PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Pop?

Walton Buys Off Me
01-02-2005, 10:07 PM
Losing it completely on Manu- somewhat justified albeit.

Not playing Rose until the 11:52 mark of the second.

Removing Barry after two minutes.

Putting in Massenburg and Rose at the end of half and basically handing the Kings two points.

Did Pop not get what he wanted for Christmas?

IceColdBrewski
01-02-2005, 10:21 PM

Putting in Massenburg and Rose at the end of half and basically handing the Kings two points.

Sounds like typical Pop to me. He has never been known for his patience.

ducks
01-02-2005, 10:23 PM
no that would be you are not known for your patience not pop

slayermin
01-02-2005, 10:25 PM
The guys are playing lacksadaisical. I really don't see any fire out there.

I think Pop is trying to motivate these guys.

missmyzte
01-02-2005, 10:26 PM
I was a little surprised to see Devin Brown in on the first rotation instead of Brent Barry and Horry got in earlier than usual. Pop has been going balistic the past few games, once against Devin Brown, today against Ginobili and the past 2 games against refs.

Walton Buys Off Me
01-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Be nice if Duncan gave us something

When Rasho is outplaying you, then you need to take a long look in the mirror.

Brodels
01-02-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm not sure that he's going about it the right way, but there have been games (and there will be more) when Pop has had to fight his team's complacency.

Aside from staying healthy, the most important thing the Spurs can do is to avoid complacency. It's bound to happen with the quick start they've had, but it could cost them if it happens to much. They've played well so far this season, but we've already seen a few stretches where it has been a problem.

They need to bring fire and aggressiveness each and every night. They can't understimate opponents.

If they do that and stay healthy, there is no reason why they can't win 60 games and do very well in the playoffs.

Health and complacency are both very hard to control, but Pop is simply doing what he can to control the latter before it sets in. I don't know if he's going about it the right way, but I applaud him for recognizing.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2005, 10:44 PM
Um, if you're fighting complacency, try playing your energy guys off the bench.

Two minutes from Brent tonight is a damn joke.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-02-2005, 10:49 PM

He missed you posting on the board.

slayermin
01-02-2005, 10:53 PM
It's been a very physical game. Pop realizes that and he is doing what he can to squeeze out a win. Manu has played well since being chewed out. I am not saying it's the right way to coach but that's Pop.

ducks
01-02-2005, 11:21 PM
rasho has 12 boards he seemed effective
could have played him more

Nikos
01-02-2005, 11:23 PM
Pop was stupid tonight. He should have used Barry more.

Bowen was 1-8 and Peja was scoring all his points off picks and broken plays (loose balls that bounced the Kings way leading to an open Peja).

The Spurs needed more offense, the Kings did not exactly play a great game on either end.

This was a winnable game.

whottt
01-02-2005, 11:24 PM
Ice Cold Brewski, you suck ass bitch, y ou are a total no show while Parker is tearing it up and then you show up on his one bad night...you suck.

boutons
01-02-2005, 11:25 PM
neither team had any fire, Peja won it by himself, plus incredibly stupid, weak play by the Spurs, esp Tony and Tim.

TwoHandJam
01-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Pop was stupid tonight. He should have used Barry more.

Bowen was 1-8 and Peja was scoring all his points off picks and broken plays (loose balls that bounced the Kings way leading to an open Peja).

The Spurs needed more offense, the Kings did not exactly play a great game on either end.

This was a winnable game.
That's what made it so maddening. I really thought Tony had turned a corner where he would give us something even if he had a bad game. I can't fathom why he refused to penetrate the freaking Kings interior defense. It's the Kings, please!

And Tim, well he was just hideous tonight. I hope he was really ill because he sure played like it.

whottt
01-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Pop again fucked with the rotation in a big game...no idea what is going on with him, to his credit, he did go to Barry in a crucial time of this game...and guess what...Barry showed the clutchness he has had all season long.

This time Pop punked Malik out of his minutes instead of Horry..

And too much fucking 4 down in the 4th.

And Bowen did not justify his minutes tonight...I could actually live with the bad D on Peja if he didn't think he was MJ and put it on the floor every time he gets the ball.

Also, our FT shooting sucked.. we win if we are having an average night.

T Park
01-02-2005, 11:32 PM
This time Pop punked Malik out of his minutes instead of Horry..

who do you take minutes away from, Rasho or Duncan???

There is only so many goddamn minutes.

Switch Ginobili onto Peja and play Barry, bowen was pathetic.

