PDA

View Full Version : Players that are available for trading...

spurscenter
01-14-2008, 12:48 AM
In conversations with several general managers and player personnel directors within the last week, here is a list of some “name’’ players besides the aforementioned Artest and Randolph who could be relocated to a different zip code by next month:

New Jersey guard Jason Kidd,
Philadelphia guard Andre Miller,
Memphis forward-center Pau Gasol,
Memphis swingman Mike Miller,
Lakers forward Lamar Odom,
Cleveland guard Larry Hughes,
Sacramento point guard Mike Bibby,
Phoenix power forward-center Amare Stoudemire,
Phoenix forward Shawn Marion,
Atlanta forward Josh Smith,
Chicago small forwards Luol Deng and Andres Nocioni,
Chicago center Ben Wallace,
Denver forwards Kenyon Martin and Nene,
Houston shooting guard Tracy McGrady,
Seattle power forward Chris Wilcox,
Seattle point guard Luke Ridnour,
Miami swingman Ricky Davis,
Miami point guard Jason Williams
and
virtually anyone on the New York Knicks not named David Lee.

Suffice to say, basketball junkies should have plenty to talk about during the next couple of weeks --
besides Scott Skiles possibly becoming the next Heat coach
and
Larry Brown possibly becoming the next 76ers coach.

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel-world-of-sports/nba_teams_ready_to_play_lets_make_a_deal.html

T Park
01-14-2008, 01:09 AM
I'd take Nocioni or Josh Smith

SouthernFried
01-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Gimme a center. Ben would do nicely, but anyone over 6'10" on the list is just fine with me.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2008, 01:18 AM
Let's face it, most of that list is not going anywhere.

Why would the Hawks move Smith?

Kori Ellis
01-14-2008, 01:22 AM

:lol

Yeah, that doesn't make sense.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-14-2008, 01:32 AM

Yeah the players on that list aren't the kind you move before the deadline. These are players that get moved in the summer.

:) Josh Smith would be nice though.

T Park
01-14-2008, 01:36 AM
Andres Nocioni would make the Spurs unbeatable.

Seriously.

SequSpur
01-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Nocioni blows

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2008, 01:45 AM
IMHO, most likely to move - Dre Miller, Hughes, Bibby, one of the Chicago guys, maybe McGrady.

Typhoon
01-14-2008, 01:46 AM
Nocioni blows

Enano de mierda. Nocioni owns.

TDMVPDPOY
01-14-2008, 01:58 AM
i trade finleys ass back to his hometown of chicago for nocioni....

Pistons < Spurs
01-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Good chance Detroit looks to trade away Flip Murray before the deadline.

Give us a second round pick and he's yours!

baseline bum
01-14-2008, 02:07 AM
IMHO, most likely to move - Dre Miller, Hughes, Bibby, one of the Chicago guys, maybe McGrady.

Hughes, on that contract? I think Shaq would get traded before Hughes.

mountainballer
01-14-2008, 03:48 AM

look at their roster and their contracts. they have to make some decisions about the resignings within the next year. Smith is rumored to demand almost max money and Childress also won't be satisfied with the MLE. the year after Marvin Williams is waiting for an extension.
with the numbers Smith delivers, some teams might offer a nice package. (likely including a top pick, considering Smith is still on his rookie contract)
getting rid of Smith makes sense. I don't get, why some people are so high on him. yes, some numbers are impressive, but did you ever think about his role on the team? he is a guy with one of the lowest BBIQ in the league, he takes stupid shots, he breakes plays to get his own shot. his great blocking numbers are a result of his way to defend (better not defend) his man. he only looks for the block from behind, but doesn't do anything to prevent his man to beat him first. that gives some nice block numbers, but that's all. Pop would kill any player, who plays that kind of "defense".

overall: if you want some highlight. you keep Smith
if you want to build a winning team: you keep Williams and Childress (who are both much more effective and better team players) and try to get a helpful piece for Smith in a trade.

btw. if Mike Miller is in fact on the market, he would be a great addition.I know, he's making to much and there isn't room on the Spurs payroll for another almost 9 million salary. on the other hand: he would be able to deliver what Barry AND Finley give us. they make some 8 million toghether. just saying.

Deimosfobos
01-14-2008, 05:20 AM
Nocioni is a pipedream. He's the best player on the bulls so far this season (not hard honestly), and a fan favorite... he's not going anywhere.

