01-18-2008, 10:36 PM
please

BonnerDynasty
01-18-2008, 11:36 PM
It'd be cool to get the 8th seed.

m33p0
01-18-2008, 11:53 PM
boo-hoo-hoo...
might as well make plans for the summer.

KidCongo
01-18-2008, 11:55 PM
u forgot to write fixed

ChumpDumper
01-19-2008, 12:12 AM
weak-ass whackness

FromWayDowntown
01-19-2008, 12:15 AM
Ah, I see we've fast-forwarded to 2012.

MavDynasty
01-19-2008, 12:16 AM
I agree,their championships have been flukes.They got all the call to go their way and the other team didnt make shots they normally make.They are finally paying for it.

TD is trash and Parker is just a scrub.

marini martini
01-19-2008, 12:17 AM
I agree,their championships have been flukes.They got all the call to go their way and the other team didnt make shots they normally make.They are finally paying for it.

And you're from Dallas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol :toast :lol

Sucks to be you :lol

peewee's lovechild
01-19-2008, 12:19 AM
Marini is drunk again.

marini martini
01-19-2008, 12:24 AM
Marini is drunk again.

And PeeWee has the night off :lol :lol :lol

Please_dont_ban_me
01-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Ah, I see we've fast-forwarded to 2012.

Hah. :elephant

MavericksDynasty
01-19-2008, 12:26 AM

You're stealing my shtick.

MavDynasty
01-19-2008, 01:10 AM
You're stealing my shtick.
sry :toast

ehz33satx
01-19-2008, 01:30 AM
I think its safe to say the Spurs have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Mavericks have of ever winning a championship. And that's the truth.

Findog
01-19-2008, 01:34 AM
I think its safe to say the Spurs have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Mavericks have of ever winning a championship. And that's the truth.

Ever is a pretty long time.

Supreme_Being
01-19-2008, 01:35 AM
Give me a break.

ehz33satx
01-19-2008, 01:38 AM
Ever is a pretty long time.

Live with it.

Findog
01-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Live with it.

Mavs are an elite franchise now with an owner financially committed to winning. I like our chances. We're not the T-Wolves or Grizzlies. Do you know what the big picture is?

ehz33satx
01-19-2008, 01:47 AM
Mavs are an elite franchise now with an owner financially committed to winning. I like our chances. We're not the T-Wolves or Grizzlies. Do you know what the big picture is?

The Mavs have been an elite franchise for the past several years. Where has that gotten them but bounced by an 8th seed, beaten 4 times in a row in the Finals after being up 3-0, and left emotionally scarred. Mavs fans have been dreaming the same big picture for years. But hey, I wish you AND them luck. It feels great celebrating championships.

Findog
01-19-2008, 01:53 AM
The Mavs have been an elite franchise for the past several years. Where has that gotten them but bounced by an 8th seed, beaten 4 times in a row in the Finals after being up 3-0, and left emotionally scarred. Mavs fans have been dreaming the same big picture for years. But hey, I wish you AND them luck. It feels great celebrating championships.

Mavs were never up 3-0 in the Finals. You sound like a Laker fan circa 1997. The Spurs had their playoff heartbreaks. The Mavs remind me of where San Antonio was in the mid-nineties. They might never break through, but my fandom isn't contigent upon winning a title. I never understand why fans play the title card if nobody is calling them out. The Spurs have four titles and yet one of the more insecure fanbases. I don't understand it.

LBJ dunks on Duncan
01-19-2008, 03:09 AM
dont cry at least u still have the rodeo

Yep!

LBJ dunks on Duncan
01-19-2008, 03:10 AM

:cooldevil

Budkin
01-19-2008, 03:11 AM
lawl at the troll.

spursfan09
01-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Mavs were never up 3-0 in the Finals. You sound like a Laker fan circa 1997. The Spurs had their playoff heartbreaks. The Mavs remind me of where San Antonio was in the mid-nineties. They might never break through, but my fandom isn't contigent upon winning a title. I never understand why fans play the title card if nobody is calling them out. The Spurs have four titles and yet one of the more insecure fanbases. I don't understand it.

