PDA

View Full Version : Now that we're in the new year...

Yonivore
01-14-2008, 12:20 PM
...and the election campaign is in full swing, let's all step out on our respective limbs.

Predict the major party nominees for president of the United States, predict the Democratic and Republican tickets for the election and, finally, predict the next President of the United States:

Democratic Nominee: Hillary Clinton
Republican Nominee: Fred Thompson

Democratic Ticket: Clinton/Obama
Republican Ticket: Thompson/Guiliani

President: Fred Thompson

(You don't even have to explain yourself)

If there is enough participation and Kori is nice, maybe she'd consider pinning it at the top of the forum.

Spurminator
01-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Democratic Nominee: Barack Obama
Republican Nominee: John McCain

Democratic Ticket: Obama/Clinton
Republican Ticket: McCain/Huckabee

President: Barack Obama

101A
01-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Running Mate: John Edwards

Running Mate: Joe Lieberman

Next President: Hillary Clinton

fyatuk
01-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Democrat: Obama (VP Edwards)
Republican: McCain (VP Guiliani)

Winner: McCain

BradLohaus
01-14-2008, 02:07 PM
R - McCain/Giuliani
D - Clinton/Obama

Pres. - Clinton

God help us all. :bang

DarkReign
01-14-2008, 02:54 PM
R - McCain/Giuliani
D - Clinton/Obama

Pres. - Clinton

Bingo.

JoeChalupa
01-14-2008, 05:36 PM

Democratic Ticket: Clinton/Richardson
Republican Ticket: McCain/Thompson

President: John MCain

This is because of the anti-Hillary vote.

braeden0613
01-14-2008, 05:38 PM
R - McCain/Giuliani
D - Clinton/Obama

Pres. - Clinton

Yep...i feel the same.

JoeChalupa
01-14-2008, 05:38 PM
I feel great.

2centsworth
01-14-2008, 05:54 PM

President: John MCain

This is because of the anti-Hillary vote.

yup

01Snake
01-14-2008, 06:38 PM
How about "None of the Above"? I'm not impressed by any of the candidates.

Duff McCartney
01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Democratic : Obama/Clinton
Republican: Huckabee/McCain

A close election with Obama coming out on top. Although I wouldn't be totally against Huckabee winning.

Yonivore
01-14-2008, 08:51 PM
Well, we weren't asking who you wanted but who you predicted would win. I don't think "None of the above" has much of a chance.

SA210
01-14-2008, 09:30 PM
Democratic Ticket: John Edwards/Bill Richardson
Republican Ticket: Rudy Giuliani/John McCain
President John Edwards

Tippecanoe
01-14-2008, 09:32 PM
democratic ticket: clinton/edwards
republican ticket: huckabee/thompson
president: clinton

Cant_Be_Faded
01-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Originally I thought:

Clinton/Obama
Guiliani/McCain
Clinton wins.

But with the media creating America's reality yet again with this whole "is this about race" bull shit it seems the possibilities of Obama being Clinton's running mate may be diminishing by the day. If this keeps up I have no idea who will be Clinton's running mate.

Wild Cobra
01-15-2008, 01:02 AM
Sorry, I'm not ready to play for real. I would likely change my mind.

Obama/Richardson
Chuckabee/Thompson

Chuckabee.

I am far from firm on that...

Who would I like to see win?

Romney/Thompson.

SouthernFried
01-15-2008, 01:06 AM
Clinton will be the Democratic nominee

I have no idea who will be the GOP nominee. Not a clue. Would personally like to see Thompson.

However, it doesn't really matter who the GOP nominee will be, they will win. People know Hillary too well. Party voters will vote for her, but independents (outside of women over 55)wont. And she will get out the GOP vote better than any of the actual GOP candidates can. Voting against a candidate will reach shattering proportions.

so...

