PDA

View Full Version : D'antoni thinks his team is the Best in the League

Purple & Gold
01-16-2008, 02:19 PM
During the Clippers game last night Mike Smith (Clippers announcer) said he had a conversation with D'antoni and asked him if he was worried/nervous, especially with a game with the Lakers coming up.

D'antoni answered:

"No I am not nervous, we are fine, we are the best team in the league, and we are a better team then they are" (referring to the Lakers)

:lol :lol Best team in the League?? Better than the Lakers?? :lol :lol

They get pounded by all the top teams (+ the Clippers/T-Wolves) have already lost to the Lakers twice this year, but thinks he has the best team in the League. :drunk :drunk

This guy is seriously delusional. Sounds like he's trying to save face because he knows his team is on the verge of being inconsequential. Talk about being arrogant as well as a whiny bitch.

Only way they can win is because Bynum's out or else it would be another drubbing by the Lakeshow.

:elephant :elephant :elephant

JamStone
01-16-2008, 02:23 PM
Clearly, he should say the Suns are at the bottom of the group of teams with winning records and that they are clearly worse than the Lakers and that their fluke style of play won't ever get them a championship. Is that what he is supposed to say?

Medvedenko
01-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Until we advance further than them in the playoffs or beat them head to head...reg season games mean jack. Yes, I want my boys to win, but the real smack talking doesn't happen until playoffs. Is D-antoni a douche...yup.

Purple & Gold
01-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Clearly, he should say the Suns are at the bottom of the group of teams with winning records and that they are clearly worse than the Lakers and that their fluke style of play won't ever get them a championship. Is that what he is supposed to say?

Pretty much.

How about not even saying anything about being the best team in the League. He wasn't asked that question. All he had to say is "We're not worried, the season is still young. We will be ready when the playoffs come around."

Saying his team is better than teams like the Spurs and Boston is laughable. I don't even consider them legit contenders anymore.

Purple & Gold
01-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Until we advance further than them in the playoffs or beat them head to head...reg season games mean jack. Yes, I want my boys to win, but the real smack talking doesn't happen until playoffs. Is D-antoni a douche...yup.

This is more about him saying his team is the best in the League. :lol :lol

You would have thought his playoff exits would have taught him some humbleness.

2centsworth
01-16-2008, 03:00 PM
he should say neither. A little class when talking would be nice, but what do you expect from a puss.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-16-2008, 03:04 PM
wow, I seriously hope the suns lose so badly to the lakers that they just shut down the franchise completely so we won't have to hear from D'antoni ever again

Dex
01-16-2008, 03:11 PM
he should say neither. A little class when talking would be nice, but what do you expect from a puss.

Bingo.

There's nothing wrong with the guy talking positively about his team. If he wants to say they can "hang with the best of the league", maybe even go as far as to self-proclaim them "one of the best in the league"...that slight spin on the words puts down a whole different connotation.

If anyone is going to say something like that, let it be the opponent. But even the Spurs, or the Celtics of this year, know better than to go throwing terms like "Best in the League" around, especially to the media. All it does is add fuel to opponents' fire and set you up to look like a jackass.

Especially coming from a guy who has done nothing but orchestrate perennial playoff flameouts in Phoenix and a franchise that is still waiting for its first ring.

travis2
01-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Maybe he thought they were talking about the ratings for the upcoming period...:spin

Extra Stout
01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Guess whose picture squints back at you when you look up "false bravado?"

SenorSpur
01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
The Suns will not advance past the 2nd round again this year. Book it!

samikeyp
01-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Damn I wish he wouldn't say things like that.

He keeps doing stupid shit like that and getting bounced in the playoffs they are going to get rid of him and he as Phx's coach is the best thing for the other teams in the west. :)

lefty
01-16-2008, 04:07 PM
The Suns will not advance past the 2nd round again this year. Book it!

They won't get past the 1st round if thy meet the Lakers

Tippecanoe
01-16-2008, 04:11 PM
ratings championships!!!

VaSpursFan
01-16-2008, 04:29 PM
d'antoni is d'lusional...

Vinny Del Negro
01-16-2008, 04:40 PM
bynum will get a double double on amare from the bench.

703 Spurz
01-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Might as well cancel the Finals then since the Suns are the best :drunk

Pistons_In_7
01-16-2008, 05:05 PM
On paper, i would say they have the most talent but obviously they have lost their luster when playing as a team.

sprrs
01-16-2008, 05:33 PM

Certainly don't say "We're better than" the team they're about to play. No need to give them any extra fuel....especially a team with Kobe Bryant on it. He's just a moron.

stretch
01-16-2008, 05:35 PM
On paper, i would say they have the most talent but obviously they have lost their luster when playing as a team.
there is a difference between players that can shoot 3's or dunk, and talent.

td4mvp21
01-16-2008, 05:42 PM
I would say they are 6th best in the league right now, behind (in order) Celtics, Pistons, Lakers, Dallas, and San Antonio.

LakeShow
01-16-2008, 06:15 PM
During the Clippers game last night Mike Smith (Clippers announcer) said he had a conversation with D'antoni and asked him if he was worried/nervous, especially with a game with the Lakers coming up.

