PDA

View Full Version : The Dallas Cowboys have shown you Spurs your fate.

dafreestyleking
01-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Normally, I would never compare the greatness of the Dallas Cowboys(who were once a dynasty) to the freaking SA Spurs(who were never a dynasty), but since you're all Spurs fanboys, I think it's safe to assume you're all mostly Cowboys fans as well, so you all share my pain. :oops However, the Cowboys share something in common with your *Spurs....arrogance, cockiness, and perhaps stupidity as well.

Let me explain, from talking to Spurs fanboys in the past, they all say this: "Regalurrr Season games don't not matter cuz we r dienasty!" I can assure you, regular season games DO MATTER Spur, they do matter. Both the Cowboys and the Spurs are too cocky for their own good, and neither of them have the talent to relax during the regular season, you must bring it every single night, i.e. like Kevin Garnett, the best PF in the game today.

And another thing, neither the Cowboys or the Spurs have the overall talent to dismiss the regular season. But the Cowboys did just that and as a result Romo and the 'Boys are going to be watching the NFL playoffs just like the rest of us...at home. The Giants did not defeat us, we defeated ourselves, and we have only ourselves to blame. If you Spurs want to win this year(you won't), you have to give it your all EVERY NIGHT, ya gotta be hungry to win. :hungry:

Spur, the clock of your last tainted "championship" is ticking, April is fast approaching, sink or swim time.

ChumpDumper
01-15-2008, 02:03 AM
"Mavs lose regular season game."

greyforest
01-15-2008, 02:07 AM
funny, i would say the dallas cowboys are a lot more comparable to the dallas mavericks: choking against less talented teams in playoffs

K-State Spur
01-15-2008, 02:11 AM
the difference between the Spurs and the Cowboys (or the Suns or the Mavs or anybody else) is that they have proven that they can coast through much of the regular season and peak at playoff time.

only twice (the first 2, 1999 & 2003) did the Spurs win the championship with the best record in the league. and in 2003, they were sitting as a middle of the pack playoff team until they caught fire during the rodeo trip.

jaffies
01-15-2008, 02:19 AM
"Regalurrr Season games don't not matter cuz we r dienasty!"

Please_dont_ban_me
01-15-2008, 02:22 AM
4 rings.

The Spurs could go 0 for Forever, and still be better off than Dallas or most other franchises.

ludda
01-15-2008, 02:25 AM
:lmao thanks for the laugh

Barbarian
01-15-2008, 02:28 AM
:sleep

T Park
01-15-2008, 02:43 AM

the score of the last meaningfull game the Mavericks played.

You got your asses handed to you by an 8th seed and were embarassed, and you dare come in here and talk smack to the champions?

Be gone kiddo.

Extra Stout
01-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Personally, I would think a team that plays like gangbusters until late in the season and then collapses, like the Cowboys, is the exact opposite of the Spurs.

A better parallel to the Cowboys would be a team that goes 67-15 but loses to an 8 seed in the first round.

SAGambler
01-15-2008, 09:27 AM
I don't know how you can even begin to compare regular season games in Football vs Basketball. But go ahead and try.

Even in playoffs. Football is one and done. NBA is best of seven.

But at least we know allas has more than one team that chokes when it matters most.

ss1986v2
01-15-2008, 09:31 AM
funny, i would say the dallas cowboys are a lot more comparable to the dallas mavericks: choking against less talented teams in playoffs
THIS.

BonnerDynasty
01-15-2008, 09:38 AM
How the fuck can you even compare the teams.

Dallas is fucking mainstream and the #1 bandwagon team in the country. They have people on that team that fucking relish in the media spotlight. The Cowboys talk a big game and have shit for playoff experience. Spurs were fucking forged in the fires of the playoffs and don't even talk shit.

Spurs are the truth. They have dominated and stayed at the top for 10 years now. You can be cocky when your team has won every other year.

Keep wishing for #1 lmao.

CubanMustGo
01-15-2008, 09:52 AM
A #1 seed had never lost in the NFL Divisional playoff round since that format was instituted. The Dallas Cowboys (who had the NFC's best regular season record) were the first.

A #1 seed had never lost to a #8 seed in the first round since the NBA playoffs were expanded to sixteen teams. The Dallas Mavericks (who had the NBA's best regular season record) were the first.

Now, tell me, rook, what's the common thread?

Spur, the clock of your last tainted "championship" is ticking, April is fast approaching, sink or swim time.

How many championships, tainted or no, does your team of wannabe posers have again?

DallasFan
01-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Personally, I would think a team that plays like gangbusters until late in the season and then collapses, like the Cowboys, is the exact opposite of the Spurs.

A better parallel to the Cowboys would be a team that goes 67-15 but loses to an 8 seed in the first round.