Hillary vs GOP

GOP wins (hopefully it's Thompson)

timvp
01-15-2008, 04:58 AM

Democratic Ticket: Clinton/Gore

President: John McCain

However, I do agree with the scenario SouthernFried lays out. McCain isn't even that good of a candidate but he seems to be the most electable at this point. However, that could change if any of the other candidates catch fire. Romney is perhaps the most competent and Giuliani has the biggest name ... but one is Mormon and the other has too many skeletons, which makes them both unelectable.

Hillary will overcome Obama's push. There's a slight chance that Obama would agree to be Hillary's VP. However, I see no way in hell Hillary would agree to be Obama's VP. I like Gore coming out of nowhere to become Hillary's running mate since Gore will help with the "bring back the Clinton years" message that will dominate their plan.

But the US isn't ready for a female president ... especially such an unexciting candidate as Hillary. People will be coming out of the woodwork just to vote against her. McCain or whichever token Republican candidate will end up winning by default.

SouthernFried
01-15-2008, 05:26 AM
CLINTON/GORE?

Man, just think of all the rainforests saved on being able to recycle bumper stickers!

Recycling slogans just boggle the imagination.

AFBlue
01-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Dem. Nominee: Obama
Rep. Nominee: McCain

Dem. Ticket: Obama/Edwards
Rep. Ticket: McCain/Thompson

Winner: I think this could be a very tight race with both Presidential nominees vying for their party moderates and independents, and the VP nominees vying for their party base.

Though I would vote for McCain/Thompson, I have immense respect for all candidates involved and would be happy with either outcome. But, enough riding the fence....

I'd say Obama/Edwards take the White House in Jan '09.

xrayzebra
01-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Sorry, I'm not ready to play for real. I would likely change my mind.

Obama/Richardson
Chuckabee/Thompson

Chuckabee.

I am far from firm on that...

Who would I like to see win?

Romney/Thompson.

I'm like WC, cant settle in my mind who will do what.
I "think" Edwards is running for VP no matter if
Clinton or Obama finally wins. I think Edwards "thinks"
Obama is going to be the ultimate winner on the
Demo side.

On the Pugs. Somehow I think sometime Thompson
will hit his stride. And I think an outsider, not one of
the contenders, will be picked as the VP on the ticket.

But we should all know better after today.

spurster
01-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Democratic Nominee: Obama
Republican Nominee: Romney

Democratic Ticket: Obama/Nelson (senator from Florida)
Republican Ticket: Romney/Guiliani

President: Obama

Duff McCartney
01-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Romney is perhaps the most competent and Giuliani has the biggest name ... but one is Mormon and the other has too many skeletons, which makes them both unelectable.

Are you saying you wouldn't vote for him because he's Mormon or the general public? I don't think anybody should care..I know they do and it's stupid. But if we he wasn't Republican and a Democratic Mormon..I'd possibly vote for him.

samikeyp
01-15-2008, 01:11 PM

I concur.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
i think there's no way obama will pick hitlary, and vice versa, to be their VP. i just don't see that happening. if obama wins today i say he's the nominee.

D: obama/?
R: Thompson/ with either Hunter/Santorum/McCain in that order

Pres: Thompson/?

shelshor
01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
I concur, but sadly we're stuck with this bunch

Democratics: Clinton/Richardson

Republicans: Guiliani/Huckabee

President: Guiliani

Ocotillo
01-15-2008, 06:12 PM
D: Obama/Dodd
R: McCain/Ridge

Next president: Obama

Nbadan
01-16-2008, 02:00 AM
The Democratic race depends largely on what John Edwards does, does he stay in till the end like he says he will, or does he drop out and team up with Obama or Clinton? I see zero chance of Gore running with Clinton...Gore wouldn't lower himself....as I've hinted before, I think Hillary's front-running mate (for now) is Former Iowa Governor, Tom Vilsack...unless worse comes to worse and she is forced to dance with team Edwards, but for now, she clearly has a step on Obama....

On the Republican side, I can't see McCain winning this race...fact is, I can't see Romney winning either...you'd be a fool to count the 9iu11iani campaign dead, it ain't dead yet despite his poor showing so far in Iowa, Michigan, and well, everywhere that ain't Florida....a scary (on so many levels) combination would be McCain/9iu11iani or vise versa...stay tuned......

