PDA

View Full Version : Robert Horry Pop rift?

2centsworth
01-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Apparently Robert doesn't trust Pop to lead the team to back-to-back titles.

m33p0
01-13-2008, 07:09 PM
there hasn't been any towel throwing incident, has there?

duncan228
Is this what you're talking about?

Robert Horry only played six minutes but the story is what happened when he left the game. Pop called a timeout soon after the second quarter began after a botched offensive play and a turnover. Pop in the timeout simply told four players from off the bench to enter the game and then walked away. Horry obviously wasn’t pleased with getting pulled and there was a minor Horry versus Pop squabble. The squabble ended with Horry saying (if my lip-reading skills are accurate) "that’s not right, man, that’s not right". It wasn’t anything major but on a team that prides itself on chemistry, it was at least noteworthy. It was also noteworthy that Horry never went back into the game. However, I’m not sure how much you can read into that since Horry’s playing time has been erratic as of late.

Amuseddaysleeper
well, with the way he's playing so far (even if it is only January) I don't know if Pop trusts robert to win back to back

Amuseddaysleeper
and yes, that comment was tongue in cheek

2centsworth
01-13-2008, 07:13 PM
well, with the way he's playing so far (even if it is only January) I don't know if Pop trusts robert to win back to back
what does history tell us?

Amuseddaysleeper
01-13-2008, 07:16 PM
what does history tell us?

Oh he's definitely more of a April/May/June player, but I think this may be the year that he truly has been finished.

He just isn't the same, and whether it's due to his long absence at the beginning of the year for personal reasons or what, his head just isn't in the game at all.

2centsworth
01-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Oh he's definitely more of a April/May/June player, but I think this may be the year that he truly has been finished.

He just isn't the same, and whether it's due to his long absence at the beginning of the year for personal reasons or what, his head just isn't in the game at all.
it's not only his experience as a player, but Robert probably knows a little about what a coach needs to do to repeat.

spursfan09
01-13-2008, 08:00 PM
I would trust Horry more than Pop. Horry knows whats it takes to win back to back.

SequSpur
01-13-2008, 08:07 PM
But... wgaf.. we have Matt Bonner... The Next Robert Horry!

:lmao

Matt Bonner is a total absolute fucking joke.

Ice009
01-13-2008, 08:11 PM
it's not only his experience as a player, but Robert probably knows a little about what a coach needs to do to repeat.

What are you saying? Did Horry actually say this or are you just guessing that Horry thinks Pop doesn't have what it takes?

Bruno
01-13-2008, 08:13 PM
So Pop benched Horry and Horry didn't like that and we are talking about a rift ?
It's quite exaggerated.

Budkin
01-13-2008, 09:04 PM

Agreed, I don't see anything even above average from Bonner.

2centsworth
01-13-2008, 09:08 PM
What are you saying? Did Horry actually say this or are you just guessing that Horry thinks Pop doesn't have what it takes?
when a player trust a coach, why second guess? why question the coach's decision making?

Ice009
01-13-2008, 09:35 PM
when a player trust a coach, why second guess? why question the coach's decision making?

Maybe cause Horry was mad at getting yanked? Just because you trust someone doesn't mean you agree with everything they do.

There could be something more to this I don't know, it's just that you made it sound like you knew a little more about it going by your orginal post.

ploto
01-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I hate to tell people but Rob has not done much since June 2005.

lefty
01-13-2008, 10:09 PM

Too busy watching the Raptors being schooled in the 1st round last season ?

Horry had clutch shots in games 3 & 4 vs Denver

timmy21_4rings
01-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Pop always treated Rob with more respect than any other Spur...When Pop somehow forgot abt it for a second and treated Rob like any other Spur, Rob did not like it...It is human nature....Hopefully it is not a big deal....It is all perspective..

Another Spur that get more respect is Finley. Not sure if this is because of Vet Status...

Duncan is treated like any other Spur and he is cool with it... I like it...That is the foundation and thats why everything is in place in Spurs land...

T Park
01-13-2008, 10:51 PM

yeah that game winner in game 4 against Denver wasn't shit.

Neither was his stellar play against Utah.

But keep on speaking with your head up your ass.

bigfundamental21
01-13-2008, 11:08 PM

Unless you are Robert Horry himself, there is no truth to that statement. Don't over-analyze stuff. :nope

m33p0
01-13-2008, 11:15 PM

timmy21_4rings
01-13-2008, 11:27 PM

This team does not have back-back for various reasons...It would have been 5 straight had it not been for 0.4 miracle shot and for TDs health/the unwise foul by Manu..At least it would have been one back-back if one of them had not happened.