TDMVPDPOY
01-14-2008, 06:02 AM
i think the spurs should trade for duhorn....his doing nothin on the bulls team atm....

Bruno
01-14-2008, 06:13 AM
This list is kinda bad. Some players in this list like Amare Stoudamire aren't really available.

BTW, Nocioni isn't that good and is quite overpaid.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2008, 06:34 AM
bb - yeah, terrible contract, but someone will want it. Dre + filler to Cavs for Hughes and picks - Phili get their youth, and cap relief after (next year?), Cavs get their PG?

look at their roster and their contracts. they have to make some decisions about the resignings within the next year. Smith is rumored to demand almost max money and Childress also won't be satisfied with the MLE. the year after Marvin Williams is waiting for an extension.
with the numbers Smith delivers, some teams might offer a nice package. (likely including a top pick, considering Smith is still on his rookie contract)
getting rid of Smith makes sense. I don't get, why some people are so high on him. yes, some numbers are impressive, but did you ever think about his role on the team? he is a guy with one of the lowest BBIQ in the league, he takes stupid shots, he breakes plays to get his own shot. his great blocking numbers are a result of his way to defend (better not defend) his man. he only looks for the block from behind, but doesn't do anything to prevent his man to beat him first. that gives some nice block numbers, but that's all. Pop would kill any player, who plays that kind of "defense".

if you want to build a winning team: you keep Williams and Childress (who are both much more effective and better team players) and try to get a helpful piece for Smith in a trade.

btw. if Mike Miller is in fact on the market, he would be a great addition.I know, he's making to much and there isn't room on the Spurs payroll for another almost 9 million salary. on the other hand: he would be able to deliver what Barry AND Finley give us. they make some 8 million toghether. just saying.

Good answer. :tu

However, Smith strikes me as the sort of player that needs to find the right coach to hit his full potential (see Davis, Baron). The Hawks would want a pretty good package to give him away, because I think one day it'll all click for him... beware Beno syndrome! :lmao

Cherry
01-14-2008, 06:53 AM
Enano de mierda.

la boquita nene :nope

Nocioni owns.

:toast

Cherry
01-14-2008, 06:56 AM
BTW, Nocioni isn't that good and is quite overpaid.

To know him more, put Nocioni in a spurs jersey under Pop's coaching.

AFBlue
01-14-2008, 06:59 AM

Seriously.

Nocioni screws up the 2010 Master Plan....

Chris Bosh BABY!

urunobili
01-14-2008, 07:37 AM
Chris Bosh for the last part of Timee's career would be a blast

Bruno
01-14-2008, 08:09 AM
To know him more, put Nocioni in a spurs jersey under Pop's coaching.

For the moment, he is a Bull and I find that he is paid a couple of millions too much per year given his production with them. I rather judge him on what he does than on what he could maybe do with another team.

I think that if Spurs wants Nocioni, they can get him. The only way I see Pop and Spurs being really interested in him and his contract is if they think they can turn him into a better player (especially on the defensive end).

T Park
01-14-2008, 09:00 AM
I don't understand why everyone wants Mike Miller.

SOB chokes like a dog everytime in the playoffs.

AFBlue
01-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Chris Bosh for the last part of Timee's career would be a blast

If the Spurs play their cards right, going after Bosh should be a reality.

Personally, I think he'd go the Jermaine O'Neal route, be loyal, and stick with the Raps...especially if he feels they're on the cusp.

But I sure like the idea.

I guess I'll settle for a consolation prize of Dwyane Wade. :D

SenorSpur
01-14-2008, 11:18 AM

Personally, I don't want another unathletic, slow, expensive, perimeter player on this team - no matter how well he can shoot. I'd rather take an athletic, wing player who can defend, rebound and is a good shooter.

All one has to do is look at the defensive statistics for this team (i.e. FG% allowed) and you can see the defensive dropoff on this team since last season. Bowen aint gonna be around here forever. Obviously, we're going to roll with the current roster for this season. However, this team desparately needs better skills and defense on the perimeter going into next season.

ambchang
01-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Bosh is way overrated, no defense, largely a player who relies on his quickness in the post rather than good footwork. With the right defense, he is not that hard to stop. In summary, he doesn't have the low post game on the offensive end to carry a team like a big man should, and he doesn't have man-to-man defense or positioning to defend the paint.