Wild Cobra
01-16-2008, 02:11 AM
The Democratic race depends largely on what John Edwards does......
For some time, I was wondering is any of the three leading democrats opt out, who will get most of the supporters?

I have a hard time on an educated guess there. My gut tell me that Edwards will drop first of the three, and Obama will get most his supporters.

Other thoughts?

In the case of the republicans, Romney is the only choice from one voting conservative. The wins in other states were because the primary vote wasn't limited to republicans. Now that Romney wins the latest race.. and with a reasonable margin, I change my assessment to Romney being the republican nominee.

timvp
01-16-2008, 05:02 AM
Are you saying you wouldn't vote for him because he's Mormon or the general public? I don't think anybody should care..I know they do and it's stupid. But if we he wasn't Republican and a Democratic Mormon..I'd possibly vote for him.General public. I don't care about the religion of a candidate. However, in this day and time, I don't see a Mormon being elected President.

Ocotillo
01-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Liberals would have no problem voting for a Mormon if they agreed with their views. Romney was elected govenor in one of the most liberal states in the country after all. Romney's challenge is since he is a Republican and the Evangelicals are so prominent within the Republican base, he has a hard time getting their support. Half of them may support him but there is a significant enough percentage that it makes his challenge bigger than it would be if he were a non-religious candidate. By non-religious I mean he claims something like Lutheran but he does not attend church regularly.

A lot of the Evangelicals look at LDS as a cult.

Oh, Gee!!
01-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Surprising the amount of ST posters that are holding out hope for Drop Dead Fred Thompson.

AFBlue
01-17-2008, 02:02 PM
Surprising the amount of ST posters that are holding out hope for Drop Dead Fred Thompson.

He ran 3rd in Iowa despite running a lacksadasical campaign and committing almost no money on the ground. Sure he had poor showings in Michigan and NH, but those are not states he expected to do well in.

I honestly don't think he has a realistic shot and would prefer if McCain knocked him out of the competition in SC, but just imagine how he might have fared if he actually WANTED to compete in this electoral process....

He's probably the closest thing to a traditional Republican candidate in this race and I think that's something people are looking for.

Instead, they have to swallow the flimsy rhetoric that's spewing out of Romney's mouth about being a true conservative....what a load of crap.

Extra Stout
01-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I disagree with the posters who think Edwards' supporters would flock to Obama once the Breck Girl drops out. I think they will go to Clinton. Edwards' core of support is with the unions and other lower-middle-class workers, and Clinton is doing better with those voters than Obama is.

Nbadan
01-17-2008, 05:43 PM
I can't help but think that if Obama were the candidate to drop out, that Edwards be the one who benefits more than Clinton......so there has to be some sur-jection there....

Yonivore
01-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Can't you people just make a prediction and leave it alone? Can we lock the thread now?

Oh, Gee!!
01-18-2008, 02:40 PM
in before the lock

Mr. Peabody
01-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Hell, I wanted to wait until after the Nevada caucus to make my prediction, but I guess now is as good a time as any -

D - Obama/Biden
R - McCain/Lieberman (GOP goes apeshit)

W - Obama/Biden

Xylus
01-18-2008, 11:45 PM

Democratic Ticket: Obama/Edwards

MannyIsGod
01-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Can't you people just make a prediction and leave it alone? Can we lock the thread now?What are you mad because for once there's no copy and paste partisan arguing going on but rather a completely civil discussion on how people are viewing the election process?

You would get upset over what I thought was one of the better threads in here content wise.

MannyIsGod
01-20-2008, 07:30 AM
Dem Ticket - Clinton/Richardson

I can't see Obama coming together with Clinton. The campaign got ugly, got ok and just got ugly again. I don't think there's any stepping back from this now. I think what you're going to see over the next couple of weeks is a really really ugly mess of things on the Dems side. And well, baby boomers just aren't ready to trust a black man yet.

