PDA

View Full Version : Bones Could Return Thursday

sa_butta
01-16-2008, 07:54 AM
The Spurs are getting more good news -- Bones was back at practice Tuesday. Brent Barry went through his first full contact drills since suffering a torn calf muscle.

Barry could be ready as early as Thursday night. That's when Lebron makes his one and only visit of the year. It's an NBA Finals rematch Thursday at 7 pm at the AT&T Center

http://www.woai.com/content/sports/spurs/story.aspx?content_id=1253a562-a099-45cc-acfb-dcff9597e729

Avitus1
01-16-2008, 11:17 PM
That would be great especially since I'm driving down from Killeen to see this game.

Findog
01-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Bones? DeForest Kelly plays for the Spurs?

Avitus1
01-17-2008, 01:10 AM
http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200609/tos-007-mccoy-sulu/320x240.jpg
Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not an athlete.

Findog
01-17-2008, 01:14 AM
Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a very good actor.

Budkin
01-17-2008, 03:05 AM
To the tune of Alice in Chains "Bones,"

"When he's all alone, nothing but net from the three point line for Brent BONES."

milkyway21
01-17-2008, 03:54 AM
Brent back into the line-up is good news. Next game is against the Cavs then a then Spurs have 12 of their next 14 games on the road, culminating with a nine-game trip that takes them to the All-Star break in mid-February.

:flag:

we swept LeBron's(35%FG;2-20 from 3pt), in June, Spurs lost at AT& T & all season games. But, winning tonight would be nicer this time.

Hope Parker will be in his 2007 finals form :D

loveforthegame
01-17-2008, 11:15 AM
It'll be nice to have him back. Ball handling, ball movement, 3 pointers will be welcomed off the bench again.

I only hope we don't see Finley revert back to early season stats now that his minutes will be cut and more shots taken from him.

I'm also surprised we haven't seen Jeremy Richardson waived yet.

BonnerDynasty
01-17-2008, 11:34 AM
It's funny how the Cavs are even considered a good team.

Detroit has created a monster.

A fluke monster.

MoSpur
01-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Its about time.

Hemotivo
01-17-2008, 12:44 PM
http://produ.com/imagenes/noticias/0306/big-BonesEmilyDeschanel.jpg

duncan228
01-17-2008, 01:19 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA.01172008.Spurs_Notebook.EN.25a81c8.html

Pro basketball: Barry poised to rejoin lineup
Jeff McDonald

For essentially the first time this season, the defending NBA champions are whole again.
Brent Barry, the latest Spurs player to hit the injury list, is expected to be activated for tonight's game against Cleveland after missing the past nine with a torn muscle in his left calf.

Barry endured Wednesday's practice without incident, clearing the way for him to play tonight at the AT&T Center. For the Spurs, who have not played a complete game this season with their preferred 12-man roster intact, Barry's return will be a welcome sight.

"Of course, we welcome him," forward Bruce Bowen said. "For him to be back is good for him, and it's good for us."

Barry's comeback should especially be a boon for the Spurs' perimeter game, which has suffered with he and Manu Ginobili sharing time on the injured list.

Barry leads the Spurs in 3-point accuracy at 45.3 percent, a figure that ranks seventh in the NBA. He is averaging 7.7 points per game, the Spurs' second-leading bench scorer after Ginobili.

Elson in favor: After not playing in three consecutive games earlier this month, Francisco Elson appears to be back in the Spurs' big-man rotation.

In Monday's victory over Philadelphia, the 7-foot reserve center had seven points, seven rebounds and two blocks in little more than 17 minutes of action.

In seven games between Dec. 28 and Jan. 10, Elson played a total of 20 minutes. In three of those games, Elson didn't play at all, as coach Gregg Popovich chose to give more minutes to Robert Horry.

"That's part of your job — if you don't perform well, then you don't play," Elson said. "I'm cool with that."

3-point threat: Cleveland guard Daniel "Boobie" Gibson, a second-year player out of Texas, seems to have found his NBA niche.

Gibson has made a 3-pointer in 24 consecutive games, the second-longest streak in franchise history.

"Boobie is shooting lights out," Cavs star LeBron James said. "Right now, he's the best shooter in the NBA."

Make that third best. At 49.2 percent, Gibson ranks third in the league from beyond the arc.

Birthday boys: Bowen will probably never score 51 points in a game, as James did for the Cavs on Tuesday at Memphis.

But Bowen and James do have a common connection.

Bowen shares a birthday with James' son, Bryce Maximus, who made national headlines when he chose June 14 — smack dab in the middle of last year's NBA Finals — to enter the world.

"I hope he'll always think of his old partner Bruce on his son's birthday," Bowen said jokingly.

Did you know? James had 51 points, eight rebounds and nine assists at Memphis. The last player to post at least those totals in a game was Rick Barry — Brent's father — on March 25, 1978, for Golden State.