PDA

View Full Version : The Official I Was Wrong About the Chargers Thread

J.T.
01-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah so I have spent the last few hours smoking weed and thinking about the game. SD showed up to play today and wouldn't go away for 60 minutes. Colts WRs dropped some balls that were thrown on the money at the end, but the Colts are a better team than that and shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. I think the Colts, like me, were looking forward to New England and because of that they got beat. Props to the Chargers and to TSA for proving me so horribly wrong. But in this "What have you done for me lately?" world, I'm glad we won it all last year.

I'd also like to give the finger to Midge, CBF, Norcal and others who think I'm going to jump on the bandwagon of whoever wins Super Bowl XLII. You guys can go fuck yourselves, or keep talking your shit and get proved wrong.

Fillmoe
01-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Colts WRs dropped some balls that were thrown on the money at the end, but the Colts are a better team than that and shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with.

if they were the better team they would have won.. :lol

J.T.
01-13-2008, 09:39 PM
if they were the better team they would have won.. :lol

Lol you fail at reading. I said they are better than they played. Obviously if they were better they'd be booking a flight to Massachusetts right now.

CharlieMac
01-13-2008, 09:40 PM
Proven.

I hate Brady and I hate Rivers. I don't know who to root for. I really wasn't into Rivers jawing with the crowd AFTER the win.

Fillmoe
01-13-2008, 09:40 PM
lol i lose for not reading in entirety

dbreiden83080
01-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Yeah so I have spent the last few hours smoking weed and thinking about the game. SD showed up to play today and wouldn't go away for 60 minutes. Colts WRs dropped some balls that were thrown on the money at the end, but the Colts are a better team than that and shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. I think the Colts, like me, were looking forward to New England and because of that they got beat. Props to the Chargers and to TSA for proving me so horribly wrong. But in this "What have you done for me lately?" world, I'm glad we won it all last year.

I'd also like to give the finger to Midge, CBF, Norcal and others who think I'm going to jump on the bandwagon of whoever wins Super Bowl XLII. You guys can go fuck yourselves, or keep talking your shit and get proved wrong.

I don't think the Colts were looking ahead they just played like shit on D. Even if they were looking ahead, at the half they had to know they were in for a hell of a fight. No LT for really the game and no Rivers for the 4th qtr, to lose at HOME is i feel, the most embarassing loss this team has had in the Manning Era. There have been worse playoffs losses in terms of the final score but this team was far better than those teams, and they choked their asses off today against an injury riddled inferior team.

Budkin
01-13-2008, 09:51 PM
I really wanted to see Colts Pats and Boys Pack... I guess it could still be a decent Superbowl but ugh.

dbreiden83080
01-13-2008, 09:52 PM
I really wanted to see Colts Pats and Boys Pack... I guess it could still be a decent Superbowl but ugh.

Colts/Pats was the GAME everyone wanted again. 2 of the best QB's ever in their primes duking it out, but thanks to Indy's shitty D, that was not to BE. :pctoss

bostonguy
01-13-2008, 09:54 PM
It is a shame we didnt get the honor of kicking Indy's ass but oh well. They didnt take care of business against the Chargers and that is their fault for that. Pats are focused and ready. They want 19-0 so badly they can fucking taste it. Man great times in Boston!

J.T.
01-13-2008, 10:57 PM
It is a shame we didnt get the honor of kicking Indy's ass but oh well. They didnt take care of business against the Chargers and that is their fault for that. Pats are focused and ready. They want 19-0 so badly they can fucking taste it. Man great times in Boston!

I will pay $100 to whoever can out this troll.

T Park
01-13-2008, 11:57 PM
I was wrong as well, the Chargers I thought would've been forced by the Colts to throw the ball, LT was limited, but Rivers got some plays down, and Billy Volek was nails leading that final drive.

Yeah I was very much looking forward to a Cowboys Patriots superbowl, but a Packers Patriots one would be just as entertaining IMO, because the Packer's defense is a smashmouth defense, wich NE has struggled against this year ala
Baltimore.

SpursFanFirst
01-14-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't think the Colts were looking ahead they just played like shit on D.

It wasn't only the defense that sucked...the offense wasn't really clicking either.
Nothing about them resembled what they typically are. That was a terrible performance all the way around.