Republican ticket
McCain/Hannity.

Seriously.

Ok just kiding

McCain and I have no idea who else but someone a hell of a lot more conservative than anyone running on the republican side right now. Someone to really appeal to middle America.

And McCain wins in a landslide because even though Hilary is better than a black man, she's still just a woman and no way she's beating a good ole white man.

Holt's Cat
01-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Republican Nominee: Mitt Romney

Republican Ticket: Romney/Pawlenty or Sanford

President: Mitt Romney

Clinton's candidacy would actually make Republicans care about this election. That it would take the great bitch to motivate the GOP base says a lot about the current GOP field as well as the 8 years of W's reign. Even with much that has been made about Romney's faith, social conservatives can rationalize away the notion that Jesus post-resurrection smoked the peace pipe with some Native Americans or whatever when the Great Sataness is on the ballot.

Romney has been running a rather competent campaign and he doesn't have to worry about funds running low, unlike the rest of the GOP field. Looking at the GOP candidates, Romney is the one who is ultimately the least objectionable to the 3 major factions of the base (economic conservatives, hawks, and social conservatives). Huckabee would be an umitigated disaster for the GOP. McCain is still too disliked among the base. Giuliani has too much baggage and social conservatives would have a hard time embracing him.

For the general election, Clinton picks Bill Richardson as her running mate with a view towards mobilizing hispanic voters. Romney goes with Gov. Pawlenty of Minnesota or perhaps a southern governor like Sanford of South Carolina in keeping with his 'Washington outsider' campaign meme.

Between Hillary on the ballot causing the GOP to show up and Romney's political abilities, the ones that enabled him to win the Massachusetts governorship, Romney wins.

In the end, none of this shit matters. The country is still fucked.

Holt's Cat
01-22-2008, 02:04 AM
I will say that it's a shame that the Clinton machine will ultimately squeeze the life out of Obama's candidacy. Out of the major contenders in either party he's the only one who doesn't automatically offend when he opens his mouth. He's also the one who seems to realize that we are in the 21st century.

Considering that no matter who is elected approximately 95% of federal policy is set in stone and that we just saw an allegedly "conservative" Republican administration push through the greatest expansion of the federal government in quite some time, having to listen to a President Obama for the next 4 years would at least be aesthetically pleasing, much better than the flat Midwestern pandering tone of his arch nemesis.

Yonivore
01-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Well, I was wrong.

Fred Thompson drops out... (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8UB4A7G0&show_article=1)

AFBlue
01-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Well, I was wrong.

Fred Thompson drops out... (http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8UB4A7G0&show_article=1)

It's okay, just pick another one.

And you don't even have to explain yourself.... :lol

Yonivore
01-22-2008, 03:21 PM

Thanks.

DarkReign
01-22-2008, 03:24 PM

:tu

AFBlue
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks.

Yeah, didn't mean that to come across as sarcastic.

Just meant that it was your thread and you stipulated originally that no explanation was necessary.

So if you go for John Edwards, we understand....(that was sarcasm)

Yonivore
01-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah, didn't mean that to come across as sarcastic.

Just meant that it was your thread and you stipulated originally that no explanation was necessary.

So if you go for John Edwards, we understand....(that was sarcasm)
I'm pulling for Alfred E. Neumann now...

DarkReign
01-22-2008, 08:27 PM

:lmao

"What me worry?"

Wild Cobra
01-23-2008, 03:04 AM
He's my second choice, behind Mitt Romney.

bostonguy
01-27-2008, 05:51 PM
If only Ralph Nader was running.

AFBlue
01-27-2008, 05:56 PM
If only Ralph Nader was running.

Word is that he will...especially if it's a Billary dem ticket.

ClingingMars
01-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Dem: Hillary/Edwards
Rep: Huckabee/Thompson

Pres: Mike Huckabee

- Mars

Jelly
01-27-2008, 07:53 PM
This is what I hope we'll get to choose from (and what I think would be the best ticket for both parties)

Obama/Richardson
Richardson has a great deal of experience and should help Obama bridge the hispanic gap; no way in hell will Obama and Clinton ever appear on the same ticket together and I heard that his campaign is already considering Edwards for attorney general.

