PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Kings

Kamnik
01-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Since Udrih is there I was following their games and rooster more carefully...

I think they will make the playoffs because 3 key players are coming back from injuries and it seems all are motivated and in shape.

Artest, Bibby and KEVIN MARTIN. And they were not playing that bad even without them...

I think they will make the playoffs even if the west is as strong as ever with as many as 12 teams or so competing for playoffs..

Thoughts?

loveforthegame
01-19-2008, 11:34 AM
It would have to be a spectacular finish to do so. I think the injuries to the 3 key players early on might be too much to overcome now.

They're 6 1/2 games out of the 8 spot and who would they replace in the top 8? Denver or Golden State? Not to mention Utah and Houston are right on the bubble as well.

I do believe the Kings have a good enough team to be in the playoffs even with the West being so tough. I think Bibby and/or Artest could be traded by the deadline and try it again next season.

exstatic
01-19-2008, 12:02 PM
Scoring ain't everything. This team couldn't stop a sneeze. To make the kind of jump they need, you have to go on an absolute tear, like .750 ball for the rest of the year. To do that, you need to be ELITE on either offense (GS) or defense. Sacto is neither.

Kamnik
01-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Scoring ain't everything. This team couldn't stop a sneeze. To make the kind of jump they need, you have to go on an absolute tear, like .750 ball for the rest of the year. To do that, you need to be ELITE on either offense (GS) or defense. Sacto is neither.

If they play .630 ball they could be in the playoffs... i believe they are capable of that

exstatic
01-19-2008, 12:29 PM
If they play .630 ball they could be in the playoffs... i believe they are capable of that
Getting only 43 wins is likely to have you golfing by income tax day in the West. In fact, there may be a 50 win team that doesn't make it. Playing .750 ball gets them to 49 wins, still possibly short, but more likely to at least be on the bubble. I can't see them doing that, though. Their best bet at this point is to blow it up, and try for next year...see what they can get for Bibby and Artest, and start to build with Martin.

Oh, and they've only played 20 games against the WC so far. Look at the rest of the teams. SA has played 26, for instance, and most have played at least 24. If they can't make .500 with a more heavily weighted EC schedule than the rest of the West, they're fucked trying to catch up playing more WC games than the teams ahead of them.

Kamnik
01-19-2008, 12:38 PM
Getting only 43 wins is likely to have you golfing by income tax day in the West. In fact, there may be a 50 win team that doesn't make it. Playing .750 ball gets them to 49 wins, still possibly short, but more likely to at least be on the bubble. I can't see them doing that, though. Their best bet at this point is to blow it up, and try for next year...see what they can get for Bibby and Artest, and start to build with Martin.

Oh, and they've only played 20 games against the WC so far. Look at the rest of the teams. SA has played 26, for instance, and most have played at least 24. If they can't make .500 with a more heavily weighted EC schedule than the rest of the West, they're fucked trying to catch up playing more WC games than the teams ahead of them.

I did not know they played so much EC so far... you got a point

If they manage to trade artest and Bibby for some nice young pieces (a decent bigman, backup point etc) they will be really good next year...

mavs>spurs2
01-19-2008, 12:41 PM
The Queens are on a nice little run here lately but they aren't making the playoffs this year. Too many good teams, and Houston, Utah, or maybe both will get things back on track and sneak in.

Kamnik
01-19-2008, 12:49 PM
The Queens are on a nice little run here lately but they aren't making the playoffs this year. Too many good teams, and Houston, Utah, or maybe both will get things back on track and sneak in.

fucking west aye...

how did we come to be such a huge diference betwen the conferences

in east there is nothing out of boston and detroit

Orlando simply isnt good enough outside of Dwight Howard and they fucked themselves longterm with R Lewis contract