Of course, he is a bona fide all-star, but he is sort of like a broke man's Garnett destined for a life of playoff failures (btw, Boston will not go past Detroit this year).

BonnerDynasty
01-14-2008, 12:14 PM

Seriously.

QFT

I won't lie. I'd give up Bonner for him.

MrChug
01-14-2008, 12:19 PM

I LOVE THIS TAKE. Big ups to you mountainballer.

MoSpur
01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
I love the way Josh Smith plays.

Texas_Ranger
01-14-2008, 01:47 PM
I'd like to see Josh Smith in the Spurs jersey.

AFBlue
01-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Bosh is way overrated, no defense, largely a player who relies on his quickness in the post rather than good footwork. With the right defense, he is not that hard to stop. In summary, he doesn't have the low post game on the offensive end to carry a team like a big man should, and he doesn't have man-to-man defense or positioning to defend the paint.

Of course, he is a bona fide all-star, but he is sort of like a broke man's Garnett destined for a life of playoff failures (btw, Boston will not go past Detroit this year).

Bosh on THIS team would not be overrated....

He may not be a low-post threat because of his slim build, but he can hit an 18-20ft shot with ease. This is important because Tim Duncan often needs spacing to operate on the low block.

Secondly, Bosh doesn't need to be on the low-block to be an efficient scorer. He is one of the best in the game at starting in the high-post, taking his man off the dribble, drawing contact, and getting to the line. This leads me to believe he could be extremely effective in a post-Duncan era.

Defensively, Bosh has the length and quickness to bother opposing players. The only thing he lacks is strength against bigger post players, which would be less of a problem if Duncan were the other big in the frontcourt. Also, because he has the tools to be a good defender, I think the Spurs' system could help him capitalize on it.

Taking all of that into the context of playing alongside Tim Duncan for a couple years, I'd say he'd be a great compliment.

Bottom Line: If a "broke man's" Kevin Garnett averages over 21 points and 9 boards for the last three seasons combined....I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Personally, I think you're UNDERrating him.

ambchang
01-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Bosh on THIS team would not be overrated....

He may not be a low-post threat because of his slim build, but he can hit an 18-20ft shot with ease. This is important because Tim Duncan often needs spacing to operate on the low block.

Secondly, Bosh doesn't need to be on the low-block to be an efficient scorer. He is one of the best in the game at starting in the high-post, taking his man off the dribble, drawing contact, and getting to the line. This leads me to believe he could be extremely effective in a post-Duncan era.

Defensively, Bosh has the length and quickness to bother opposing players. The only thing he lacks is strength against bigger post players, which would be less of a problem if Duncan were the other big in the frontcourt. Also, because he has the tools to be a good defender, I think the Spurs' system could help him capitalize on it.

Taking all of that into the context of playing alongside Tim Duncan for a couple years, I'd say he'd be a great compliment.

Bottom Line: If a "broke man's" Kevin Garnett averages over 21 points and 9 boards for the last three seasons combined....I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Personally, I think you're UNDERrating him.

If the Spurs could get Bosh on the same team with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, all in their primes, then just on talent alone, this team would dominate, but the response was with regards to the 2010 plan, and I would expect Duncan and Ginobili to be way off their primes by then.

Also, Bosh is not a good passer at all, and I am not sure if he could fit into the Spurs offensive system.

His defense has nothing to do with physical attributes, but more to do with the mental aspect, Amare Stoudemire has all the attributes, but I doubt he could ever be a strong defensive player. Bosh is not that extreme, but does have tendencies of being out of position, out muscled and out worked.

I think he would be a fantastic sidekick, if he was teammed up with, say LeBron James and Dwayne Wade, he would be a fantastic player. I was responding more thinking that Bosh would replace one or more of the big 3.

tav1
01-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Of the few names on this list that are within the realm of possibility (read: not Josh Smith), I'm not sure there is much to get excited about. I think the article that was posted contains sexy but implausible names. Here is my list of plausible but unsexy names.

Of the Knicks Balkman and Chandler are worth looking at simply because they are inexpensive and could potentially fill a need at the wing in future seasons. But I don't see many deals that would get that done. Elson and a #1 for those two is probably as high as the Spurs would go, and maybe that's too high, but I don't see the Knicks biting. That also leaves us thin and dependent on Bonner in the frontcourt. Brent Barry is a player the Knicks could use because of their shit poor spacing, but I don't think the Spurs want to lose him, especially since he is there de facto third point.

