PDA

View Full Version : Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl

Chris Childs
01-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Reason #1 is Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs huge frame while running over and through the defense will leave the Pats defenders wanting to run home to Mama. I have a hard time thinking anyone can tackle a 6'4 264 pound man in that type of situation, esp. when it's the SB. If you think the Patriots are going to shut down the Giants running game, you have another thing coming.

Reason #2 is Ahmad Bradshaw. After Jacobs wears out the defense, Bradshaw is brought in to run right by them with his blazing speed. The Pats defense will be too tired to deal with Bradshaw at that point.

Reason #3 is the Giants pass rush. It's not just the pressure from the front 4. The Giants also have an attacking, pressure defense that is relentless. At any point a backer or a DB could come in a blitz, seemingly out of nowhere. The Giants will put pressure on Brady, and disrupt the timing of the Pats passing attack.

Reason #4 is the Giants superior special teams. Jeff Feagles is the best punter in football at placing the ball deep in the opposing team's territory, and he will be a huge weapon in this game. On top of that, the Giants have an excellent return game with Hixon and Bradshaw in kickoff returns, and McQuarters in punt returns.The Giants will win a tough, close, hard fought football game that will come down to the wire. The Giants will prevail 24-21.

florige
01-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Reason #1 is Brandon Jacobs. Jacobs huge frame while running over and through the defense will leave the Pats defenders wanting to run home to Mama. I have a hard time thinking anyone can tackle a 6'4 264 pound man in that type of situation, esp. when it's the SB. If you think the Patriots are going to shut down the Giants running game, you have another thing coming.

Reason #2 is Ahmad Bradshaw. After Jacobs wears out the defense, Bradshaw is brought in to run right by them with his blazing speed. The Pats defense will be too tired to deal with Bradshaw at that point.

Reason #3 is the Giants pass rush. It's not just the pressure from the front 4. The Giants also have an attacking, pressure defense that is relentless. At any point a backer or a DB could come in a blitz, seemingly out of nowhere. The Giants will put pressure on Brady, and disrupt the timing of the Pats passing attack.

Reason #4 is the Giants superior special teams. Jeff Feagles is the best punter in football at placing the ball deep in the opposing team's territory, and he will be a huge weapon in this game. On top of that, the Giants have an excellent return game with Hixon and Bradshaw in kickoff returns, and McQuarters in punt returns.The Giants will win a tough, close, hard fought football game that will come down to the wire. The Giants will prevail 24-21.

I hope you are right. If our secondary can hold up, which it has been doing better than the start of the season then maybe. But that line HAS GOT to continue to protect Eli, That is the key right there.

monosylab1k
01-19-2008, 12:15 AM
The Giants will have to beat the Packers in a snowstorm first. That's not happening.

Findog
01-19-2008, 01:05 AM
What mono said. I don't think even the Pats could beat Green Bay in those elements.

KidCongo
01-19-2008, 02:16 AM
Pats have to beat the chargers first...

J.T.
01-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Pats have to beat the chargers first...

I'm so ready for this stupid troll and TSA to get served on Sunday. LT and Rivers aren't 100% and you guys are expecting to beat the Pats? Better hope their D chokes the way the Colts did, but a team that's 17-0 probably won't do that.

I'd rather the Pats lose in the Super Bowl, in overtime, by a field goal that is tipped but still goes through. That would be the ultimate in your face to all Patriots fans. Still probably won't happen, but it's nice to know every man on the Patriots roster is going to hell since they sold their souls for 19-0.

samikeyp
01-19-2008, 08:53 AM
I hope you are right. If our secondary can hold up, which it has been doing better than the start of the season then maybe. But that line HAS GOT to continue to protect Eli, That is the key right there.

"Our " secondary?

I thought you were a Ravens fan.

:smokin

samikeyp
01-19-2008, 08:54 AM
The Giants will have to beat the Packers in a snowstorm first. That's not happening.

Agreed. The Lambeau Gods won't let #4 lose this game.

Extra Stout
01-19-2008, 01:56 PM
What mono said. I don't think even the Pats could beat Green Bay in those elements.
At Lambeau, probably not, but the Pats have won playoff games in Foxboro under similar conditions.

san antonio spurs
01-19-2008, 03:33 PM
"Our " secondary?

:lol

Extra Stout
01-19-2008, 03:44 PM
"Our " secondary?

The bandwagon runs back and forth on I-95.

greenroom
01-19-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm so ready for this stupid troll and TSA to get served on Sunday. LT and Rivers aren't 100% and you guys are expecting to beat the Pats? Better hope their D chokes the way the Colts did, but a team that's 17-0 probably won't do that.

I'd rather the Pats lose in the Super Bowl, in overtime, by a field goal that is tipped but still goes through. That would be the ultimate in your face to all Patriots fans. Still probably won't happen, but it's nice to know every man on the Patriots roster is going to hell since they sold their souls for 19-0.
Your still here after TSA served you and your team last year?
:nope

Chris Childs
01-20-2008, 10:36 PM
Bump This Prophetic Thread!!

Matchman
01-20-2008, 10:38 PM
All Hail the Great Chris Childs.
GO GIANTS

Findog
01-20-2008, 11:52 PM
lesser of two evils!

lefty
01-20-2008, 11:54 PM
The Patriots and the Coyotes will be only male teams in Phoenix that Sunday.

Findog
01-21-2008, 12:37 AM
At Lambeau, probably not, but the Pats have won playoff games in Foxboro under similar conditions.

On second thought, nevermind.

florige
01-21-2008, 08:00 AM
The bandwagon runs back and forth on I-95.

Check out my profile. Giants, Ravens and O's have been there as the list of teams I follow since the day I started here at Spurs talk. Heck I root for the Orioles, why would I have to lie. I'm sure that if you guys look back you will find post with me stating that everytime the Giants come to Fed-Ex I buy tickets, and I go up there with my Shockey jersey on, when they were sucking it up. Anyone else who would like to go there about me being on the "bandwagon" I will happiliy look up the thread for you....