Insecure fanbase? OH waht the fuck ever. If you want to believe that go ahead, but just because Spur fans like to defend thier team doens't have to make us insecure. We're just defending our team. I didn't know that if I moved my mouth about my team and bragged about thier championships that made me insecure....

m33p0
01-19-2008, 09:44 AM
I agree,their championship has been a fluke.They got all the call to go their way and the mavs didnt make shots they normally make.They are finally paying for it.

Shaq is trash and Wade is just a scrub.
fixed

genomefreak13
01-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Spurs will make it to the playoffs. Saying that they won't is wishful thinking. Spurs may not be the winnest team in terms of championships but they are one of the most successful NBA teams in terms of regular seasons wins. I think they hold a records with respect most season wins for the past ten years. We all know that to go to the playoffs , teams must win during the regular season, and this is what the spurs is accustomed to do.For them excellence is not only a goal but a tradition.

Being in the playoffs is a sure thing for the spurs. They may lose in the championship , BUT I doubt that they will miss the playoffs.

DubMcDub
01-19-2008, 11:37 AM
I never understand why fans play the title card if nobody is calling them out. The Spurs have four titles and yet one of the more insecure fanbases. I don't understand it.

Small town mentality for the ones that live in SA.

For the ones who don't, I can't explain it either, other than simply to say that they don't like the way Mavs fans don't bend over and take it from them.

jay014
01-19-2008, 11:52 AM
Yep!
That's alright you can have your sweep in the regular season we'll take ours in the finals.When Tim jumps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3A9buo77DI)

lonestr
01-19-2008, 01:06 PM

For the ones who don't, I can't explain it either, other than simply to say that they don't like the way Mavs fans don't bend over and take it from them.

Typical elitist mentality. So into yourselves in a heartless, soul-less, corporate minded city where the shared thinking is money can get you anything you want... hence Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban. The Mavs are fractured since the 2006 finals and last years historic first round exit. Nothing you say can slide you out of the rock you seem to be projecting these posts from. Before you posts childish comments such as these, have the courtesy to wipe some of the slime off your back, it seems to give you validation that you've "been there and done that" off the sweat of the Mavs failures. No, the stench of your monumental failures will not be forgotten anytime soon and don't try these stupid comments that only seem to be Oprah-esque in trying to gain some mental confidence to give you the warm fuzzy you crave as Mavs fans. You remind me of Stewart Smalley who needed self valuation by standing in front of a mirror and proclaim..."I'm special, I like myself, and doggone it I'm somebody!!".

It must really eat you inside that a small market team such as the Spurs can take themselves to the big dance and win the homecoming crown four times, where as the Mavs can't event stand on equal footing along with the Cowboys and the Stars with their championship pedigree and the best you can do is.."Small town mentality for the ones that live in SA."

I tell you my friends, it's a good day in Texas when the pretenders are giddy about their chances for a Championship and piss all over themselves like excited little puppies and forget the gigantic dump they left in the finals and the first round of lasts years playoffs.

pjjrfan
01-19-2008, 01:16 PM

Well one thing we can say about the Spurs when they have gotten to the finals they brought home the bacon. The Mavs had their chance and choked it away. Good luck in getting to the big dance again.

pjjrfan
01-19-2008, 01:19 PM

Well the fans don't bend over and take it, I'll give you that but your team has been bending over and gettting it for a while now.
As far as being insecure, well, maybe but it sure helps to have your team be the defending champs, makes talking smack a lot easier. Of course Mav fans wouldn't know that.

