PDA

View Full Version : Re: Chris Duel--worthless Dumb Executives At Ktsa

Man of Steel
01-16-2008, 05:39 AM
Man--the news that KTSA is removing Chris Duel from its line-up hit me like a ton of bricks.

And to make matters worse--he is going to train his replacement, another out of town schmuck who will lack Chris' local style--bringing both local and national issues to listeners with his own great style.

What is the fuck with these dumb fuckers at KTSA? If ratings are the problem--maybe these ass holes should consider other factors. They lead-in to Chris' show with really boring national hosts who could easily replace ambien and whose topics are about as interesting as watching paint dry.

Hey you fucking dopes--years ago, David Stockman was said to know the price of everything and the value of NOTHING. No description will ever come close to you dumb fuckers.

They will probably bring in the new guy by paying him pennies on the dollar. Great. Another out of towner who has no historical ties to San Antonio.

I am pissed as shit at this news and I intend to write these assholes and give them a piece of my mind. It may not make a difference. But as least I'll have the ability to really rant at these worthless, piece of shit dumb fucks whose heads are so completely up their asses that they breathe through they nostrils.

Chris--I will follow you on your new gig. I know it will be impossible to take this change without feeling negative.

But you never know. God works in mysterious ways. This may bring you attention to national executives who will recognize your talents and make you another Jim Rhome.

Still--this will not let the dumb asses at KTSA off the hook for their stupid ass decisions.

Hey KTSA new owners--do us a favor--SELL THIS STATION AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF SAN ANTONIO!

Man of Steel.

January 15, 2008
Chris Duel loses KTSA show

Next month, KTSA's "Chris Duel Show" will be history.

The longtime radio talk host is losing the KTSA afternoon talk show that he's poured his heart and soul into over the years.

BMP Radio has brought in a news-sports figure from a radio station in the Rio Grande Valley -- named Jeff Koch -- to take over that 4-to-7 p.m. show.

Duel is being moved to S.A.'s new ESPN radio affiliate -- 1250 AM, tagged "The Zone" -- which BMP is launching Feb. 4.

Duel will co-anchor the evening show from 5 to 7 p.m. with Jason Minnix, formerly a Saturday morning sports host on KLUP-AM here.

Duel said he'll make the announcement to his listeners at the top of the 5 p.m. hour on his KTSA show today. He'll then bring in Minnix and introduce him.

chrisduel.jpg

Mark Landis, BMP Radio's director of programming (for English-language stations here), said the new host will sit in with Duel for a while until Duel waves goodbye to his talk show on Feb. 1.

Listeners can get a feel for Koch, whom Landis describes as having a "fresh and exciting new perspective," when he subs for the vacationing Trey Wares on KTSA's morning show next week. Landis said Koch was an award-winning presence at KURV-AM in McAllen, where he's served as newsman, sportscaster and afternoon drive host.

Landis said Duel's ratings -- which he described as "up and down" -- weren't a factor in the move.

Always a trouper and team player, Duel said of his upcoming KZDC sports gig: "It's a new challenge. I'll greet the new show and new role with enthusiasm and do my best to support it."

Though Duel did his darnedest to sound happy, it's no secret the guy's dream-come-true was becoming part of San Antonio's general talk world of radio eight years ago.

The S.A. native got his big break eight years ago, when he was hired at WOAI. He spent four years as co-host of WOAI's afternoon show, before getting yanked.

KTSA scooped him up as soon as he was free from his six-month non-compete agreement at WOAI. He hosted "The Chris Duel Show" for the past 3 1/2 years.

Mark Landis said Duel is upbeat about his new sports post. He said it's not a demotion for Duel -- though he couldn't comment on whether it would mean a cut in pay for the KTSA talk host.

Upbeat, maybe. Duel always tries to make the most of what comes his way. However, as the radio-TV columnist who's gotten to know Duel's fervor when it comes to politics and other newsy topics, I can guarantee this: Losing his talk forum in a presidential election year must be breaking his heart.

