a noose?

johnsmith
01-17-2008, 05:47 PM
...what's missing from this story?

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jan/17/joke-leaves-em-gasping/

The good Reverand?

Yonivore
01-17-2008, 05:55 PM
To what political party does the Colorado Governor belong?

FromWayDowntown
01-17-2008, 06:10 PM
He's a Democrat, I guess. What difference does it make?

Is it somehow scandalous that a Democratic governor would admit that he gasped at such an ill-considered, weak attempt at racial humor??

FromWayDowntown
01-17-2008, 06:25 PM
Much ado about nothing?

ChumpDumper
01-17-2008, 07:34 PM
DEMOCRATIC governor sits at same table as man who makes bad joke, gasps.

Is this the headline you're looking for?

Pretty dumb.

clambake
01-17-2008, 07:37 PM
To what political party does the Colorado Governor belong?
to the party that gets blowjobs and not the party that sucks cock?

George Gervin's Afro
01-17-2008, 07:51 PM
...what's missing from this story?

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/jan/17/joke-leaves-em-gasping/

a point?

George Gervin's Afro
01-17-2008, 07:52 PM
to the party that gets blowjobs and not the party that sucks cock?

oh dear where's xray when you need him.. all of this gay stuff..

Wild Cobra
01-17-2008, 10:35 PM
You guys don't get it yet?

We conservatives do...

I'll wait a bit before spilling the beans if someone doesn't get it right.

Come on... Someone other than a conservative has to have the correct answer.

FromWayDowntown
01-18-2008, 12:04 PM

We conservatives do...

I'm truly at a loss to see how the Governor's political affiliations have anything to do with what's reported in that story. The only facts that we have about the governor, from that story, are that he was sitting at the same table as the speaker and gasped when he heard the "joke." Neither of those facts seems particularly scandalous or at odds with the fact that the governor is a Democrat.

If there's more to the story than is reported in that piece, I suppose I might be interested in hearing it, but ultimately, the story isn't about the governor -- it's about a jackass who offered a stupid joke and should be embarassed by his actions.

Extra Stout
01-18-2008, 12:29 PM

We conservatives do...

Let's see... is it that "Paint the White House Black" is a saying that is at least 15 years old, referring to the monolithic whiteness of the Presidency and activists' belief that it needed to change, that when George Clinton sang it, nobody called him a racist, but now that a white guy alludes to the same thing (since there is now a nonwhite candidate with a legitimate chance to win), albeit awkwardly, hamhandedly, and in a context that was totally inappropriate, the Democratic politicians in attendance mustered up all the outrage they possibly could on short notice?

George Gervin's Afro
01-18-2008, 01:24 PM

We conservatives do...

he's not very patriotic?

FromWayDowntown
01-18-2008, 02:57 PM
For a thread with a title that reads "Quick," it sure is taking a long time to get to the point . . . .

Oh, Gee!!
01-18-2008, 03:28 PM
the color?

FromWayDowntown
01-18-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm still wondering what we've all missed.

FromWayDowntown
01-18-2008, 06:52 PM
that is because he is the King of Funk and transcends race

Who elected him King? And what party is he from anyway?

Wild Cobra
01-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Just goes to show, any relavant facts of the past pointed out by us conservatives in the past just goes in one ear, and out another with you liberals.

It has nothing to do with what was said. It's the way the story was reported vs. how it would have been reported with a republican.

The media would not let us forget if he was a republican, that he was a republican. They would have said republican over and over again. Being a democrat, they convienently ignore the party affiliation.

Watch the news stories, how they portray democrats and republicans different. They are treated vastly different, it's obvious media bias for anyone looking.

ChumpDumper
01-18-2008, 11:48 PM
So the point we missed is that you're a whining bitch.

Shame on us.

FromWayDowntown
01-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Just goes to show, any relavant facts of the past pointed out by us conservatives in the past just goes in one ear, and out another with you liberals.

It has nothing to do with what was said. It's the way the story was reported vs. how it would have been reported with a republican.

The media would not let us forget if he was a republican, that he was a republican. They would have said republican over and over again. Being a democrat, they convienently ignore the party affiliation.

Watch the news stories, how they portray democrats and republicans different. They are treated vastly different, it's obvious media bias for anyone looking.

Because, clearly, this story was about the Governor of Colorado and something that he did. :rolleyes

My goodness -- there's some real stretching going on here to find things to complain about.

ChumpDumper
01-19-2008, 12:08 AM
The entire Democratic livestock show circuit is full of racists!

Extra Stout
01-19-2008, 01:57 AM

You do understand that it wasn't the governor who told the joke, don't you?

George Gervin's Afro
01-19-2008, 04:21 PM

Please toughen up mr patriotic..

Wild Cobra
01-19-2008, 10:12 PM
You do understand that it wasn't the governor who told the joke, don't you?
Absolutely. Still, if the situation was where there was a prominent republican sitting at the same table as someone who told a joke that could be considered racist, the media would not let us forget the republican was friends with a racist.

That's how it would be played out.

Tell me with I'm wrong. This is what I am pointing out. The way the media uses subtle bias. The pick and choose what to report and highlight.

Extra Stout
01-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Yeah, you're right. Bob Herbert probably would have written a column about how yet another Republican is consorting with racists.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2008, 04:08 AM
Tell me with I'm wrong.You're wrong.

If the press was going to soft-pedal this, it never would have been reported at all.
Still, if the situation was where there was a prominent republican sitting at the same table as someone who told a joke that could be considered racist, the media would not let us forget the republican was friends with a racist.Friends? There was no mention that the governor even knew this man. You are lying.