PDA

View Full Version : Mexican + White > Black

inconvertible
01-19-2008, 07:47 PM
by population

..........most mexicans WILL NOT vote for a black.

let the truth be told.

atxrocker
01-19-2008, 08:04 PM
that's a pretty big blanket statement.

JoeChalupa
01-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I would hope to differ but the votes seem to tell a different story. It is a matter of comfort level, IMHO. I know it is still a long road ahead. Keep it to continue.

inconvertible
01-19-2008, 11:10 PM
that's a pretty big blanket statement.

but accurate none the less.

Pistons_In_7
01-19-2008, 11:16 PM
how many mexicans can actually vote? ..... That is the million dollar question. Oh and your boy Paul really kicked ass today, what a terrible waste of campaign donations.

inconvertible
01-20-2008, 12:29 AM
2nd in nevada..........he still hanging in there. after florida, thompson and rudy will be out.

Extra Stout
01-20-2008, 12:40 AM
2nd in nevada..........he still hanging in there. after florida, thompson and rudy will be out.
It was 51-14, dumbass!

Disclosure: I still appreciate what Ron Paul brings to the campaign as a minor candidate. Because of him, libertarian-minded people will get more involved in the political process and start getting elected at the local level. That will serve as a beachhead against the onslaught of statism even in the GOP.

But I can't wait until the clinically insane, the racists, and the conspiracy theorists who are involved in the Paul campaign disappear, except that I know that no matter what happens, those idiots will make up a conspiracy theory that Paul actually won, even though obviously his support was pretty narrow.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-20-2008, 12:48 AM
extra stout do you award yourself brownie points when you post in such a pedantic way

you always say some good shit but then you follow it up with halfway substantiated nonsense

Extra Stout
01-20-2008, 01:06 AM
extra stout do you award yourself brownie points when you post in such a pedantic way

you always say some good shit but then you follow it up with halfway substantiated nonsense
you're drunk

word
01-20-2008, 08:26 AM
It's not because he's black. Colin Powell could have run and probably gotten elected.

It's because of his politics AND being partly raised in a Muslim country AND having a muslim father that hurts him the most. Not to mention his name AND he's from Chicago AND has done all of 1/2 of 1 term as a US Senater AND he's awfully young.

Other than that, he's perfect.

Most of our presidents of late have come from the south or west and were governors. Since LBJ either the south or California. ( If you count Bush I as a Texan. ) Senators and yankees have a hard time getting elected president.

If I had to make a guess right now, I'd say McCain is going to be the next president, even though he's kind of a RINO. Hillary can't get elected. She's got the highest negative voter rating since they've been polling. All the repugs have to do is not screw up and they're in again.

JoeChalupa
01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
It is sad the muslim thing keep being rought up when it has nothing to do with the qualifications of the office. I think Hillary can beat McCain and like it or not she can win. But you make some valid points. I just happen to believe he has what it takes to be a good president. But I have always liked McCain.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-20-2008, 11:23 AM
you're drunk

No....you always say something note worthy then follow it up with something that only makes sense if you take a walled-eye view of the matter

or were you trying to be funny earlier?

whottt
01-20-2008, 11:27 AM
It is sad the muslim thing keep being rought up when it has nothing to do with the qualifications of the office. I think Hillary can beat McCain and like it or not she can win. But you make some valid points. I just happen to believe he has what it takes to be a good president. But I have always liked McCain.

Whether Obama would actually make a good President isn't the issue...

There are just certain things associated with him that will keep him from ever being President....

I'm not judging the right or wrong of them, or him...just sayin'...it is what it is.

American people are simply not going to put a guy with the middle name Hussein in the White House....that's the reality of it.

And there's nothing notable about him to counteract that stigmatization...he's basically a blank slate with name recognition only going back 3 years.

Just not going to happen for this guy...

IMO, if there ever is a first Black President...he'll be a Republican.

inconvertible
01-20-2008, 12:02 PM
pay off americans, pacify them, so they will stop asking questions about the constitution.

inconvertible
01-20-2008, 12:03 PM
It's not because he's black. Colin Powell could have run and probably gotten elected.

It's because of his politics AND being partly raised in a Muslim country AND having a muslim father that hurts him the most. Not to mention his name AND he's from Chicago AND has done all of 1/2 of 1 term as a US Senater AND he's awfully young.