McCain/Lieberman
I know Lieberman's a leap, but I think even conservatives are fed-up with conservatives and will want a more centrist Republican ticket.

Can't believe some of you ever thought Thompson was actually a viable candidate.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Dem: Hillary/Edwards
Rep: Huckabee/Thompson

Pres: Mike Huckabee

-MarsThompson wasn't even interested in being President.

bostonguy
01-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Word is that he will...especially if it's a Billary dem ticket.

Haha sweet!

Jelly
01-28-2008, 11:30 AM
pretty ballsy to be making predictions while bashing other people's two weeks after the first round of predictions

If you're talking about me, I would have said the same thing two weeks ago (even a month ago) had I been logging on this board then. It's no surprise he's out of the race. He was never a serious contender. He didn't even take his own candidacy seriously. I'm just surprised that anyone at any time really thought he had a shot.

Yonivore
01-29-2008, 04:17 PM
hindsight's 20/20
Not anymore.

Wild Cobra
01-31-2008, 01:06 AM
Well, so far I'm right...

Edwards is the first of the major three demonrats to drop out. Now... will his supporters favor Obama over Hillary like I predicted too?

I only wish Huckabee would call it quites so Romney can get his supporters.

101A
02-01-2008, 01:49 PM
I only wish Huckabee would call it quites so Romney can get his supporters.
The Huckabee supporters, most of them, aren't going to Romney. Huckabee ain't gonna be endorsing no Mormon. I'm telling you; evangelical christians WILL NOT support a Mormon. They've all had too many discussions with nice boys on bicycles to ever think much of their intellect. When Huckabee gets out, McCain surges, Romney falls completely.

Wild Cobra
02-01-2008, 11:44 PM
The Huckabee supporters, most of them, aren't going to Romney. Huckabee ain't gonna be endorsing no Mormon. I'm telling you; evangelical christians WILL NOT support a Mormon. They've all had too many discussions with nice boys on bicycles to ever think much of their intellect. When Huckabee gets out, McCain surges, Romney falls completely.
I think you are wrong here. Most of Huckabee's supporters will do as they please, not as they are told.

I'm sure some 'evangelicals' are as bigoted as you say. However, most Christians will vote for Romney's values over McCain's. I'm rather confident of that.

Huckabee also is not only getting the Christian vote. He is one of two remaining conservatives, and he is not as conservative as Romney.

Look at it from that viewpoint, especially since few people vote by faith. Moderate republicans will vote for McCain already. Conservatives will not vote for McCain when there is a conservative option.

Holt's Cat
02-02-2008, 01:22 AM

Evangelicals don't fall in line that tightly. The public morality of the LDS flock has been quite appealing to many on the Republican right for decades.

At the end of the day, this is an election for the President of the United States, not the priest, minister, deacon or what not. McCain is seen by many in the GOP as a fraud, a heretic, or both. Many simply do not trust the man. Is there any doubt Romney would be sending up Supreme Court nominees to the right of Scalia if he was in the Oval Office? Can the same be said for McCain? There is a true opening for an unifying conservative candidate in the GOP primary, but Huckabee is indeed diluting the social conservative vote enough that McCain will likely have a cakewalk to the nomination after Super Tuesday. And that is with him yet to win a majority of self-described Republicans in a primary thusfar.

McCain, after all, almost switched parties a few years back. Now he wants to be the heir to the Reagan Revolution. Of course, he does have the best bio of any major Presidential candidate left. More than that, the public at large seems to like McCain. When in doubt, a good rule of thumb is that the more likable candidate tends to win presidential elections. Reagan over Carter, Reagan over Mondale, Bush41 over Dukakis, Clinton over Bush41, Clinton over Dull, Bush43 over Gore, and Bush43 over Kerry. If it's McCain v. Clinton's hag, then it's McCain. Obama v. McCain I think goes to Obama.