I really hope Dungy doesn't go out with a loss like that. One more year?

SpursFanFirst
01-14-2008, 09:34 AM

Why don't you just block him?
I did...makes for a lot less stress when reading this forum.

monosylab1k
01-14-2008, 12:06 PM
I'll admit that I was wrong about the Chargers as well.

I thought they were soft, chokers, and incredibly arrogant without having done jack shit. I thought they'd get murdered by Indy.

The Chargers really impressed me on Sunday. I know the case can be made that SD didn't really win, that Indy gave the game away, and such. But either way, the Chargers really grew up on Sunday.

I am not looking forward to the Pats playing San Diego. This will be their toughest game all season by far. I don't even care if Volek & Turner are the QB/RB playing, the Chargers will give the Patriots their greatest test all season, and an upset is absolutely possible.

monosylab1k
01-14-2008, 12:20 PM
although the Chargers have to be secretly worried about Kaeding. After choking last year and clanking one this year, he's turning into Scott Norwood 2.0

SAtown
01-14-2008, 12:24 PM
although the Chargers have to be secretly worried about Kaeding. After choking last year and clanking one this year, he's turning into Scott Norwood 2.0

He choked in 04 at home against the Jets in OT as well.

JamStone
01-14-2008, 12:25 PM

There's such a fine line between genius humor and insane stupidity. Look at Bill Walton.

midgetonadonkey
01-14-2008, 12:57 PM
a Packers Patriots one would be just as entertaining IMO, because the Packer's defense is a smashmouth defense, wich NE has struggled against this year ala
Baltimore.

But they had no trouble against a smashmouth Jacksonville defense when it matters most, in the playoffs.

vander
01-14-2008, 01:34 PM
so no one's giving the Chargers a shot against the Pats? :depressed

I think the one thing we can do that other teams can't is shut down Moss with single coverage (Cromartie) which will afford us better pass rushing options, if we can hit Brady a few times, anything is possible

monosylab1k
01-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I think the one thing we can do that other teams can't is shut down Moss with single coverage (Cromartie)
considering he's never gone one-on-one with Moss, it's a little ridiculous to assume he can handle it. it's possible i guess, but considering that nobody in the NFL has stopped Moss with single coverage, i doubt it will happen on Sunday.

JamStone
01-14-2008, 03:58 PM
I think the one thing we can do that other teams can't is shut down Moss with single coverage (Cromartie) which will afford us better pass rushing options, if we can hit Brady a few times, anything is possible

Cromartie is good. But, you're off your rocker if you think he can shut down Moss by himself. No one can shut down Moss by himself.

TheSanityAnnex
01-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Cromartie is good. But, you're off your rocker if you think he can shut down Moss by himself. No one can shut down Moss by himself.Quinten Jammer has done quite well against Moss throughout his career.

JamStone
01-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Quinten Jammer has done quite well against Moss throughout his career.

When? When Randy was a Raider and he had Mickey Mouse throwing him the football?

san antonio spurs
01-14-2008, 04:32 PM
Quinten Jammer has done quite well against Moss throughout his career.
:lol TSA, it's good to be confident in your players, but there's got to be a limit

monosylab1k
01-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Quinten Jammer has never played against a motivated Moss throughout his career.
fixed

TheSanityAnnex
01-14-2008, 04:54 PM
:lol TSA, it's good to be confident in your players, but there's got to be a limitWhat is there to laugh about? Why should I limit my confidence as a fan? Will it affect the outcome of the game? Jammer has played very well against Moss. Of course Moss didn't have Brady and played for the Raiders but it was still the talented Randy Moss.

san antonio spurs
01-14-2008, 05:14 PM
What is there to laugh about? Why should I limit my confidence as a fan? Will it affect the outcome of the game? Jammer has played very well against Moss. Of course Moss didn't have Brady and played for the Raiders but it was still the talented Randy Moss.
sure it won't affect the game, you just limit your self to not look stupid. That's all.

