PDA

View Full Version : Farting in the workplace - rights vs responsibilities

Extra Stout
01-15-2008, 11:44 PM
Which is more important, the right of workers to fart in the workplace, or the rights of other workers to stench-free air in their workplace?

Put another way, is your right to fart in the workplace more important than your responsibility not to impose that stench upon your colleagues?

midgetonadonkey
01-15-2008, 11:46 PM
I fart when I need to fart. Fuck anyone else.

Steve Irwin
01-15-2008, 11:47 PM
youre an idiot if you don't know how to make just one of the same.

Extra Stout
01-15-2008, 11:50 PM
youre an idiot if you don't know how to post in the right thread.

tlongII
01-15-2008, 11:56 PM
Silent farts rule.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Which is more important, the right of workers to fart in the workplace, or the rights of other workers to stench-free air in their workplace?

Put another way, is your right to fart in the workplace more important than your responsibility not to impose that stench upon your colleagues?

Why are you taking the piss? I put up the poll because I really want to know what Americans think. I mean, in Australia it's not even an issue - people understand that passive smoking causes cancer, and that it can trigger asthma attacks, so smokers go outside to smoke. It's a national law, and people have adjusted to it with minimal upset.

midgetonadonkey
01-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Why are you taking the piss? I put up the poll because I really want to know what Americans think. I mean, in Australia it's not even an issue - people understand that passive smoking causes cancer, and that it can trigger asthma attacks, so smokers go outside to smoke. It's a national law, and people have adjusted to it with minimal upset.

Australians sound like a bunch of pussies to me.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-16-2008, 01:12 AM
Australians sound like a bunch of pussies to me.

Yeah, because only pussies make rational decisions.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-16-2008, 01:32 AM
Well, I feel like one has a responsibility to himself as well.

The health effects of ripping are well documented and can not be overlooked.

Kriz-Maxima
01-16-2008, 02:46 AM
Whomever farts in front of me losses a vital part of his body.

Cry Havoc
01-16-2008, 02:53 AM

Yes, because farts and smoking are consistent analogies.

One is a NECESSARY body function to accommodate for air in the intestinal tract, and is inconsistent and released in extremely small quantities of gas. The other is a 99% voluntary addiction which is completely controllable and is produced in extremely large quantities per cigarette.

Your basis of comparison is absolutely warped and as inaccurate as it could possibly get. Everyone farts because it's a bodily function. Many people will NEVER smoke, because it's an VOLUNTARY ADDICTION. If you can't clearly see the difference, perhaps you shouldn't post on the subject?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-16-2008, 03:32 AM

One is a NECESSARY body function to accommodate for air in the intestinal tract, and is inconsistent and released in extremely small quantities of gas. The other is a 99% voluntary addiction which is completely controllable and is produced in extremely large quantities per cigarette.

Your basis of comparison is absolutely warped and as inaccurate as it could possibly get. Everyone farts because it's a bodily function. Many people will NEVER smoke, because it's an VOLUNTARY ADDICTION. If you can't clearly see the difference, perhaps you shouldn't post on the subject?

2-for-2! Cry Havoc, you are my new favourite club denizen! :tu :)

KEDA
01-16-2008, 05:50 AM
I fart when I need to fart. Fuck anyone else.

Preach on, reverend, preach on!

Extra Stout
01-16-2008, 09:45 AM
What exactly is the difference between having to smell a fart and getting cancer? They both suck.

Extra Stout
01-16-2008, 09:47 AM

Mexican food is a VOLUNTARY ADDICTION.

katyon6th
01-16-2008, 10:31 AM
I work with three men that think it's cute and funny to fart in the office. Luckily, I grew up with four brothers who thought it was cute and funny to pin me down on the floor, sit on my face and let one rip. So, I deal.

Sunshine
01-16-2008, 10:36 AM
The only time I compare farts to smoking is if someone asks if I mind if they smoke. My reply is "mind if I fart?"

And if you're going to fart in the workplace, do it right. Don't limit it to the confines of your office or workspace. When you feel a really bad one coming on, take the opportunity to meander through your office saying "hi" to your co-workers as you crop dust the office.

Extra Stout
01-16-2008, 10:43 AM
It really takes a lot to impregnate the carpeting and walls with fart odor the way you can with smoking, but with enough effort it can be done.

ashbeeigh
01-16-2008, 10:47 AM
The only time I compare farts to smoking is if someone asks if I mind if they smoke. My reply is "mind if I fart?"

