PDA

View Full Version : sprained ankle

Steve Irwin
01-13-2008, 10:47 PM
so i was ballin on some bitches on the courts friday early PM and went up for a rebound and landed on some dudes foot. immediately felt that it was super serious as I have had some bad sprains before. 2 mins after it was already swelling up pretty damn big. later that night, it turned to the size of a baseball, no joke. the swelling has gone down from ice/elevation/compression but it's turning blue and black. pretty typical. can't walk without crutches, but can put LIMITED pressure on it.

however, do i need to visit the doctors to take x-rays on ligaments or anything or should i man up and not worry about it?

ididnotnothat
01-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Rub some linement on it and wrap it up and see how it feels like in the morning. Keep it warm so it doesn't tighten up too bad. And stop trying to play a game you don't know how to play.

Steve Irwin
01-13-2008, 11:03 PM
Rub some linement on it and wrap it up and see how it feels like in the morning. Keep it warm so it doesn't tighten up too bad. And stop trying to play a game you don't know how to play.

6'1 185.

please dude, i get respect on the courts. double team'd, if not, triple team'd.

before the game starts, "guard that guy he's the best player on the team".

i shit on teams out here... and i'd shit on you.

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2008, 11:03 PM
put some ointment on it and rub it in

no im not talkin about sperm mate

Jimmy Craps Corn
01-13-2008, 11:18 PM
6'1 185.

Rub some ligament on it, wrap it up, put it in the microwave for 45 seconds. If you still have an ankle tomorrow, stop playing a game you don't know how to play :sequ :sequ :sequ

ididnotnothat
01-13-2008, 11:25 PM
6'1 185.

Too bad your ankle can't handle your own shit.

Steve Irwin
01-13-2008, 11:47 PM
Too bad your ankle can't handle your own shit.
your ankle would have done the same if it landed on a foot after it went up a foot in the air

mavs>spurs2
01-13-2008, 11:54 PM
your ankle would have done the same if it landed on a foot after it went up a foot in the air

Wow you jumped a whole foot in the air? :clap

Unless you're 5ft 11.5 like me and can dunk with 2 hands I don't care..my vert was 35 at its best I would dunk on you and put my nuts in your mouth

ashbeeigh
01-14-2008, 12:04 AM
RICE

THE MOST IMPORTANT INITIAL MANAGEMENT OF A SPRAIN IS,

* R - rest
* I - ice
* C - compression
* E - elevation

BonnerDynasty
01-14-2008, 12:14 AM
so i was ballin on some bitches on the courts friday early PM and went up for a rebound and landed on some dudes foot. immediately felt that it was super serious as I have had some bad sprains before. 2 mins after it was already swelling up pretty damn big. later that night, it turned to the size of a baseball, no joke. the swelling has gone down from ice/elevation/compression but it's turning blue and black. pretty typical. can't walk without crutches, but can put LIMITED pressure on it.

however, do i need to visit the doctors to take x-rays on ligaments or anything or should i man up and not worry about it?

Did you break his face and use his ligaments as an ace bandage? Get in that ass Steve Irwin.

Steve Irwin
01-14-2008, 12:16 AM
RICE

THE MOST IMPORTANT INITIAL MANAGEMENT OF A SPRAIN IS,

* R - rest
* I - ice
* C - compression
* E - elevation
I'll go with PRINCE

In many cases you can first use the PRINCE approach to treat your ankle. PRINCE stands for protection, rest, ice, NSAIDs (pain relievers), compression, and elevation. Treating a sprained ankle may help prevent ongoing ankle problems.

Melmart1
01-14-2008, 12:19 AM
The first post of this thread is eerily remniscent of the 'injury question' thread that was recently bumped. Horry for 3 didn't really injure his knuckle in a fight, he just wanted us to think that. Similarly, I don't think NorCal injured his ankle playing basketball.