D'antoni answered:

"No I am not nervous, we are fine, we are the best team in the league, and we are a better team then they are" (referring to the Lakers)

They get pounded by all the top teams (+ the Clippers/T-Wolves) have already lost to the Lakers twice this year, but thinks he has the best team in the League. :drunk :drunk

This guy is seriously delusional. Sounds like he's trying to save face because he knows his team is on the verge of being inconsequential. Talk about being arrogant as well as a whiny bitch.

Only way they can win is because Bynum's out or else it would be another drubbing by the Lakeshow.

Sounds pretty scared to me! :lol

Findog
01-16-2008, 06:21 PM
They might not even be the best team in the Pacific Division when Bynum is healthy.

Xylus
01-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Fire this D'Antoni putz.

BonnerDynasty
01-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Spurs better handle their god damn business this year.

The media bias will be on so thick this year if they meet Suns in playoffs again.

DubMcDub
01-16-2008, 08:24 PM

Uh, you realize there are more than two options here, right?

How bout, "I think we're a good team and we can compete with anybody."

vicphoenix
01-16-2008, 11:45 PM
I laugh at the fact that other teams fans are insulted by what D'Antoni said. Who cares if he thinks his team is the best in the league?

m33p0
01-17-2008, 12:40 AM
if he doesn't believe in his own team, who will?

Dex
01-17-2008, 12:43 AM
I laugh at the fact that other teams fans are insulted by what D'Antoni said. Who cares if he thinks his team is the best in the league?

If he's allowed to say that he thinks that his team is the best in the league, then we're allowed to say that we think he's an idiot.

Agree to disagree?

spurspf
01-17-2008, 01:13 AM

Who on their team has more talent than Tim Duncan? Is their second best player better than Manu? Is their third best player better than Tony Parker? So how do they have the best talent? O yea, their bench. They use it that much. LOL.

Avitus1
01-17-2008, 01:28 AM
As a coach you gotta believe in your team, even if you know better.

vicphoenix
01-17-2008, 01:32 AM
If he's allowed to say that he thinks that his team is the best in the league, then we're allowed to say that we think he's an idiot.

Agree to disagree?

Don't take what D'Antoni says so seriously.

m33p0
01-17-2008, 03:44 AM
Don't take D'Antoni seriously. period.

polandprzem
01-17-2008, 06:03 AM
He had period?

Now I understand, forgive the man.

Hemotivo
01-17-2008, 09:12 AM
:lol

DubMcDub
01-17-2008, 09:50 AM
This is not about "belief in his team". I'm pretty sure Pop, Avery, Jackson, etc. believe in their team. But you don't hear any of them saying "we're the best team in the league". You can convey that you believe in your guys without being an arrogant, unprofessional asshole.

Plus, he's just giving the other top teams in the west bulletin board material, which is always a stupid thing to do. Then again, nobody ever claimed D'Antoni was smart.

Dex
01-17-2008, 10:08 AM

Don't worry, I really don't.

m33p0
01-17-2008, 11:55 PM
He had period?

Now I understand, forgive the man.
yeah. he has it stapled on his forehead.

LakeShow
01-18-2008, 02:07 AM
He said Nash was the best player in the NBA too!

LakeShow
01-18-2008, 02:45 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke18jan18,0,7037657.column?coll=la-headlines-sports

I'm wishing for a Lakers/Suns matchup in the playoffs! :ihit

Quote:
Plus, the Suns were giddy the Lakers were without the guy who had scored 42 points with 25 rebounds in the two games against them.

"But isn't this the same team that played so well last year before they had the injuries?" asked D'Antoni.

LBJ dunks on Duncan
01-18-2008, 02:49 AM

D'antoni answered:

The Spurs haven't beat the Suns yet and will not on Jan 31st

Shred
01-18-2008, 07:33 AM

D'antoni answered:

Lakers = Suns' bitch.

Obsession noted.

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2008, 08:23 AM
sit ur ass your down

vicphoenix
01-18-2008, 03:07 PM
He said Nash was the best player in the NBA too!

Actually he said Kobe was the best player in the NBA.

LakeShow
01-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Actually he said Kobe was the best player in the NBA.

Goes to show how fickle he is. When the announcer asked about Nash being on the bench and the Suns not being able to substain a lead. He said, Well Nash is the best player in the NBA, so it's understandable how they don't play well without him in the lineup. :rolleyes

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 04:33 PM
Goes to show how fickle he is. When the announcer asked about Nash being on the bench and the Suns not being able to substain a lead. He said, Well Nash is the best player in the NBA, so it's understandable how they don't play well without him in the lineup. :rolleyes

Kobe is the best player.

But Nash is the most valuable player.

Extra Stout
01-18-2008, 04:42 PM
My hypothesis is that D'Antoni is getting defensive, because he senses that his boss has doubts about him.

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 04:55 PM
My hypothesis is that D'Antoni is getting defensive, because he senses that his boss has doubts about him.

D'Antoni is a reflection of his team and his fans. Big mouth, all talk, but always come up short when it counts. 0 rings, 0 finals appearances, 50+ regular season wins is all he's good for.

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 05:13 PM
D'Antoni is a reflection of his team and his fans. Big mouth, all talk, but always come up short when it counts. 0 rings, 0 finals appearances, 50+ regular season wins is all he's good for.

The Suns have actually won 60+ twice in three years.

And AT LEAST we get to beat the Lakers every year!

:lol