PDA

View Full Version : Plenty is at stake for Lakers against the Suns

LakeShow
01-17-2008, 05:50 PM
LAKERS REPORT
Plenty is at stake for Lakers against the Suns
The missing piece

Andrew Bynum led the Lakers to a 122-115 victory over Phoenix on Christmas Day at Staples Center with 28 points ands 12 rebounds. When the Lakers meet the Suns today, they'll do so without their injured center.
Teams are battling for best record in the West.
By Mike Bresnahan, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
January 17, 2008

You again?

It's obviously not playoff time, and the bickering coaches seem to have reached an uneasy truce, but the Lakers and Phoenix Suns face each other a third time this season tonight at Staples Center.

There's really not much at stake, merely first place in the Pacific Division, the top record in the Western Conference, and the head-to-head tiebreaker in case the teams meet again in the playoffs.

If the Lakers win, their fanciful season continues, despite the loss of Andrew Bynum for about eight weeks, an injury considered so vital to the Lakers that long-time trainer Gary Vitti briefed reporters after Wednesday's practice with a five-foot skeleton next to him for a frame of reference.

"It's about Andrew's size at birth," Vitti quipped, pointing to the skeleton.

The rivalry between the Lakers and Suns was born anew this season, just in case their back-to-back playoff series didn't cause enough tense moments.

The Lakers pummeled the Suns in November, 119-98, and beat them Dec. 25, 122-115.

In the first game, Suns Coach Mike D'Antoni had words for Phil Jackson after the Lakers' coach called a late timeout with the Lakers ahead by 30 points.

In the second game, Bynum had a career-high 28 points, made 11 of 13 shots, had 12 rebounds and thoroughly outplayed two-time All-Star Amare Stoudemire, who had 19 points and six rebounds.

Bynum's effort that afternoon was enough to prompt D'Antoni to observe, "I don't know if he's up and coming. He's there."

Bynum obviously won't be in the lineup tonight, but the Lakers are hoping to regain some balance in their attack.

Kobe Bryant had a season-high 48 points in the Lakers' 123-121 overtime victory Monday against Seattle, although he needed 44 shots to get there.

Jackson addressed the team about it Wednesday.

"He had some teammates who came out shy," Jackson said. "If you really give Kobe the latitude and you're bashful about shooting the ball, he's going to take up all the rest of the shots."

Lamar Odom, one of those who deferred to Bryant with regularity in Monday's game, acknowledged the need to increase his assertiveness.

"I'll probably have to shoot the ball, be a little bit more aggressive on offense and pick up the scoring," he said.

Meanwhile, the Lakers (26-11) would clinch a tiebreaker against the Suns with a victory tonight. They also woke up Wednesday to find themselves owning the best record in the Western Conference.

"I think it's a sense of accomplishment from where we came," Bryant said. "That being said, it's still early in the season."

Vitti, in his 24th season as the Lakers' trainer, offered his insight into Bynum's injury. Bynum was diagnosed Monday with a bone bruise in his left knee and a subluxation of his left kneecap -- a brief dislocation that popped back into place.

"When you see a player go down the way he did, with the torque that he put on his knee, usually the first thing you think of is an anterior cruciate ligament damage," he said. "Andrew has some predisposing factors skeletally if you see him -- a little bit knock-kneed, wide pelvis -- [that] makes him prone to this type of thing.

"But of course, it could have been much worse. It could have been a ligament tear and he could have kissed the whole season goodbye. We're hoping to get him back for at least a month or more prior to playoffs."

The soft tissue around the kneecap would need four to six weeks to heal, Vitti said, but the bone bruise was "probably going to be the thing that's going to take the longest to feel better. How long that takes, God knows. I don't."

Vladimir Radmanovic had an MRI exam Wednesday after continuing to feel pain in a sprained right ankle that had sidelined him for seven games. . . . Jackson acknowledged the need to look into signing a free agent such as Chris Webber. "We have to consider possibilities to strengthen our roster," he said. "We need some depth."

