PDA

View Full Version : Bynum Knee Injury

Medvedenko
01-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Just went down a couple of minutes ago vs the Grizz....stepped on Lamar's foot and twisted his knee...had to be carried off by teammates..... :depressed

FUCK

FromWayDowntown
01-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Let's hope for the best -- Tim Duncan was helped off by his teammates after what looked to be a serious knee injury and only missed 4 games.

duncan228
01-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Damn.
That's not good.

m33p0
01-13-2008, 11:17 PM
aw. injury bug strikes the lakers again.
hope nothing serious.

Medvedenko
01-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Well I hope it's not serious. :)

Medvedenko
01-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Well they are deeming it a sprain so far....MRI tomorrow and will be doing x-rays now. Looks like Kwame needs to pick it up. Also, we've been missing Sasha and Vlad for 5 plus games so far as well. We'll need to get Vlad back as he can play a little PF for us. Oh, and fucking trade Lamar....

Roxsfan
01-14-2008, 12:00 AM
hope its not serious.

TheNextGen
01-14-2008, 12:15 AM
ouch. same time every year, the lakers get the injury bug

missmyzte
01-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Good news: Drew talked to reporters after the game and said it felt better after icing it. He can put weight on it, he can stand up, it just hurts if he tries to actually walk on it. That leads one to believe it is just a sprain and no ligament damage, which is good. MRI tomorrow so we'll see what that says.

By the way, Lakers are 1/2 behind being tied with Phoenix and Dallas for the best record in the West!

baseline bum
01-14-2008, 12:44 AM
Good to hear it's most likely just a sprain.

MaNu4Tres
01-14-2008, 12:48 AM
FYI - I happened to tear my ACL the same way bynum did back on november the 18th. After it happened I could stand on it, but it would hurt to walk on it. Doctors said it was just a sprain before the MRI. With my luck the MRI showed I had a torn ACL. So I wouldn't be relieved just yet without the results of the MRI. Although I wish the best for the lakers fans.

BonnerDynasty
01-14-2008, 12:49 AM
Lakers need to slide down anyways so they can face PHX in 1st round.

exstatic
01-14-2008, 01:08 AM
I hope he's alright. That being said, the poster above was correct. EVERYTHING is diagnosed as a sprain until the MRI.

iminlakerland
01-14-2008, 03:12 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

please oh please dont let it be serious!

m33p0
01-14-2008, 03:31 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

please oh please dont let it be serious!
suicide watch!!!

TDMVPDPOY
01-14-2008, 05:56 AM
looks like 70m down to 55m....contract extention

endrity
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Damn, the played the Suns on thursday. Bynum would have helped especially against those midgets

tlongII
01-14-2008, 11:30 AM
I hope he's okay, but he's clearly been doing too much weight lifting. :rolleyes

LakeShow
01-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Damn, the played the Suns on thursday. Bynum would have helped especially against those midgets

We'll beat them without Bynum!

Medvedenko
01-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Well, Kwame will hold down the fort...... :)

CavsSuperFan
01-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Did anyone see the Kwame dunk miss…The guy can only levitate about an inch & he cries & whines when somebody touches him...The Lakers have no big men with Mihm & Bynum hurt….Just Kwame Fernando…the big, bad bull who would rather be sniffing flowers… :smokin

LakeShow
01-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Did anyone see the Kwame dunk miss…The guy can only levitate about an inch & he cries & whines when somebody touches him...The Lakers have no big men with Mihm & Bynum hurt….Just Kwame Fernando…the big, bad bull who would rather be sniffing flowers… :smokin

yeah, i saw that. Kwame will get it together. He made the game winning freethrow last night. :drunk

We have Seattle tonight, Phoenix on Thursday, both winable games without Bynum. Hopefully Bynum will be back by next week when the Lakers will really need him.

DazedAndConfused
01-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Things are gonna be rough until Bynum gets back. We could potentially drop a lot of games between now and then. Kobe is going to have to carry this team until he gets back.

da_suns_fan
01-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Out 8 weeks....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3196420

Hemotivo
01-14-2008, 04:23 PM
ouch

Pistons < Spurs
01-14-2008, 04:31 PM
That sucks for him and the team as both were doing great of late. But on the positive side, it could have been alot worse.

sribb43
01-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Damn Lakers are just like the Nuggets...injury prone the past few years

FromWayDowntown
01-14-2008, 04:46 PM
That's really too bad. Hope his rehab goes well and that he's back on the court sooner than expected.

baseline bum
01-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Shit. How long until Kobe demands the trade again?

