PDA

View Full Version : The Reason I post here..

Matrix
01-03-2005, 03:37 AM
The reason I post here, or join your chats, because the fans here are the most down to earth true fans of NBA, who are not a bunch of haterz, and granted I am not a Spurs fans, but i do not hate them, this is one of the best forums I have seen, and I like the debates you guys have here amongst yourselves. Granted you have your trolls, but this is one of the best sites I have seen. Just thought I would let you guys know..

Kori Ellis
01-03-2005, 03:57 AM
Thanks Matrix.

I'm originally from Phoenix and grew up watching the Suns. So when they aren't playing the Spurs, I'm rooting for them.

Do you think that Jackson Vroman is going to ever see much playing time in Phoenix? If not, you guys can feel free to trade him to the Spurs. :)

Matrix
01-03-2005, 04:03 AM
Thanks Matrix.

I'm originally from Phoenix and grew up watching the Suns. So when they aren't playing the Spurs, I'm rooting for them.

Do you think that Jackson Vroman is going to ever see much playing time in Phoenix? If not, you guys can feel free to trade him to the Spurs. :)

He will, I just think they like what is working right now, and if isn't broke don't fix it...if the suns were doing just as good as they were last year, which we all know wasn't good, he probably would be playing a little bit more....You grew up in Phoenix huh, so you know how hard it is to find fans of this city, seeing how a majority of people are either from chicago or new york.. I tell you it is tough to be a fan in this state....I go to some games and sports bar and feel like i'm just visiting...Anyways from what i gathered your the main builder of this site, and i have to say you did a damn good job...

Kori Ellis
01-03-2005, 04:06 AM
Yes, timvp (my husband) and I run this forum. I also cover the Spurs for WOAI. We went to Rocky Mt. Revue this summer and saw Vroman play. He'll eventually be very good. I moved from Phoenix after graduating high school, but you are right there's a lot of transplants there.

Matrix
01-03-2005, 04:15 AM
Yes, timvp (my husband) and I run this forum. I also cover the Spurs for WOAI. We went to Rocky Mt. Revue this summer and saw Vroman play. He'll eventually be very good. I moved from Phoenix after graduating high school, but you are right there's a lot of transplants there.

Well you and the hubby did a good job, the betting and the chatroom are the little perks that make this site awesome..Not to go down memory lane but what high school, I graduated from Thunderbird, just want to see if its a small world.

Kori Ellis
01-03-2005, 04:16 AM
Apollo 1984.

We played you guys in football.

Matrix
01-03-2005, 04:19 AM
Yes you guys did, I believe the same district, thats glendale I believe, wow it is a small world except you might be a bit older than me, Thunderbird 1995.

Kori Ellis
01-03-2005, 04:20 AM
I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay older. I'm 37.

Yeah it's in Glendale - 47th Ave and Northern.

Matrix
01-03-2005, 04:22 AM
Just hard to believe how small of world it is

ShoogarBear
01-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Apollo? Thunderbird? Does every high school in Phoenix have the name of a Saturday morning cartoon character?

:rollin

(P.S. Matrix, thanks for your posts. This forum also seems generally to attract intelligent, informative posters from other teams [outside from the usual expected trolls].)

whottt
01-03-2005, 05:20 PM
And don't forget...you can say the f word here.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Fuck you, Whottt!

:lmao

whottt
01-03-2005, 05:22 PM
You can also tell other posters that they swing from somebodies nutsac.

whottt
01-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Well said Blaze...intelligent discourse is one thing...but nothing beats dropping an f bomb on someone that irritates you, and not getting banned for it.

ShoogarBear
01-03-2005, 05:28 PM
Nothing also beats being able to hijack a perfectly good thread onto some way-outtt tangenttt.

whottt
01-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Fuck you and stop swinging from your own sac.

ShoogarBear
01-03-2005, 05:40 PM
:lol

Anyway, to get back to the original point, we should set up a San Antonio vs. Phoenix high school challenge, sort of like the Big 10-ACC challenge.

Imagine:
Theodore Roosevelt vs. Apollo!
Sam Houston vs. Thunderbird!
John Jay vs. Space Ghost!
Central Catholic vs. Scooby Doo!

T Park
01-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Phoenix is a nice town, I do business there the whole month of October, and outside it being hotter than Fuck, its a great place.

Nice people, nice town, great downtown area, arenas, sports bars galore.

Scottsdale, Tempe are nice surrounding areas as well.

If I couldnt live in San Antonio, definately my second choice would be Phoenix.

RobinsontoDuncan
01-03-2005, 05:44 PM

Anyway, to get back to the original point, we should set up a San Antonio vs. Phoenix high school challenge, sort of like the Big 10-ACC challenge.

Imagine:

lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Back to the original point.

Welcome, Neo.

tsb2000
01-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Nah- I live in Scottsdale, and unless the sport is baseball, the SA schools would run away with the contest.

Phx really is a nice place, and yes, it does get hot here. Not today though, it's raining like nobody's business! :)

Where in the valley do you live, Matrix?

iminlakerland
01-03-2005, 07:28 PM
The airport in pheonix was nice :) i was in pheonix for about 15 minutes. I can honestly say i ran for 10 minutes in pheonix.

Man In Black
01-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I went to Tech School out there. Lived on 30th STREET and Thomas.
I remember watching some Suns games at Veteran's Memorial. I saw one of the first Euros, Bulgarian Georgi Glouchkov play. That was Steve Kerr's rookie year as well.
Phoenix was fun place to live.