The Pistons have three players that we could probably get for Elson and/or a future draft pick: Walter Hermann, Flip Murray and Primoz Brezac. If the Spurs waited until Feb. 14, they could potentially get Murray and Hermann for Elson and a #2. That sounds plausible and might be worthwhile.

Toronto is no longer playing Juan Dixon. They could use a back-up center who is more fleet of foot, and so Dixon for Elson could happen. Again, that *may* help each team and works under the cap.

The Bobcats have injury problems all over the place and could really use a playoff berth: a combination of Dudley, Davidson and Harrington might get them Brent Barry. Dudley has potential, and Davidson and Harrington would shore up the front court for the playoffs.

Memphis: Elson/Barry for Hakim Warrick and Swift would saves Memphis a little money. I'd consider that trade.

Milwaukee: This is my personal fave: Elson and a #1 for Charlie Villanueva. This is doable because Milwaukee only benefits from playing and developing Yi. I'd do this in a heartbeat if I were the Spurs.

Minnesota: With Telfair, Foye and Brewer, Minnesota might want to shed McCants contract. Elson for McCants and Gomes works and is probably worth doing. The Spurs might have to give up a 2nd round draft pick as well.

New Jersey: Nachbar and Marcus Williams might be available, but I don't see a scenario wherein we could get either.

Orlando: Barry and a second round pick might land Arroyo and Foyle. It's lopsided, but Arroyo is not seeing much playing time and Barry would help the Magic more in playoffs. I'd do it.

Portland: If the Blazers want to save money, then Channing Frye for Elson might be worth it. I think Frye wouldn't do much worse than Elson and could potentially be a nice upgrade.

AFBlue
01-14-2008, 03:43 PM
If the Spurs could get Bosh on the same team with Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, all in their primes, then just on talent alone, this team would dominate, but the response was with regards to the 2010 plan, and I would expect Duncan and Ginobili to be way off their primes by then.

Also, Bosh is not a good passer at all, and I am not sure if he could fit into the Spurs offensive system.

His defense has nothing to do with physical attributes, but more to do with the mental aspect, Amare Stoudemire has all the attributes, but I doubt he could ever be a strong defensive player. Bosh is not that extreme, but does have tendencies of being out of position, out muscled and out worked.

I think he would be a fantastic sidekick, if he was teammed up with, say LeBron James and Dwayne Wade, he would be a fantastic player. I was responding more thinking that Bosh would replace one or more of the big 3.

Your points have merit, but I still could make a case for Bosh being a great addition to this ball club.

What's great is that the Spurs have a shot at all three of the players you mention above (James, Wade, Stoudemire) as well as Bosh. But it actually doesn't end there....

By my count, here are some of the others that should be available in 2010 and their respective ages at that time:

Joe Johnson (29)
Carlos Boozer (29)
Michael Redd (29) (Player Option)
Darko Milicic (25)
Eddy Curry (28) (Player Option)
Tyson Chandler (28) (Player Option)
Mike Miller (30)
Al Harrington (30)

...and the over 30 crowd (Rip Hamilton, Stephen Jackson, Tracy McGrady and Jermaine O'Neal)

Bottom Line: If the Spurs play their cards right, they should have ample choices to pick from when deciding on the future of the franchise.

I just went with Bosh because he's a front-line player in his mid-20s, and those are the types that help you win championships.

spurscenter
01-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Of the few names on this list that are within the realm of possibility (read: not Josh Smith), I'm not sure there is much to get excited about. I think the article that was posted contains sexy but implausible names. Here is my list of plausible but unsexy names.

Of the Knicks Balkman and Chandler are worth looking at simply because they are inexpensive and could potentially fill a need at the wing in future seasons. But I don't see many deals that would get that done. Elson and a #1 for those two is probably as high as the Spurs would go, and maybe that's too high, but I don't see the Knicks biting. That also leaves us thin and dependent on Bonner in the frontcourt. Brent Barry is a player the Knicks could use because of their shit poor spacing, but I don't think the Spurs want to lose him, especially since he is there de facto third point.