Superficial? Sure. But when you look at American politics that is the key difference these days.

manufor3
02-12-2008, 07:36 PM

JoeChalupa
02-13-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't see Hillary taking the VP slot, or Obama offering it to her at all.

Dick Morris is calling it now. Obama wins the democratic nomination.

Nbadan
02-26-2008, 02:52 AM
Obama in 7 minutes...

PWTs7M0geg0

Nbadan
02-26-2008, 03:17 AM
What started in Texas, ends in Texas

pXvq1wu-LiI

Nbadan
02-26-2008, 04:15 AM
America's Hope...

t2E3_DdLbYA

Nbadan
02-26-2008, 04:26 AM
Si Se Puede Cambiar..

-ky8Hvq-F0U

RandomGuy
03-19-2008, 02:11 PM
...and the election campaign is in full swing, let's all step out on our respective limbs.

Predict the major party nominees for president of the United States, predict the Democratic and Republican tickets for the election and, finally, predict the next President of the United States:

Republican Nominee: Fred Thompson

Democratic Ticket: Clinton/Obama
Republican Ticket: Thompson/Guiliani

President: Fred Thompson

(You don't even have to explain yourself)

If there is enough participation and Kori is nice, maybe she'd consider pinning it at the top of the forum.

Probably a bit late in the game, but I would have picked:
Dem nominee: Obama
GOP nominee: McCain

Democratic ticket: Obama/???
Republican ticket: McCain/???

I had a gut feeling about Obama as far back as December, and McCain seemed very logical.

President: Obama.

I just don't see the GOP pulling this one out of the hat.

The Dems will simply pin McCain to Bush, and run against Bush, a total slam dunk for anything with a pulse.

It should be fairly close, but Obama will easily be the next president after getting the Democratic nomination.

RandomGuy
03-20-2008, 08:23 AM
very late

Yuppers. Don't mean much except for the presidential pick.

Interesting bit is that intrade.com still favors Obama to win by a slight margin.

The last bit hurt him though. I wonder how much that speech will resonate.

Wild Cobra
03-20-2008, 09:23 PM
I just don't see the GOP pulling this one out of the hat.

The Dems will simply pin McCain to Bush, and run against Bush, a total slam dunk for anything with a pulse.

Too many factors to really make a good guess in my opinion.

I agree that McCain can be closely linked to president Bush. They both share so many things that will keep conservatives from wanting to vote for them. The only reason why president Bush won in 2000 and 2004 was because the opposition was so lame, and he barely pulled those wins off.

Then there's people like me who see harm to this country with any of the three. In that case, I prefer to see blame go to a democrat president.

Brutalis
03-22-2008, 06:14 AM
Eh, I'll do part of it.

McCain=Pres, Huckabee=Vice

Obama will be shot before he makes it in office. Not speaking for myself LMAO, just saying. Too many rednecks.

Yonivore
03-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Eh, I'll do part of it.

Obama will be shot before he makes it in office. Not speaking for myself LMAO, just saying. Too many rednecks.
Enjoy your interrogation.

xrayzebra
03-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Eh, I'll do part of it.

Boy, I hope not. We don't need another politician as a
Martyr.

They will want to have a new national holiday and name
everything in the United States after him. :madrun

Wild Cobra
03-23-2008, 06:56 PM
There is a compelling reason to have a president B. Hussein Obama, and that is so people will sop having cause to use the race card. Look at the power that will be taken away from black leaders should Obama win.

I also think it more likely if Obama were assassinated, it would be orchestrated by a black leader who wishes not to lose power, and blame it on a white somehow and claim racism. After all, their power is gained by keeping blacks down.

Nbadan
03-29-2008, 12:06 AM
There is a compelling reason to have a president B. Hussein Obama, and that is so people will sop having cause to use the race card. Look at the power that will be taken away from black leaders should Obama win.

