Thunder Dan
01-13-2008, 10:06 PM
http://www.umich.edu/news/index.html?BG/317descr

Tippecanoe
01-13-2008, 10:11 PM
wtf!!! that is really weird. :dizzy

Extra Stout
01-14-2008, 12:18 AM
At Brown, that is part of the core curriculum.

NoMoneyDown
01-14-2008, 11:58 AM
Interesting. I get an error going to that url.

Thunder Dan
01-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Interesting. I get an error going to that url.

they must have taken it off. It was a course called "How to Be Gay"

Marklar MM
01-14-2008, 03:11 PM
It wasn't teaching you how to be gay, per se. More of a way to see what it is like if you are in a gay person's shoes in life.

MajorMike
01-14-2008, 05:25 PM
It wasn't teaching you how to be gay, per se. More of a way to see what it is like if you are in a gay person's shoes in life.

What kind of grade did you get?

Marklar MM
01-14-2008, 05:48 PM
What kind of grade did you get?

Passed with flying colors

JamStone
01-14-2008, 05:54 PM
It's no secret that Ann Arbor has been one of the most liberal and progressive universities in the country, along the lines of Berkley. While I was there, they even had a gay/lesbian kissing day. All out in the open, hundreds of gay men and lesbians kissing in the middle of the campus. They also have Hash Bash where basically the whole campus is outside smoking weed. They also have (maybe had because they were trying to shut it down) the Naked Mile at the end of the school year. I don't see any problem with a class on being gay. Of course, before going to Michigan, I would be a little more put off by it. But, being exposed to everything at Michigan, Michigan students and alums accept multicultural and gender diversity.

I know some will look down at it. It's my personal belief that those people are a little more close-minded than those who don't. I don't know why it would even be an issue except for a Buckeye fan trying to make an ignorant joke.

Thunder Dan
01-14-2008, 06:13 PM
It's no secret that Ann Arbor has been one of the most liberal and progressive universities in the country, along the lines of Berkley. While I was there, they even had a gay/lesbian kissing day. All out in the open, hundreds of gay men and lesbians kissing in the middle of the campus. They also have Hash Bash where basically the whole campus is outside smoking weed. They also have (maybe had because they were trying to shut it down) the Naked Mile at the end of the school year. I don't see any problem with a class on being gay. Of course, before going to Michigan, I would be a little more put off by it. But, being exposed to everything at Michigan, Michigan students and alums accept multicultural and gender diversity.

I know some will look down at it. It's my personal belief that those people are a little more close-minded than those who don't. I don't know why it would even be an issue except for a Buckeye fan trying to make an ignorant joke.

I posted it so Michigan fans like yourself would get their panites in a bundle over something pretty meaningless and stupid

JamStone
01-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Thanks for acknowledging that your posting is meaningless and stupid.

Thunder Dan
01-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks for acknowledging that your posting is meaningless and stupid.

thanks for sticking up for the gay posters on here that might have been offended by my post

JamStone
01-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks for supporting ignorance.

MajorMike
01-15-2008, 09:19 AM
Passed with flying colors

With a rainbow of colors?

Thunder Dan
01-15-2008, 09:26 AM
With a rainbow of colors?

you better stop, JamStone will yell at you.

JamStone
01-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Thing is no one yelled at you or scolded you or got into a war of words with you over this thread and your stupidity. No one got offended or upset over the thread like you expected with this lame attempt at taking a shot at Michigan. All fairly respectful responses with a few mild jokes. Not even any shots at Ohio State in response. It's rather telling on your part that you are still trying to start anything in this thread.

Thunder Dan
01-15-2008, 09:51 AM
Thing is no one yelled at you or scolded you or got into a war of words with you over this thread and your stupidity. No one got offended or upset over the thread like you expected with this lame attempt at taking a shot at Michigan. All fairly respectful responses with a few mild jokes. Not even any shots at Ohio State in response. It's rather telling on your part that you are still trying to start anything in this thread.

I hope to be like you one day; when I can see a class offered at a school called (in these exact words) 'How to be Gay' and not think that is remotely intresting.

I think it just really pains you to see anyone say anything bad about Michigan (a school you most likely never attended), and that you have to turn this into something against me to make yourself feel better.

JamStone
01-15-2008, 10:21 AM
You don't hope to like be me one day. And, that's fine. But, was your posting of the link to a Michigan class here on these messageboards due to you finding it interesting or as you put it, so "Michigan fans like yourself would get their panites in a bundle over something pretty meaningless and stupid?" Which is it? Now it's just because you found it interesting? You didn't get the offended responses you hoped for and now you posted it because you found it interesting?

I don't need to make myself feel better to discuss why you felt the need to post this thread. I found it neither offensive or noteworthy. I find your random attempt to blast Michigan as self-loathing and desperate for attention. Not that it matters since this is just the internet, but I did graduate from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. But, who cares if I didn't? It neither pains me or upsets me if someone takes shots at University of Michigan or Detroit or anything that I have an association with other than my family. I make fun of Michigan my dam self. But, you and this thread in particular are extremely lame.

MajorMike
01-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Jam - if no one cares, then why have you made 5 out of the 18 posts on this thread?

Someone takes themself WAAAAAY too serious.

This thread would have died shortly after mark's post. You, however, had to inject your cynicism in regards to why the post even existed and then not expect someone, even someone named after a gay basketball player, not to respond?

You have perpetuated your own filth and yet you still complain about it.

samikeyp
01-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Lesbians kissing?

Are they the hot "let's experiment in college" type lesbians or the hardcore, butch "kill all the men" type lesbians?

Just curious...for a friend. Yeah...that's it. :nerd

:lol

JamStone
01-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Jam - if no one cares, then why have you made 5 out of the 18 posts on this thread?

This thread would have died shortly after mark's post. You, however, had to inject your cynicism in regards to why the post even existed and then not expect someone, even someone named after a gay basketball player, not to respond?

I don't care if this thread keeps getting bumped. And, I respond to posts that are directed at me. At first, I was just expressing my opinion. Then I was responding to TD. I didn't say no one cares. Apparently some people do care. I just believe it was lame to make this thread. If the thread lives because I respond to TD, so be it.

Thunder Dan
01-15-2008, 11:16 AM

word.

although for the record, Dan Marjle is not gay. He has a wife and kids. Not that there is anything wrong with that if he were gay. I don't even like him, I just needed a nickname and it was the same day he hit those shots of half court...

Herschel Walker
01-22-2008, 01:07 PM
At Georgia in the 80's we had a similar class. Just replace "be" with "kill" and add an s at the end of gay.

ClingingMars
01-27-2008, 02:40 PM
At Georgia in the 80's we had a similar class. Just replace "be" with "kill" and add an s at the end of gay.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

-Mars

Pistons < Spurs
01-27-2008, 05:39 PM
They also have Hash Bash where basically the whole campus is outside smoking weed. They also have (maybe had because they were trying to shut it down) the Naked Mile at the end of the school year.
Sadly, the naked mile is no more. :depressed And hash bash is a shell of it's former self.