PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs logical-fantasy trade thread!

Chucho
01-17-2008, 10:18 PM
It's fairly apparent the Spurs are not what they were last year. The defense is broken, the role players seem to stand behind the arc and jack up threes all game (which works occasionally) no one not named Duncan seems to rebound well and frankly, the injuries excuse just doesn't hold up anymore. They have few quality wins this season and they are struggling in more areas than a championship team should and it is sadly sobering to this Spurs fan. So my question to the Spurs nation is, what trade would you make to help fix this squad to help them repeat. And mind you, make it logical (i.e, don't say trade Jaque Vaughn for Kobe) and the Spurs do have an expiring contract or two (namely Brent Barry)

I think I'd try and package Barry's contract and Francisco "I'll catch a sharp pass under the hoop sooner than later" Elson and maybe some cash to the Clips and try and pry Corey Maggette away from them. Maggette voiced disdain and a want to leave L.A last year and he can score and rebound and plays solid D.

I'd also bench Bruce a little more. He has almost zero offensive initiative bricking 3 of his 4 open threes a game and he has visibly lost two steps on D. I do love what little Iwe've seen of Ime Udoka. And of course I'd give Manu about five to six minutes more per. Per 40 Manu is statistically the fifth best player in the league and shoots better than Kobe.

What would ya'll do??

ChumpDumper
01-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Make up a new screen name.

Chucho
01-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Howabout no.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Yea I'd rather stick with the roster.

Chucho
01-17-2008, 10:41 PM
This roster? Really?!?!

ChumpDumper
01-17-2008, 10:47 PM
This roster is ok. No one is going to help us.

timmy21_4rings
01-17-2008, 10:49 PM
Howabout no.

Please change your screen name...

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-17-2008, 10:49 PM
This roster? Really?!?!
Well there's no other roster the Spurs can keep...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-17-2008, 11:03 PM
Playing Manu more minutes would just run him down. I am a little worried about Bruce's form though.

No need for panic, calm down. It is the middle of January and this game was the low point of the season.

Also, why would the Clips give us Maggette? He's their no. one option right now.

mrsmaalox
01-18-2008, 12:06 AM
No need for panic, calm down. It is the middle of January and this game was the low point of the season.

Absolutely! They played like crap and only lost by 2 points! So what?

Obstructed_View
01-18-2008, 12:11 AM
Yeah let's trade a center for yet another small guy who can't do anything without the ball in his hands. That'll fix everything.

Budkin
01-18-2008, 01:31 AM
The roster is fine... we just need to make more freaking shots.

T Park
01-18-2008, 01:33 AM
I am a little worried about Bruce's form though

:lmao

short term memory loss forum

genomefreak13
01-18-2008, 02:04 AM
[QUOTE=Tim>Jesus]It's fairly apparent the Spurs are not what they were last year. The defense is broken, the role players seem to stand behind the arc and jack up threes all game (which works occasionally) no one not named Duncan seems to rebound well OUOTE]

I wouldn't touch the roster. The roster is fine. It's the other teams rosters that are different. The spurs players must adjust. Since the spurs won it all the way last year, the other teams re-built with the spurs in mind. To them spurs is the team to beat. Pop didn't make any difference in the personnel maybe because he believes that the cohesion would help the spurs get the repeat. The previous attempts was a failure because he was compelled to change personnel on the second year.

Remember, Stephen jackson? He was ditched out because of his demands for a long year contract ( I know it would be impractical to accept his offer but... ) I think, the sudden personnel changed spelled disaster on spurs championship defense that year.

The improvement should be made through the free agency - not through a trade. I don't know who they can add but I know what they are lacking "Inside presence defensively". A big, physical and defensive-minded center (like danny fortson) and small forward (jumaine jones) would do good for the team's inside D.

But to be honest, I want fortson with the spurs...He's big, he rebounds, he's physical and he has an attitude. That would give the spurs more spice. Specially during the playoffs.