 1 guy apart from Nash - although i dont think he has surpassed Steve yet.

As for Deron vs Paul... CP3 is a step ahead right now... better numbers, better team record and unlike Deron, he is without a doubt the number one option on his team.

1. Nash
2. Paul
3. Davis
4. Deron
5. Parker

atxrocker
01-13-2008, 06:14 PM
paul has been one of my favorite players since he joined the NBA. dude is a beast.

JamStone
01-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Head-to-head, Chris Paul already outplayed Nash twice this season, and the Hornets won both games.

Hemotivo
01-13-2008, 07:08 PM
^^exactly

Cry Havoc
01-13-2008, 07:19 PM
Love Chris Paul he is listed barely at 6 feet tall. He reminds me of Iverson. I don't know how these players that are both so tiny can do whatever they want with the basketball. Simply amazing!

Chris Paul is better than D Williams but being the second or 3rd best point guard in the NBA for D Williams isn't anything to be ashamed of!

Paul is already a better player than Iverson has ever been. Light-years ahead of AI in passing skills, great fundamentals, and he doesn't have the "balla" mentality that makes AI forget about his entire team and try to win games alone by 38% shooting.

tlongII
01-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Actually I think Brandon Roy is the best point guard in the league. Too bad he's listed as a shooting guard.

endrity
01-13-2008, 08:37 PM
^^you are starting to become very annoying, and that is a shame because I like these new Blazers

Armando
01-13-2008, 08:39 PM
I am surprised no one has mention Billups.

JamStone
01-13-2008, 08:43 PM
Billups isn't even a top 5 point guard. He's solid but not outstanding.

Munch
01-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Paul stated earlier in his career that his favorite player was Nash, so I think Nash would probably view this thread as a compliment. He’s inspired a whole new generation of point guards.

Paul is terrific and he may one day (soon) inherit Nash’s mantle but that day has not yet arrived.

It’s worth pointing out that Nash had a gimped shoulder in both their matchups this season (hence his shooting slump). Stick ‘em head to head in the playoffs – now that would be interesting.

Ultimately I think the best way to gauge this is to talk to Nash’s/Paul’s peers. An SI poll a couple years ago had Nash receiving the most votes from NBA players for the individual you’d “most like to play with”. He also consistently comes out tops for “best point guard in the league” by owners/coaches. Most other point guards pick him as #1. Is that changing?

I would argue that this season will either make or break Nash’s status as best pg in the game. Until the playoffs are over any talk of a successor is premature.

If you’re interested in what Nash himself thinks, here’s an article from Dallas:

'Baron, Deron' top Steve Nash's guard list

Mavs' Harris isn't the only one to rate Suns' PG No. 1 in West

12:32 AM CST on Thursday, December 20, 2007

By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

Steve Nash playing in Dallas is no longer a special occasion. The elapsed time since his free-agent getaway has reduced his visits in importance, to the point they are almost just like any other game against a good team.

Almost.

Nash came to American Airlines Center having seen Utah's Deron Williams and New Orleans' Chris Paul in succession last week. Then Phoenix played at San Antonio, and though Tony Parker didn't play, this seemed like as good a time as any to get Nash's updated rankings on point guards in the Western Conference.

His top pick may surprise some, but probably not Mavericks fans.

"Baron and Deron," he said, allowing himself a little giggle at the rhyming pair at the top of his list. "Those guys are tough, physical and really put a lot of pressure on the defense."

Mavericks fans who remember Baron Davis leading the Golden State Warriors in the first round last season probably can't argue the selection.

Mavs point guard Devin Harris puts Nash at the top of his list.

"Obviously, Steve with the pick and rolls," Harris said of his top-five quarterbacks in the West. "The toughest players to guard have the ultimate green light, and he's going to run the ultimate number of screen-and-rolls all night long."

Nash was followed on Harris' list by Williams, Davis, Paul and Parker.

After throwing themselves out of the mix, here's the top five point guards in the Western Conference of Steve Nash and Devin Harris:
NASH HARRIS
1. Baron Davis 1. Steve Nash
2. Deron Williams 2. Deron Williams
3. Chris Paul 3. Baron Davis
4. Tony Parker 4. Chris Paul
5. Mike Bibby* 5. Tony Parker

*Nash has a provision: "When he's healthy, and Devin Harris when he's not."

Ronaldo McDonald
01-13-2008, 09:57 PM
In clutch situations billups is the best pg in the nba.

lefty
01-13-2008, 10:07 PM

Yep, but Bibby's clutch too

Munch
01-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Here's more from Nash on the new generation of point guards:

Williams' strengths:

"He's a great player already. Very, very dangerous offensively. He can score from anywhere on the court at a high percentage, but he's also a true point guard with good vision. And he's a competitor."