GoSpurs21
01-19-2008, 01:49 PM
the only thing I can say about this idiotic discussion is there is nothing funnier than the mavs geeks that live in their parents spare room coming to a Spurs forum to try and talk smack

"you live in a small town" - well that might be but its better than being a small minded geek living in a big town that has to come to the enemy's web site to justify his dial up bill

mav4ever - is your forum so lame that you have to come here to get someone to respond to your weak ass smack? Say all you want about fags and women, I bet you have never ever touched a woman and everyone knows how much you really like fags - that's all you ever talk about

davi78239
01-19-2008, 02:11 PM

Wow, if san antonio's a small town, then it's gotta be one of the biggest small towns I know of. What's the population here like close to 1.2 million (and that's just in the city limits not including the surrounding areas).

Kori Ellis
01-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Mavs fans behaved for a little while. Now many of them are back to being obnoxious freaks.

It's amazing to me that so many of them hate Spurs fans, hate San Antonio, hate San Antonio women, hate San Antonio men, and spend considerable time on a Spurs board run by a couple in San Antonio.

Shouldn't you all be playing on Mavs boards all day? San Antonians are so beneath you, I would think you wouldn't want to spend so much time slumming. :rolleyes

Armando
01-19-2008, 03:17 PM
Because David Stern won't let them

Extra Stout
01-19-2008, 03:43 PM
This thread reminds me of why trolling is so fun. You can make any dumbass comment slighting the Spurs, and are guaranteed at least a couple dozen responses. If you start up the city smack, the thread might go on for pages. It's like poking a stick in an anthill every time; the fans can't resist.

Findog
01-19-2008, 03:57 PM
Well the fans don't bend over and take it, I'll give you that but your team has been bending over and gettting it for a while now.

Is that how you define seven straight trips to the playoffs, three sixty win seasons, 8 series wins? If you're not winning a title, you're getting raped? So basically 26 teams are "bending over and getting it for a while now"?

Nice.

Findog
01-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Typical elitist mentality. So into yourselves in a heartless, soul-less, corporate minded city where the shared thinking is money can get you anything you want... hence Jerry Jones and Mark Cuban. The Mavs are fractured since the 2006 finals and last years historic first round exit. Nothing you say can slide you out of the rock you seem to be projecting these posts from. Before you posts childish comments such as these, have the courtesy to wipe some of the slime off your back, it seems to give you validation that you've "been there and done that" off the sweat of the Mavs failures. No, the stench of your monumental failures will not be forgotten anytime soon and don't try these stupid comments that only seem to be Oprah-esque in trying to gain some mental confidence to give you the warm fuzzy you crave as Mavs fans. You remind me of Stewart Smalley who needed self valuation by standing in front of a mirror and proclaim..."I'm special, I like myself, and doggone it I'm somebody!!".

It must really eat you inside that a small market team such as the Spurs can take themselves to the big dance and win the homecoming crown four times, where as the Mavs can't event stand on equal footing along with the Cowboys and the Stars with their championship pedigree and the best you can do is.."Small town mentality for the ones that live in SA."

I tell you my friends, it's a good day in Texas when the pretenders are giddy about their chances for a Championship and piss all over themselves like excited little puppies and forget the gigantic dump they left in the finals and the first round of lasts years playoffs.

Great analysis Dr. Phil. Way to diagnose the collective psyche of every player, coach and executive in the Mavs organization.
:toast

rascal
01-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Wow, if san antonio's a small town, then it's gotta be one of the biggest small towns I know of. What's the population here like close to 1.2 million (and that's just in the city limits not including the surrounding areas).

San Antonio is not small. I think he is referring about San Antonio having a small minded attitude.

Findog
01-19-2008, 04:32 PM
There is by far more hate for the Mavs and Mavs fans on the part of Spurs fans than vice versa. Which is surprising because one team has four titles and the other has an empty trophy case.

da_suns_fan
01-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Great sig. FinDog.

Did you know that you would have to drink a shot if that exact image appeared while playing "Swallowing the Spurs?"

mavs>spurs2
01-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Lol @ all the insecurity and crybabying in this thread. Why some people even feel the need to respond is beyond me.

debo
01-19-2008, 06:34 PM
spurs wont make playoffs

WHAT? WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME EARLIER? :cry

dumbass.........

da_suns_fan
01-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Mavs fans behaved for a little while. Now many of them are back to being obnoxious freaks.