HEY KTSA DUMBASSES--

GET A CLUE

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o149/louienapsack/random/notsmart.jpg

Nbadan
01-16-2008, 05:49 AM
If this is true, this is the last time I want to hear so-called 'conservative' justify a stations broadcasting 'all-wingnut all the-time' line-up with excuses about ratings and the all mighty dollar....TSA was nothing without Chris Duel and will be nothing again if he leaves...so it is written....so it..

wrench
01-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Chris needs a break from all the radio BS. Maybe now he will do more stand up! :tu

Taco
01-16-2008, 08:52 AM
This Sucks :(

KEDA
01-16-2008, 09:30 AM
I believe he is moving to the new ESPN station isn't he?

degenerate_gambler
01-16-2008, 09:46 AM
I believe he is moving to the new ESPN station isn't he?

yep...5-7pm

MoSpur
01-16-2008, 10:00 AM
I am sure he will get more listeners at ESPN

PakiDan
01-16-2008, 10:05 AM
This Seems Like A Positive Move. He Himself Confessed That He Preferred The Days Of Working With The Spurs. He Will Now Be Working As A Spoorts Talk Show Host Directly Under The Pinnacle Of Sports Broadcasting, Espn. He Doesn't Even Have To Move Buildings. Tell Me Again, How This Sucks?

Taco
01-16-2008, 12:40 PM
This Seems Like A Positive Move. He Himself Confessed That He Preferred The Days Of Working With The Spurs. He Will Now Be Working As A Spoorts Talk Show Host Directly Under The Pinnacle Of Sports Broadcasting, Espn. He Doesn't Even Have To Move Buildings. Tell Me Again, How This Sucks?

wow great!!!!

I hope they will stream on the internet

Taco
01-16-2008, 12:46 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/jakle06/

Chris Duel loses KTSA show
Next month, KTSA's "Chris Duel Show" will be history.

The longtime radio talk host is losing the KTSA afternoon talk show that he's poured his heart and soul into over the years.

BMP Radio has brought in a news-sports figure from a radio station in the Rio Grande Valley -- named Jeff Koch -- to take over that 4-to-7 p.m. show.

Duel is being moved to S.A.'s new ESPN radio affiliate -- 1250 AM, tagged "The Zone" -- which BMP is launching Feb. 4.
Duel will co-anchor the evening show from 5 to 7 p.m. with Jason Minnix, formerly a Saturday morning sports host on KLUP-AM here.

Duel said he'll make the announcement to his listeners at the top of the 5 p.m. hour on his KTSA show today. He'll then bring in Minnix and introduce him.

Mark Landis, BMP Radio's director of programming (for English-language stations here), said the new host will sit in with Duel for a while until Duel waves goodbye to his talk show on Feb. 1.

Listeners can get a feel for Koch, whom Landis describes as having a "fresh and exciting new perspective," when he subs for the vacationing Trey Wares on KTSA's morning show next week. Landis said Koch was an award-winning presence at KURV-AM in McAllen, where he's served as newsman, sportscaster and afternoon drive host.

Landis said Duel's ratings -- which he described as "up and down" -- weren't a factor in the move.

Always a trouper and team player, Duel said of his upcoming KZDC sports gig: "It's a new challenge. I'll greet the new show and new role with enthusiasm and do my best to support it."

Though Duel did his darnedest to sound happy, it's no secret the guy's dream-come-true was becoming part of San Antonio's general talk world of radio eight years ago.

The S.A. native got his big break eight years ago, when he was hired at WOAI. He spent four years as co-host of WOAI's afternoon show, before getting yanked.

KTSA scooped him up as soon as he was free from his six-month non-compete agreement at WOAI. He hosted "The Chris Duel Show" for the past 3 1/2 years.

Mark Landis said Duel is upbeat about his new sports post. He said it's not a demotion for Duel -- though he couldn't comment on whether it would mean a cut in pay for the KTSA talk host.

Upbeat, maybe. Duel always tries to make the most of what comes his way. However, as the radio-TV columnist who's gotten to know Duel's fervor when it comes to politics and other newsy topics, I can guarantee this: Losing his talk forum in a presidential election year must be breaking his heart.

T Park
01-16-2008, 02:14 PM
this is the last time I want to hear so-called 'conservative' justify a stations broadcasting

Fuck off, no one wants to listen to Jenine Garaffalo nor that whacknut goofball Franken.

Chris Duel is going back to what he loved, sports, and I'd think thats a good thing.

Rock on Duel, You'll be on in my workshop during the playoffs.

MavTalker
01-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey TPark are you going to call in on CD's new show? I bet he will have you as a part time guest if you let him see one of your round table shows! :tu

T Park
01-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Im sure Ill make a few calls.

I loved Chris Duel on game night warm up.

Him and the Thompsons would've been comedy gold.

S_A_Longhorn
01-16-2008, 04:17 PM
I started listening to his show in the last couple of months as I got so trired of Pags' crap and the Dallas Talk Radio on The Ticket.