DITTO. This year's Cowboys collapse has a hauntingly similiarity to the Mavs collapse last year...I think Avery was in the Press Box with Jerry again.

SenorSpur
01-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Your comparison of the Cowboys to the Spurs is comical. If anything the Cowboys meltdown very Maverick-like - and for very similar reasons:

Both teams had extremely talented rosters, but no skins on the wall. They talked all year as though THEY were the team to beat and how they were destined to win the championship, but no recent history of championship success. In the Mavs case, they have NO championship history.

Both teams had players who became the signature voices of both "unreason" and "false bravado" for their respective teams - not because of their play - but because of their mouths (Patrick Crayton - Cowboys; Jason Terry - Mavericks)

Both teams raced out to an impressive regular season record and secured the top seed only to lose in the 1st round to an inferior opponent.

Both teams achieved an unprecedented feat. Never before had a top seed in the NFC lost to a lower round seed in the NFC playoff under the current format. NFC top conference seed had previously amassed a 17-0 record since 1990. The Mavs were the NBA's first No. 1 seed to lose to an 8th seed under the current 7-game, 1st round playoff format

Both teams head coaches made sudden, unexplained lineup changes at the outset of their first playoff game. (Cowboys benching Julius Jones in favor of Marion Barber as a starter at RB; Mavs benching Erick Dampier in favor of Devin George)

Both coaches (Wade Phillips and Avery Johnson) gave their starters time off to rest prior to the playoffs. Thereby allowing them time to "dial bacK" their competitive intensity, only to see them have trouble "dialing it back up" for playoff competition.

hater
01-15-2008, 10:32 AM
Tony Homo = Dirk Vaginski

samikeyp
01-15-2008, 10:32 AM

Even as a Cowboys fan, I would have to agree.

FromWayDowntown
01-15-2008, 10:45 AM
A #1 seed had never lost in the NFL Divisional playoff round since that format was instituted. The Dallas Cowboys (who had the NFC's best regular season record) were the first.

A #1 seed had never lost to a #8 seed in the first round since the NBA playoffs were expanded to sixteen teams. The Dallas Mavericks (who had the NBA's best regular season record) were the first.

Now, tell me, rook, what's the common thread?

That both of your statements are incorrect?

I'm not sure what you mean by "since that format was instituted," but it's quite clear that the #1 seed San Diego Chargers lost a divisional round playoff game in 2006 and that the #1 seed Indianapolis Colts lost a divisional round playoff game in 2005, to name at least twice that the phenomenon has happened in recent history. Even in the NFC, the #1 seed has lost in the divisional round at least 3 times (1988, 1980, 1979) after having a bye for the first playoff weekend.

And the #1 seed has lost to the #8 seed in the first round of a 16-team NBA playoff on three different occasions (Dallas v. Golden State, 2007; Miami v. New York, 1999; Seattle v. Denver, 1994).

thispego
01-15-2008, 10:47 AM
as a non-Cowboys fan I can really get a good laugh out of this :lmao

I was hoping for a thread likes this from a mavs fan :tu

Slomo
01-15-2008, 10:49 AM
A #1 seed had never lost to a #8 seed in the first round since the NBA playoffs were expanded to sixteen teams. The Dallas Mavericks (who had the NBA's best regular season record) were the first. I don't think this is correct. The Mavs were the first #1 seed to lose to a #8 since a best of 7 games format was introduced in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Edit: FWD confirmed it.

CubanMustGo
01-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Hell, I hate when that happens. :depressed

:owned

lebomb
01-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Normally, I would never compare the greatness of the Dallas Cowboys(who were once a dynasty) to the freaking SA Spurs(who were never a dynasty), but since you're all Spurs fanboys, I think it's safe to assume you're all mostly Cowboys fans as well, so you all share my pain. :oops However, the Cowboys share something in common with your *Spurs....arrogance, cockiness, and perhaps stupidity as well.

Let me explain, from talking to Spurs fanboys in the past, they all say this: "Regalurrr Season games don't not matter cuz we r dienasty!" I can assure you, regular season games DO MATTER Spur, they do matter. Both the Cowboys and the Spurs are too cocky for their own good, and neither of them have the talent to relax during the regular season, you must bring it every single night, i.e. like Kevin Garnett, the best PF in the game today.

And another thing, neither the Cowboys or the Spurs have the overall talent to dismiss the regular season. But the Cowboys did just that and as a result Romo and the 'Boys are going to be watching the NFL playoffs just like the rest of us...at home. The Giants did not defeat us, we defeated ourselves, and we have only ourselves to blame. If you Spurs want to win this year(you won't), you have to give it your all EVERY NIGHT, ya gotta be hungry to win. :hungry:

Dude, you OWNED yourself with this take. LOL.

