PDA

View Full Version : Proffesors.

Supreme_Being
01-15-2008, 07:11 PM
My professor just dropped me off a subject for incurring 3.5 absences when only 3 was allowed.

Talk about not having consideration. I want to beat the crap out of her outside school.

Slomo
01-15-2008, 07:14 PM
She wouldn't be your spelling professor, would she?

2Blonde
01-15-2008, 07:18 PM
:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-15-2008, 07:19 PM

:lmao

Try turning up to class next time.

Shelly
01-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I guess being the Supreme Being didn't give you any clout, huh?

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-15-2008, 08:01 PM

Sounds more like the Supreme Being missed too much math class to me.

If greater than 3 absences gets you dropped, then why miss 3.5 and expect to not be cut?

Mrs. Chopper is actually Dr. Mrs. Chopper and teaches at the university and I have to laugh at the "students" that come to her with a week left in the session and will ask her if they can withdraw-pass because they are failing even though the deadline for a WP is something like two months before the end of the semester. The she'll get a barrage of emails after the semester ends from kids asking if their "C" can get changed to a "B-" so they don't lose scholarship money, etc.

Then, when she says no, the kids get p!ssed off at her like she's done something wrong. And all this is after she does things like drop their lowest test grades and offer various extra credit projects during the weeks of the course.

When I was in school if I passed I passed. If I failed I failed. I might of tried to discuss matters with the teacher during the semester, but I never would bitch about falling victim to established rules of conduct or grading. I earned what I earned.

Kids whine way too much these days. Must be the blameless culture we're raising these brats in.

Ranting is fun.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-15-2008, 08:14 PM

Sounds more like the Supreme Being missed too much math class to me.

If greater than 3 absences gets you dropped, then why miss 3.5 and expect to not be cut?

Mrs. Chopper is actually Dr. Mrs. Chopper and teaches at the university and I have to laugh at the "students" that come to her with a week left in the session and will ask her if they can withdraw-pass because they are failing even though the deadline for a WP is something like two months before the end of the semester. The she'll get a barrage of emails after the semester ends from kids asking if their "C" can get changed to a "B-" so they don't lose scholarship money, etc.

Then, when she says no, the kids get p!ssed off at her like she's done something wrong.

When I was in school if I passed I passed. If I failed I failed. I might of tried to discuss matters with the teacher during the semester, but I never would bitch about falling victim to established rules of conduct or grading.

Kids whine way too much these days. Must be the blameless culture we're raising these brats in.

Ranting is fun.

:tu DAMN STRAIGHT TO ALL OF IT.

In my third year at uni I had lost motivation and was driving the taxi/partying/playing ball too much and not studying enough.

At the end of semester I crammed for 3 days straight, stopped at 5am before my first exam for a nap, and awoke at 10.30am, half way through the exam! What did I do? After the mini-mental breakdown, I didn't try to bullshit my way to a supplementary exam, I realised that failure was my fault, took my fails on the chin, came back the next year and finished the degree.

Where the fuck has PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY gone? Why won't people take responsibility for their actions? I am by no means a paragon of virtue, but man do I hate all the weaseling that goes on in the world. Stand up and take your punishment.

/rant

;)

CubanMustGo
01-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Where the fuck has PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY gone? Why won't people take responsibility for their actions? I am by no means a paragon of virtue, but man do I hate all the weaseling that goes on in the world. Stand up and take your punishment.

/rant

;)

QFFT

FromWayDowntown
01-15-2008, 08:28 PM
My professor just dropped me off a subject for incurring 3.5 absences when only 3 was allowed.

Talk about not having consideration. I want to beat the crap out of her outside school.

She really should have changed the rules for you. I mean, how unreasonable to insist that a rule is a rule!!! Even if the black letter of the rule says that you should be dropped from the class, she should understand the circumstances of your case and make an exception because of those circumstances. It's really not fair at all! Is she married to the NBA commissioner by any chance.

By the way, it's January 15 and you already have missed 3.5 class meetings?

ShoogarBear
01-15-2008, 08:38 PM
She wouldn't be your spelling professor, would she?:lmao

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2008, 08:52 PM
I've never understood why some profs find it necessary to take role in college. If you can pass the class without showing up everyday, who gives a shit.

ShoogarBear
01-15-2008, 08:56 PM
I've never understood why some profs find it necessary to take role in college. If you can pass the class without showing up everyday, who gives a shit.Another Spelling Class dropout?

thispego
01-15-2008, 09:03 PM
didn't the semester just start?

ThomasGranger
01-15-2008, 09:18 PM
I've never understood why some profs find it necessary to take role in college. If you can pass the class without showing up everyday, who gives a shit.