Leetonidas
01-14-2008, 12:19 AM
I've sprained my ankle maybe 5 different times playing basketball. Always end up landing on someone's foot. I fucked my knee up bad last year when I collided into some dude going for steal or a block, I forget. But damn, it felt like my whole leg snapped backwards and that was the worse pain I was ever in.

Crutches are a bitch too man.

But fuck it, it's the sport I love to play and some shitty small injury could never keep me away from it. I've been elbowed in the face and been gushing blood, kept playing, punched in the throat and kept playing.

Basketball is just too damn awesome.

E20
01-14-2008, 12:25 AM
I sprained my lower dick muscle by putting it in a milk carton too much, does anybody have any acryonms to help me?

Leetonidas
01-14-2008, 12:25 AM
I sprained my lower dick muscle by putting it in a milk carton too much, does anybody have any acryonms to help me?

STFU.

Pretty self-explanatory man.

ToughActinTinactin
01-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Avoid wrapping or compressing the joint. Often times, wrapping the injured joint can prevent excess fluid from draining from the area, prolonging inflammation and discomfort. I'd elevate it slightly during the night.
Good luck.

E20
01-14-2008, 12:29 AM
STFU.

Pretty self-explanatory man.
Not nice man, not nice at all. :td

Steve Irwin
01-14-2008, 12:30 AM
The first post of this thread is eerily remniscent of the 'injury question' thread that was recently bumped. Horry for 3 didn't really injure his knuckle in a fight, he just wanted us to think that. Similarly, I don't think NorCal injured his ankle playing basketball.
I wish I was joking... :rolleyes

Plus, who'd lie about a sprained ankle?

Steve Irwin
01-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Avoid wrapping or compressing the joint. Often times, wrapping the injured joint can prevent excess fluid from draining from the area, prolonging inflammation and discomfort. I'd elevate it slightly during the night.
Good luck.
WebMD says it's good to compress. I'm gonna go with that and not your advice.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2008, 01:53 AM

Sounds exactly like what happened the three times I've torn ankle ligaments. As a vet of 34 sprains and 3 torn ligament episodes, get it checked out or you'll end up with shitty ankles like mine.

If it is a torn ligament (and it sure sounds like it is), you'll probably need a cast, and the more you move it at this stage the worse it will heal (scar tissue), and the weaker and less flexible it will be in the future.

TDMVPDPOY
01-14-2008, 02:38 AM
go see a chinese acupuncture, he would give it the twist of fate, and put it back in its original form

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2008, 06:40 AM
go see a chinese acupuncture, he would give it the twist of fate, and put it back in its original form

Your randomness never ceases to amaze me... :spin

JoeChalupa
01-14-2008, 09:31 AM
I've never gone to the doctor for a sprained ankle and I've had some real major sprains. I've got bad ones but I've always used good old fashioned rub downs and keeping it warm and give it time to heal. Good luck.

TDMVPDPOY
01-14-2008, 11:27 AM
wat i do is goto them chinese grocery stores, im pretty sure they sell them green oitment oils.....you only need to pour a little of it over the bruise area, rub or massage it hard few times a day....bandage it and try not to put weight on it....it will decrease the bruising....

next time when balling, ask that person if any of them graduated from the school of ankler breakers bruce lee bowen woaahhh

florige
01-14-2008, 11:44 AM

So basically somebody crossed your ass up and your ankles got broke is the real story....

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-14-2008, 12:03 PM

Sounds a little messy. I think I'd give you the lane if you're out there taking a dump. Hell, you can have the entire court for that matter.

polandprzem
01-14-2008, 02:15 PM
6'1 185.

umm eat some garlic.
You won't be doubled

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I've never gone to the doctor for a sprained ankle and I've had some real major sprains. I've got bad ones but I've always used good old fashioned rub downs and keeping it warm and give it time to heal. Good luck.

I made that mistake twice, thinking I had a sprain when actually I had torn ligaments, which should be immobilised to aid healing. If your ankle blows up really big and the bruising is extensive, it's probably a tear and worth getting a cast on.