PDA

View Full Version : Espn

SKINNYPIMP210
01-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Didn't show the highlights from last night's game. One hour of Sportscenter and no Spurs highlights........

This isn't the first time they haven't shown Spurs game highlights.

WalterBenitez
01-15-2008, 09:25 AM
Didn't show the highlights from last night's game. One hour of Sportscenter and no Spurs highlights........

Spurs are boring, you already know that :sleep

SKINNYPIMP210
01-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Never mind, I must of missed it before. But they just shown about 1 min worth of Spurs highlights. Rightfully so when we went over 8 mins without a bucket. lol!

SpurYank
01-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Funny about this, I was a complainer about this in the past. However, as I watched the game last night into fourth quarter I kept thinking "Why would anybody want to see highlights of this game?"

Seems to me when our shots aren't falling we should drive to the basket, as Manu is known to do, occasionally, instead of continuing to shoot bombs from around the arc.

There is no conspiracy. Let's face it. We can be a boring team.

SuperManu!!!
01-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Since manu started playing as a spurs, we must be one of the most fun watching games. C'on! With this guy, you never know what you are gonna get.

ancestron
01-15-2008, 10:02 AM
I saw highlights on ESPNews. They went something like this ...
"ok lets skip ahead to the 4th quarter. Manu hits the open 3. Spurs go up. A few possessions later, Duncan, passes out of the double team to Manu who hits another open 3. Manu had 14 in the quarter and the Spurs win 89-82. Lets go to the NHL...

AFBlue
01-15-2008, 11:44 AM
If 4 championships in less than a decade aren't validation enough that you're a fan of the best team in sports....I don't know what will satisfy you.

Personally, I could care less if the Spurs didn't get recognized for a regular season win against a team that will be competing for a top-5 pick in next year's draft.

Obstructed_View
01-15-2008, 11:59 AM

The only way the Spurs lead on ESPN is if they lose or if someone gets hurt. That's the way it is. That said, the Spurs are playing terribly, and they are playing the worst teams in the league. Only a Spurs fan wants to see highlights of that.

Shank
01-15-2008, 12:24 PM
The only way the Spurs lead on ESPN is if they lose or if someone gets hurt. That's the way it is. That said, the Spurs are playing terribly, and they are playing the worst teams in the league. Only a Spurs fan wants to see highlights of that.

Exactly. It may seem important as a member of the Spurs fanbase, but to those that make the decisions at ESPN, a commonplace regular season victory over the Sixers isn't much to spend time on.

rAm
01-15-2008, 12:31 PM
ESPN is eating up the fact that the spurs are playing shitty... I have a solid belief that ESPN hates the spurs...

They were covering the pistons game which we did play shitty, but we had some decent plays. All they did was show Rip Hamiltons move on Parker and then like 3 straight turnover by the spurs, and then go on to talk about the Spurs record over the last 8 games.

Then last night after showing the highlights, Stuart Scott starts talking about not winning back to back puts a question mark in front of the Dynasty question. It's fucking January, jesus.

jman3000
01-15-2008, 12:35 PM
The Celtics Lost!!

Omgzzz!

Obstructed_View
01-15-2008, 06:08 PM
The mere fact that there was a debate at ESPN among employees as to whether Tim Duncan is a "superstar" tells me everything I need to know about them. That anyone that would even try to make that argument wouldn't be laughed out of the building speaks volumes for that network's attitude.

G-Nob
01-15-2008, 07:20 PM
your problem is you watch espn. don't. they are only good for baseball tonight and college gameday.

bigfundamental21
01-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Get over it. ESPN has never really covered the Spurs. We will never get the air time that the Lakers, Cavs, Celtics, Heat, Suns get. That is just a fact. No matter if we win 50 games in a row, we will not be the top story.

SenorSpur
01-16-2008, 12:21 AM
I love watching the weekly ESPN2 NBA basketball show entitiled, "NBA Coast to Coast". For those that have not seen it, it's a 2-hour show that focuses on NBA News & Notes. They go around the country and provide live "look-ins" on various games that are in progress, updates on scores and short interviews with NBA players.

In two hours of viewing this program each Tuesday night, not one single mention of the Spurs. Nevermind they were not playing on this night. In fact, the Spurs are rarely, if ever, mentioned at all - unless they ARE playing a game that night.

It is indeed sort of humorous. The Spurs are so far "under the radar" they cannot even garner press coverage on a 2-hour NBA Basketball show. :lol

SKINNYPIMP210
01-16-2008, 09:50 AM
I love watching the weekly ESPN NBA basketball show entitiled, "NBA Coast to Coast". For those that have not seen it, it's a 2-hour show that focuses on NBA News & Notes. They go around the country and provide live "look-ins" on various games that are in progress, updates on scores and short interviews with NBA players.

In two hours of viewing this program, not one single mention of the Spurs. Nevermind they were not playing on this night. The Spurs are so far "under the radar" they cannot even garner press coverage on a 2-hour NBA basketball show.

Exactly! It's like the gift and the curse. I'm glad we are under the radar because I feel it gives the Spurs the edge sometimes (less pressure). But if you go into almost any other city in the US and go to a sports store. There is not one iota of Spurs merchandise. Just like no mention of the Spurs on a 2-hour NBA basketball show.

Obstructed_View
01-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Media coverage is overrated. Ask the Cowboys if they'd like to fly under the radar some time.

BonnerDynasty
01-16-2008, 08:43 PM
The media is always mentioning the Spurs.

Every conversation about the Celtics I have heard this year mentions San Antonio at least once. Every conversation about the Lakers getting to the finals always ends with, "the only team that I am not sure they can compete with is San Antonio."

Most big time nationally televised games between two other teams like PHX and L.A. always mentioned San Antonio at least once early on in the season.

Regular season isn't a big deal to this team, and they are playing like shit ATM...so why should anyone actually go into a lengthy discussion about them.