Mavericks = Cowboys

Spurs Dynasty 21
01-15-2008, 11:20 AM

sorry idiot, but you failed to the point of the Dallas loss which, if anything, makes the Spurs more relaxed about his slump

Cowboys had a GREAT regular season but finished poorly, while the Giants finished great along with the Packers

last year the Spurs rolled in the post season and won it all, Spurs just need to get into form by the all star break

greywheel
01-15-2008, 11:22 AM
What is funny is the Dallas Media has been busy comparing the Cowboys to the Mavericks and other losing franchises from the area.

POSTSEASON BLUES
Dallas teams have struggled of late in the postseason. A look at the franchises and their last playoff appearance:

Team Opponent Result Round Season
Cowboys NY Giants L, 21-17 Divisional 2007
First NFC No. 1 seed to lose in divisional playoffs
FC Dallas Houston L series, 4-2 aggregate Conf. semis 2007
Consecutive first-round exits
Mavericks Golden State L series, 4-2 First round 2006-07
First No. 1 seed to lose best-of-7 first-round series
Stars Vancouver L series, 4-3 First round 2006-07
Lost three consecutive first-round series
Desperados Columbus L, 66-59 Conf. semis 2007
28-4 last two seasons – haven't reached Arena Bowl

samikeyp
01-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Dallas teams have struggled of late in the postseason.

Ah the gift of understatement.

That's like saying July in San Antonio can get a little warm.

ambchang
01-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Seems like the title "Choke City", after vacating Houston in 1994, has finally found a new home.

Budkin
01-15-2008, 12:19 PM
However, the Cowboys share something in common with your *Spurs....arrogance, cockiness, and perhaps stupidity as well.

The Spurs are arrogant and cocky? You've gotta be fucking kidding me. If there is any team in the NBA that fits that mold it's the Mavs, and they definitely fit the stupidity tag (see 2006 Finals and 2007 first round). Get your head out of your ass please.

Sweetey
01-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Will the Cryboys be accompanying the Mavwrecks at the parade next week renaming "Dallas, Texas" to Choke City, Texas? I hear it's gonna be a big one.

spursfan09
01-15-2008, 01:18 PM
:lol
Comparing the Spurs and the Cowboys.... thats funny stuff right there.

samikeyp
01-15-2008, 01:23 PM
At least the Spurs have won titles this decade.

SouthernFried
01-15-2008, 02:07 PM
I really have trouble understanding a Mavs fan touting the regular season so highly.

If anyone should have learned the importance of the post season over the regular season...it should be mavs fans.

And I think most mavs fans have learned that. This guy is just, well...stupid.

Rummpd
01-15-2008, 02:40 PM
D Mavs fans should be rightfully proud of all their awesome regular season winning streaks and records, their "inspiring" superstar, their rich and strange owner dancing with the stars, and their boy wonder looking coach with the high pitched awe inspiring voice.

Just have a parade over those things because a championship is not in the making with the current anatomy of your team in a certain gender specific area.

Regards, "the doc"

DallasFan
01-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Tony Homo = Dirk Vaginski

Didn't have to go there...Romo has been leading the team a mere 1-1/2 years.

Bruno
01-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Spurs = Colts
Mavs = Cowboys
Suns = Dolphins

greyforest
01-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Spurs = Colts
Mavs = Cowboys
Suns = Dolphins
patriots = ?

Bruno
01-15-2008, 04:10 PM
patriots = ?

celtics

DallasFan
01-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Spurs = Colts
Mavs = Cowboys
Suns = Dolphins

So you guys (Spurs) are going "one and done" this year after winning it all last year?

Bruno
01-15-2008, 04:27 PM
So you guys (Spurs) are going "one and done" this year after winning it all last year?

Yes, Stern should stop the season and give the title to Boston.
He should have doen that with Mavs last year after "the greatest 57 game stretch in American sports history".

More seriously, comparing NBA teams to NFL teams is just something stupid that makes no sense at all. And props to Extra Stout, you're doing a great job with this troll even if it's too obvious.

DallasFan
01-15-2008, 04:31 PM
Yes, Stern should stop the season and give the title to Boston.
He should have doen that with Mavs last year after "the greatest 57 game stretch in American sports history".

More seriously, comparing NBA teams to NFL teams is just something stupid that makes no sense at all. And props to Extra Stout, you're doing a great job with this troll even if it's too obvious.

Agreed. Some people have such an awkward way of comparing things...comparing Cowboys collapse to Spurs...as if they will get too cocky???

jay014
01-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Dude, you OWNED yourself with this take. LOL.

Mavericks = Cowboys
No, Mavericks = Seahawks. Good enough to get there, but not good enough to win it all.

Russ
01-15-2008, 10:06 PM
I've been a Cowboys fan for decades and I love the Spurs.

But anybody who could compare a team coached by Wade Phillips to a team coached by Gregg Popovich is seriously deluded.