The Pistons have three players that we could probably get for Elson and/or a future draft pick: Walter Hermann, Flip Murray and Primoz Brezac. If the Spurs waited until Feb. 14, they could potentially get Murray and Hermann for Elson and a #2. That sounds plausible and might be worthwhile.

Toronto is no longer playing Juan Dixon. They could use a back-up center who is more fleet of foot, and so Dixon for Elson could happen. Again, that *may* help each team and works under the cap.

The Bobcats have injury problems all over the place and could really use a playoff berth: a combination of Dudley, Davidson and Harrington might get them Brent Barry. Dudley has potential, and Davidson and Harrington would shore up the front court for the playoffs.

Memphis: Elson/Barry for Hakim Warrick and Swift would saves Memphis a little money. I'd consider that trade.

Milwaukee: This is my personal fave: Elson and a #1 for Charlie Villanueva. This is doable because Milwaukee only benefits from playing and developing Yi. I'd do this in a heartbeat if I were the Spurs.

Minnesota: With Telfair, Foye and Brewer, Minnesota might want to shed McCants contract. Elson for McCants and Gomes works and is probably worth doing. The Spurs might have to give up a 2nd round draft pick as well.

New Jersey: Nachbar and Marcus Williams might be available, but I don't see a scenario wherein we could get either.

Orlando: Barry and a second round pick might land Arroyo and Foyle. It's lopsided, but Arroyo is not seeing much playing time and Barry would help the Magic more in playoffs. I'd do it.

Portland: If the Blazers want to save money, then Channing Frye for Elson might be worth it. I think Frye wouldn't do much worse than Elson and could potentially be a nice upgrade.

tav, good scenerios.

good read. thanks.

tav1
01-14-2008, 08:57 PM
tav, good scenerios.

good read. thanks.

thanks.

A few weeks ago I was convinced the Spurs wouldn't make a deal before deadline. Now I think it is about 50/50. They may need a modest shake up because they are playing so poorly. And the examples I offered above--and doubtless others that I'm too dense to see--are probably in line with what they would do were they to make a trade. In other words, I find these scenarios a far more interesting excercise to think through vs. Nocioni or, say, Artest talk because of that element of liklihood.

I didn't mention this one earlier, but the Bulls could potentially look to shed cap in anticipation of next season by pairing either Sefolosha and/or Griffin with Duhon. They stand a good chance to lose Duhon at the end of the season, and both Sefolosha and Griffin don't see the floor anyway. They might use the 2 million owed each player next season as part of the payment toward a frontcourt scorer this offseason. In other words, a Barry for Duhon and Sefolosha in a cap dump could help both teams.

This is not as likely as some other scenarios I've outlined, but it's out there if Chicago can't land a big fish by deadline or their playoff hopes are gone by Feb. 15.

MONTENEGRINO
01-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Whoever (except TD, Manu and Tony) for Josh Smith...

MONTENEGRINO
01-14-2008, 11:05 PM
And Spurs MUST take some young blood if they want not to rebuild like bulls after '98... Josh Smith.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2008, 11:22 PM

Your idea of "plausible" and mine differ by quite a bit. Are you assuming that other clubs might want Elson's 3mil expiring contract in these scenarios? Because otherwise most of those trades are talent from them for a nobody from us. The only one that make sense is the Milwaukee trade, the rest would be daylight robbery on the Spur's behalf, except the Memphis trade which I wouldn't touch with a barge pole because Warwick and Swift have no basketball IQ whatsoever.

tav1
01-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Your idea of "plausible" and mine differ by quite a bit. Are you assuming that other clubs might want Elson's 3mil expiring contract in these scenarios? Because otherwise most of those trades are talent from them for a nobody from us. The only one that make sense is the Milwaukee trade, the rest would be daylight robbery on the Spur's behalf, except the Memphis trade which I wouldn't touch with a barge pole because Warwick and Swift have no basketball IQ whatsoever.

It's a combination of multiple things, but the expiring deal is a big part of it. The Pistons would like to add another playoff servicable big, I'd bet. And the pieces in that scenario--just to pick one from the group--are spare parts from a another recent salary dump--Nazr Mohammed. Of course such a trade would also free up a roster spot. In essence, they would adding Webber and Elson for spare parts. For Joe Dumars, it's a winner of a deal.

Something similar would be happening in the other deals. Is Juan Dixon more talented than Cisco Elson? Probably. But he also exists on the margins of the Raptors future and Elson would be more helpful to them in the upcoming playoffs. I think Colangelo would do that deal. Neither player will be there next year and it's basically risk free.