It's amazing to me that so many of them hate Spurs fans, hate San Antonio, hate San Antonio women, hate San Antonio men, and spend considerable time on a Spurs board run by a couple in San Antonio.

Shouldn't you all be playing on Mavs boards all day? San Antonians are so beneath you, I would think you wouldn't want to spend so much time slumming. :rolleyes

THis is because the one's who actually stayed around knew better than to talk sh*t after their team had just committed one of the greatest chokes in sports history.

ClingingMars
01-19-2008, 07:34 PM
That's alright you can have your sweep in the regular season we'll take ours in the finals.When Tim jumps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3A9buo77DI)

http://whereislebron.ytmnd.com/

-Mars

ClingingMars
01-19-2008, 07:48 PM
What's fascinating about this thread is the Spurs fans (and surprisingly, Suns fans as well) are defending the "small market mentality" against the "big bad Dallas Maverick's fans" who are accusing Spurs fans of being defensive, despite the fact that they come in and basically piss on everything SA. But hell, whadda I know? I'm just a Southern boy from Virginia who loves the Cowboys just as much as he loves the Spurs.

-Mars

lonestr
01-19-2008, 10:15 PM
There is by far more hate for the Mavs and Mavs fans on the part of Spurs fans than vice versa. Which is surprising because one team has four titles and the other has an empty trophy case.

No, that's not it findog. It's about "Texas Pride". Since we did not make the 2006 finals and the Mavs did, we would think that the team that finally bested us in the playoffs would go on and win the whole thing. But no, instead of these guys representing our state or Spurs fans cheering a fellow Texas team to win the damn thing, they humiliate themselves in front of the world with a four straight game loss. After all the chest thumping that they are all that!! They finally get center stage and lay the biggest egg on national t.v. Then they lay another goose egg in their first round playoffs the next year. If the Mavs are the great team that we know they are and everyone agrees that they can win a championship, then why the hell can't they just do it? So when these punks come in here and talk smack, I'm sorry they don't deserve to be in this forum and build their team up when everyone knows the Mavs can't no matter how much their fans swing their package in here. And that's why we get tired of their sh!t when they come in here. Legends in their own mind.

ATXSPUR
01-19-2008, 10:47 PM
this might be the most boring troll ever.

Ever Be
01-19-2008, 10:56 PM
THis is because the one's who actually stayed around knew better than to talk sh*t after their team had just committed one of the greatest chokes in sports history.
Or maybe they just have respect.

Chucho
01-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Maverick fans, good lord. First of all, San Antonio is bigger than Dallas population wise, and I'll take a small town mentality with a franchise that is the winningest team in all of pro-sports for the past ten years then Choke-City any day. The Spurs have been better than the Yanks, better than the Pats, better than any limey soccer team. Tim Duncan will probably retire as the winningest player barring a Dirk-esque meltdown for the next four or five years of his career and choking seems to be contagious in Dallas, from Romo to Nowzitzki, to the second largest gay community in Texas choking on fat schlong. But I guess when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Or is that Romo-ans?

BonnerDynasty
01-20-2008, 12:06 AM
It's kind of scary how many "play on words" can be tied into Romo's name.

It can't be a coincidence.

TampaDude
01-20-2008, 12:07 AM
The Spurs WILL make the playoffs...BOOK IT!!!

Findog
01-20-2008, 12:33 PM
No, that's not it findog. It's about "Texas Pride". Since we did not make the 2006 finals and the Mavs did, we would think that the team that finally bested us in the playoffs would go on and win the whole thing. But no, instead of these guys representing our state or Spurs fans cheering a fellow Texas team to win the damn thing, they humiliate themselves in front of the world with a four straight game loss.