WTF WITH NO MINUTES FOR RASHO IN THE 4tH!?!?!?!

Rasho having a great night, and playing good D on Miller and gets no minutes???

Also, it seemed for Parker and GInobili it was one of those nights.

One of Ginobili's shots rattled about 10 times around the rim and didnt go in.

Same with one of Rasho's shots and alot of others.

BTW, nice blown call at the end of the game with the tie up on Stoyokovic.

T Park
01-02-2005, 11:33 PM
Putting in Massenburg and Rose at the end of half and basically handing the Kings two points

its called two of your better big men coming out so they dont get another foul,

but you would understand that.

GoSpurs21
01-02-2005, 11:41 PM

Two minutes from Brent tonight is a damn joke.and in 12 min he attempts 2 shots while playing substandard defense...yea thats the kinda of energy we need...hey barry stop with the deer in the headlights act its getting old

Tim going 6-17 from the field and 2-6 fts is the reason we lost. Tim is supposed to be go to (MVP) guy. Looked more like lame ass KG tonight.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Substandard D? He had at least one steal, tell me what exactly Devin or even Bowen did at the other end besides getting lit up by Peja.

Peja had a season high in threes tonight, but you're ragging on Brent's defense? That's some good shit you're smoking.

ducks
01-02-2005, 11:45 PM
peja got his points on broken plays

GoSpurs21
01-02-2005, 11:47 PM
Substandard D? He had at least one steal, tell me what exactly Devin or even Bowen did at the other end besides getting lit up by Peja.

Peja had a season high in threes tonight, but you're ragging on Brent's defense? That's some good shit you're smoking.Barry not getting more minutes is not the reason we lost

I glad he didnt get more minute he didnt do shit with the time he got

while the 17 min Devin got he didnt do much better he played better defense

Bruce sucked ass on D and O

but the reason we lost is Timmy played like he was tired and thinking too much. When Tim goes 6-17 and the Spurs shot 39% we are not going win often on the road

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2005, 11:55 PM
When Barry started the fourth, we were down 5. When he was taken out, it was tied up. So I'll have to disagree that he "didn't do shit with the time he got."

peja got his points on broken plays

If you call Sacramento setting screens to free him up from Bowen/Devin, then yeah they killed us with broken plays.

T Park
01-02-2005, 11:59 PM
only broken play I saw was the luck ass shot Brad Miller hit.

SequSpur
01-02-2005, 11:59 PM
:lol

Beno in the fourth = Victory!

whottt
01-03-2005, 12:00 AM
Barry not getting more minutes is not the reason we lost

That's what the haters say...after every loss.

Put up or shut up. Look at our record when Barry doesn't get minutes, look at our TO's...look at our offensive stagnation.

whottt
01-03-2005, 12:02 AM
When Barry started the fourth, we were down 5. When he was taken out, it was tied up. So I'll have to disagree that he "didn't do shit with the time he got."

It's also tough for him to get as many shots running 4 down every time down the court.

And the ratio of succes for 4 down was like 2-10...

You know, the same as it has been every year since 2000. It worked well in 98-99 and it hasn't worked worth a flip since.

Solid D
01-03-2005, 12:06 AM
There was a Gremlin on the rim.

http://www.tzworld.com/nightmareat2000016.JPGhttp://www.tzworld.com/nightmareat200003.JPG

Solid D
01-03-2005, 12:08 AM
and curious events that cannot be explained.

http://www.tzworld.com/nightmareat200006.JPG

Solid D
01-03-2005, 12:10 AM
It was a frustrating night...

http://www.tzworld.com/nightmareat2000010.JPG

Solid D
01-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Everyone just needs to get some rest and relax.

http://www.tzworld.com/nightmareat2000019.JPG

GoSpurs21
01-03-2005, 12:21 AM
hopefully the Spurs will take out their frustration on the lakers on tuesday

Rick Von Braun
01-03-2005, 02:06 AM
Bowen played so badly that I find very difficult to justify 32 minutes on the floor. Pop should have played Barry more instead of Bowen. We should have played Beno, Manu, Barry, Horry and TD in the final 5 minutes tonight.

whottt
01-03-2005, 03:28 AM
Start Devin and let the 33 year olds come off the bench. Let's not replay the 01 season....Save Barry and especially Bowen for the post season.

Brodels
01-03-2005, 10:16 AM

Two minutes from Brent tonight is a damn joke.

I don't disagree and I also feel that Barry should get some more burn, but playing Barry isn't going to fix everything.

Barry needs to play, but there are other problems too.