And if you're going to fart in the workplace, do it right. Don't limit it to the confines of your office or workspace. When you feel a really bad one coming on, take the opportunity to meander through your office saying "hi" to your co-workers as you crop dust the office.

Does your co-worker fart a lot?

Sunshine
01-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Does your co-worker fart a lot?

Not the one I posted about, but another one does.

And when you saw me upstairs yesterday, I was crop-dusting. :lol

MrChug
01-16-2008, 12:03 PM
I should be allowed to cleanse my colon any place I please. If you see me in the office and I hand you a gas mask, affix it immediately. At least I'll do THAT for you...

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-16-2008, 12:26 PM
Women aren't supposed to fart got damnit!! :pctoss

They're just supposed to be little dolls made of china for me to look at and play with. They are to look hot...talk naughty to me...and nothing foul is allowed to be excreted from any orifice...ever.

I'm owed at least that much from you ladies...get with the program! :pctoss

PakiDan
01-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I Just Farted.

Shelly
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Women aren't supposed to fart got damnit!! :pctoss

They're just supposed to be little dolls made of china for me to look at and play with. They are to look hot...talk naughty to me...and nothing foul is allowed to be excreted from any orifice...ever.

I'm owed at least that much from you ladies...get with the program! :pctoss

Like I say...I live in a house full of testosterone. It's fair game. :nerd

FromWayDowntown
01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Can we get a poll on nose-picking in the workplace -- rights vs. responsibilities, too?

Condemned 2 HelLA
01-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Can we get a poll on nose-picking in the workplace -- rights vs. responsibilities, too?

You wanting to know if it's permissable to leave the booger sculptures on display on the desktops?

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Like I say...I live in a house full of testosterone. It's fair game. :nerd

Et tu, Brute? :depressed

I'm crushed.

SpursWoman
01-16-2008, 03:41 PM

I have no idea how I got "pole smoking in the workplace" out of that, but that's what I read at first glance. :drunk

Shelly
01-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Et tu, Brute? :depressed

I'm crushed.

:lol Sorry!

My mother still thinks that I need to go to charm school.

mrsmaalox
01-16-2008, 04:04 PM
I have no idea how I got "pole smoking in the workplace" out of that, but that's what I read at first glance. :drunk

Probably just wishful thinking; we all know "pole smoking" is very acceptable in the workplace! :lol

Cry Havoc
01-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Probably just wishful thinking; we all know "pole smoking" is very acceptable in the workplace! :lol

Encouraged, dear. Encouraged.

Pistons_In_7
01-17-2008, 11:51 AM
While we are on the subject, what doctor would i go to figure out why i have chronic gas? My girlfriend is about to leave me.... So who is that fart doctor?

MrChug
01-21-2008, 06:25 AM
Why is it that guys are so intrigued and deleriously drawn to "toilet humor". I farted and laughed so hard at the same time, I had to check myself reading these.

Sapphire
01-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Ooops, I just let one fly! Mine do not smell, though.

I grew up with 3 brothers, have been married twice (both times to men), and I have 2 sons. I've been surrounded by, no, engulfed in testosterone, all my life. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" has been my motto since the age of 3.

Would you like to hear me burp the alphabet, or perhaps light a fart on fire?

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Ooops, I just let one fly! Mine do not smell, though.

I grew up with 3 brothers, have been married twice (both times to men), and I have 2 sons. I've been surrounded by, no, engulfed in testosterone, all my life. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" has been my motto since the age of 3.

Would you like to hear me burp the alphabet, or perhaps light a fart on fire?

This thread is not good for my libido.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Please no pics.

Sapphire
01-21-2008, 12:39 PM
This thread is not good for my libido.

Wow, if you're looking to Spurstalk for libido help...........why don't you try a doctor instead? Maybe he will help explain to you that yes, women fart. :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
Especially of the "scratch and sniff" variety.

Sapphire
Please no pics.

OMG, are you 12? :lol :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Wow, if you're looking to Spurstalk for libido help...........why don't you try a doctor instead? Maybe he will help explain to you that yes, women fart. :lol

No they don't.....

Women aren't supposed to fart got damnit!!

I'm owed at least that much from you ladies...get with the program!

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2008, 12:44 PM

Whatever. Next lie to come out of your mouth is that women go "poo-poo" also.

Unacceptable.

Sapphire
01-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Whatever. Next lie to come out of your mouth is that women go "poo-poo" also.

Unacceptable.
Trust me, women are nasty little beings. That's why I hang out with dudes.

In the interest of your sex life, I'll stop there.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Trust me, women are nasty little beings. That's why I hang out with dudes.

