PDA

View Full Version : Is every team we play.....

SKINNYPIMP210
01-15-2008, 09:08 AM
.....just giving it their all against us since we are last years champs? I think they are but I wanted to get some other opinions. :wakeup

ancestron
01-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Of course teams are getting up for the Spurs. But the Spurs are also just flat out playing like poop right now. Not a good combination.

timmy21_4rings
01-15-2008, 10:51 AM
i think thats how opposing coaches motivate their players

SKINNYPIMP210
01-15-2008, 10:58 AM
i think thats how opposing coaches motivate their players

That's true. :toast

Pistons < Spurs
01-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Opposing teams have been 'getting up' for the last 5 years when they face the Spurs. This year is nothing different.

duncan228
01-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Teams "get up" when they face any quality team.
It's a measuring stick, you can see how you do against an elite team.

Duncan has said, after at least these last 2 Titles, that it's like having a target on your back when you're the defending Champions. Everybody brings their A game against you. That's 82 games for the defending Champs to get hit with everyone's best.

SAGambler
01-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Model franchise, fundamentally great BB, solid play, unselfish team, the team every city would love to have and every coach would love to coach.

When you hear the media talk about the Spurs, this is how you hear them described.

Is it any wonder every team brings their "A+" game when they play the Spurs.? How often have they heard what a great franchise the Spurs have become. Is it any wonder why other teams give it their all to beat the Champs?

703 Spurz
01-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Great franchise in a shitty town!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

That hurts so bad, please stop!

Fucking jackoff

spursfan09
01-15-2008, 02:36 PM

Awww is that all laker fans can do? City smack? weak!

SouthernFried
01-15-2008, 02:51 PM
I've been to LA...so I know the definition of what a shitty town is.

Luckily, I'm in the construction industry...and building for people moving out of that defining town has been very good indeed.

bdictjames
01-15-2008, 03:59 PM
That's why repeating is so hard. Heck, even Sacto did an impressive job against us 2 years ago when we were defending.

As long as we play our game, there aint no stopping the Spurs.

SAGambler
01-16-2008, 10:51 AM

Actually, I've lived in shitty towns, in shitty states and shitty countries, all over the globe. Believe me, when it comes to large population cities, San Antonio is one of the better ones you can call home.

It's been said that in the Dust Bowl years, many an Okie moved to California, and when they did, it raised the IQ of both states. That must still stand, since people in California are willing to pay a quarter million dollars to buy a home they have to park on a trailer lot.

phxspurfan
01-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Actually, I've lived in shitty towns, in shitty states and shitty countries, all over the globe. Believe me, when it comes to large population cities, San Antonio is one of the better ones you can call home.

All I can say to this is that Phoenix sucks. SA is way better.