D-Will's "Jason Kidd with a jump shot" label:

"I know everyone likes to compare him to Jason because they're of similar size and build, but Jason is almost in a class by himself as a pass-first point guard. I think everyone is just different. We might all have some similarities in our games, but that's a somewhat simplistic way to look at it. There's more to it than that."

Trying to guard the bigger Williams:

"I usually do guard him even though he's obviously bigger and stronger. But let's face it: Deron's a difficult matchup for every team in the league. I do all right against him, but a lot of defending point guards in this league is how the bigs handle the pick-and-roll. It's not so much guys going one-on-one. [The bigs] can make all the difference."

Paul's strengths:

"He's not as accomplished a shooter as Deron, but he's a terrific penetrator and passer and he's able to get to the line from the backcourt. We both penetrate and probe the defense in pretty similar fashion, but I don't get to the line as much as Chris does. And that kind of offsets Deron's shooting advantage. [Paul] also seems to have a knack for getting steals. He gives his team a lot of confidence."

The never-ending debate about who will have the better career, Williams or Paul:

"I'd love to say that it's all the media's fault, but I understand it. Everyone tries to compare players because it's fun. It's the natural thing to do to try to think of something that's similar. Let's say we're talking on the phone and you say something about X and I'll interrupt you and say, 'Oh, you mean sort of like Y?' It's just what we do in life because we all want to relate to each other. That's kind of how I see it."

Which one has the lead at this point:

"There's nothing in it [between them], really. I don't know how you could pick one. Both are great point guards already."

Parker's strengths:

"He's the best finisher out of all the point guards. Tremendous quickness, as everyone knows. It seems like he can get to the basket in traffic any time he wants and he's effective going right or left, which obviously makes it tougher for the defense. And now he's improved his jump shot. He's definitely improved it."

The impact of the growing Suns-Spurs rivalry on their individual matchup:

"You'll probably be disappointed to hear this, but there really is no impact. We don't guard each other very often."

Why he regularly checks Williams and Paul but not Parker:

"I imagine that both teams think it's more effective to put a bigger, longer guy on both of us. And there's something to be said for not chasing around the other guy all night when each of us is doing a lot of orchestrating."

Hemotivo
01-13-2008, 10:34 PM
CP3 is "clutch" too

m33p0
01-13-2008, 11:34 PM
whatever...

Hemotivo
01-26-2008, 10:49 PM
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4060/capte1cc00b56c42498aaeeab6.jpg

Fillmoe
01-26-2008, 10:51 PM
he took a fat steaming shit on those old guys from SA

da_suns_fan
01-26-2008, 10:54 PM

Yep.

Hemotivo
01-26-2008, 10:57 PM
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1930/noshitsherlock1lo8.jpg

JamStone
01-26-2008, 11:11 PM

Actually David West did. Chris Paul had a solid game.

But, I agree with the thread. So far this season, I think CP3 has surpassed Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Baron Davis, and any other point guard considered among the best.

TDMVPDPOY
01-26-2008, 11:34 PM
is it best to say

cp3 is a better clone copy of marbury, exactly the same game, penetrate at will, but not known as a shooter

stretch
01-26-2008, 11:57 PM
I dunno... Nash is as clutch of a shooter as anyone...

But CP3 is as well, and is definitely the best PG in the league.

Cry Havoc
01-27-2008, 03:02 AM

Just like the Cavs did in the regular season last year.

And the Nuggets the year before that.

Hemotivo
02-07-2008, 12:38 PM
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6264/9d68c588ebedc1ba0d96ae5jr5.jpg

manufor3
02-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Actually I think Brandon Roy is the best point guard in the league. Too bad he's listed as a shooting guard.
this is getting annoying man...

Rummpd
02-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Wake me when he wins a finals MVP, shoots over 50% or changes way defenses play like a healthy Parker.

Nash defense liability and Deron Williams is better and tougher when it counts than Paul

Cry Havoc
02-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Nash defense liability and Deron Williams is better and tougher when it counts than Paul

I do not think you know how to make complete sentences.

MONTENEGRINO
02-08-2008, 04:07 PM
My great wish is to see CP3 in Spurs uniform... Trade Tony and whoever except TD and Manu for him.

ClingingMars
02-08-2008, 04:30 PM
lol, finals mvp

-Mars

Rummpd
02-09-2008, 10:50 PM

Wake me when you have three professional degrees; and have written for pay on NBA basketball (as I have).

dallaskd
02-09-2008, 10:57 PM
Deron Williams >> Chris Paul

Failure.