Medvedenko
01-17-2008, 05:59 PM
"I'll probably have to shoot the ball, be a little bit more aggressive on offense and pick up the scoring," he said Lamar Odom

Duh.....

Flight3107
01-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Phoenix by 10+

Hemotivo
01-17-2008, 06:50 PM
kobe`s
by a landslide

SpursDynasty
01-17-2008, 06:52 PM
The Lakers will just go out and take care of business...no big deal tonight for them. This game is more important to the Suns.

DazedAndConfused
01-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Well the Suns are missing Grant Hill and just looked completely out of whack against the Clippers last night. I say they lose unless they get a great offensive output from all their guys, which could very well happen.

The real test for LA is when they face DEN, DAL, DET, and SAS in the coming weeks. That could very well be 4 losses that sends them back down in the rankings. Terrible time to lose Bynum, right as they were picking up steam and beginning to distance themselves from the rest of the WC.

Cry Havoc
01-17-2008, 07:37 PM
I'll take the Suns tonight. The Lakers without their second best player suddenly get extremely thin on the boards, and that's the main advantage teams hold over the Suns.

Kriz-Maxima
01-17-2008, 10:06 PM
The Lakers will just go out and take care of business...no big deal tonight for them. This game is more important to the Suns.

This is the jinx right here. Nice going.

sribb43
01-17-2008, 10:47 PM
cant believe im saying this but go suns...if suns lose mavs move back to #1

can both teams with 11 loses entering into tonights game both lose on TNT

sribb43
01-17-2008, 10:51 PM
cant believe im saying this but go suns...if suns lose mavs move back to #1

can both teams with 11 loses entering into tonights game both lose on TNT

neverminds if Suns win they will have 27 wins and be up 1/2 on mavs...anyways go suns still

m33p0
01-17-2008, 11:23 PM
"I'll probably have to shoot the ball, be a little bit more aggressive on offense and pick up the scoring,"
yes, lamar. go do that. :rolleyes

ShoogarBear
01-18-2008, 12:27 AM
Suns up by 19 almost midway through the 3rd, and have played their bench a total of 23 minutes.

:tu D'Antoni.

BonnerDynasty
01-18-2008, 12:56 AM
lol D'Antoni is about to have a nervous break down if they lose this lead.

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 01:03 AM
If the Suns lose this game they don't even deserve to be an NBA team.

Kwame Brown with the worst performance I've ever seen from an NBA center in my life. Kobe not even taking shots in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Lakers practically gave this one up and the Suns still find a way to let them in it

ludda
01-18-2008, 01:16 AM
its amazing how this game turned out interesting, good job suns

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 01:25 AM
With Bynum the Lakers win that game easily. The Suns should be very worried about their team right now, they almost let a Laker team playing some of the worst basketball I've ever seen come back in the game. And they had a perfect night shooting too. They are a gonna plummet in the standings when they start facing tougher and healthier teams.

Jeremy
01-18-2008, 01:34 AM
Yeah, the Suns shot well, but they don't usually have 24 turnovers. They average 13.

Amarelooms
01-18-2008, 01:45 AM
With Bynum the Lakers win that game easily. The Suns should be very worried about their team right now, they almost let a Laker team playing some of the worst basketball I've ever seen come back in the game. And they had a perfect night shooting too. They are a gonna plummet in the standings when they start facing tougher and healthier teams.

Hey SpursDynasty...where are your predictions? :elephant

Medvedenko
01-18-2008, 01:59 AM
Good game suns...the lakers looked lost out there. Kobe passing it off...once again Odom plays passive the entire game. Kwame looks like it's the first time he picked up a basketball...oh well. As long as we play .500 ball until Bynum comes back I don't care.

LakeShow
01-18-2008, 02:03 AM

Yeah that's a 40/20 game for bynum.