I am soooo happy that a second sports talk show is going on-air. Paul Alexander in the mornings and Duel in the afternoons. The new guy is from the Valley, so at least he knows South Texas, something the Clear Channel hosts know nothing about.

Actually, anything is better than The Ticket and WOAI these days.

Winston Wolf
01-16-2008, 04:21 PM
I hope they bring back the topic wheel!

Nbadan
01-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Congrats to Duel on his move up(?) then....seems like working for a ESPN affiliate is better than the 24-7 home-town gig...besides, Duel was really ruffing some local feathers and I'm sure they'll be happy to see Duel doing sports again ---- (someone que Keith Obermann)....

JoeChalupa
01-16-2008, 04:39 PM
I wish nothing but the best for Chris. :toast :toast
Best talk show and most balanced. Bar none.

USA Employee
01-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Finally an American does not lose his job due to someone from India!

curtismedellin
01-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Well I'm looking foward to Duel during my drive home. Heres to much success to Duel and Alexander at ESPN radio!

PEP
01-16-2008, 10:23 PM
I liked listening to Duel do sports than politics.

Steve Perry
01-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Not to let the cat out of the bag but one feature CD has that will benifite San Antonio Spur fans is the live smack offs! If you think you got what it takes to try and dethrone the King of smack? then show up every Monday with mouse,
you may win tickets to see the Playoffs or just dinner for 4 at Sam's Burger joint!

Feb 2008
the end of the wait
ST meets its fate
don't be late...................

I give you the Sports Messiah Chris Duel!

http://aura0.gaia.com/photos/10/91950/small/ChrisSky2.jpg

mouse
01-17-2008, 01:20 AM
Lived in San Antonio for more than 25 years?...... Check!

Is actually a real Spurs fan from the 70's and has an Original ABA Basketball you found at the Hemisphere Arena that i wish you would put on eBay red white and blue? Check!

Unlike the wannabe comics who pose as Sports talk host's like Don Harris your actually a Stand up comedian? Check!

Will you let Dawn Murphy have her 15 minute NASCAR updates every day? Check!

When you get an IM text Message or email will you say the screen name on the radio?

Check!

Will you swear to the man upstairs you will have a local hooters Girl of the Month on your site with pictures?

Check!

Can callers drink if they are on hold longer than 4 minutes? Check!

Can you get Andy Everett to do a late night Spurs game night react show?

for the old school Spur fans....

unchecked?

to be continued......................................... ..

Please_dont_ban_me
01-17-2008, 03:08 AM
New sports talk show in SA? Sweet.

*Note to self: Program 1250 to number 3 on am radio*

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Whatever Chris does, I'm sure he'll be successful at, but it was great to have somebody talking local issues as much as he did. He (and NPR) were the only reasons I would ever turn from satellite.

MoSpur
01-17-2008, 12:13 PM
Its about time. I don't like the Ticket's lineup anymore. They have Mike Taylor on in the afternoon who is boring and in the morning they have Dan Patrick who IMO is also a little boring.

Chris Duel
01-21-2008, 09:56 PM
Man of Steel, Nbadan, wrench, Taco, MoSpur, TPark, SA Longhorn, Joe Chalupa, curtis medellin, Mouse, Johnny Blaze 47...

Thanks so much for your kind words.

Years ago, when I first got a gig at WOAI, someone told me, "There are two kinds of people in radio: those who have been fired, and those who will be."

Unlike my exit from WOAI, at least I can tell the KTSA listeners where I am going next. That's very rare in radio. I am grateful to BMP Radio for doing this with class.

PakiDan, you got my quote about 80% correct. While I'll miss news, politics, local issues and pop culture, I do love sports - especially the Spurs and Cowboys - and look forward with great enthusiasm to the opportunity to talk sports every weekday in my hometown.

I think I mentioned this in another thread: I think SpursTalk.com is the best sports board I've ever seen. You are all ESPN Radio's target audience. I will not only be popping in here regularly to check on what big issues you all want to talk about, but I will also cite and credit you on the air.

I hope you'll jump on the phone lines and contribute and take us on when you disagree.

Do let me know how we can make the afternoon show and the station better.

My e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks,

Chris

Das Texan
01-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of the KTSA show Duelly.

Glad to hear that you will still be on radio and talking sports.

Good luck on ESPN radio. I'll try to tune in from time to time when I'm actually in town and listening to the radio during your time on the air.

Nbadan
01-21-2008, 11:31 PM
...and so ends free opinion and free speech on San Antonio radio stations....