Oh, there's no doubt that worms like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton use their 'blackness' as a political weapon, but just like most conservative don't listen to Pat Buchanan or Sean Hannity, most blacks don't listen to blow-hards that want to separate the people by race....

Spurminator
04-02-2008, 03:56 PM

I also think it more likely if Obama were assassinated, it would be orchestrated by a black leader who wishes not to lose power, and blame it on a white somehow and claim racism. After all, their power is gained by keeping blacks down.

Good lord, man.

marini martini
04-11-2008, 01:10 AM
I just can't decide!

LOL

ThunderStix®
08-13-2008, 05:01 PM
If Obama is the next President, it will be funny when the Democrats try to explain why the Muslims are still attacking us, or why the rest of the World still hates us.

They won't be able to blame everything on Bush anymore. :lol

There is only one way that the terrorists and Muslims will ever leave us alone, let the Palestinians have Israel. That cannot and will not happen. God would never allow it.

We're gonna be in a war with an Islamic country untill the end of time, whether it's on their soil or ours. Get used to it.

JoeChalupa
08-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I'm saying it right now. It will be a miracle if Obama wins. There are just too many people who aren't ready to make a sound judgement on Obama. Call it what ever you want but too many people just aren't ready so they'll vote for a more comfortable candidate like MCain and then bitch about it afterwards. I've allready got my "Don't Blame Me, I voted for Obama" stickers ready to go.

xrayzebra
08-18-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm saying it right now. It will be a miracle if Obama wins. There are just too many people who aren't ready to make a sound judgement on Obama. Call it what ever you want but too many people just aren't ready so they'll vote for a more comfortable candidate like MCain and then bitch about it afterwards. I've allready got my "Don't Blame Me, I voted for Obama" stickers ready to go.

I don't know Joe. This is one election where I think it could really go one way or the other. It is going to be close on the popularity vote and state by state, I just don't know. It is a barn burner.

Same in the VP pickin. I keep hearing Obama could pick Kerry, I cant see that happening and McCain picking Lieberman, I cant see that happening. But then I think about it, crap, both these guys just might do that sort of thing.

Did any of you watch the "interview" from the church the other night? I thought Obama came off like a stumble bum and McCain made some clear statements. But looking at the results of that thing left me wondering if I watched the same show. I really don't think it changed many peoples mind. But since the MSM didn't give it much play, I think I may be right. If Obama had been a big winner I think they would have really played it up.

clambake
08-18-2008, 10:21 AM
nah, you liked it because an old fart sat around telling stories from 50 years ago.

xrayzebra
08-18-2008, 10:25 AM
nah, you liked it because an old fart sat around telling stories from 50 years ago.

Your not my wife, are you. She tell me what I think too. And you are both wrong.

Old stories from 50 years ago. I wouldn't really call his experience as a POW a story. It was more like a nightmare experience. I suppose you think The Messiah going into the hood is a story.

clambake
08-18-2008, 10:41 AM
the "experience" word being thrown around is over-rated.

remember, he was an "experienced" pilot.

xrayzebra
08-18-2008, 02:11 PM
the "experience" word being thrown around is over-rated.

remember, he was an "experienced" pilot.

Yep he was. The Messiah's experience has all been above his pay grade.

JohnnyMarzetti
08-26-2008, 10:49 AM
The only experience McSame spouts these days is his POW experience. He's starting to sound like Rudy Giuliani...a noun a verb and POW.

wut
09-06-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm sure if you were tortured to the point you couldn't lift your arms over your shoulders you might have a different view on life as well.

Some people who think before they speak might actually consider his history a source of strength in his life, one that people like Obama will never have.

But that's ok, I know some people just like being the Monday morning quarterback.

xrayzebra
09-08-2008, 10:21 AM
^^^But The Messiah has his Muslim religion to sustain him......ooops.....he didn't mean to say that. Right along with his other ooooops.......57 states he visited.

diggers
09-17-2008, 09:18 AM
It's interesting that the right side can throw out religious bigotry the way they do. I am a republican that is watching their party be torn down by end time extremists. The future looks bleak.