The Lakers have to make a decision. Either they redefine their game or they make a trade to get a low post player to keep their game intact until bynum returns. They were treating Brown like bynum by feeding him and being out of shape and not having the hands that Bynum does, it will not work.

I was against the lakers making a trade when we had a healthy Bynum but It's time to call Indiana about Oneal. I hate to break up the team to a certain extent but a low post scorer is important to this team. If the Lakers prefer to stay pat then Webber is another option. Something has to be done.

Medvedenko
01-18-2008, 02:14 AM
It's just 1 game really...the suns were due and they shot well. Unless they themselves start playing within themselves they aren't going anywhere fast. The lakeshow is still another year from serious contention.

LakeShow
01-18-2008, 02:20 AM
It's just 1 game really...the suns were due and they shot well. Unless they themselves start playing within themselves they aren't going anywhere fast. The lakeshow is still another year from serious contention.

True it was only one game but you are delusional, the Lakeshow is in contention now! A low post player will keep them strong while bynum is out and keep them playing at a high level. I personally do not want to get back into the 2nd tier teams in the league.

LakeShow
01-18-2008, 02:35 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-plaschke18jan18,1,2681402,full.column?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=1&cset=true

Bill Plaschke:
Lakers are missing their center, and so are fans
In their first home game since Andrew Bynum went out with injury, they look like the lifeless team of last spring. It's going to be a long two months.
January 18 2008

Two months?

This is going to feel like two years.

Knee injury?

This is a blow to the chest.

Breaths short, patience shorter, Lakers fans watched the first home game without Andrew Bynum on Thursday in an arena that was clearly missing something.

Staples has lost its Center.

Kobe Bryant looked desperate. Lamar Odom looked hurried. Kwame Brown looked just awful.

The Lakers looked like the Lakers of last spring, a team that conceded a playoff series and angered a superstar and spent the entire summer sweeping up the pieces.

It was Phoenix 106, Lakers 98, and worry through the roof.

You thought they might miss the nimble middle of their offense?

They shot 38%, if that's any clue.

You wondered if they would miss the stalking middle of their defense?

In a five-minute stretch of the second quarter, Amare Stoudemire had three dunks, if that's any indication.

"We played tired," said Lakers Coach Phil Jackson. "We reacted poorly."

Without their smooth young star, the Lakers played sluggishly, hesitantly, as if they were choking on seeds.

A No. 1 seed. A No. 2 seed. A No. 3 seed. Those sorts of seeds.

Instead of patting their backs, the Lakers' fans wanted to wring their necks.

Shawn Marion scored on an alley-oop pass from Boris Diaw on an inbounds play from midcourt.

Booooo.

Diaw stole an offensive rebound and Shawn Marion hit a three pointer.

Booooo.

Ronny Turiaf threw an ally-opp pass to . . . nobody?

Booooo.

Watching the Lakers play without Bynum was like sitting in a room after the removal of a Christmas tree.

The place is no different than it was a couple of months ago.

But it felt completely empty.

The Lakers had 21 turnovers and one blocked shot. Kwame Brown had seven turnovers and zero blocked shots and enough boos to make even his coach cringe.

When asked whether he had ever heard such continuous abuse heaped on a player, Jackson said, "None on a team I coached."

And you think you're sick? Bynum showed up before the game looking like a circus performer. His left knee is so stiff, he walked through the Staples Center tunnel as if on stilts.

"It is definitely terrible not being able to play, not being able to really move," said Bynum in his first interview since the injury was diagnosed.

His first missed game, Monday in Seattle, he watched on television.

And, yes, fans, he felt your pain . . . literally.

"I wanted to jump on the couch, but as soon as I jumped, I went, 'ahhhhhh' and had to sit back down," he said.

The Lakers won that game against the dreadful Supersonics, but it took them two overtimes, and it took Bryant 44 shots, and it was a sign of things to come.

The fun of this year's Lakers is gone. The frustration of the last three years is back.