Most Mavs fans had to adopt the Spurs as a mistress to root for in the playoffs in the early to mid-nineties. I know I did. Gosh that was long ago. I rooted for the Spurs last year after our elimination so Finley could finally get his ring. But I remember this forum in the 06 Finals, the overwhelming sentiment was in favor of the Heat winning the title. If there were any Spurs fans rooting for the Mavs against Miami, they were in the overwhelming minority. There was no "Texas Pride" or even rooting for the Mavs to win the title so the Spurs could plausibly be labeled the runner-up. Every fanbase has its share of jackasses, and every board has its share of jackass opposing fan trolls trying to stir the pot. But there is just not the same amount of spite on the part of Mavs fans towards San Antonio as there is vice versa. There just isn't. I'm guessing it's rooted in the fact that the Mavs were horrible for so long and our fans had to adopt the Spurs or the Rockets as Texas teams to root for in the playoffs. It's a weird dynamic, usually the less-accomplished franchise has more resentment issues. I suppose part of it is Cuban doing his Andy Kaufman routine and playing a heel by insulting the Riverwalk and so forth. That's really my only point, Spurs fans have more venom for us than we do for them.

ClingingMars
01-20-2008, 12:45 PM
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/JustSTOP/this_sucks1.jpg

-Mars

lonestr
01-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Most Mavs fans had to adopt the Spurs as a mistress to root for in the playoffs in the early to mid-nineties. I know I did. Gosh that was long ago. I rooted for the Spurs last year after our elimination so Finley could finally get his ring. But I remember this forum in the 06 Finals, the overwhelming sentiment was in favor of the Heat winning the title. If there were any Spurs fans rooting for the Mavs against Miami, they were in the overwhelming minority. There was no "Texas Pride" or even rooting for the Mavs to win the title so the Spurs could plausibly be labeled the runner-up. Every fanbase has its share of jackasses, and every board has its share of jackass opposing fan trolls trying to stir the pot. But there is just not the same amount of spite on the part of Mavs fans towards San Antonio as there is vice versa. There just isn't. I'm guessing it's rooted in the fact that the Mavs were horrible for so long and our fans had to adopt the Spurs or the Rockets as Texas teams to root for in the playoffs. It's a weird dynamic, usually the less-accomplished franchise has more resentment issues. I suppose part of it is Cuban doing his Andy Kaufman routine and playing a heel by insulting the Riverwalk and so forth. That's really my only point, Spurs fans have more venom for us than we do for them.

You know you hit it on the nail, however it still comes down that Spurs fans were looking to support Mavs to beat the Heat. If the Spurs were going to get beat, they figure they would get beat by the best when they moved on to win the Finals. But that didn't happen. Trust me we had our time of early exits in the playoffs before Tim Duncan. In fact, we were pulling for the Rockets when they won those two years between Jordan's retirement. Very heartbreaking matchups with us, but they went on to win the finals and we were proud of them. They had our respect. It's another thing for the Mavs to have the likes of Cuban who instigates a little angst with running his mouth, it's not necessary but I guess thats how he rolls. Our Spurs are very working class, unlike the Mavericks who are enjoying a silver spoon environment due to their owners whim, it sort of draws ire from not just us but other team fans. I appreciate the fact that you are a Mavs fan and we can talk about our repective teams with maturity and reason. We've had our share of skepticism due to our small market share, where by the way Dallas is much bigger, and all have laughed at us for hoping to think we could dance in the big game. Once Tim, Manu, and Tony are gone the basketball world will finally take a second look and say "Hey, you know, that was truly a special group and we really never appreciate who they really were.". We know that time will come, and it will. We just want to let people know we earned every trophy we won and we were fortunate to have lived during this period in time. We too would like Dallas to have what we have, but not with the likes of Cuban sticking it to us by bad talking our Riverwalk or Stackhouse spewing garbage about Spurs are not all that. That's not how one gains respect, because Houston didn't do it and we had a good time watching the Rockets get theirs. So Findog, it's not venom. You guys are in the cusp of getting it done, however JUST GET IT DONE! Once Dallas finally wins one, you'll see how things change... you'll get repect.