In the interest of your sex life, I'll stop there.

Don't getting me wrong...I'm all for "nasty little beings."

It's the "big farting cows" that concern me.

Extra Stout
01-21-2008, 01:13 PM
It's the "big farting cows" that concern me.
They contribute to global warming. We all have observed this when we sit on a chair that is strangely warm after somebody else has sat on it.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2008, 01:24 PM
They contribute to global warming. We all have observed this when we sit on a chair that is strangely warm after somebody else has sat on it.

:lmao

I hope Saphire (and everyone else for that matter) knows my sarcasm. My sense of humor sometimes needs to be indentified properly I suppose. So know I'm just kidding around most of the time (even though humor is 90% based in truth).

I grew up in an old southern family where women never discussed "farting". In fact the "F" word isn't actually used in my home today....I'm still uncomfortable with a woman saying "fart".

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going out to have a hot tea on the terrace and watch Jeb preparing the fields for the spring planting. :tu

Extra Stout
01-21-2008, 01:29 PM
I grew up in an old southern family where women never discussed "farting". In fact the "F" word isn't actually used in my home today....I'm still uncomfortable with a woman saying "fart".

In antebellum times, women would just blame it on the dog.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2008, 01:40 PM
In antebellum times, women would just blame it on the dog.

That explains a lot. Mrs. Chopper and I need to talk.

Shelly
01-21-2008, 02:02 PM
In honor of the Chopster, I will now say that I flatuated instead.

It sounds more klassy.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2008, 02:09 PM
In honor of the Chopster, I will now say that I flatuated instead.

It sounds more klassy.

:lol

You're officially back in my "circle of trust". :tu

Sapphire
01-21-2008, 03:35 PM
And yes, I need to micturate rather than "go pee", and I need to "drop the kids off at the pool" rather than "poop."

And I am not a big farting cow. So :flipoff

Ronaldo McDonald
01-21-2008, 04:30 PM
i farted at work a couple months back. nobody was supposed to smell it, but of course nothing ever goes as planned for me and that wasn't the case. the reaction i saw from the person who smelled it is the kind of reaction i would expect to see from someone who just breathed in something toxic.

Hemotivo
01-21-2008, 05:55 PM

mrsmaalox
01-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Anyone who farts around me better expect one great big projectile vomit in return!:vomit:

Sapphire
01-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Anyone who farts around me better expect one great big projectile vomit in return!:vomit:
You must puke all day! People are constantly emitting gas. And if you live with any males, especially any under the age of 13, you are going to look bulimic.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2008, 08:31 PM
right to fart.

Ginofan
01-21-2008, 08:37 PM
I think it depends on your type of work. If you've got a laid back friendly and close knit type of work-family...I say go for it.

But if you work with a bunch of snippity prim and proper people...better to take it to the bathroom or take a stroll outside for a bit.

mrsmaalox
01-21-2008, 08:38 PM
You must puke all day! People are constantly emitting gas. And if you live with any males, especially any under the age of 13, you are going to look bulimic.
Okay I'll change that: If I am aware of anyone farting in my presence...And yes I have 3 males in my household and they are well aware of the consequences of farting anywhere in our home but in the bathroom with the door closed. Sorry but it's the only thing I'm "anal" about! lol

MrChug
01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
It's odd, but this type of talk is making my stomach tighten. May I release please? I'm at Crabby Jack's with some friends. We're switching between Fantasy Football/Basketball/and farting while they take a bite...

CuckingFunt
01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
It's odd, but this type of talk is making my stomach tighten. May I release please? I'm at Crabby Jack's with some friends. We're switching between Fantasy Football/Basketball/and farting while they take a bite...That takes timing and precision.

atxrocker
01-22-2008, 08:30 PM
i still get turned off when girls fart. it's just not right.

Kriz-Maxima
01-22-2008, 08:34 PM
We are not dolls, fart we must. Health first.

phyzik
01-22-2008, 08:58 PM
I fart all the time at work... but its OK. I sit next to an obscenely fat lady that eats Hungry Man for lunch and says she's on a diet.... I just blame them on her.

bendmz
01-22-2008, 09:10 PM
my 10 year old grandson says," It's better to fart and bear the shame, than not to fart and bear the pain".

Shelly
01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
my 10 year old grandson says," It's better to fart and bear the shame, than not to fart and bear the pain".

:lol smart kid!

bostonguy
01-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Don't getting me wrong...I'm all for "nasty little beings."

Watch the 2 girls 1 cup video and I think you will change your mind quickly on that comment.