"Bynum is a loss, but, c'mon," said Suns' Coach Mike D'Antoni, shaking his head. "They've still got Kobe over there!"

That's where the frustration will focus. Bryant will have to carry the Lakers, and you know what happens when that happens.

Everybody else will stand around and watch him. Then Bryant will get mad and stand around and watch them.

In the first quarter, he scored 13 points. In the second quarter, he scored zilch. In the third quarter, he scored eight points. In the fourth quarter, he scored nine points but only played the final 6:01.

Typical of his night -- and perhaps the next two months of his season -- was a play that occurred with three minutes left in the first half.

Playing defense as if he were the only Laker on the floor, Bryant punched the ball away from the Suns three times before chasing it over the press table, where he lay flat for several seconds.

He returned to the court, and, within a minute, the Suns had scored five consecutive points, on a three pointer and a fast break layup.

There will be times that, no matter what he does, it won't work.

Granted, this was against a Suns team with the motivation that comes with a realization that their championship window is closing faster than a Leandro Barbosa drive.

The Lakers had beaten them twice in two games this season by 28 combined points. The Lakers had overtaken them for the lead in the Pacific Division. And the Suns were coming off a Staples Center loss to the Clippers.

Plus, the Suns were giddy the Lakers were without the guy who had scored 42 points with 25 rebounds in the two games against them.

"But isn't this the same team that played so well last year before they had the injuries?" asked D'Antoni.

No. These Lakers have seen how much better they can be with Bynum, and will never be the same.

Two months?

Too much.

Bill Plaschke can be reached at [email protected]. To read previous columns by Plaschke, go to latimes.com/plaschke.

:devil I'm really starting to dislike this guy!

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 02:44 AM
D'Antoni can go fuck himself, that arrogant prick. Anyone who has watched basketball this season knows the only reason the Lakers are good this year is because of the quantum leap Bynum has made.

Xylus
01-18-2008, 02:56 AM
The Lakers are overrated this year. You'll see.

Put this in your signatures if you'd like. The Lakers won't go far in the playoffs. Will the Suns? Probably not. But if the Lakers and Suns met in the playoffs again, Phoenix would take it in 6 or less.

LakeShow
01-18-2008, 03:04 AM

Put this in your signatures if you'd like. The Lakers won't go far in the playoffs. Will the Suns? Probably not. But if the Lakers and Suns met in the playoffs again, Phoenix would take it in 6 or less.

:lol You sound like your idiot coach! Way to gloat over beating a depleted lakers squad. Great job! The Lakers at full strength would take the Suns out in 5! Book it!

LakeShow
01-18-2008, 03:11 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3198763&categoryId=2459788

now it's trades like this I wouldn't do.

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 04:26 AM

Are you kidding me? Do you not realize the Lakers didn't have their 2nd best player in Bynum playing tonight? The Lakers played their absolute worst game of the season and they were still in the game in the 4th. Suns shot damn near perfect from the field too, it's a testament to how bad their defense really is.

Talk shit when you beat the Lakers with Bynum. Because your 0-2 in that department.

spurscenter
01-18-2008, 06:07 AM
The only thing exciting about this thread is:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4711/888478d2586aba6b1200432vg7.jpg

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 10:20 AM
LMAO...the Suns led from start to finish and the lakers were lucky just to get to single digits.

Where Bynum helps the Lakers the most, rebounding, Lamar Odom stepped up and had 19 rebounds.

This is the team we beat in five games last year.

Suns fans shouldn't be too worried. The Lakers have overachieved and still find themselves in second place.

CavsSuperFan
01-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Luke Walton, Kwame & Roene spent most of the evening on the ground…Were they practicing the Euro Flop...

Xylus
01-18-2008, 11:25 AM
:lol You sound like your idiot coach! Way to gloat over beating a depleted lakers squad. Great job! The Lakers at full strength would take the Suns out in 5! Book it!
You misunderstand. I've felt this way about the Lakers all season. They've overachieved in the first half of the season, their record will start to even out over time and they'll end up the 5th or 6th seed.

This has nothing to do with the Suns win last night. The Suns had to win last night, to avoid the embarrassment of losing again to a team who they've handled in the playoffs the last two years.

If you think Andrew Bynum is going to put you over the edge, I've got oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 11:52 AM
You misunderstand. I've felt this way about the Lakers all season. They've overachieved in the first half of the season, their record will start to even out over time and they'll end up the 5th or 6th seed.

This has nothing to do with the Suns win last night. The Suns had to win last night, to avoid the embarrassment of losing again to a team who they've handled in the playoffs the last two years.

If you think Andrew Bynum is going to put you over the edge, I've got oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

True. Laker fans have been giddy for the past month but they're just fooling themselves.

Im not worried about the Kobe show.

Medvedenko
01-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Don't worry sun fans....no one is worried about your team either.....

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 12:34 PM
You Suns fans are even dumber than I thought if you were gloating after that win over a depleted Laker team missing their 2nd best player. Even your homeboy Amare was not gloating after that win, even he probably knows that with Bynum the Lakers win that game easily.

Seriously it shows how far the Suns have fallen this year that the Lakers were even in that game at all.

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 12:40 PM
You Suns fans are even dumber than I thought if you were gloating after that win over a depleted Laker team missing their 2nd best player. Even your homeboy Amare was not gloating after that win, even he probably knows that with Bynum the Lakers win that game easily.

Seriously it shows how far the Suns have fallen this year that the Lakers were even in that game at all.

LMAO......the Suns had a 17 point lead after three quarters and played conservative the rest of the way.

It worked.

The Suns have owned the Lakers the past three years and they'll continue to own the Lakers.

I don't see how Bynum stops Nash from having twenty assists.

Remember when Nash nearly broke the playoff assist record against them last year?

I do. :lol

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 12:43 PM
btw Dazed and Confused.....I know that youre a Laker Fan.

Are you embarrassed to admit it?

Go back to LakersGround and cry about your loss with the rest of your loser fan base!!!

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Bynum is to LA what Amare is to PHX. He is the reason they made the jump from a middling .500 ball club to a legit WCF contender. You're fooling yourself if you think his only impact would be in rebounding.

Until the Suns beat a legit WC team at full strength they won't impress anyone. So far their only wins have been against a hobbled Spurs and Laker team, not exactly impressive. Losing to the T-Wolves, Clippers, and Miami shows how far the Suns have fallen this year. Their defensive rebounding is worse than ever, Amare still can't play defense, and they have nobody on their roster to handle teams with a legit interior presence.

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Bynum is to LA what Amare is to PHX. He is the reason they made the jump from a middling .500 ball club to a legit WCF contender. You're fooling yourself if you think his only impact would be in rebounding.

Until the Suns beat a legit WC team at full strength they won't impress anyone. So far their only wins have been against a hobbled Spurs and Laker team, not exactly impressive. Losing to the T-Wolves, Clippers, and Miami shows how far the Suns have fallen this year. Their defensive rebounding is worse than ever, Amare still can't play defense, and they have nobody on their roster to handle teams with a legit interior presence.

LMAO! Avoids the question!

Why won't you admit that youre a Laker fan?

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 01:40 PM
LMAO! Avoids the question!

Why won't you admit that youre a Laker fan?

I think your the one avoiding reality, your team ain't going nowhere in the playoffs again. You're worse than last year. That was your shot and you blew it.

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 02:06 PM
I think your the one avoiding reality, your team ain't going nowhere in the playoffs again. You're worse than last year. That was your shot and you blew it.

:lol

DazedAndConfused EXPOSED!!!!

Do you think you guys will make the playoffs this year? Youre currently five games ahead of the Jazz with an absolutely brutal schedule coming up. We should win the division by at LEAST ten games.

Yep....Lakers are D-O-N-E.

Findog
01-18-2008, 02:09 PM

DazedAndConfused EXPOSED!!!!

Do you think you guys will make the playoffs this year? Youre currently five games ahead of the Jazz with an absolutely brutal schedule coming up. We should win the division by at LEAST ten games.

Yep....Lakers are D-O-N-E.

What in the hell are you gloating about? Your team can't touch the Lakers with a healthy Bynum.

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 02:17 PM
What in the hell are you gloating about? Your team can't touch the Lakers with a healthy Bynum.

Really?

The Lakers are 7-19 against the Suns and Nash. The Suns have eliminated them the last two years in the playoffs.

If thats not pure OWNAGE, than ownage does not exist.

Of course, there's always a chance the Lakers could get a first round matchup against the Mavs. We all know how you guys handle adversity. :lol

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 02:25 PM
btw Findog....i know you didn't like the "exposed" comment I made.

It just brings back so many bad memories doesn't it?

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 02:34 PM

This guy somehow seems to think the Lakers are the exact same team they were the last two seasons. They replaced Smush with Fisher, picked up Ariza, and have seen huge improvements to Farmar and Bynum. Bynum literally transformed himself into a double-double guy that can hold down the paint and finish with ease. He was literally on pace towards being a 20/10 guy before that knee injury hit him. With Bynum the Lakers beat the Suns easily. The proof is in the pudding, Lakers are 2-0 with Bynum this season against the Suns.

So go ahead and gloat about a meaningless win against a hobbled team, it's all you can do. Your record against the top WC teams is pathetic, only two wins came against hobbled teams (Spurs/Lakers). You haven't beat a legitmate WC team that was not wrecked with injuries this season. Look at your schedule from Jan 31st onwards, that will be the true test of where your team is at. So far your schedule has been a cake walk.

Findog
01-18-2008, 02:36 PM
[QUOTE=da_suns_fan]Really?

The Lakers are 7-19 against the Suns and Nash. The Suns have eliminated them the last two years in the playoffs.

That's not very relevant. Bynum isn't a dumbass teenager anymore. What matters is that THIS YEAR the Suns have been pounded by a more physical team. The Suns will be a tough out for whomever they play, but the Lakers are the perfect team to take them down.

Of course, there's always a chance the Lakers could get a first round matchup against the Mavs. We all know how you guys handle adversity.

It doesn't really matter who you draw in the first round, you're going to have to play a tough team. Outside of Denver or Houston, there's not any one team I'm licking my chops over playing. So no, I don't relish playing a healthy Lakers team anymore than I look forward to playing San Antonio or Phoenix.

At least the Mavs take responsibility for when they get outplayed. Are the Suns still whining and crying their eyes out, clenching their assholes and biting pillows over what the Spurs did to them? :lol

Suns: No class, soft as charmin.

Findog
01-18-2008, 02:38 PM
btw Findog....i know you didn't like the "exposed" comment I made.

It just brings back so many bad memories doesn't it?

Bad memories?

Sparring with you is like the Lakers with a healthy Bynum taking on the Suns.

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Who would like to see DazedAndConfused get exposed as a Laker fan?

See it here. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2183706#post2183706)

Findog
01-18-2008, 02:44 PM
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/2007/12/26/ddf0deabc2d500ae452dc8b9f345b6c8g_2.jpg

Findog
01-18-2008, 02:45 PM
FinDog, I don't know why you root for the Mavs, but at least youre not a coward enough to admit it.

Same reason you root for the Suns, I assume you live in Arizona.

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 02:45 PM
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/2007/12/26/ddf0deabc2d500ae452dc8b9f345b6c8g_2.jpg

Can't see (filter).

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Same reason you root for the Suns, I assume you live in Arizona.

But Arizona only has one team.

Xylus
01-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Looks like a charge to me. :lol

I imagine the refs let that one slide because it was such an amazing dunk, and Ariza practically went over Grant Hill. I would have made the same call, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Hill had his feet set before Ariza left the ground.

Findog
01-18-2008, 02:48 PM

Yeah it was, he's completely out of the restricted area.

Findog
01-18-2008, 02:49 PM

But Arizona only has one team.

What about the Coyotes and D-Backs?

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Who would like to see DazedAndConfused get exposed as a Laker fan?

See it here. (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2183706#post2183706)

Why are you so obsessed with me? We're trying to have a discussion here and the moment your arguments get shattered you change the subject like an immature little girl.

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Why are you so obsessed with me? We're trying to have a discussion here and the moment your arguments get shattered you change the subject like an immature little girl.

Sounds like youre trying to change the subject!

The Spurs are DEFINATELY the team of the decade, yes?

I can see write through you, pal!

Sportcamper
01-18-2008, 03:40 PM
When any team in the NBA can enter the Sistine Chapel of Basketball & defeat the greatest team in the history of sports “It is a Big Deal”…The Suns are to be congratulated on their one victory out of three… :toast

mavs>spurs2
01-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Sounds like youre trying to change the subject!

The Spurs are DEFINATELY the team of the decade, yes?

I can see write through you, pal!

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but he's no Laker fan

He's actually SpursDynasty

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 03:58 PM

I imagine the refs let that one slide because it was such an amazing dunk, and Ariza practically went over Grant Hill. I would have made the same call, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Hill had his feet set before Ariza left the ground.

Actually Grant positions himself for the charge after Ariza is airborne and is also slightly moving in the replay, making it indeed a charge. Nice try though.

Jeremy
01-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Bynum is to LA what Amare is to PHX. He is the reason they made the jump from a middling .500 ball club to a legit WCF contender.

Then how did the Amare-less Suns get to the WCF?

Findog
01-18-2008, 04:01 PM

they beat two crappy la teams, and it took them 7 games to do it.

LakeShow
01-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Damn, some suns fans are unbelievable. Now I see why others ride them so bad. How they can be happy about a victory over a depleted team and rule that team out is dumb.

Anyway, the suns scare no one and they are still in for an early exit from the playoffs.

No doubt the lakers have some work to do with Bynum out. 2 months is too long to play without a replacement. They have to bring in someone.

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Damn, some suns fans are unbelievable. Now I see why others ride them so bad. How they can be happy about a victory over a depleted team and rule that team out is dumb.

Anyway, the suns scare no one and they are still in for an early exit from the playoffs.

No doubt the lakers have some work to do with Bynum out. 2 months is too long to play without a replacement. They have to bring in someone.

I know, I didn't see any Laker fans gloating about them beating SAS and DET this year. Why? Because both teams were severely depleted and not at full strength.

It's funny to see Suns' fans draw such conclusions when their still down 2-1 this season against LAL and their only two wins against good WC teams have been against a depleted SAS and LAL team.

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 04:13 PM

They were one rebound away from being beaten 4-1 by LA. A lot of lucky things happened for them to get to the WCF, where they got soundly beaten. Even the Cavs managed to make the Finals last year despite not being the best team in the East. Strange things happen in the playoffs but it all evens out at some point.

LakeShow
01-18-2008, 04:15 PM
I know, I didn't see any Laker fans gloating about them beating SAS and DET this year. Why? Because both teams were severely depleted and not at full strength.

It's funny to see Suns' fans draw such conclusions when their still down 2-1 this season against LAL and their only two wins against good WC teams have been against a depleted SAS and LAL team.

Of course not. That's fools gold! Even we know the outcome would have been different with those teams at full strength. We would like to say that the results would have been the same but that would be lame to do so.

Jeremy
01-18-2008, 04:23 PM
It's funny how absolutely no mention is being made of the Suns being without Grant Hill.

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Of course not. That's fools gold! Even we know the outcome would have been different with those teams at full strength. We would like to say that the results would have been the same but that would be lame to do so.

Youre right....Suns fans shouldn't care.

We just beat a team that we're suppose to beat.

For the umpteenth time. (19-7 against the Lakers since Nash returned)

But LMAO at comparing LA's win over San Antonio IN LA against the Spurs without Tim Duncan and Tony Parker to the Suns win IN LA against a Lakers team without Andrew Bynum.

Bynum?

Who?

You guys act like you didn't have Kobe and you act like the Suns didn't lead from start to finish without the Lakers even getting close.

I hope your team isn't as satisfied with their Bynum-less performance as you are. Otherwise its gonna be a LONG couple of months!

btw - The "rebound" that DazedAndConfused is talking about was actually in game 6. I don't know how the Lakers (or anyone) could win that series 4-1 in that situation.

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Youre right....Suns fans shouldn't care.

We just beat a team that we're suppose to beat.

For the umpteenth time. (19-7 against the Lakers since Nash returned)

But LMAO at comparing LA's win over San Antonio IN LA against the Spurs without Tim Duncan and Tony Parker to the Suns win IN LA against a Lakers team without Andrew Bynum.

Bynum?

Who?

You guys act like you didn't have Kobe and you act like the Suns didn't lead from start to finish without the Lakers even getting close.

I hope your team isn't as satisfied with their Bynum-less performance as you are. Otherwise its gonna be a LONG couple of months!

btw - The "rebound" that DazedAndConfused is talking about was actually in game 6. I don't know how the Lakers (or anyone) could win that series 4-1 in that situation.

Bynum who? 2nd in the NBA in dunks and holds the highest FG percentage of any player. Oh, and he's 20 years old too. But you're right, he's just a scrub :rolleyes

Again the only games that count are when the teams are at full strength because in the playoffs that is the most likely scenario. Lakers are 2-0.

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Bynum who? 2nd in the NBA in dunks and holds the highest FG percentage of any player. Oh, and he's 20 years old too. But you're right, he's just a scrub :rolleyes

Again the only games that count are when the teams are at full strength because in the playoffs that is the most likely scenario. Lakers are 2-0.

Bynum?

I thought you guys were suppose to get KEVIN GARNETT!!!!!

Isnt that what we've been hearing for the past three years?

Where was Bynum when the Lakers were getting their asses handed to them in the playoffs last year?

Or the year before that?

The Lakers bubble is about to burst (see schedule). Good luck making the playoffs.

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Bynum?

I thought you guys were suppose to get KEVIN GARNETT!!!!!

Isnt that what we've been hearing for the past three years?

Where was Bynum when the Lakers were getting their asses handed to them in the playoffs last year?

Or the year before that?

The Lakers bubble is about to burst (see schedule). Good luck making the playoffs.

Bynum was 18-19 years old you moron with little to no prior experience. How hard is it for you to understand the concept that young players tend to GET BETTER WITH EXPERIENCE? Your fucking stupid.

da_suns_fan
01-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Bynum was 18-19 years old you moron with little to no prior experience. How hard is it for you to understand the concept that young players tend to GET BETTER WITH EXPERIENCE? Your fucking stupid.

I'll probably get chided for this by the regulars, but.....

THE IRONY!!!!!! :lol

DazedAndConfused
01-18-2008, 05:54 PM
I'll probably get chided for this by the regulars, but.....

THE IRONY!!!!!! :lol

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Nash2Amare
01-19-2008, 11:49 PM
Our bench blew it, dipshits, it's not like our starters fucked it up.

We always play like trash without Nash. We held the lead until the buzzer. Who cares, really means nothin' to me with the injuries of Bynum and Hill.

Wait til the playoffs, Amare will pack Bynum's lunch like he does to everyone
You Laker fans are probably the same ones who thought Kwame could contain Amare last year..lmao

Nash2Amare
01-19-2008, 11:51 PM
And now he has experience after getting slapped around in 5 last year? WOW.