TheSanityAnnex
01-14-2008, 05:17 PM
sure it won't affect the game, you just limit your self to not look stupid. That's all.That's what people were saying when I was running my mouth going into the Colts game. Who looks stupid now? And saying Jammer has played Moss well in their matchups in no way makes me look stupid, you calling me out on the otherhand does.

slayermin
01-14-2008, 05:19 PM
One thing is for sure. I don't think San Diego is intimidated by Moss like some other teams.

san antonio spurs
01-14-2008, 05:54 PM
That's what people were saying when I was running my mouth going into the Colts game. Who looks stupid now? And saying Jammer has played Moss well in their matchups in no way makes me look stupid, you calling me out on the otherhand does.
Regarding the colts game you were running your mouth saying that you had a chance, not that you were going to win for sure. You were limiting yourself, smart and realistic of you, on the other hand,JT didn't limit himself and now looks stupid.
And I believe you implied Jammer would contain MOSS one on one, if you were implying that he might have a slight chance, then my bad.

TheSanityAnnex
01-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Regarding the colts game you were running your mouth saying that you had a chance, not that you were going to win for sure. You were limiting yourself, smart and realistic of you, on the other hand,JT didn't limit himself and now looks stupid.
And I believe you implied Jammer would contain MOSS one on one, if you were implying that he might have a slight chance, then my bad.I didn't mean he would shut him down, but I do think Jammer can slow him down. But I also think Cromartie will be covering Moss due to his size and athleticism. In past games, Brady has been able to throw jump balls to Moss and that won't be the case with Cromartie covering Moss.

san antonio spurs
01-14-2008, 06:03 PM
I didn't mean he would shut him down, but I do think Jammer can slow him down. But I also think Cromartie will be covering Moss due to his size and athleticism. In past games, Brady has been able to throw jump balls to Moss and that won't be the case with Cromartie covering Moss.
so what is your prediction for the AFC championship game?
and btw jump balls to Moss have occured so rarely that if you take that away, they still roll.

TheSanityAnnex
01-14-2008, 06:06 PM
so what is your prediction for the AFC championship game?
and btw jump balls to Moss have occured so rarely that if you take that away, they still roll.One team winning by a fieldgoal.

Jump ball may have been the wrong word. I meant the plays where Brady just chucks it and has confidence that Moss will come down with it.

san antonio spurs
01-14-2008, 06:11 PM
One team winning by a fieldgoal.Jump ball may have been the wrong word. I meant the plays where Brady just chucks it and has confidence that Moss will come down with it.
seems reasonnable. I thought you were going to be cocky, turns out you are still down to earth.

And regarding ill advised throws to Moss, tom brady did that in the season chasing records, in the postseason he's gonna do what he's always done in the past. Hit the open receiver.
And good luck, looking forward to the game, must be entertaining.

TheSanityAnnex
01-14-2008, 06:17 PM
I know the case can be made that SD didn't really win, that Indy gave the game away, and such.I'm not sure how anyone can say this given the fact that 7 points were taken off the board by a phantom holding call, a crucial Colts drive was sustained by a phantom P.I. call, and Nate Kaeding doinked one off the uprights.

monosylab1k
01-14-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure how anyone can say this given the fact that 7 points were taken off the board by a phantom holding call, a crucial Colts drive was sustained by a phantom P.I. call, and Nate Kaeding doinked one off the uprights.
true, but you also got two picks from dropped passes that generally don't happen with the Colts, one of which was just dumb shit luck that the ball fell right into Weddle's arm.

i've already given the Chargers all the credit in the world, they played their guts out and did what it took to win...but I can see why people would say that Indy shot themselves in the foot too much and how that was the real difference in the game.

I'm still of the opinion that Indy are all playoff chokers and always have been, and that last year was a complete aberration for them. They won a title playing overrated teams and shit quarterbacks. Their one quality playoff win was against NE and they barely squeaked by in a game that the Pats gave away. If not for a couple Troy Brown fuckups in last year's AFC Championship Game, the Colts would still be considered the biggest chokers in the NFL.

san antonio spurs
01-14-2008, 06:33 PM
true, but you also got two picks from dropped passes that generally don't happen with the Colts,.
Wrong, happens more than often with the colts in the playoffs

i've already given the Chargers all the credit in the world, they played their guts out and did what it took to win...but I can see why people would say that Indy shot themselves in the foot too much and how that was the real difference in the game..
The chargers won that game, they overcame injuries and bad calls, Indy was lucky to be in the game.
As much as I loathe the chargers because of the history we have with them dating back to 2005 where shaun phillips talked trash about the pats, I respect them great deal this year after stomping the colts in the RCA dome.