The only situation that is unique is Milwaukee. That franchises relationship to the Chinese government might force their hand to let go of Villanueva for less than he is worth.

MoSpur
01-16-2008, 11:53 AM
For a rental, I would not mind Kurt Thomas from Seattle and his teammate Earl Watson as a backup PG.

AFBlue
01-16-2008, 12:26 PM
For a rental, I would not mind Kurt Thomas from Seattle and his teammate Earl Watson as a backup PG.

Too bad they make a collective $14M this year...

Brent Barry for Earl Watson would work financially, but Watson earns $6M for the next two seasons after this one, while Barry's salary comes off the books this year.

I'm not sure the Spurs would be willing to sacrifice the financial flexibility.

genomefreak13
01-17-2008, 03:33 AM
Nocioni would be a great addition to the spurs. However, I don't see anyone that the spurs can give for him. Spurs has a one man rotation in their roster. Every starter has one substitute off the bench.

Duncan- Elson ,
Oberto -Bonner,
Bowen- Barry
Finley-Ginobili,
Parker-Vaugh or Barry
Robert horry is just for the playoffs so he cannot be traded.
Richardson is a free agent that is unlikely to be traded.

Given the present status of the spurs roster, there is hardly anyone which the spurs can give the bulls for nocioni.

I'm not willing to give barry for him since he is playing double position for the spurs. As a foward and as a point guard. Nocioni can't play the point guard position well enough to bring the spurs to competition. For the meantime, spurs must find another way (other than through a trade)to get nocioni.

In conclusion, I don't believe that the spurs will be moving anyone before the trade deadline. The bench players of the spurs was intentionally home grown by management since last year. Besides , none of them can be a potential lure for any team. The starters on the other hand is doing well (despite the injuries) and will surely stay.

The spurs will definitely stick to their long standing policy of building the team through the draft and free agency. That's how they got manu, parker, duncan, barry ,finley and almost all significant pieces of their championship team. A change in the middle of the season will not serve the best interest of the spurs since their primary problem isn't personnel capabilities but injuries. Go spurs Go

MoSpur
01-17-2008, 12:19 PM
I didn't realize Watson had two years left and made that much. Gary Payton anyone? LOL

tav1
01-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Don't forget, Noce is also BYC.

Sefolosha is starting for the Bulls. I wonder if that is a reflection of the new coach or if the Bulls are spotlighting him for a trade.

If the Bulls make a deal, it'll be significant in terms of core players. If the Spurs make a deal, it'll be at the edges. Something at the edges, however, is not insignificant. The Rose-Mohammed trade, for example, was huge. We could make a trade at the edges, and still get an impact player that would help repeat.

AFBlue
01-17-2008, 12:50 PM
PHAT TONY's Most Likely Trade Scenario.....

SA trades Brent Barry

to

NO for Rasual Butler + Bernard Robinson

Again, the caveat is that I think there's a far greater chance of something NOT happening than something happening.

But, if the Spurs were to make a trade I think it would be to inject youth into the wing and the word is that the Hornets are looking for a shooter.

MoSpur
01-17-2008, 12:50 PM
What about Jose Calderon from Toronto? We need a backup PG. I love Vaughn's energy, but I would like Calderon.

AFBlue
01-17-2008, 12:56 PM
What about Jose Calderon from Toronto? We need a backup PG. I love Vaughn's energy, but I would like Calderon.

Calderon is making a case for all-star at the moment. He's playing out of his mind. I don't think the Spurs have enough to get him.

Oddly enough, the guy you mentioned in an earlier post is much more attainable and likely to be traded....Earl Watson.

Rumor is that Seattle is looking to move at least one of it's three PGs...Watson, Ridnour, or West...with a preference on moving one of the first two.

Again, I'm not sure the Spurs want to pay their backup PG $5M+ per year, but Watson is reportedly on the market.

MoSpur
01-17-2008, 01:51 PM
I doubt the Spurs pay Watson that much. I didn't know his salary until you mentioned it earlier. Calderon is very good and doubt Toronto will let him go. Colangelo is pretty smart.

tav1
01-17-2008, 07:40 PM
Butler would be nice but his contract extends three years. Not sure he's worth the long term commitment given what will be available in free agency over that same period.