Hey...do they still cruise the Metrocenter?

SequSpur
01-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Good topic.

Tpark, does the ferris wheel take more tickets in Phoenix than San Antonio? Just wondering..... i may need to give my kids more money so they can mix in the ferris wheel, tilt a whirl and bearded lady.

Solid D
01-04-2005, 12:25 AM
^The above post belongs in the Club. Can we move one post? :hat

SpursWoman
01-04-2005, 01:23 AM

Imagine:

I'm in. Go Rough Riders! ;)

MannyIsGod
01-04-2005, 01:28 AM
:lmao @ some of you fuckers

THAT is why I post here.

Slo spurs fan
01-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Fuck you all fucking fuckers! :elephant :elephant :elephant

:lmao

Slo spurs fan
01-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Fuck it, this is a NBA topic!

Sequfuck

:lmao :lmao

tlongII
01-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Phoenix is THE place to be in March. Spring Training baseball and golf baby!

smeagol
01-04-2005, 12:19 PM
The reason I post here, or join your chats, because the fans here are the most down to earth true fans of NBA, who are not a bunch of haterz, and granted I am not a Spurs fans, but i do not hate them, this is one of the best forums I have seen, and I like the debates you guys have here amongst yourselves. Granted you have your trolls, but this is one of the best sites I have seen. Just thought I would let you guys know..
You've got that straight, buddy!

I have been saying it since I joined.

The only regrettable character is Sequ, who's knowledge about Argentina is close to zero. I keep trying to smarten him up about the topic, but its like talking to a brick wall (a short one, I may add).

Jimcs50
01-04-2005, 12:33 PM
I hate the Phoenix airport, the planes are always late there and I have missed my connection twice there. I had to spent the night at the Holiday Inn Express there once because of that. Went to Phoenix Mills Mall and saw See Spot Run with the family, that was funny, so at lease I got a good laugh while I was stuck there. :)

Slo spurs fan
01-04-2005, 12:46 PM
You've got that straight, buddy!

I have been saying it since I joined.

The only regrettable character is Sequ, who's knowledge about Argentina is close to zero. I keep trying to smarten him up about the topic, but its like talking to a brick wall (a short one, I may add).

:lmao :lmao :lmao

mouse
01-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Matrix Dude, don't get to lovie dovie with these spur fans, Once they lose 4 games straight? It's a forum full of cry babies wanting coach Pop dead, and the ones who are not swinging from a shower rods? They don't want to hear what posters from other teams have to say. Take it from me, a Dallas Maverick fan.

But if your still here during the playoffs and you read many topics of Spur fans melting down? Feel free to offer any spur fans a few of these products I carry just in case.. :lmao
http://www.falstaffbrewing.com/jeff's%20beer%20cooler.jpg

http://asontv.com/images/3pack.jpg

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/80962/300.jpg

http://www.boomspeed.com/woaimouse/mouse-smoke.jpg

Solid D
01-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Matrix Dude, don't get to lovie dovie with these spur fans, Once they lose 4 games straight? It's a forum full of cry babies wanting coach Pop dead, and the ones who are not swinging from a shower rods?

4 games? More like 1 game, mouse.

mouse
01-04-2005, 02:15 PM
4 games? More like 1 game, mouse.

^RACK^ :lmao

You mean down by 6 with 4 minutes lreft in the game :smokin

ShoogarBear
01-04-2005, 04:03 PM
I was just about to say "right, mouse, you jackass, when was the last time the Spurs lost four straight?"

Then I remembered . . .

timvp
01-04-2005, 04:34 PM

:cry

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-04-2005, 04:37 PM
I was just about to say "right, mouse, you jackass, when was the last time the Spurs lost four straight?"

Then I remembered . . .

Memories of sitting in Kori and TimVP's house watching the 2003 Championship DVD on a Sony laptop come to mind.

sickdsm
01-04-2005, 06:18 PM
Matrix: Same reason why i come here

Sequ: Congrats, you finally made me laugh after 14 years of idiotic comments.

ShoogarBear
01-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Shit, now that I am of course thinking about it, are last year and the 2001 playoffs the only two times that Tim Duncan has ever lost four straight games?

FilSpursFan
01-04-2005, 06:47 PM

The people here are kinda "classy"

SirChaz
01-11-2005, 12:55 PM
http://www.falstaffbrewing.com/jeff's%20beer%20cooler.jpg

Hey mouse, hand me one of those Guinness from the door will you?

Thanks for the nice forum here. Always good to see what the "enemy" is saying.

:)

milkyway21
01-11-2005, 08:45 PM
why do some people call Shawn Marion "matrix"?

SirChaz
01-12-2005, 01:55 AM
why do some people call Shawn Marion "matrix"?

His dunks look like The Matrix?

I think Kenny Smith started that on TNT. Jumps quick and hangs in the air like the movie I guess.

tlongII
01-12-2005, 09:50 AM
I like this forum, but somebody has been ripping off my VBookie money!

Hook Dem
01-12-2005, 10:34 AM
Phoenix is a nice town, I do business there the whole month of October, and outside it being hotter than Fuck, its a great place.

Nice people, nice town, great downtown area, arenas, sports bars galore.

Scottsdale, Tempe are nice surrounding areas as well.

If I couldnt live in San Antonio, definately my second choice would be Phoenix.
Ever been to Flagstaff TPark? It's a very nice place. A lot cooler too.

Rick Von Braun
01-12-2005, 03:01 PM
I like this forum, but somebody has been ripping off my VBookie money!