....so sad....

mouse
01-21-2008, 11:52 PM
...and so ends free opinion and free speech on San Antonio radio stations....

....so sad....

Haven't you heard? nothing is free anymore. Chris Duel is the original Spurs fan. He went to a local high school (Holmes).

He made the River Center comedy club what it is today. His Father died as a pilot during the War and so did his only brother.

He knows more about San Antonio than anyone I have ever met. I was going to call him "Mr San Antonio" but he said Sonny Melendez has that name already.

Chris Duel knows about Raspas! Puffy Tacos! The Tracks! Randy's Rodeo!
Hemisphere 1968, The floods of 98,the Spurs of 1974,the #3 dinners, and had to dance to 'The Candy man' of all songs at his Prom. How Gay is that? we had Love Hurts by Nazareth

he was at the fiesta parade in the 70s when A sniper started to shoot at the crowd! killed many made national TV. Due to my bad vision I never got to hit Chris and I ran out of ammo.

The Bottom-Line Chris Duel may be the most underrated San Antonian to ever live and I hope before I leave this earth I can see him run for Mayor or own his own Radio/movie company, or at least get on Big Brother and I can die a happy man.

Now before you call me a Stalker / head of the Chris Duel fan club ass kisser?

I actually think Chris Duel is wrong and have called him a Homo on many occasions just like I have everyone I ever meet sooner or later.

But that doesn't mean I don't know talent or a friend when I meet one and I consider him anyone who was unfortunate to met me at a gtg or on the streets also.
:wakeup

Nbadan
01-22-2008, 12:15 AM
...a great man once said that this is how democracy dies....not with a big bang, but with a whimper....

Chris Duel
01-24-2008, 11:49 PM
...a great man once said that this is how democracy dies....not with a big bang, but with a whimper....

Word.

“bright and shiny”
01-31-2010, 09:59 PM
Chris Duel is a "golden god!"

mouse
01-31-2010, 10:19 PM
Kori and Duel would kick fucking ass!

ugG6lZWRVlw

rayray2k8
01-31-2010, 10:31 PM
I'll admit, I love listening to the show with Chris and Jason.
:tu
Props to mouse for spreading the word out on these guys this past summer.
I've gotten a lot of my friends listening to this show.

mouse
01-31-2010, 10:47 PM
Burn's and Kori!

how can any program director not see it?

mouse
01-31-2010, 10:48 PM
How about LJ's Peter Burns with Kori Ellis?

“bright and shiny”
01-31-2010, 11:57 PM
The Zone rocks!

“bright and shiny”
02-01-2010, 12:01 AM
c1f7eZ8cHpM`

Gervin44Silas13
04-01-2010, 06:16 AM
Haven't you heard? nothing is free anymore. Chris Duel is the original Spurs fan. He went to a local high school (Holmes).

He made the River Center comedy club what it is today. His Father died as a pilot during the War and so did his only brother.

He knows more about San Antonio than anyone I have ever met. I was going to call him "Mr San Antonio" but he said Sonny Melendez has that name already.

Chris Duel knows about Raspas! Puffy Tacos! The Tracks! Randy's Rodeo!
Hemisphere 1968, The floods of 98,the Spurs of 1974,the #3 dinners, and had to dance to 'The Candy man' of all songs at his Prom. How Gay is that? we had Love Hurts by Nazareth

he was at the fiesta parade in the 70s when A sniper started to shoot at the crowd! killed many made national TV. Due to my bad vision I never got to hit Chris and I ran out of ammo.

The Bottom-Line Chris Duel may be the most underrated San Antonian to ever live and I hope before I leave this earth I can see him run for Mayor or own his own Radio/movie company, or at least get on Big Brother and I can die a happy man.

Now before you call me a Stalker / head of the Chris Duel fan club ass kisser?

I actually think Chris Duel is wrong and have called him a Homo on many occasions just like I have everyone I ever meet sooner or later.

But that doesn't mean I don't know talent or a friend when I meet one and I consider him anyone who was unfortunate to met me at a gtg or on the streets also.
:wakeup

CD!
Fiesta 1979 I was there!!!!!!! Ira Atberry was the Sinpers name have a shot gun pellet wound in my left arm to prove it!

BTW what do you expect from San Antonio Conservative Radio...too many people who's views if your not for them you are aganist them.

There only one 'um .....and that's F*** 'um!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck CD!

mouse
04-01-2010, 10:23 AM
WTF was I smoking that day?