Other than that, he's perfect.

Most of our presidents of late have come from the south or west and were governors. Since LBJ either the south or California. ( If you count Bush I as a Texan. ) Senators and yankees have a hard time getting elected president.

If I had to make a guess right now, I'd say McCain is going to be the next president, even though he's kind of a RINO. Hillary can't get elected. She's got the highest negative voter rating since they've been polling. All the repugs have to do is not screw up and they're in again.

Mexicans will not vote black.

word
01-20-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't really know much about the politics of Mexico.

Pistons_In_7
01-21-2008, 05:07 AM
McCain definitely seems the most sincere of any candidate. I read him to be truthful at least, where others are just doing the classic tell everybody everything they want to hear to get elected.

JoeChalupa
01-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Mexicans will not vote black.

I'm an American of Mexican descent and I, and many others I know, will vote for Obama.

And if Whottt, is correct, that tells a sad story that our Country has NOT come as far as we think it has.

I don't think the republican is any where near electing an African-American president.

Extra Stout
01-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Why is it that a fair number of white people will vote for a black candidate, but Latinos won't? Are Latinos really more racist than whites, is it a function of specific candidate preferences, is incontinence overgeneralizing, or he is simply projecting his own racism onto Latinos in general?

JoeChalupa
01-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Why is it that a fair number of white people will vote for a black candidate, but Latinos won't? Are Latinos really more racist than whites, is it a function of specific candidate preferences, is incontinence overgeneralizing, or he is simply projecting his own racism onto Latinos in general?

This is puzzling to me too. But I have read about the racial tensions between hispanics and blacks across the country. In CA the gang wars between the races is out of control. It really does suck. It is a real shame.

xrayzebra
01-21-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm an American of Mexican descent and I, and many others I know, will vote for Obama.

And if Whottt, is correct, that tells a sad story that our Country has NOT come as far as we think it has.

I don't think the republican is any where near electing an African-American president.

You would vote, and most Mexicans in South Texas, would
vote for the proverbial yellow dog if it was on the dimm-o-crap ticket. Otherwise Charlie Gonzalez would
never have succeeded his Father and Ciro Rodriguez
wouldn't be up in Washington. again. And you know
it Joe.

xrayzebra
01-21-2008, 11:10 AM

One other thing. The dimm-o-craps have really done
nothing for the Black American. The Republicans have
appointed more of them to high office than the dimms
have even considered. If it weren't for the
Republicans "equal rights" would have never been
passed by Congress.

inconvertible
01-21-2008, 11:59 AM
from all the mexican-americans I know almost 100% trust Hillary before a black dude.

Spawn
01-21-2008, 05:53 PM
passed by Congress.

You are absolutely right that the Democratic party has done nothing for Black people, but neither have the Republicans. Republicans appointing Blacks to higher offices doesn't mean a damn thing.

Oh, and if it weren't for the Black people who said that they had had enough and hit the streets protesting during the Civil Rights Movement the "equal rights" Acts that were passed by Congress wouldn't have come. The actions by Congress that followed were only reactionary.

Now the supposed "good" that these laws did is another story. IMO it screwed everything up but that is a debate for another day.

Spawn
01-21-2008, 05:56 PM

Hell no the country hasn't come far at all, and Democrats aren't going to be electing a Black president anytime soon either.

JoeChalupa
01-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Hell no the country hasn't come far at all, and Democrats aren't going to be electing a Black president anytime soon either.

Well they do have the first serious contender for President and he is a Democrat. And that fact cannot be disputed.

George Gervin's Afro
01-21-2008, 06:06 PM
passed by Congress.

Policies vs appointments... I'd take the policy over an appointment anyday..

JoeChalupa
01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Today is MLK day for a reason.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-21-2008, 08:06 PM
You are absolutely right that the Democratic party has done nothing for Black people, but neither have the Republicans. Republicans appointing Blacks to higher offices doesn't mean a damn thing.

Oh, and if it weren't for the Black people who said that they had had enough and hit the streets protesting during the Civil Rights Movement the "equal rights" Acts that were passed by Congress wouldn't have come. The actions by Congress that followed were only reactionary.

Now the supposed "good" that these laws did is another story. IMO it screwed everything up but that is a debate for another day.

Remember that time Boutons________ mentioned katrina-related facts to prove why "shrub" is a bad president? And you told him to shove his article up his ass cuz you were sick and tired of liberals "pimping blacks" to further their political views?

That was one of the pure crownage moments of 2007.
prahhps. Plymouth rock landed on us!

mrsmaalox
01-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Republicans appointing Blacks to higher offices doesn't mean a damn thing.

That's because the blacks they appoint are so far removed from the general black population they are almost white.

BonnerDynasty
01-21-2008, 10:35 PM
how many illegals can actually vote? ..... .

Depends who becomes the next president.

They already use our school systems and health care. They may as well have a say in things :toast

BonnerDynasty
01-21-2008, 10:39 PM
If Hillary cares so much about blacks, why not drop out of the race and let Obama continue America's racial evolution?

Are you guys too ignorant to see Hillarys fake ass "southern" accent she switches on. How can those people sit there and not realize she is making fools out of them.

And then Bill making comments recently how "all us old grey white guys look the same" to try and relate to the people. What a joke, yet loser Americans eat it up and think he is sincere lmfao.

They want you to stay at the bottom so they can continue promising you things as long as they get your vote. If you made it up to a certain level you'd realize the shit they want to "help" people with is only hurting you.

George Gervin's Afro
01-21-2008, 10:46 PM
If Hillary cares so much about blacks, why not drop out of the race and let Obama continue America's racial evolution?

Are you guys too ignorant to see Hillarys fake ass "southern" accent she switches on. How can those people sit there and not realize she is making fools out of them.

And then Bill making comments recently how "all us old grey white guys look the same" to try and relate to the people. What a joke, yet loser Americans eat it up and think he is sincere lmfao.

They want you to stay at the bottom so they can continue promising you things as long as they get your vote. If you made it up to a certain level you'd realize the shit they want to "help" people with is only hurting you.

Hi I'm a ditto head..

BonnerDynasty
01-22-2008, 12:29 AM
http://www.nypost.com/video/?vxSiteId=0db7b365-a288-4708-857b-8bdb545cbd0f&vxChannel=NY%20Post&vxClipId=1458_227094&vxBitrate=700

:lol

Spawn
01-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Remember that time Boutons________ mentioned katrina-related facts to prove why "shrub" is a bad president? And you told him to shove his article up his ass cuz you were sick and tired of liberals "pimping blacks" to further their political views?

"The white liberal differs from the white conservative only in one way: the liberal is more deceitful than the conservative. The liberal is more hypocritical than the conservative. Both want power, but the white liberal is the one who has perfected the art of posing as the Negro's friend and benefactor; and by winning the friendship, allegiance, and support of the Negro, the white liberal is able to use the Negro as a pawn or tool in this political "football game" that is constantly raging between the white liberals and white conservatives." Malcolm X

That is pretty much how I feel about 99.999 percent of White liberals in politics.

Spawn
01-22-2008, 12:54 AM
That's because the blacks they appoint are so far removed from the general black population they are almost white.

"Politically the American Negro is nothing but a football and the white liberals control this mentally dead ball through tricks of tokenism: false promises of integration and civil rights. In this profitable game of deceiving and exploiting the political politician of the American Negro, those white liberals have the willing cooperation of the Negro civil rights leaders. These "leaders" sell out our people for just a few crumbs of token recognition and token gains. These "leaders" are satisfied with token victories and token progress because they themselves are nothing but token leaders." Malcolm X

That quote sums up my feelings on that as well.

Ignignokt
01-22-2008, 01:14 AM

Like i've said the same thing, and i didn't get any crofl!! crownage!!! Lollerz!! from the Victard crowd.

Wild Cobra
01-23-2008, 02:08 AM
That is pretty much how I feel about 99.999 percent of White liberals in politics.
And it only happens because they allow themselves to be played.

O-Factor
01-23-2008, 02:26 AM
from all the mexican-americans I know almost 100% trust Hillary before a black dude.

Almost all of my hispanic friends and family like Obama over Hillary. Most hispanic men or mexican-american men are a bit machismo and would find it difficult to vote a woman into the white house. Believe it. I grew up in the culture.

If I can get a McCain-Obama presidential race, I would be a happy man. I like these two presidential hopefulls the most and would like to see who would win my vote.

O-Factor
01-23-2008, 02:29 AM

Its called being educated.
:toast

whottt
01-23-2008, 03:03 AM

Republicans get a bad wrap...they aren't racists...well not all of them anyway.

The good ones, just aren't into playing favorites....they don't want to give preferential treatment to make up for past discrimination...

whottt
01-23-2008, 03:12 AM
"Politically the American Negro is nothing but a football and the white liberals control this mentally dead ball through tricks of tokenism: false promises of integration and civil rights. In this profitable game of deceiving and exploiting the political politician of the American Negro, those white liberals have the willing cooperation of the Negro civil rights leaders. These "leaders" sell out our people for just a few crumbs of token recognition and token gains. These "leaders" are satisfied with token victories and token progress because they themselves are nothing but token leaders." Malcolm X

That quote sums up my feelings on that as well.

The PC crowd doesn't just do that to Blacks...they do it to everyone.

If I had a dollar for everyone I have argued with on the Iraq war that claims how monstrous we are, only to find that underneath all the PC catchphrases they consider Mideasterners to be savages incapable of civilized behavior...I'd be a rich man.

I disagree with your take that the only reason whites supported the civil rights movement is to shut the blacks up or something...

A lot of them supported it because it was simply wrong...it was the wrong thing to do, it was the wrong way to be. So obviously wrong...when we have there written in our constitution that all men are created equal...

No one wants to view themselves as a bad person, or a hypocrite, no one knowingly lives a lie...no matter how fucked up they actually are.

TV helped...

The support was genuine on the part of many whites, and had nothing to do with fear of what blacks might do, it's just a simple matter of the realization that we are all human beings...at the same time, preferential treatment wasn't something that many of those same people bargained for....and now, you get called a racist for not wanting preferential treatment.

I want the same rules to apply to everyone...I don't care if we all like each other or not...it will never happen, since not even all whites or blacks or mexicans like each other....but the law needs to be color blind.

whottt
01-23-2008, 03:17 AM
As for black Presidential Candidates...

I'd vote for David Robinson in a hearbeat...in fact I think the first post I ever made on this political forum involved the idea of David Robinson running for President...then again, a lot of people don't consider David Robinson to be black...

And David being the kind of man that he is...doesn't want to be President...

But he's a guy that could pull it off...in a split second he could, if he wanted to do so. He just commands trust and respect...you know he's a good guy.

I might vote for someone like Bill Cosby as well...

Someone who I can understand I don't think is going to play favorites...I don't want someone who is going to play favorites. I want someone who is going to play it straight down the line....

I never saw the appeal of Colin Powell personally though, I didn't like his opinions on the mid-east and how to deal with it...I probably wouldn't have voted for him.

Wild Cobra
01-23-2008, 03:20 AM
I might vote for someone like Bill Cosby as well...

I don't know his party affiliation, but I would vote for Bill if he was running. He has top notch ethics, values, etc.

whottt
01-23-2008, 03:44 AM
I don't know his party affiliation, but I would vote for Bill if he was running. He has top notch ethics, values, etc.

In this race? Yeah...I'd probably vote for him too...depending on if he wants to cut and run from Iraq.

I'm pretty sure he's a Democrat...he's just one with accountability. He really pisses off a lot of the black leaders though because they can't pull the, well he's not really black card on him.

I'm almost certain Drob is a Republican btw...I mean Drob would just be a great candidate period. He's got the smarts, he's got the charisma, you know he loves this country, and you know he won't play favorites...and he's the good kind of christian. I probably wouldn't be too crazy to find out his abortion stance...but that's about the only issue I'd probably have with him. I mean David Robinson would be an outstanding candidate because he's an outstanding man...I don't have some desire to see a black man become President just for the sake of a black man becoming President...David Robinson would be a fantastic candidate under any circumstances.

Flag waver with a genius level IQ and a great humanitarian track record, not to mention outstanding diplomacy and speaking skills...that's a great candidate there, at least according to my views.

xrayzebra
01-23-2008, 11:08 AM
Policies vs appointments... I'd take the policy over an appointment anyday..

How about the equal rights bill passed during LBJ
administration. Without the Republicans it would have
never passed. Dimms were against it.

Spawn
01-23-2008, 01:11 PM
The PC crowd doesn't just do that to Blacks...they do it to everyone.

If I had a dollar for everyone I have argued with on the Iraq war that claims how monstrous we are, only to find that underneath all the PC catchphrases they consider Mideasterners to be savages incapable of civilized behavior...I'd be a rich man.

I disagree with your take that the only reason whites supported the civil rights movement is to shut the blacks up or something...

A lot of them supported it because it was simply wrong...it was the wrong thing to do, it was the wrong way to be. So obviously wrong...when we have there written in our constitution that all men are created equal...

No one wants to view themselves as a bad person, or a hypocrite, no one knowingly lives a lie...no matter how fucked up they actually are.

TV helped...

The support was genuine on the part of many whites, and had nothing to do with fear of what blacks might do, it's just a simple matter of the realization that we are all human beings...at the same time, preferential treatment wasn't something that many of those same people bargained for....and now, you get called a racist for not wanting preferential treatment.

I want the same rules to apply to everyone...I don't care if we all like each other or not...it will never happen, since not even all whites or blacks or mexicans like each other....but the law needs to be color blind.

I know that there were many everyday Whites who were genuine in their support for Civil Rights for Blacks. My main beef is with the tools in government.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Like i've said the same thing, and i didn't get any crofl!! crownage!!! Lollerz!! from the Victard crowd.

you said liberals used black votes to further homosexual agenda and it was hilarious because you said liberals in general and you named a precise agenda.

Ignignokt
01-23-2008, 09:38 PM
you said liberals used black votes to further homosexual agenda and it was hilarious because you said liberals in general and you named a precise agenda.

i said Democrats, not liberals. Second i also referenced the hate crimes bill that passed after the Vider draggings around 1999, that the only difference was that it would give even more protection to gays than others.

GaryJohnston
01-24-2008, 10:55 PM
This country is ready for a black president, It maybe( A BIG MAYBE) is ready for a woman, but one thing its not ready for is a twat president. Thats exactly what hillary is.

DarkReign
01-24-2008, 11:23 PM
This country is ready for a black president, It maybe( A BIG MAYBE) is ready for a woman, but one thing its not ready for is a twat president. Thats exactly what hillary is.

Stunning analysis. Seriously.

The problem with that is 49% of the population disagrees with you (NOT me, btw). Electoral College wont be nearly as close (obviously), but thats going to be the margin of the popular vote.

So, really, half the country is ready for that snatch. The other half is still in thier bunker hiding from those country-invading "terrists".

O-Factor
01-25-2008, 12:35 AM
49% may be the poll, but I know I wasn't asked. I think alot of men, some who typically vote democrat, might throw a vote against a woman because she is a woman. It will be an interesting election.......

Im not going to vote for Hillary because she is a woman, Im not voting for her because she is Hillary.

Jelly
01-26-2008, 12:05 PM
This is puzzling to me too. But I have read about the racial tensions between hispanics and blacks across the country. In CA the gang wars between the races is out of control. It really does suck. It is a real shame.

Yes, it is. But fortunately gang members don't tend to vote, so we don't have to worry about their thuggish attitudes infecting the process. I have no idea why this guy keeps suggesting "Mexicans" are too racist to vote for a black. It's very insulting and I don't think he knows what he's talking about.

Extra Stout
01-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Yes, it is. But fortunately gang members don't tend to vote, so we don't have to worry about their thuggish attitudes infecting the process. I have no idea why this guy keeps suggesting "Mexicans" are too racist to vote for a black. It's very insulting and I don't think he knows what he's talking about.
Well, he himself very likely holds negative views about blacks.

Also, surveys have shown that Hispanics tend to hold more negative views about blacks than whites do, or at least aren't as likely to lie about having such views.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Newsweek has been reading SpursTalk.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/104725

Spawn
01-26-2008, 04:08 PM

The tensions that exist between Blacks and Mexicans are not limited to gangs and yes it could have an effect on the election. It already has with the overwhelming support that Hillary has gotten from the Hispanic community in comparison to Obama so far.

Jelly
01-26-2008, 04:17 PM
The tensions that exist between Blacks and Mexicans are not limited to gangs and yes it could have an effect on the election. It already has with the overwhelming support that Hillary has gotten from the Hispanic community in comparison to Obama so far.

I guess so judging from that article. Being from Texas, I know lots of hispanics and haven't encountered those kinds of attitudes though. I guess it's more pervasive than I thought. But I hope it's not nearly as widespread as some people believe it is.

Ignignokt
01-26-2008, 04:24 PM
dumbass chicanos.