Medvedenko
01-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Well, with Mihm, Rad, Sasha, and now Bynum out (8 weeks, like 30 games)....we can kiss top 4 seed goodbye. Oh, well as long as he's healthy for the playoffs we'll be ok. We'll be a lower seed and hopefully play the Suns again :)....healthy of course.

LakeShow
01-14-2008, 04:59 PM
:bang :bang :pctoss :madrun :madrun

Medvedenko
01-14-2008, 05:02 PM
He was becoming my favourite laker behind Kobe....and the most fun I had watching laker games in a long time. Well, no surgery which is good, but it's going to either expose Odom as sucking or hopefully light a fire up his ass.

LakeShow
01-14-2008, 05:05 PM
He was becoming my favourite laker behind Kobe....and the most fun I had watching laker games in a long time. Well, no surgery which is good, but it's going to either expose Odom as sucking or hopefully light a fire up his ass.

Damn, this sucks! Just when the Lakers were starting to gel. Shit! :bang

duncan228
01-14-2008, 05:22 PM
That is too bad.
I've been enjoying watching him start to come into his own lately.

Medvedenko
01-14-2008, 05:24 PM
It's part of the game...like I said, we can kiss the top 4 seed goodbye unless Kobe goes on a stretch of crazy games...which up to this year he's played a career low in minutes and taking 4 less shots per game on average. I can see him getting the scoring race, but it probably won't equate to too many Wins. Hopefully we built up a good cushion and go .500 over this stretch. We just need to get in a flow with Kwame back....technically we had Kwame start last year with the same line up now with Fish....we just need to get Vlad Rad back...who knows about Mihm...that would be nice though.

CavsSuperFan
01-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Eight weeks of 5 on 1....Kobe must be so excited... :smokin

tlongII
01-14-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm glad it's not too serious. I'm looking forward to Bynum vs Oden in the future! :toast

LakeShow
01-14-2008, 05:32 PM
It's part of the game...like I said, we can kiss the top 4 seed goodbye unless Kobe goes on a stretch of crazy games...which up to this year he's played a career low in minutes and taking 4 less shots per game on average. I can see him getting the scoring race, but it probably won't equate to too many Wins. Hopefully we built up a good cushion and go .500 over this stretch. We just need to get in a flow with Kwame back....technically we had Kwame start last year with the same line up now with Fish....we just need to get Vlad Rad back...who knows about Mihm...that would be nice though.

Kobe still doesnt have to do that and I hope he doesn't. Keep it a team game spreading the ball. Time for the Lakers depth to show. The Lakers can still win some games with Kwame at center. They won as much last season and he was the starter. The Lakers will be alright but with Bynum, they're Elite!

Shit!!!@!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-14-2008, 05:36 PM
That sucks.
As much as I "hate" the Lakers, always sucks to hear when a big piece of the team gets hurt.

I think the Lakers still look leaps and bounds better this season with their inside presence.

Not too sure if Kwame Brown will pick up the slack though. :lol

duncan228
01-14-2008, 05:37 PM
...we just need to get Vlad Rad back...

How much can you get from Vlade?

I watched him as a Sonic, I actually liked him as a Sonic, but he hasn't seemed to make the adjustment as a Laker in the games I've seen him in.
I know Phil calls him a "space cadet," do you think he'll settle and be consistent when he's back?

Armando
01-14-2008, 06:28 PM
It sucks that Bynum is hurt and out for 8 weeks. On the other hand the Lakers owe the Suns 2 games. Hopefully we see a Suns blowout of the Lakers on Thursday.

LakeShow
01-14-2008, 06:31 PM
It sucks that Bynum is hurt and out for 8 weeks. On the other hand the Lakers owe the Suns 2 games. Hopefully we see a Suns blowout of the Lakers on Thursday.

I read somewhere that Nash is out until Saturday, is that true?

Armando
01-14-2008, 06:33 PM
I read somewhere that Nash is out until Saturday, is that true?

I have not heard that but I will check on it.

duncan228
01-14-2008, 07:04 PM
Phil's comment sounds like a slap at Brown and Turiaf.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/basketball/nba/01/14/bynum.lakers.ap/index.html

Lakers' Bynum out two months
Knee injury sidelines promising third-year center

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Andrew Bynum, a big factor in the Los Angeles Lakers' strong start, will be out at least eight weeks because of an injured left knee.

