PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Teenager Sues City

PEP
01-15-2008, 07:07 PM
http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=cf99c52e-4e76-4e16-a0c8-1cf137b62e31

She's not legally old enough to drink, but an 18-year-old woman has filed a $10.5 million dollar lawsuit against the San Antonio Police Department.

She claims officers used excessive force after she was confronted about what she admits was a night of drinking at Cowboy's Dancehall.

Erin McCutchen and her family say they're looking for justice.

They want the police officers named in the suit to be punished or fired.

"She got the crap beat out of her," said Richard Hackney, Erin's father.

On Monday, she filed suit against the city claiming that last fall, while in police custody, she was "subjected to intentional, grotesque, and humiliating excessive, even deadly force."

"Nobody deserves for that to happen to them," said Erin McCutchen.

The city has not yet been served a copy of the suit and on Monday officials did not have a comment for the media.

Police officers did talk about the incident when it happened.

"She was so intoxicated, she needed help leaving the club. She was so belligerent and uncooperative with officers," said Sgt. Gabe Trevino, SAPD spokesman.

McCutchen agreed she bears some of the responsibility. She admits she was drinking that night, despite the fact that she is only 18. She says she did get out of hand while she was in the back of the patrol car.

"We were exchanging words, me and the cop, and I don't remember what was said, but I got mad and kicked out the window," said McCutchen.

For that, her stepfather says McCutchen should be held accountable.

"She deserved to get arrested and she deserved to be taken and charged," said Hackney.

He believes the city and its police department need to be held accountable as well.

"I don't think anybody deserves to get beaten like that," said Hackney.

The family is seeking $10.5 million dollars.

They said it is the number recommended by their lawyer and their primary focus is to see that the officers face disciplinary action.

Cowboys Dancehall is also named in the suit. The family claims the club serves alcohol to minors.

We were not able to reach anyone at Cowboys Dancehall for comment.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Why is drinking age still 21 in the States? Pretty much the rest of the world is 18 ie adulthood.

I've never understood this. You can go to war or adult jail at 18 (hell, you can drive a 2t killing machine at 15!), but not have a beer. You are at college but not supposed to drink. And it makes criminals out of young people who have been given every other right and responsibility by their society except the right to imbibe fermented beverages. Puritanical horseshit.

Leetonidas
01-15-2008, 07:30 PM
I know a few girls that are friends with this retard. I can't believe people are siding with this stupid whore. Fuck that alcoholic slut.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-15-2008, 07:32 PM
On Monday, she filed suit against the city claiming that last fall, while in police custody, she was "subjected to intentional, grotesque, and humiliating excessive, even deadly force."

Um, if they had used deadly force you'd be dead, stupid bitch.

Anyone who kicks out the window of a cop car deserves whatever beatdown they get.

PEP
01-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Yup, she drank underage and got caught, kicked out a cop car window, doesnt remember most of what she was doing, and then wonders why she was punched in the face repeatedly?? Too bad she didnt attempt to drive home and hit and kill somebody. Yup, must be the cops and Cowboys fault.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Kids are blameless for their own actions. It's the touchy-feely environment we're raising these brats in.

I'm experiencing deja vu.