Hemotivo
03-08-2008, 10:59 PM
amazing player

xcomp
03-08-2008, 11:02 PM
I have to second this. Chris Paul is ridiculous. He was the only reason why this game as close as it was. Granted the Rockets chose to give him his shots and cover his favorite options (Peja especially), but he was flat out dominant in the second half -- it was like he was going to get a bucket no matter what you tried to do.

The Franchise
03-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Love Chris Paul he is listed barely at 6 feet tall. He reminds me of Iverson. I don't know how these players that are both so tiny can do whatever they want with the basketball. Simply amazing!

Chris Paul is better than D Williams but being the second or 3rd best point guard in the NBA for D Williams isn't anything to be ashamed of!
I actually think his game resembles Isaiah Thomas. Not that good yet but getting there.

Armando
03-08-2008, 11:11 PM
It still crazy that the Hawks passed over Chris Paul. The kid is awesome.

xcomp
03-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Chris Paul post-game: "I wish I can be half as good as Rafer Alston."

Apparently he and Chandler were still holding a grudge from the last time they got kicked around in their own building by the Rockets, so he got into a little jawing match with Rafer before the game started, and continued the insults even after they got beat down again.

Classless little idiot. And here I was giving him props for being such a good player.

Flopper
03-09-2008, 12:31 AM

Apparently he and Chandler were still holding a grudge from the last time they got kicked around in their own building by the Rockets, so he got into a little jawing match with Rafer before the game started, and continued the insults even after they got beat down again.

Classless little idiot. And here I was giving him props for being such a good player.

He's Chris-freaking-paul man, he can say what he wants, he's an NBA star.

wireonfire
03-09-2008, 01:24 AM
I don't think there's a debate right now.

And, although Nash is still great, I think CP3 is better than Steve Nash as well.

Co-signed. It is amazing considering he is only 22.

Matchman
03-09-2008, 02:50 AM

what a classless lil bitch. your team just got hammered twice in a roll, so shut the fuck up, work on your defense and stop letting Skip to my Lou went off on you.

Cry Havoc
03-09-2008, 03:06 AM
Wake me when you have three professional degrees; and have written for pay on NBA basketball (as I have).

Aw, sorry, your degrees count for very little when you cannot compose moderately readable sentences. But nice try. Also, no semicolon there, "three degrees" guy. :lol Again I shall instruct you to learn some English before attempting to use it.

SpursDynasty
03-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Chris Paul is an idiot.

Indazone
03-09-2008, 03:22 AM
I will say that he does more with less compared to the team Deron Williams has.

Deron Willians is better

Findog
03-09-2008, 03:22 AM

Hey, people pay to read what this guy has to say.

BUMP
03-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Wake me when he changes way defenses play like a healthy Parker.

http://jokes4all.net/funpics/wake_up.jpg

Hemotivo
04-24-2011, 10:42 PM
amazing player

bump

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2011, 10:47 PM
The OP is mistaken, Rajon Rondo is the best PG in the universe, hands down.

Greg Oden
04-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Hemotivo is an interesting poster.

Hemotivo
04-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Rajon needs to make improvements, like shooting better

ALVAREZ6
04-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Rajon needs to make improvements, like shooting better

But when he was asked by a reporter about where he ranks among the NBA point guards, he responded with "I'm the best" without hesitation. So, he must be the best. There are other point guards that can do everything he can do and also shoot better, without playing alongside a plethora of all-stars, but the man's word is his word. He is the best.

Hemotivo
04-24-2011, 11:15 PM
:p

04-24-2011, 11:35 PM
no doubt about it. 2008 paul is back.

Kai
04-24-2011, 11:57 PM
lol this thread was during the Rockets 22 streak. Good times...

Pelicans78
04-25-2011, 12:33 AM
lol this thread was during the Rockets 22 streak. Good times...

Great times indeed man :toast

redzero
04-25-2011, 12:36 AM
But when he was asked by a reporter about where he ranks among the NBA point guards, he responded with "I'm the best" without hesitation. So, he must be the best. There are other point guards that can do everything he can do and also shoot better, without playing alongside a plethora of all-stars, but the man's word is his word. He is the best.

You have a point. It takes a lot of skill to be able to pass to Ray Allen and Paul Pierce--wings who can actually hit 3-pointers. Paul is lucky he has Ariza and Belinelli as long range shooters.

ALVAREZ6
04-25-2011, 12:40 AM
You have a point. It takes a lot of skill to be able to pass to Ray Allen and Paul Pierce--wings who can actually hit 3-pointers. Paul is lucky he has Ariza and Belinelli as long range shooters.

And Kevin Gernett and sometimes Shaq. There's a limited amount of double teams a defense can employ on any given possession. Passing to wide open stars with range is tough. :rolleyes Douchebag Rondo