MRI tests and an examination Monday by team physician Dr. Steve Lombardo revealed Bynum had temporarily dislocated his kneecap -- a subluxation -- and suffered a bone bruise.

Bynum is expected to make a full recovery, the Lakers said in a press release.

The 20-year-old center, who leads the NBA in field-goal percentage, was injured early in the third quarter of Sunday night's 100-99 victory over Memphis when he landed on teammate Lamar Odom's left foot while going for a rebound.

Bynum crumpled to the court, and teammates Kwame Brown and Ronny Turiaf had to carry him to the locker room as fans at Staples Center chanted, "By-num, By-num."

A third-year pro taken by the Lakers with the 10th overall pick in the 2005 draft, Bynum is averaging 13.1 points, 10.2 rebounds and 2.06 blocked shots, and has made 189 of his 297 field goal attempts (63.6 percent). He is the league's 11th-leading rebounder and ninth-leading shot-blocker.

The Lakers (25-11) had won six straight games -- their longest winning streak in almost four years -- and 16 of 19 entering Monday night's game at Seattle.

The schedule gets much tougher after that, with games against Phoenix, Denver, San Antonio, Dallas and Cleveland. Then, after a home game against the Knicks, the Lakers begin a nine-game road trip Jan. 31 at Detroit.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson said following Sunday night's game that Brown would replace Bynum in the starting lineup and Turiaf would serve as his backup.

"Unless Wilt [Chamberlain] comes back from the dead, I don't know what else we're going to do," Jackson said.

Brown, limited to 41 games by injuries last season, has averaged 5.3 points and 4.4 rebounds in eight games after missing 19 because of a sprained left knee and ankle. He entered Monday night's matchup against Seattle having played in 15 games this season.

The Lakers already had a depth problem at center because Chris Mihm has been sidelined with a sore right Achilles' tendon and isn't expected to return for at least two more weeks.

Bynum expressed optimism as he left the arena after Sunday night's game walking under his own power with a soft brace on his knee while his personal trainer, Sean Zarzana, carried a pair of crutches.

"I'm not in too much pain, only when I bend it," Bynum said. "I don't think it's serious at all. I can move it left and right. Just to take a step forward is the only thing that really hurts. I never heard a pop."

In his last full game before being injured, Bynum had 25 points and a career-high 17 rebounds Friday night in a 110-105 victory over Milwaukee.

LakeShow
01-14-2008, 07:26 PM
this guy claims to be a chiropractor,

Chiropractor here...a subluxation of the knee isn't the end of the world at all and it shouldn't take more than a week or two to correct. The true problem is that Bynum also has a bone bruise...that is the problem that could keep him out for 8 weeks. Depending on how severe the bone bruise is he could be out a full 8 weeks, but if the youngster doesn't mind playing with pain (ala Kobe) he could be back on the court in half the time with extremely minimal chances of a repeat incident.

iminlakerland
01-14-2008, 09:04 PM
could be much worse, glad its only 8 weeks...breathing a sigh of relief. I was never really on suicide watch, but i wasnt getting too over excited about how the lakers were playing because i was fearing injuries.

Anywho, i dont think that Phil Jacksons comments were really a slap in the face for brown or turiaf. He has those two guys on his roster at center, thats who he has to play.

Armando
01-14-2008, 09:07 PM
could be much worse, glad its only 8 weeks...breathing a sigh of relief. I was never really on suicide watch, but i wasnt getting too over excited about how the lakers were playing because i was fearing injuries.

Anywho, i dont think that Phil Jacksons comments were really a slap in the face for brown or turiaf. He has those two guys on his roster at center, thats who he has to play.

But lets see how he comes back. Being out for 2 months is quite a bit of time. When he returns he would need several games to get back in game shape.

iminlakerland
01-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Obviously he wont return in the shape or at the same comfort level he had prior to the injury. But to be quite honest the injury could have been much more severe. He could have been out for a few months and if not that even the season. The damage could have been so much worse. So as a laker fan only 8 weeks is a sigh of relief for me.

lefty
01-14-2008, 09:42 PM
That really sucks.

And that comment by Phil was funny.

lefty
01-14-2008, 09:42 PM
Eight weeks of 5 on 1....Kobe must be so excited... :smokin
:lol

Purple & Gold
01-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Damn this injury came at the worst time. Well other than right before the playoffs. But it could have been much much worse. No surgery, no ligament damage. That's good news in my book. He should ready in time for the playoff run.