How many final MVP awards does Robert have? It is like someone saying Beno (3 championship) knows more abt leading a team to championship than Rudy (2 championship) or Billups (1 ring) or Lary Brown (1 ring)...

T Park
01-13-2008, 11:28 PM
Honestly, IMO, the only recent missed championship I feel that was stolen was 06.

In 04 they were simply outplayed by the Lakers, Im at peace with .4 :lol

BonnerDynasty
01-14-2008, 12:05 AM

Shut your dirty mouth!

All we need is for Robert to hip check some fool into the stands one more time.

Tek_XX
01-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Horry can sit until April/May/June if thats when he chooses to start busting has ass out there. Until then he has no right to bark at pop for pulling his lazy ass outta the game.

SouthernFried
01-14-2008, 01:07 AM
Rob yelling at POP??

Gimme a break...POP should be all over his ass threatening to send him down to the Toros. He has never sucked so bad since he came into the NBA.

STFU Rob, and fucking do something.

Slippy
01-14-2008, 04:41 AM
Horry can sit until April/May/June if thats when he chooses to start busting has ass out there. Until then he has no right to bark at pop for pulling his lazy ass outta the game.

I agree . Don't blame Pop for yanking Horry after that play. Horry's half-assed attempt at screening Tony to free him up, who in turn lost the ball was enough for Pop. Not the best way to start the quarter.

George Gervin's Afro
01-14-2008, 09:21 AM
big shot has been horrible to date

my2sons
01-14-2008, 09:28 AM

well horry must have fallen to the depths of hell, because bonner is running circles around his game todate this season. of the two at this point in the season, I'll take bonner

SAGambler
01-14-2008, 09:35 AM
I started questioning Robs committment a couple of weeks back. All the "personnal" time he took at the beginning of the season. Who knows how that may be playing into this? He just doesn't appear to have his head in the game most of the time, and for once I'm just not convinced he can just turn it on a couple of months down the road.

Horrys page in NBA history has already been written. Personally, I think maybe at the beginning of the season, he probably should have just retired. That body has taken a lot of banging around and every year that passes makes it harder and harder to compete. The lackluster performance we have seen from him so far this season, may have more to do with the ageing process, and the toll that has been taken on his body, than anything else.

SAGambler
01-14-2008, 09:38 AM
well horry must have fallen to the depths of hell, because bonner is running circles around his game todate this season. of the two at this point in the season, I'll take bonner

Hell Bonner could average 18 and 18 and Sequ would say he is worthless!!

But you are right. I would take Bonner over Horry now. And I suspect Bonner will have a much bigger role in the playoffs this year than Horrry does, if he is still around then.

remingtonbo2001
01-14-2008, 10:10 AM
I started questioning Robs committment a couple of weeks back. All the "personnal" time he took at the beginning of the season. Who knows how that may be playing into this? He just doesn't appear to have his head in the game most of the time, and for once I'm just not convinced he can just turn it on a couple of months down the road.

Horrys page in NBA history has already been written. Personally, I think maybe at the beginning of the season, he probably should have just retired. That body has taken a lot of banging around and every year that passes makes it harder and harder to compete. The lackluster performance we have seen from him so far this season, may have more to do with the ageing process, and the toll that has been taken on his body, than anything else.

I've thought about this and have come to the conclusion that Rob will be back when April rolls around. I think many are correct to assume he doesn't have his head in the game.

HOWEVER, I remember reading an article or two about playoff time and how Robert shuts out everything and everyone (including his family) to focus.
He has been doing this for so long, I think we can safely assume that this is HABITUAL. I don't think this habit will break b/c of some insignificant rift with POP.

my2sons
01-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I've thought about this and have come to the conclusion that Rob will be back when April rolls around. I think many are correct to assume he doesn't have his head in the game.

HOWEVER, I remember reading an article or two about playoff time and how Robert shuts out everything and everyone (including his family) to focus.
He has been doing this for so long, I think we can safely assume that this is HABITUAL. I don't think this habit will break b/c of some insignificant rift with POP.

I agree, until he shows that he is a bust come april or may, he has earned the benefit of the doubt, for that reason I have a big appreciation for bonner's game during the regular season and his committment to conditioning that he dedicated over the summer and this year. He looks like a red headed version of mark olberding physique wise.

exstatic
01-14-2008, 09:48 PM
I started questioning Robs committment a couple of weeks back.
:lmao People make that mistake EVERY YEAR. Do you really see a difference in the Pre All Star Horry this year and any other year? I don't. Dude barely laces up ANY year before April Fools day.