PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Cheese move in basketball

Thunder Dan
01-15-2008, 10:39 PM
This was the only video I could find, the song is annoying. But does anyone remember Ricky Davis creating his triple double by doing this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MezCclCSjNw

Findog
01-15-2008, 10:43 PM
He didn't get the triple-double if I remember correctly. You can't get a rebound shooting at your own basket.

mavs>spurs2
01-15-2008, 10:46 PM
He didn't get the triple-double if I remember correctly. You can't get a rebound shooting at your own basket.

They went back and waived it because it was obviously intentional, but you can get a rebound shooting at your own basket. It's called an offensive rebound lol.

dallaskd
01-15-2008, 10:46 PM
wtf is up with the end of the video?

dallaskd
01-15-2008, 10:47 PM
They went back and waived it because it was obviously intentional, but you can get a rebound shooting at your own basket. It's called an offensive rebound lol.

defensive rebound

Hemotivo
01-15-2008, 11:15 PM
i remember that game

classic ricky

Cry Havoc
01-15-2008, 11:21 PM
defensive rebound

uh, no there, smart guy. A defensive rebound is when you get the ball off a missed shot at the -other- team's basket.

Offensive means you are on the OFFENSIVE when you get the rebound.

Just curious, newbie. Have you ever actually watched a game? Or do you just picture the men glistening in their muscled jerseys and rub one out?

exstatic
01-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Somebody needs to call NBA stats and have them remove about 1/3 of Moses Malone's rebounds then. His specialty was to intentionally snub the first shot off the bottom of the rim, directly back to himself, and then put the second one in. Definitely an easy way to get into the top 3-5 in rebounding every year.

Findog
01-15-2008, 11:27 PM
Somebody needs to call NBA stats and have them remove about 1/3 of Moses Malone's rebounds then. His specialty was to intentionally snub the first shot off the bottom of the rim, directly back to himself, and then put the second one in. Definitely an easy way to get into the top 3-5 in rebounding every year.

I thought the basket a team is defending is considered "their" basket. Therefore, you can't be credited with a rebound if you secure a missed shot that you attempted at that basket. Which is what Ricky did.

m33p0
01-15-2008, 11:32 PM
http://valiante.plugnpay.com/scstore/graphics/DunceCapLarge.jpg
seems appropriate

dave
01-15-2008, 11:52 PM
correct me if im wrong (i didnt watch the vid, but remember the watching the play live)

but didn't he bounce the ball off the basket his team is defending, thus making it a "defensive rebound"?

themvp
01-15-2008, 11:53 PM

What? It's Corky Buchek's famous Bing Bang Song. Everyone knows it!

Classic move by Ricky :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Bob Sura did the same thing a few years ago. I think the league then revoked his last rebound, making it a meager double double and nine rebound game.

ambchang
01-16-2008, 12:08 AM
Ricky Davis should be the first and only person to do it in the NBA. The reason he was not credited with the rebound was not because it was intentional and he was trying to get the triple double, it was because it was not a shot when he shot at his own basket.

A player shooting at his own basket is not a shot. If that shot happens to go in (ie, accidental tip-ins), the opponent closest to the basket gets credit for the FG.

What happened to Bob Sura was that he shot at an opponent's basket and "missed", the league simply said that wasn't even a shot and his sole intention is to grab the "rebound", much like how a player passing off the back board is credited with an assist rather than a missed shot.

Medvedenko
01-16-2008, 01:05 AM
douche move....and yes WTF was up with end of that vid....

Fillmoe
01-16-2008, 01:41 AM
best song ever!

Vinny Del Negro
01-16-2008, 03:12 AM
anyone else remember anthony bowie doing this, and doug collins making his team stand in the corner? fucking priceless. :elephant

oligarchy
01-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Just curious, newbie. Have you ever actually watched a game? Or do you just picture the men glistening in their muscled jerseys and rub one out?

Thanks Dr. Cox

Ronaldo McDonald
01-16-2008, 01:08 PM
the look on sloan's face is just priceless.

Thunder Dan
01-16-2008, 03:03 PM

I don't know it's really weird

Thunder Dan
01-16-2008, 04:14 PM
also, I think this missed shot was at the Jazz's basket not the Cavs'. Look at how they inbound it and the defense, that is how it looks. I was actually at the game and left early so I didn't see it

TheNextGen
01-16-2008, 04:32 PM
not an offensive or defensive rebound..who the hell shoots at an oppsing players basket.

Thunder Dan
01-16-2008, 08:39 PM
not an offensive or defensive rebound..who the hell shoots at an oppsing players basket.

Ricky Davis did, thats what makes it so funny