PDA

View Full Version : The Cloverfield Monster-Spoiler

The Genius
01-18-2008, 04:14 PM
What it looks like. Har Har. Everyone dies in the movie, Manhattan gets nuked to kill the monster.

*edit* Leveled, not nuked. :D
http://media.filmschoolrejects.com/images/cloverfieldmonsterart01.jpg

Burn531
01-18-2008, 04:58 PM
The girl in the purple dress(Lily?) doesn't die. She got on the 1st helicopter that got away.

mrsmaalox
01-18-2008, 05:12 PM
You got a pic of the parasite spiders?

johnsmith
01-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Is this seriously the monster?

Fuck, how did I know this would end as a dissapointment?

nkdlunch
01-18-2008, 05:25 PM
WGAF this movie is gonna suck

The Genius
01-18-2008, 06:01 PM
You got a pic of the parasite spiders?

Yep

http://media.filmschoolrejects.com/images/cloverfieldmonsterart07.jpg

midgetonadonkey
01-18-2008, 06:07 PM
That looks like it sucks.

Phenomanul
01-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Are those supposed to be crustaceans?

ace3g
01-18-2008, 07:25 PM
first of all they didn't nuke the city, the camera wouldn't survive a nuke

ace3g
01-18-2008, 07:32 PM
also at the end of the credits there is some distorted audio from Rob that says either help us, what now, or something else so basically Rob and Beth survived

Also someone on IMDB.com replayed that audio backwards and he says "it's still alive"

and the reason why it wasn't a nuke is because you hear 2 explosions before all the debris covers the camera

peewee's lovechild
01-18-2008, 08:12 PM
I had such high hopes for this movie.

Xolotl
01-18-2008, 08:30 PM
It's the shaking camera that got to me, made me want to throw up

Borosai
01-18-2008, 08:33 PM
why does this thing have abs?

and hairy balls...

ace3g
01-18-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't know why so many people have problems with shaky cameras, I didn't have a problem with Cloverfield or the last 2 Bourne movies.

florige
01-18-2008, 10:56 PM
I don't know why so many people have problems with shaky cameras, I didn't have a problem with Cloverfield or the last 2 Bourne movies.

Some people (like myself) get queasy with all that first person stuff. I can't play certain games when the camera is moving every which way. Im still going to try and see the movie because I have been looking forward to it, but I'll leave or put my head down if I start to feel dizzy or neaous.

ace3g
01-18-2008, 11:10 PM
also if people have trouble with the movie as a whole and the ending, go to all the viral marketing sites they are still updating on the events of cloverfield, Yes JJ Abrams has created the first internet interrelated movie ever.

The Genius
01-19-2008, 01:04 AM
Nuked, leveled, everything went kapoo. Yes there's a difference, I know, it's just a movie where people were tooled by hype.

Mr Dio
01-19-2008, 01:12 AM
It sucked, It sucked hard.

I got queasy to boot.

DarkReign
01-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Some people (like myself) get queasy with all that first person stuff. I can't play certain games when the camera is moving every which way. Im still going to try and see the movie because I have been looking forward to it, but I'll leave or put my head down if I start to feel dizzy or neaous.

My cousin cant watch me play FPS games for this reason. He gets queasy from the camera.

Spurfect
01-19-2008, 04:20 PM
i liked it. i didn't like the no explanations part. and i did get motion sickness.

fraga
01-20-2008, 10:23 AM
I thought this movie was alright. It was pretty much like I thought it was gonna be. The home video point of view was a little much for me. I would have rather them do a half and half type filming. I actually got a little headache by the time it was all over. The action sequences were actually pretty entertaining. The monster WAS very different then anything ever seen. So far, I've been reading mixed things all over the net as to some things related to the movie.

-Apparently Tagaruto was the company Rob was leaving to go work which made a drink called "Slusho". That company is reported to have make a drink(Slush) with a mysterious ingredient.

-There was a part on the old home movie, where something falling out of the sky into the ocean can be seen hitting the water in the background. Some are saying that its' either part of the Tagaruto Satellite (The company who makes Slusho) or the Monster itself in some sort of egg/cacoon form.

Also, did anyone else notice the little crabby spider monsters making like a high pitched almost chicken like squeal when they attacked. I thought that was kinda funny and odd.

Xolotl
01-20-2008, 10:35 AM
My cousin cant watch me play FPS games for this reason. He gets queasy from the camera.

Try turning down the sensitivity to slow down the spinning then he can join ya in killing people