It's an easy way to cull the herd. Profs get paid the same amount for a small class that they do for a big one (unless of course it's so small it doesn't make).

spursfan09
01-15-2008, 09:30 PM

Well I've never understood why students are paying for college and not going to class... I mean the Teachers are provding thier service to you that you paid for.

exstatic
01-15-2008, 09:37 PM

It's for the best. If you had stayed in the class, she probably would have done something TOTALLY unreasonable, like failing you for averaging 50.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Well I've never understood why students are paying for college and not going to class... I mean the Teachers are provding thier service to you that you paid for.I've never been dropped from a class for excessive absence, but I've passed many classes while only showing up for the tests and doing the reading and studying on my own. Why show up to class when I can earn an A without showing up? I couldn't have done this with say a Calc/Trig class but History/English/Econ, sure.

spursfan09
01-15-2008, 09:39 PM
I've never been dropped from a class for excessive absence, but I've passed many classes while only showing up for the tests and doing the reading and studying on my own. Why show up to class when I can earn an A without showing up?

Well I guess whatever works for you. I'm just saying I might be able to do the same, but I prefer the lecture because I'm paying for them to share what they think and what they know. So thats why I always go to class. To me, it makes no sense not to

spursfan09
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Plus I'm an accounting major so maybe thats why I go. Taking classes like Stats and Calculus.

TheSanityAnnex
01-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Plus I'm an accounting major so maybe thats why I go. Taking classes like Stats and Calculus.Yeah, those are the types of classes where if I miss, I fall way behind and can't catch myself up by reading alone.

spursfan09
01-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Yeah, those are the types of classes where if I miss, I fall way behind and can't catch myself up by reading alone.

Yeah I c what you mean....

ashbeeigh
01-15-2008, 10:15 PM

:cry

Follow the fucking rules next time.

johnsmith
01-15-2008, 10:27 PM
College professors are the most worthless type of educator. Most everything they teach doesn't apply in the real world because they've never been in the real world. I graduated with a BA in 2002 and have yet to apply one single course from college to my current job.

FromWayDowntown
01-15-2008, 10:32 PM
college is for losers

or loosers.

Extra Stout
01-15-2008, 10:43 PM
victoria is for losers

Nbadan
01-16-2008, 06:12 AM
...I don't think this is the real supreme being....

cherylsteele
01-16-2008, 08:58 AM

If you did this at a real job....you would have been fired.
You did go past the absence allotment didn't you? It was even probably in the student handbook too.

It is called responsibility.

travis2
01-16-2008, 09:01 AM
If it's a school policy, she didn't have a choice.

Regardless, it's not her fault you didn't show up.

samikeyp
01-16-2008, 10:45 AM
God forbid you should have to follow the rules everyone else does.

Spoiled fuck.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-16-2008, 11:26 AM
College professors are the most worthless type of educator. Most everything they teach doesn't apply in the real world because they've never been in the real world. I graduated with a BA in 2002 and have yet to apply one single course from college to my current job.

Maybe Blinn needs to add a course on working that drive-thru headset.

Bigzax
01-16-2008, 11:55 AM
you need to slice that bitch's tires!

skip out on another class to do it!

johnsmith
01-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Maybe Blinn needs to add a course on working that drive-thru headset.

Not sure what Blinn is, but your wife certainly fits the "worthless bill" that I described.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to fly here and beat me up like you promised last year.

baseline bum
01-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Well I've never understood why students are paying for college and not going to class... I mean the Teachers are provding thier service to you that you paid for.

Students are paying for the piece of paper. Sometimes going to class is a complete waste of time. Case in point: I took a Numerical Analysis class, went on the first day, and the prof spent the full hour discussing the bisection method for finding roots to equations (if you have a continuous function defined on some interval that is >0 at one endpoint and <0 at another, it must be zero somewhere in that interval, and you keep shrinking intervals known to have the root to half their size to eventually box it into a very small interval). The full fucking hour for something that it took me 40 seconds to prove in my notes. At that point I decided I'd never learn a thing from this guy that I couldn't learn in 1/10th of the time on my own. So, I just showed up for the midterm, the final, and showed up on Fridays briefly to turn in my homework, got an A+, and know that my time was far better spent studying the material on my own rather than being slowed by my class.

cherylsteele
01-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Most everything they teach doesn't apply in the real world because they've never been in the real world.
I call BS on this. My dad is a professor at UTSA and has worked in the real world. He was a senior engineer at SWRI for 26 yrs until he retired.
So yes, he has been in the real world.

I graduated with a BA in 2002 and have yet to apply one single course from college to my current job.
You received a BA? In what subject? Why did you not pursue a career in the field you studied for?
Either you are being less that truthful about your education, or you are the idiot asking me if I want to whatasize my order and getting mad when I ask for more than one napkin in my drive-thru order.

I think the person who is not in the real world is actually you.

travis2
01-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Not sure what Blinn is, but your wife certainly fits the "worthless bill" that I described.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for you to fly here and beat me up like you promised last year.

Sounds to me like Dr. Mrs. Chopper treats and expects her students to be adults and accept some responsibility.

I use plenty of what I learned for my BS (and MS) at work.

Sounds to me like you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-16-2008, 01:04 PM

I'm sure you like men to beat you up.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-16-2008, 01:27 PM
I call BS on this. My dad is a professor at UTSA and has worked in the real world. He was a senior engineer at SWRI for 26 yrs until he retired.

You received a BA? In what subject? Why did you not pursue a career in the field you studied for?
Either you are being less that truthful about your education, or you are the idiot asking me if I want to whatasize my order and getting mad when I ask for more than one napkin in my drive-thru order.

Well said. JohnSmith is just so obviously a miserable person. You can't fake that. Why I ever let him get under my skin is beyond me.

I'm sure his college professors' lack of real world experience will be largely to blame if/when he experiences failure, as will everyone in JohnSmith's life but JohnSmith.

He's a great example of what this thread is all about.

01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
This thread has more segue's than Dean Kamen's garage. So who is getting piled on? Johnsmith for not paying attention about when to ask if extra catsup is needed or Supreme Being for thinking 1+1=0.5?

Shaolin-Style
01-16-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't think they'd have dropped you if they thought you would have still succeeded.

They usually warn you about being absent too much like that leaves you subject to being dropped at the professor's discretion, I suppose yours used their discretion and "did you a favor."

I just hope you didn't just start out with college this or last semester cause now you only get 6 drops throughout your college career in texas if you fall under the new texas legislature policy.

Harry Potter
01-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Which class was this in? My Potions teacher is a real bastard when it comes to attendance. He hates me. But I hate him too.

samikeyp
01-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Shouldn't you be playing "hide the wand" with Hermione?

travis2
01-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Shouldn't you be playing "hide the wand" with Hermione?

No no no no...Ron plays with Hermione...Harry plays with Ginny...get it right...:lol

Harry Potter
01-16-2008, 02:11 PM
No no no no...Ron plays with Hermione...Harry plays with Ginny...get it right...:lolWell.... at this point you Muggles are going to find out that Ron is playing with Lavender Brown. Hermione is going to be obviously jealous however.

Jimcs50
01-16-2008, 02:13 PM

Are you in theater arts class?

ploto
01-16-2008, 02:14 PM
By the way, it's January 15 and you already have missed 3.5 class meetings?
That's the first thing I wondered, too.

Jimcs50
01-16-2008, 02:18 PM
I've never been dropped from a class for excessive absence, but I've passed many classes while only showing up for the tests and doing the reading and studying on my own. Why show up to class when I can earn an A without showing up? I couldn't have done this with say a Calc/Trig class but History/English/Econ, sure.

Why don't you go to a correspondence school instead, if you do not want to be part of the college scene?

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-16-2008, 02:19 PM
I work at a college. I know a lot of professors, and I can assure you that most of them aren't just pie in the sky academics. Many of them are also fucking their grad students. How's that for real world experience?

Jimcs50
01-16-2008, 02:27 PM
I work at a college. I know a lot of professors, and I can assure you that most of them aren't just pie in the sky academics. Many of them are also fucking their grad students. How's that for real world experience?

what is wrong with that????

I taught a anatomy and physiology lab when I was a senior and fucked one of my students....not in the class though.

:)

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-16-2008, 02:28 PM

I taught a anatomy and physiology lab when I was a senior and fucked one of my students....not in the class though.

That seems like it might be the ONLY class where you could get away with that sort of thing. You blew it, Jimbo.

travis2
01-16-2008, 02:30 PM
That seems like it might be the ONLY class where you could get away with that sort of thing. You blew it, Jimbo.

ummmmm...no, I would assume his lab student did...

SpursWoman

All of my senior level accounting/tax/business law professors taught part time and had their own practices outside of the University. So, no, not really.

And I graduated with a BBA in 1993, and I use pretty much everything (accounting-wise, anyway) in my current job, and past jobs, everyday. :spin

History of Catholism and Philosophy: The Meaning of Life .... no, not so much.

spurs_fan_in_exile

01-16-2008, 02:31 PM

Assuming Jimbo didn't do a little "experimenting" during his college tenure...

/NTTAWWT

travis2
01-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Assuming Jimbo didn't do a little "experimenting" during his college tenure...

/NTTAWWT

Jimcs50
01-16-2008, 02:34 PM

It was watered down anatomy/ physiology class for phys ed/ kinesiology majors, and she was my best student....so it was on the up and up.....no preferential trmt on my part.

travis2
01-16-2008, 02:35 PM
It was watered down anatomy/ physiology class for phys ed/ kinesiology majors, and she was my best student....so it was on the up and up.....no preferential trmt on my part.

:lol:lol

no preferential trmt on my part.:)

No "Ladies First", eh?

Jimcs50

good one, Travis.

SpursWoman
01-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Also, my last semester was $282 per credit hour, not including books and other fees. Just like when I attended graduation with phenomonia ... no fucking way I was going to pay that much money for school and not get every penny's worth.

But I did sleep through pretty much every Business Management class and still end up with a 101 average. :fro

samikeyp
01-16-2008, 02:37 PM

I doubt it was just one. :)

Jimcs50
01-16-2008, 02:39 PM
I need to look her up....she was smokin'. We could go back over some anatomy studying together.

Jimcs50
01-16-2008, 02:41 PM
I doubt it was just one. :)

Alas, Mikey....just one. I struck out in my morning class....just the afternoon class was fruitful.

spursfan09
01-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Jimcs50 are you really a professor?

Jimcs50
01-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Jimcs50 are you really a professor?

No...this was in college. A senior Biology major with an A average could teach biology labs for a certain amt per class....I think it was something like $700 or something like that.

There was no rule against dating students if you were an undergrad.

travis2
01-16-2008, 02:52 PM
No...this was in college. A senior Biology major with an A average could teach biology labs for a certain amt per class....I think it was something like $700 or something like that.

oh I can see you teaching hygienists the "new and improved" methods of cleaning teeth...

"Chairside? Nooooooo...there's a much more effective position...you can see into the mouth much better if you straddle the patient..."

spursfan09
01-16-2008, 02:54 PM

Oh I was gonna ask aren't there rules for that.

FromWayDowntown
01-16-2008, 03:35 PM
phenomonia

Is that some exceptional strain of pneumonia or did you have Supreme Being's spelling professor?

:nerd

SpursWoman
01-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Is that some exceptional strain of pneumonia or did you have Supreme Being's spelling professor?

I already said I was an accountant ... not an English teacher. :lol

johnsmith
01-16-2008, 11:47 PM

Why would I be less then truthful for with you bunch of ass clowns? I went to college, received slightly above average grades, gained a diploma, then went on to succeed in a totally unrelated field because the "real world" in my opinion has been easy enough to conquer thus far. I'm making a very good income, will continue to make more, I'm married, and I live a happy life in one of my two homes that I have purchased around the area.

So next time your fat ass goes to whatasize, think twice about that, you could lose a little weight, plus you'll know it's not me waiting on you.

johnsmith
01-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Well said. JohnSmith is just so obviously a miserable person. You can't fake that. Why I ever let him get under my skin is beyond me.

I'm sure his college professors' lack of real world experience will be largely to blame if/when he experiences failure, as will everyone in JohnSmith's life but JohnSmith.

He's a great example of what this thread is all about.

Yes, I'm so obviously a miserable person, and you are so obviously such a wonderful judge of character that you can decifer a personality just by using the internet.

Oh, and you let me get under your skin because you are an insecure little twat with a wife that can't hack the real world.

So now, what was this thread all about? Right, it was about a kid that was failed from one of his classes, something I never did.

Extra Stout
01-17-2008, 12:02 AM

Or she may have been suffering from inflammation of her observable occurrence.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-17-2008, 12:05 AM
How do you get half an absence? :)

Fillmoe
01-17-2008, 12:07 AM
maybe he came to class late?

Please_dont_ban_me
01-17-2008, 12:08 AM
maybe he came to class late?

That's still an absence...

So he had 4. And the limit was 3. Knaw mean? :elephant

Extra Stout
01-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Well... yeah... you got a B.A. If you want a degree to use for a vocation, you get a B.S.

All the B.A. tells a prospective employer is that you probably have an adequate level of basic cognitive function.

ploto
01-17-2008, 12:31 AM
Well... yeah... you got a B.A. If you want a degree to use for a vocation, you get a B.S.

All the B.A. tells a prospective employer is that you probably have an adequate level of basic cognitive function.
Some people don't use college as a vocational school but instead as a place to educate themselves as people.

TDMVPDPOY
01-17-2008, 12:33 AM
go put 10mls in her ass and get it over and done with

cherylsteele
01-17-2008, 01:30 AM
I went to college, received slightly above average grades, gained a diploma,
Gee.....maybe if you actually used the resources that a professor was able to give in whatever class you took you would have gotten better that a
C+ (slightly above average grade).

then went on to succeed in a totally unrelated field
Then why spend money to go college?

So next time your fat ass goes to whatasize, think twice about that, you could lose a little weight, plus you'll know it's not me waiting on you.
To bad you don't know me....you would not say I am fat...because I am not.

Why would I be less then truthful for with you bunch of ass clowns?
You come in here and call other posters ass clowns when they call you out on something, you lump all professors together as being worthless. Yes, I do know some prof's...through my dad....that are worthless...he even says so. Yep this is really mature. Takes a real college degree to call someone an ass clown. I guess internet anonymity helps too.

Let me get this straight....you went to college and got a degree in a particular field and never pursued that field? Was this the plan when you attended college? What type of career did you end up doing anyway?

travis2
01-17-2008, 07:43 AM
He's probably just angry because he has small feet, small hands, and a small belt buckle...

johnsmith
01-17-2008, 09:13 AM
[QUOTE=cherylsteele]Gee.....maybe if you actually used the resources that a professor was able to give in whatever class you took you would have gotten better that a
C+ (slightly above average grade).

Obviously I didn't need to as I'm doing just fine with what I had. Oh, and I consider "B's", slightly above average.

To bad you don't know me....you would not say I am fat...because I am not.

I don't believe you. You live in SA and you are a woman, enough said. If you think I'm lying about something, then I can certainly think you are too.

Let me get this straight....you went to college and got a degree in a particular field and never pursued that field? Was this the plan when you attended college? What type of career did you end up doing anyway?

Didn't really have a plan going in, but it worked out just fine for me. The industry I have chosen is far more concerned with the fact that you have a degree, rather then which type.

johnsmith
01-17-2008, 09:14 AM
He's probably just angry because he has small feet, small hands, and a small belt buckle...

Whatever dude, I've seen pictures of you and you are a mutant.

Extra Stout
01-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Some people don't use college as a vocational school but instead as a place to educate themselves as people.
That's fine, as long as said people do not start complaining when they are working at Home Depot after getting their English degree.

samikeyp
01-17-2008, 09:33 AM
I don't believe you. You live in SA and you are a woman, enough said. If you think I'm lying about something, then I can certainly think you are too.

So all women in SA are fat?

01-17-2008, 09:35 AM
So all women in SA are fat?

JS goes for gals who resemble bags of antlers. Any woman over 90 lbs is fat in his eyes.

johnsmith
01-17-2008, 10:39 AM
JS goes for gals who resemble bags of antlers. Any woman over 90 lbs is fat in his eyes.

It's true.

katyon6th
01-17-2008, 11:02 AM

hahahah But hey, that's just rude.

BonnerDynasty
01-17-2008, 11:24 AM

Because class is a waste of time and I can easily keep up with the books/internet notes without having to spend 30 mins finding parking, walk 2 miles to class, and sit through 1.5 hours of bullshit.

Jimcs50
01-17-2008, 12:12 PM
[QUOTE]

Obviously I didn't need to as I'm doing just fine with what I had. Oh, and I consider "B's", slightly above average.

Didn't really have a plan going in, but it worked out just fine for me. The industry I have chosen is far more concerned with the fact that you have a degree, rather then which type.

Good for you. "B" average......do you make slightly above average money too? If you went to class, maybe you could have done even better....yes?

Jimcs50
01-17-2008, 12:13 PM
I happen to know a couple of women in San Antonio that are not fat....so you are wrong.

johnsmith
01-17-2008, 12:21 PM
Good for you. "B" average......do you make slightly above average money too? If you went to class, maybe you could have done even better....yes?

Well, I could lie about how much money I make, much like you do, but I'll just keep it at the fact that I'm doing just fine.

By the way, who said I didn't go to class? Keep up bitch.

johnsmith
01-17-2008, 12:21 PM
I happen to know a couple of women in San Antonio that are not fat....so you are wrong.

Eh, law of average.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-17-2008, 01:12 PM
Did you get a refund for the class? If not, it's complete horseshit.

Mandatory attendance is fucking retarded, IMO. Dropping you from the class is even more laughable.

I went to approximately 20% of my classes in college and I rarely took notes. The profs did nothing but outline the reading. If you can learn the material, what difference does it make when/where you learned it?

And going to the boring ass lectures wouldn't have made a difference in my GPA. Being more disciplined to actually study would have, but I chose to socialize instead.

'Twas the right decision.

cherylsteele
01-17-2008, 01:30 PM
The industry I have chosen is far more concerned with the fact that you have a degree, rather then which type.
Well...what industry is that? I did inquire this in my previous post.
On, you can believe what you want to about what you think my appearance, weight, etc. is, I know what is true and quite happy with my figure, and besides, it doesn't matter what you say about me regarding it.

johnsmith
01-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Well...what industry is that? I did inquire this in my previous post.
On, you can believe what you want to about what you think my appearance, weight, etc. is, I know what is true and quite happy with my figure, and besides, it doesn't matter what you say about me regarding it.

What does it matter which industry it is? Just know that it isn't in your favorite past time, eating.

Guess what, if it doesn't matter what I say, then it doesn't matter what you say either, so please disregard anything I've said to you as I've already done to everything you've said to me.

Jimcs50
01-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Well, I could lie about how much money I make, much like you do, but I'll just keep it at the fact that I'm doing just fine.

By the way, who said I didn't go to class? Keep up bitch.

When have I ever lied about how much money I make?????

baseline bum
01-17-2008, 02:24 PM
Did you get a refund for the class? If not, it's complete horseshit.

Mandatory attendance is fucking retarded, IMO. Dropping you from the class is even more laughable.

I went to approximately 20% of my classes in college and I rarely took notes. The profs did nothing but outline the reading. If you can learn the material, what difference does it make when/where you learned it?

And going to the boring ass lectures wouldn't have made a difference in my GPA. Being more disciplined to actually study would have, but I chose to socialize instead.

'Twas the right decision.

The most worthless classes to attend are any ones in English or Literature; the professors never discuss anything remotely useful on exams. Instead of discussing the books, they blab about the time period and talk about other things they've read.

I've found about half of the professors of classes I've ever taken were worth listening to. Still, you don't want to miss out on the great ones because of laziness.

Jimcs50
01-17-2008, 03:47 PM
The most worthless classes to attend are any ones in English or Literature; the professors never discuss anything remotely useful on exams. Instead of discussing the books, they blab about the time period and talk about other things they've read.

I've found about half of the professors of classes I've ever taken were worth listening to. Still, you don't want to miss out on the great ones because of laziness.

I really liked almost every one of my profs in college and never missed a class, which was totally out of character of me considering my highschool history :)

Shelly
01-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Well, since Jimbo's a dentist and dentists make good jack, I'd say Jimbo is doing pretty well for himself.

Jim, You promised me you'd pay off my husband's student loans. I'm still waiting...

Jimcs50
01-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Well, since Jimbo's a dentist and dentists make good jack, I'd say Jimbo is doing pretty well for himself.

Jim, You promised me you'd pay off my husband's student loans. I'm still waiting...

Have we consummated the deal yet????

:p:

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-17-2008, 04:12 PM
When have I ever lied about how much money I make?????

Truth or lies, it doesn't matter. Bringing up, or asking someone, how much money you/they make in dollar amounts is a form of douchbaggery. It rarely, if ever, is relevant in a normal conversation.

No one cares and it makes people think, well, you're a douchebag.

BTW, I clock ten Gs a week boomin' at my peak.

But ain't no future in yo' frontin'.

resistanze
01-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Mandatory attendance is some bullshit, unless the class is a seminar. You already have my money, leave me alone. But I've actually ended up skipping more science classes than I did for my humanities electives.

I mean shit, if the prof is gonna copy calculus equations from the textbook, I might as well stay home.

At least when I took Ancient Greek history, the prof literally narrated the textbook with his on twist, saving me the cash of buying.

Still, knowing about mandatory attendance and still getting yourself dropped is pretty dumb.

katyon6th
01-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Truth or lies, it doesn't matter. Bringing up, or asking someone, how much money you/they make in dollar amounts is a form of douchbaggery. It rarely, if ever, is relevant in a normal conversation.

No one cares and it makes people think, well, you're a douchebag.

BTW, I clock ten Gs a week boomin' at my peak.

But ain't no future in yo' frontin'.

Word.

Discussing your annual income should be reserved for douchebags. Douchebags with small penises.

Jimcs50
01-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Word.

Discussing your annual income should be reserved for douchebags. Douchebags with small penises.

I do not think John Smith brought up his income, he just said that he does ok with what education he had and I said that if he went to class, he might make more.

Jimcs50
01-17-2008, 08:07 PM
so...katy likes big cocks?

I think it looks like she would rather have a big cock than a new Lexus every year, and a huge house on the ocean front.

:p:

johnsmith
01-17-2008, 10:32 PM
I do not think John Smith brought up his income, he just said that he does ok with what education he had and I said that if he went to class, he might make more.

Is your practice as bad as your jokes?

johnsmith
01-17-2008, 10:33 PM
Seriously Jim, you should go focus on not knowing anything about sports and focus less on trying to be hilarious.

cherylsteele
01-18-2008, 04:48 AM
What does it matter which industry it is? Just know that it isn't in your favorite past time, eating.

Guess what, if it doesn't matter what I say, then it doesn't matter what you say either, so please disregard anything I've said to you as I've already done to everything you've said to me.
Hey, I am not the one who generalized that all college professors were/are bad, just because you didn't get anything out of your professors doesn't mean other don't. Not all professors are worthless educators. That is why I called you out in the first place. I am sorry if you had professors and instructors who you thought weren't worth anything.

You also mentioned that all San Antonio women are fat, I guess that includes your wife since she lives in San Antonio, if you want to lump us all together.

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Hey, I am not the one who generalized that all college professors were/are bad, just because you didn't get anything out of your professors doesn't mean other don't. Not all professors are worthless educators. That is why I called you out in the first place. I am sorry if you had professors and instructors who you thought weren't worth anything.

You also mentioned that all San Antonio women are fat, I guess that includes your wife since she lives in San Antonio, if you want to lump us all together.

Easy there tubby, we live outside of SA.

Second of all, didn't you "call me out" by blindly speculating things about me? What does that say about you? If you are going to "call someone out", then at least be creative about it. Furthermore, when did we say that the instructors didn't think I was "worth anything".........wait, you were just speculating again. Do you ever tire of being wrong?

I'll tell you what, channel the energy you use to not come up with clever quips and go to the gym more and whatasize everything a little less.

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 09:57 AM

I just noticed when you posted that. Were you awake for your late night snack?

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 10:02 AM
Is your practice as bad as your jokes?

That was not a joke attempt...how in the hell can you even ascertain that it was?????

My practice is doing quite well thankyou. Just had our best year by more than 12% thankyou.

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Seriously Jim, you should go focus on not knowing anything about sports and focus less on trying to be hilarious.

I might have loser football teams, but I do know more about sports than you, from what I have seen.

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 10:28 AM
I might have loser football teams, but I do know more about sports than you, from what I have seen.

Yes, that is clearly evident from your "lock of the year" threads.

Dumbass.

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 10:36 AM
Yes, that is clearly evident from your "lock of the year" threads.

Dumbass.

Who is the dumbass?? If you took those as serious, you must have the IQ of a gnat.

Soul_Patch
01-18-2008, 10:41 AM
I could never see sitting through a class when all the professor woul do would be to open the book and put it on the over head slide, and read it to us...

i can do that shit at home...which i did, and passed the tests...

Not all classes are like that mind you, but there was a stretch there that the majority were, and i rarely attended anything but test days.

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 10:48 AM
I could never see sitting through a class when all the professor woul do would be to open the book and put it on the over head slide, and read it to us...

i can do that shit at home...which i did, and passed the tests...

Not all classes are like that mind you, but there was a stretch there that the majority were, and i rarely attended anything but test days.

I have never ever had a prof teach that way. What college is this? I would ask for a refund if I had a prof teach in such a manner.

CuckingFunt
01-18-2008, 10:54 AM
I took a statistics class last semester that consisted of a large lecture class twice a week and a small group session on Fridays. The ONLY reason to attend the lecture portion of the class was to get the five daily attendance points. That's it -- the lecture itself was fairly short and was taken from the text almost word for word.

It was fucking frustrating.

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Who is the dumbass?? If you took those as serious, you must have the IQ of a gnat.

Dumbass, sarcasm doesn't come through real well via the internet. I open your shitty ass threads, see who you pick, then laugh at you when you're wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME.

So should I not take anything you write on here serious anymore?

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Seriously though, Jim knows nothing in regards to sports.

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Seriously though, Jim knows nothing in regards to sports.

I have forgotten more about sports than you will ever know.

clich'e, but true.

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 11:58 AM
I have forgotten more about sports than you will ever know.

cliche', but true.

No, no it's not true.

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
No, no it's not true.

yes yes it is

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Way to go back and edit clich'e by the way.

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 12:01 PM
let's have a contest

someone ask a question, and we will see who knows the answer.....no cheating by looking up the answers....

johnsmith
yes yes it is

See, here is the difference. You have proven on this very website, time and time again that your sports knowledge is terrible. You most likely never played a sport either.

Therefore, you are wrong, I am right, and you are a douche bag as well.

Jimcs50
Way to go back and edit clich'e by the way.

thanks.

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 12:02 PM
How many metric tons does jim's wife weigh?

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 12:02 PM
See, here is the difference. You have proven on this very website, time and time again that your sports knowledge is terrible. You most likely never played a sport either.

Therefore, you are wrong, I am right, and you are a douche bag as well.

I have played more sports than you will ever play too....why do you insist on name calling, anyway?

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 12:03 PM
I have played more sports than you will ever play too....why do you insist on name calling, anyway?

I played D-1 baseball and football, that's about the best I can do.

You?

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Does it make you feel empowered to call people names? Are you over compensating for certain inadequacies?

Melmart1
01-18-2008, 12:05 PM
OK, let's get the measurements under way and solve this once and for all, boys :rolleyes

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 12:07 PM

You?

You got me there.

Highschool football and basketball.

Intramural college sports, soccer, tennis, football and basketball only.....ok, you are more studly...I will give you that.

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
OK, let's get the measurements under way and solve this once and for all, boys :rolleyes

no need...his is bigger....D1 sports wins.....

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 12:09 PM
I, on the other hand have gotten more pussy in my lifetime, of that I am sure.

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 12:41 PM
I, on the other hand have gotten more pussy in my lifetime, of that I am sure.

Hey, whatever lies you have to tell yourself so that you can sleep better at night.

Who am I to judge?

Bitch
01-18-2008, 03:32 PM
I am right, and you are a douche bag as well.

do you seriously think you're not a douchebag?

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 03:54 PM

Yes bitch, yes.

DarkReign
01-18-2008, 04:50 PM
This is quickly becoming a classic.

:lmao

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey, whatever lies you have to tell yourself so that you can sleep better at night.

Who am I to judge?

duh!!! What did I say??? How can I sleep better when I am always getting pussy.

:rolleyes

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 04:57 PM

His full name is John Massengill Smith.

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 05:09 PM
duh!!! What did I say??? How can I sleep better when I am always getting pussy.

Your wife and the 16 year old office assistants that you statutorily rape don't count.

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 05:10 PM
His full name is John Massengill Smith.

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Your wife and the 16 year old office assistants that you statutorily rape don't count.

rape is no joking matter, asshole.

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 05:15 PM
I think if we took a poll, you would probably be the biggest prick in the forum....congrats.

CuckingFunt
01-18-2008, 05:18 PM

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 05:18 PM
I think if we took a poll, you would probably be the biggest prick in the forum....congrats.

Well, if it's similar to your sports predictions......you'd be wrong.

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Well, if it's similar to your sports predictions......you'd be wrong.

I think you would make the top 3, at least....still quite impressive.....congrats again.

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 05:26 PM
I think you would make the top 3, at least....still quite impressive.....congrats again.

So are we done here?

Jimcs50
01-18-2008, 05:38 PM
So are we done here?

No, I am sure that we have many years to come of trying to get each other's goat....so to speak.

cherylsteele
01-18-2008, 11:42 PM
This blanket statement is why I said something, you brought it up in the first place, and instead of an intelligent, mature repsonse, you call me (and others)
ass clowns.

I just noticed when you posted that. Were you awake for your late night snack?
Actually I just got off work...(midnight).

johnsmith
01-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Actually I just got off work...(midnight).

I thought all nude, BYOB strip clubs were open until 2?

Learn something new everyday.

DarkReign
01-19-2008, 04:01 PM
I dont care whose feelings are being hurt in this thread, Im :lmao with every new entry.

Please dont end...

cherylsteele
01-19-2008, 08:07 PM
I thought all nude, BYOB strip clubs were open until 2?

Learn something new everyday.
Now why would you know information like this unless you are hanging out at one? Must be because you're not getting any from the wife because all you probably do is insult her. Like you do everyone in the forum.

Actually, I work at TW video tech support, if you must know.

v2freak
01-19-2008, 08:43 PM

This has always been my view as well. But if the teachers really care, then the best thing to do is to just show up

johnsmith
01-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Now why would you know information like this unless you are hanging out at one? Must be because you're not getting any from the wife because all you probably do is insult her. Like you do everyone in the forum.

Actually, I work at TW video tech support, if you must know.

Hmmm, I don't recall asking, or caring where you work for that matter.

And you're right, my online personality is identical to my real one. I go around all day long calling my coworkers ass clowns, inslulting their wives, and making fun of how fat you........errrrrrr........they are.

Geez you're an idiot.

01-20-2008, 04:02 PM

You?

Pics or it didn't happen.

Lance
01-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Now that the TRoll forum is password protected topics like these (johnsmith infected) have no choice but to stay in the club. :lmao

johnsmith
01-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

So be it.

Johnsmith doesn't post pics of himself on the internets

johnsmith
01-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Now that the TRoll forum is password protected topics like these (johnsmith infected) have no choice but to stay in the club. :lmao

I've been coming to the club for a hair over a year now just for the sole purpose of pissing people off. I don't like the Spurs, I'm not a fan of San Antonio in general, so what other reason would I come to this site?
My point being that it doesn't have anything to do with the troll forum being protected.

01-20-2008, 08:10 PM
So be it.

Aww, c'mon "Rocket", you can't at least post a roster?

Jimcs50
01-20-2008, 08:38 PM
So be it.

Duh, I think even the internet has some standards.

bostonguy
01-23-2008, 11:04 AM

They get paid to research. That's it. They dont have to teach it where the students understand it. They just have to research and know what they are talking about.