PDA

View Full Version : Wade Phillips with a bitch move.

samikeyp
01-15-2008, 12:58 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/011508dnspocowbriefs.20f8127.html

IRVING – The scoreboard may not agree with Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips, but he feels Sunday's loss to the Giants was not reflective of his team's performance.

"After looking at the tape, I feel like the best team lost the game," he said. "I thought we outplayed them. But we lost. Certainly, that goes directly to the coach, and I accept that."

The loss dropped Phillips' postseason record as a head coach to 0-4, and it marks the second straight season he's taken part in a one-and-done by a top seed. Last year, Phillips was the Chargers' defensive coordinator when San Diego was upended by the fourth-seeded Patriots in the divisional round.

Phillips extolled the virtues of a 13-4 season and the Cowboys' 12 Pro Bowl selections, an NFL record. And he emphasized that the team had four more wins than a year ago and was eliminated a round deeper into the playoffs.

Still, he said he is aware of the high standards that come with his job.

"That's the way it is every year," Phillips said. "If you don't win the Super Bowl, then it's disappointing."

Fuck that.

I am as big a Cowboys fan there is and this is bullshit. They pissed away a 13-3 season and home field advantage with the one thing that, frankly, plagued them all season. A lack of discipline. 11 penalties for 84 yards in a playoff game? Unexcusable. I couldn't find a stat for most penalized team of the season but I would bet Dallas was top 5.

Wade...this is why you have never won a playoff game. When a team beats you....you were NOT the better team. I have called out people on this board for being guilty of a lack of sportsmanship when they don't give another team credit for beating one of their teams. Same applies here. Man up Wade. Your team lost. It sucks but its your own fault. No moral victories, no "but we were better" bullshit. If you were better on Sunday, you would have won the game. Is the Cowboys roster more talented? Absolutely. Did that more talented roster get worked Sunday?

Absolutely.

Stop being a bitch, Wade.

O-Factor
01-15-2008, 01:12 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/011508dnspocowbriefs.20f8127.html

IRVING – The scoreboard may not agree with Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips, but he feels Sunday's loss to the Giants was not reflective of his team's performance.

"After looking at the tape, I feel like the best team lost the game," he said. "I thought we outplayed them. But we lost. Certainly, that goes directly to the coach, and I accept that."

The loss dropped Phillips' postseason record as a head coach to 0-4, and it marks the second straight season he's taken part in a one-and-done by a top seed. Last year, Phillips was the Chargers' defensive coordinator when San Diego was upended by the fourth-seeded Patriots in the divisional round.

Phillips extolled the virtues of a 13-4 season and the Cowboys' 12 Pro Bowl selections, an NFL record. And he emphasized that the team had four more wins than a year ago and was eliminated a round deeper into the playoffs.

Still, he said he is aware of the high standards that come with his job.

"That's the way it is every year," Phillips said. "If you don't win the Super Bowl, then it's disappointing."

Fuck that.

I am as big a Cowboys fan there is and this is bullshit. They pissed away a 13-3 season and home field advantage with the one thing that, frankly, plagued them all season. A lack of discipline. 11 penalties for 84 yards in a playoff game? Unexcusable. I couldn't find a stat for most penalized team of the season but I would bet Dallas was top 5.

Wade...this is why you have never won a playoff game. When a team beats you....you were NOT the better team. I have called out people on this board for being guilty of a lack of sportsmanship when they don't give another team credit for beating one of their teams. Same applies here. Man up Wade. Your team lost. It sucks but its your own fault. No moral victories, no "but we were better" bullshit. If you were better on Sunday, you would have won the game. Is the Cowboys roster more talented? Absolutely. Did that more talented roster get worked Sunday?

Absolutely.

Well put mikey.
:toast

ducks
01-15-2008, 02:46 PM
jerry jones will do something drastic

watch

what hurt dallas was the o was out of sync for 5 weeks do to to being hurt

johnsmith
01-15-2008, 02:51 PM
what hurt dallas was the o was out of sync for 5 weeks do to to being hurt

Do you purposely type in "text message" style or are you just a retard?

leemajors
01-15-2008, 03:51 PM
you have to wonder how the boys can win almost every statistical battle and still lose. that being said, :td to philips.

midgetonadonkey
01-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Parcells>>>>Phillips

BacktoBasics
01-15-2008, 05:00 PM
Parcells>>>>Phillips
As far as lifetime yes but I'm fine with Wade right now and Pantsfat Bill is over the hill.

O line needs major work, not as far as lack of talent but as far as work together like a team.

I'm curious as to what they will do with two numbers ones this year.

timvp
01-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Dallas Fan will soak those comments right up. Phillips might have saved his job with those comments.

monosylab1k
01-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Dallas Fan will soak those comments right up. Phillips might have saved his job with those comments.
Actually he's getting roasted for those comments and alot of people in Dallas are wishing he be fired.

Extra Stout
01-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Do you purposely type in "text message" style or are you just a retard?
He's at work and has to get his train of thought out as best he can before his boss walks by.

Slinkyman
01-15-2008, 08:25 PM
phillips is a bum and will always be a bum.

FromWayDowntown
01-15-2008, 08:31 PM
Fuck that.

Absolutely.

That's excellent, mikey.

leemajors
01-15-2008, 09:23 PM
a radio caller on jim rome yesterday said that wade is suffering from the flutie curse.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Parcells>>>>Garrett>>>>Phillips
Fixed.

DAINTX
01-16-2008, 01:44 AM
Phillips has lost before when favored in the playoffs. He sucks as a playoff coach because he instills no discipline...and in the playoffs discipline is key (avoid turnovers and stupid penalties!) Parcells may be a little overboard the other way, but Phillips is just too soft. Watch...the 'Boys will regress next year because the Parcells discipline will have faded away and the assistant coaches Phillips needs so desparately will be gone. A new offense will have to be learned and Romo will take a step back. BTW, he also is starting to build a rep for sucking in pressure games.

S_A_Longhorn
01-16-2008, 05:45 PM
They pissed away a 13-3 season and home field advantage with the one thing that, frankly, plagued them all season. A lack of discipline. 11 penalties for 84 yards in a playoff game? Unexcusable. I couldn't find a stat for most penalized team of the season but I would bet Dallas was top 5.

Whoa there buddy.

Dallas got off to a great start, in part, because they had several games with 1 or 2 penalties all game long. It was a BIG DIFFERENCE between the Parcells games and the Phillips games.

As the season went on, the penalties began to add up. Of course, I blame the players for penalties, not the coach. Being focused and relaxed results in less penalties, IMO. Phillips brought that after Parcells quit.

Of course, Romo getting sacked twice after running around outside of the pocket, and then getting a penalty for throwing the ball away while being IN THE POCKET has nothing to do with Phillips.

I'll blame jessica for the lack of blood flow to Romo's head for that one. :p: