PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Pop

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Yeah, the guys came out flat, so what...

I will contine to call out Pop as long as he refuses to address the FT shooting problem and brushes it off with the random excuses from saying we're a bad FT shooting team with no hope of getting better to being worried about it hurting so and so's manhood.

That's bullshit, this team deserves better.

Oh, and on nights when Rasho is outplaying Tim, please give him some PT in the fourth, and quit running four fucking down when Tim's playing softer than Charmin.

Oh yeah, one more thing, Bruce Bowen either needs to quit with the poor man's Jordan interpretation, or be sat on the pine (see, it wasn't all Pop's fault Tpark).

ducks
01-02-2005, 11:40 PM
also if duncan has a cold and is tired

you make sure has energy and legs to make shots in 4
or you BENCH HIM

Walton Buys Off Me
01-02-2005, 11:42 PM
Bowen was as useless as a fag in a whorehouse tonight.

Another one that needs to look in the mirror because he's not justifying his minutes out there when he stinks it up on both end of the floor like he did tonight.

Nikos
01-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Bowen was as useless as a fag in a whorehouse tonight.

Another one that needs to look in the mirror because he's not justifying his minutes out there when he stinks it up on both end of the floor like he did tonight.

I don't know why, but that made me laugh out loud. :lol

T Park
01-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Who says Im disagreeing with you Aggie.

Why dont you wait for people to give there opinion before calling them out.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-02-2005, 11:53 PM
Because it's usually the same ;)

T Park
01-02-2005, 11:54 PM
oh wait

POP RULES!!!!

Hows that?? :)

GoSpurs21
01-02-2005, 11:59 PM
while I agree Bowen played like shit against Peja, all defense Barry is not the solution.
1-2 shooting in 12 minutes proves that. Hey Barry if you have an open 3 at least shot it instead of being a coward and passing

SequSpur
01-03-2005, 12:00 AM
I hope Pop quits. I don't like his attitude.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-03-2005, 12:23 AM
1-2 shooting in 12 minutes proves that

The only thing that pisses me off more than our FT shooting is people on this board bagging on Barry for only shooting the ball X number of times as proof he shouldn't be out there.

There's a lot more to the game of basketball than how many shots you take (but Barry's .500 was > Tim's .33, where is your bitching about that?), Barry brings a lot of little things and smart play to the game, which seems lost on the majority of this board.

Our team flows out there a lot better with Barry in the game, he was the one pushing tempo, making cuts, quickly reversing the ball to Manu for a wide open three, picking off a pass that would have been a dunk for Miller, shit like that that's apparently lost on anyone who comes on here with the tired "he was 1-2, he sucks" shit that I see on this thread.

I don't see you cutting on Bowen GoSpurs, he was one for pathetic ass eight from the floor. Oh, and for all your ragging on Barry, he made the most FTs tonight of anyone on this team, and despite taking just four attempts made more than Tim. Pretty damn sad. When the rest of our team was going 38% from the floor, Barry was taking it to the rack and getting points at the damn line, something that escaped the rest of our squad.

But yeah, he was 1-2, *play Bowen.*

conversekid
01-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Spurs played like crap and only lost by 5... settle down.

Next...

T Park
01-03-2005, 12:33 AM
No reason tonight Barry shouldn't have gotten more minutes, and Bowen less.

Stoyokovic was not gonna miss tonight, and when freed up on those picks and DUncan not switiching out quick enough, you might as well put someone in to make Peja work on the other end.

Ginobili
Barry
Parker
DUncan
Nesterovic

shouldve been the lineup in the game for the last 9 minutes.

GoSpurs21
01-03-2005, 12:36 AM
Bowen was as useless as a fag in a whorehouse tonight.Why is it that aggies know about fag whorehouses? Sounds like thats what they have in college station

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-03-2005, 12:48 AM
Walton is not an Ag, but you're still obviously a dumbass, a basketball illiterate one at that.

GoSpurs21
01-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Walton is not an Ag, but you're still obviously a dumbass, a basketball illiterate one at that."I played so badly, I felt I drug the guys into a hole," Duncan said. "We didn't play our best. I got enough good looks, (but) they just didn't go down."

The Spurs' weak perimeter shooting was obvious, with the starting five shooting just 20-for-57 (!!!). San Antonio also made just nine of its 18 free throws.

"I thought Sac crowded (Duncan) real well," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "They did a good job of bringing guys at him. They mixed things up real well. ... Holding Sac to 86 points, that's tough to do. Our shooting and free throws betrayed us."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=250102023
Who's the dumb ass?
Yea Barry's not playing more than 12min is the reason we lost

At least the Spurs are man enough to man up to the truth unlike the cotton bowl losers

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-03-2005, 01:14 AM
Wow, you got me, we lost the Cotton Bowl. Ow.

If Duncan was being crowded "real well", why did we keep forcing it to him? Your little soundbite doesn't prove anything regarding Brent's PT tonight, it just shows you don't have a take other than the party line. Figures.

What truth am I supposed to own up to? The Spurs were +5 with Barry in the game, which is more than you could say about anyone not named Horry or Manu tonight. He should have got more run, and no soundbite you can dig up will change that, or make you right.

The first sign on this board that you don't have a take is when you resort to weak "Cotton Bowl/ Aggie-fag" smacktalk, and duck the questions being asked of you.

Figures.

alamo50
01-03-2005, 05:45 AM
I will contine to call out Pop as long as he refuses to address the FT shooting problem and brushes it off with the random excuses from saying we're a bad FT shooting team with no hope of getting better to being worried about it hurting so and so's manhood.

Don't believe everything Pop tells the media Aggie.

xcoriate
01-03-2005, 06:52 AM
Totally agree with ahf here, Barry deserves more, you don't bring him here to melely sit him on the pine....

And for god sakes if Bowen can't hold his man, then get him off the floor he is useless otherwise. Sure he has the odd game where he hits his shots but Barry is to offence what Bowen is to D

He does it all pass, cut, move the ball he understands offence better than 95% of the league. DONT FUCKING BENCH HIM!

I have no beef with bowen playing and taking his man out of the game, his O is gravy after that but if hes not working defensively you have to bench him.

ZStomp
01-03-2005, 07:16 AM
I like all u posers....one loss and the sky is falling.

Get over it.

It's a loss.

I hate to tell you this. But there are gonna be another 15-20 loses.

boutons
01-03-2005, 07:31 AM
STFU with "it's just one loss"

When you lose a game to a vastly inferior team and you make the same fucking chosen mistakes over and over to cause the loss, it's a very BFD.

If Tim is having a bad night, why sacrifice the game by continuing to go to him as the first and only option possession after possession right up through crunch time? It's fucking robotically stupid.

It's like the 4 losses to LA, the players and the coaching didn't make adjustments, didn't "find a way to win". It's collective stupidity.

Brodels
01-03-2005, 07:41 AM
When you lose a game to a vastly inferior team and you make the same fucking chosen mistakes over and over to cause the loss, it's a very BFD.

I agree with most of what's been said in this thread. Play the guys that are doing the job.

But I think you underestimate Sacramento and overestimate SA. SA hasn't been 'vastly superior' to Sac for years. Sacramento won't win a championship, but they will make the playoffs and win a series or two. They are a good team.

The Kings have already lost four times at home, but it's hard to win at Arco. Not to dismiss the team's poor play, but the Spurs aren't going to win every game.

angel_luv
01-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Wasn't a great night for the good guys. But no worries! We will prevail!

ZStomp
01-03-2005, 08:28 AM
STFU with "it's just one loss"

If Tim is having a bad night, why sacrifice the game by continuing to go to him as the first and only option possession after possession right up through crunch time? It's fucking robotically stupid.

It's like the 4 losses to LA, the players and the coaching didn't make adjustments, didn't "find a way to win". It's collective stupidity.

It's just one loss.

Get over it.

You're comparing a game in Jan to the playoffs. :lol

You act like SAC is Atlanta....:rollseyes

boutons
01-03-2005, 08:36 AM
"you underestimate Sacramento"

If you look at the SA vs SAC season stats matchup, the Spurs are better in every key category, and where the Spurs are worse (PPG), we are #1 in the compensating category, PPG allowed. Spurs even shoots better team FG% than offensively-oriented, crappy-defense SAC. Spurs D, the Reason They Win, let SAC get SAC's season avg of 23 AST last night, rather than pulling SAC down toward the Spurs AST allowed of 15.

SAC played a really crappy game, and were saved only by Peja having a very hot night from 3's.

Spurs played a reallly 1) lethargic and 2) dumb game. When Plan A and B don't work (Tim is shitty and stupid, Tony no shows), then, duh, blindly stick with Plan A and B. There isn't a plan C where "the Spurs are actually better when I (Tim) am just another option" aka "motion offense" (based on crisp passing and penetrating).

Malone pulled Tim out from the basket in the LA series, and Webber did it last night. Why? Because neither one of them have the speed and mobility remaining to play under the basket, to drive, to win off the dribble, the power moves, but both can still shoot and pass very damn well. So if the Spurs have to defend an immobile Malone/Webber passer/shooter-only way out on the wing, why waste Tim on that? We are playing to their game plan: "Pull Tim out, less rebounds, less putbacks"

And btw, Tim, the fact that you can't beat anyone off the dribble, even a semi-cripple and overweight has-been like Webber, means STOP FUCKING PUTTING THE BALL ON FLOOR in the middle of traffic. That's the OPPOSITION's dream game plan for you!! Like clockwork, you either lose the ball or get fouled and miss your fucking FTs. Lost possession, over and over and over. If you aren't open, PASS THE FUCKING ROCK around to somebody who is, and do it RIGHT AWAY, not after 10 seconds of statue of Liberty imitation.

Spurs have yet to beat any top team on the road this year. They look like IND and DET last season, not beating any top WC team even once on the road.

Slo spurs fan
01-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Good point! ^

gophergeorge
01-03-2005, 09:54 AM
"Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes, it rains.

Think about that for awhile..."

Brodels
01-03-2005, 10:10 AM
If you look at the SA vs SAC season stats matchup, the Spurs are better in every key category, and where the Spurs are worse (PPG), we are #1 in the compensating category, PPG allowed. Spurs even shoots better team FG% than offensively-oriented, crappy-defense SAC. Spurs D, the Reason They Win, let SAC get SAC's season avg of 23 AST last night, rather than pulling SAC down toward the Spurs AST allowed of 15.

Be a box score jockey if you want to. I don't care where SAC is in certain statistical categories. It doesn't matter. Each team has played a different schedule and has had different kinds of injury problems.

The number of assists the Spurs allowed doesn't matter. The point of playing defense isn't to limit the number of assists your opponent gets. It's to try to hold your opponent to the fewest number of points possible. The Spurs held Sacramento to 86 points while playing on the road. The defense wasn't perfect, but it isn't going to be every night. If the Spurs can consistently limit the Kings to 86 points at Arco, I'll take it every time. I don't give a crap how many assists the Kings had.

SAC played a really crappy game, and were saved only by Peja having a very hot night from 3's.

Both teams played crappy. But it's still hard to win at Arco, and as you noticed, Peja did play well. I'm never happy with losses and everyone here knows I'm among the first to criticize the team, but if you expect them to go 82-0, you're going to be disappointed.

Spurs played a reallly 1) lethargic and 2) dumb game. When Plan A and B don't work (Tim is shitty and stupid, Tony no shows), then, duh, blindly stick with Plan A and B. There isn't a plan C where "the Spurs are actually better when I (Tim) am just another option" aka "motion offense" (based on crisp passing and penetrating).

Tim was sick, and Tony didn't have his best game. Tony has been playing better lately. I'm fully aware that they need him to be consistent, but it's just one game.

And in case you didn't notice, every team that relies on the motion offense as the primary offensive scheme in the playoffs loses. The motion offense should be another tool that Pop implements, but it isn't a magical solution. Good defensive teams can defend that better than they can other systems.

Malone pulled Tim out from the basket in the LA series, and Webber did it last night. Why? Because neither one of them have the speed and mobility remaining to play under the basket, to drive, to win off the dribble, the power moves, but both can still shoot and pass very damn well. So if the Spurs have to defend an immobile Malone/Webber passer/shooter-only way out on the wing, why waste Tim on that? We are playing to their game plan: "Pull Tim out, less rebounds, less putbacks"

Malone and Webber pull Duncan out from under the basket on their offensive ends. Here's a newsflash: Tim can't get putbacks on that end of the floor.

I mean, what are you advocating? Do you want Tim to guard the opponent's center?

And btw, Tim, the fact that you can't beat anyone off the dribble, even a semi-cripple and overweight has-been like Webber, means STOP FUCKING PUTTING THE BALL ON FLOOR in the middle of traffic. That's the OPPOSITION's dream game plan for you!! Like clockwork, you either lose the ball or get fouled and miss your fucking FTs. Lost possession, over and over and over. If you aren't open, PASS THE FUCKING ROCK around to somebody who is, and do it RIGHT AWAY, not after 10 seconds of statue of Liberty imitation.

Tim had a shitty game. Relax. It happens.

Good things happen a lot of the time when Tim puts the ball on the floor.

Spurs have yet to beat any top team on the road this year. They look like IND and DET last season, not beating any top WC team even once on the road.

This is the best they've started a season in a long while. I'm not satisfied with how they're playing either, but they usually don't peak until later in the season anyway. There are going to be some bad moments. That's just the way NBA basketball is. If the Spurs aren't winning some key road games in three months, then you have every cause to be concerned.

And if the Spurs end up looking like Detroit like you say they are beginning to do, I'll take it. The Pistons somehow won the title last year despite struggling on the road against western conference teams. If the Spurs can be just like the Pistons, I'll take it.

SpursChampsIII
01-03-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm not going to get excited about losing a road game to Sacramento as much as losing a road game to Toronto after holding a 20 point lead. However, the burr in my a$$ has been Malik Rose. I would rather see Horry get ALL of Malik's minutes. I've seen him TOO MANY times singlehandedly break our momentum. I'll give him two compliments...he's a likeable guy and he makes good Philly Cheese Steaks. Also, when Bowen is not playing defense particularly well, please sit him!

I don't disagree with what many said already, Tim and Tony played like horse dung, Malik and Bowen even more so, Rasho looked very good for once and should have played more, Brown didn't meet a shot he didn't like last night, Barry should have played much more, etc. However, all this being said, we beat this team 4-1 in the playoffs EASY. Same as Phoenix, these guys think they can win it all with offense...ain't going to happen!

This team is championship bound...stay on the bandwagon!

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-03-2005, 12:18 PM
Sacramento hadn't beaten a team with a winning record in over a month, glad we could accomodate them :(

Jimcs50
01-03-2005, 12:34 PM
would we have won if Pop had gotten tossed in 1st Q again?

boutons
01-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Spurs now have a pretty crappy road record compared other WC top teams:

Suns 12-2
Sonics 11-3
(Heat 12-4)
Kings 7-5
Spurs 11 - 6
Mavs 10-6

The Spurs have plenty more opportunities this month of January to figure out how to win on the road, with nothing but hard-lessons of WC teams:

Mon 10 @Utah

Sat 15 @Houston

Fri 21 @Phoenix

Sun 23 @Sacramento
Mon 24 @Portland

Mon 31 @Seattle (starts the Rodeo Road Trip of the better EC teams )

Come on, Spurs you can do it.

As I did Jan 1 04, on Saturday afternoon, I drove out Hiway 281 north to get $60 of fireworks in preparation for next June!!

td4mvp21
01-03-2005, 03:05 PM
what you guys forget is that two years ago when the spurs won the championship, they did not start out with a good road record. It took some time before they started winning those big games.