PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Lining?

Budkin
01-19-2008, 11:30 PM
I know it feels like we've lost 10 in a row right now, but look at this:

Out of our 9 most recent losses, only 3 were by more than 5 points. And 4 of them were by 3 or less. Most of those games saw us dig huge holes and have to fight back, including tonight. Once the rotation gets shortened and we can reduce our mistakes even just a little we should be coming out ahead. Make of it what you will but I still feel like the end of this slump is coming soon. Believe!

@ Lakers 5
Phoenix 5
@ Memphis 3
Raptors 10
@Denver 3
@ Golden State 9
Detroit 10
Cleveland 2
@Houston 2

debo
01-19-2008, 11:32 PM
bring it on :ihit

duncan228
01-19-2008, 11:33 PM
I believe.
I always do.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-19-2008, 11:33 PM
:tu

LBJ dunks on Duncan
01-20-2008, 01:22 AM
I know it feels like we've lost 10 in a row right now, but look at this:

Out of our 9 most recent losses, only 3 were by more than 5 points. And 4 of them were by 3 or less. Most of those games saw us dig huge holes and have to fight back, including tonight. Once the rotation gets shortened and we can reduce our mistakes even just a little we should be coming out ahead. Make of it what you will but I still feel like the end of this slump is coming soon. Believe!

@ Lakers 5
Phoenix 5
@ Memphis 3
Raptors 10
@Denver 3
@ Golden State 9
Detroit 10
Cleveland 2
@Houston 2

LOL

A loss is a loss being by 1 point or by 100

Live with it losers!

T Park
01-20-2008, 01:51 AM
just like a sweep is a sweep

dg7md
01-20-2008, 01:55 AM
A loss is a loss, I don't find silver linings with that, although I look at that as if the guys are trying to win, but not being able to overcome and get the W, which is all that counts. I am not worried, but I will be if these losses continue past the All-Star Break. As long as we make it through as a top 3 seed in the west we should be fine, below that and I'd be worried about their ability to close out games with the playoffs on the way.

They'll get that fire lit under them, but whether or not they'll be able to win games due to it is another story. In the next few weeks I hope we'll be seeing some statement wins, as they will be statement games.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-20-2008, 02:14 AM
LOL

A loss is a loss being by 1 point or by 100

Live with it losers!

:lmao

The guy who supports the team that ain't won shit calling the guys who support the team that won 4 of the last 9 trophies "losers". What have the Cavs won again??? Please enlighten me.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Loser.

SAGambler
01-20-2008, 11:07 AM
A loss is a loss, I don't find silver linings with that, although I look at that as if the guys are trying to win, but not being able to overcome and get the W, which is all that counts. I am not worried, but I will be if these losses continue past the All-Star Break. As long as we make it through as a top 3 seed in the west we should be fine, below that and I'd be worried about their ability to close out games with the playoffs on the way.

They'll get that fire lit under them, but whether or not they'll be able to win games due to it is another story. In the next few weeks I hope we'll be seeing some statement wins, as they will be statement games.

Therein lies the season for the Spurs. After the ASG, I think we will see the Spurs rise to the occasion once again. Pop will quite fucking with the rotation, and this BS now of putting a guy on the floor for 3 minutes and then sitting him until he goes back in for 2, hits a shot and then sits again. I see the rotation right now that it changes so often, the players don't even know who is on the floor. Once we have an 8 or 9 man rotation set, things will change.

The one thing that does need to improve is the FT. Spurs, and Duncan in particular are so damn inconsistent at the FT line it's crazy.

I remember when Mavs pulled that Hack a Bowen shit, because Bruce was such a terrible FT shooter, but now he has improved and now it's Duncan they want to send to the FT line. How in the hell can a guy that sits out there and banks 17 footers off the glass, not be able to hit a goddamn FT? And how can he be so damn inconsistent? One night he hits 80 percent and the next time out he goes for 40. Hit 3 of the missed FTs last night and we win.

And Manu has got to quit making stupid fouls. That foul at the end of the quarter with 1.9 seconds left was too stupid to even talk about. That was the 2 points we lost by. It's not like Yao was going to make a full court shot.

greens
01-20-2008, 10:53 PM
The one thing that does need to improve is the FT. Spurs, and Duncan in particular are so damn inconsistent at the FT line it's crazy.

I remember when Mavs pulled that Hack a Bowen shit, because Bruce was such a terrible FT shooter, but now he has improved and now it's Duncan they want to send to the FT line. How in the hell can a guy that sits out there and banks 17 footers off the glass, not be able to hit a goddamn FT? And how can he be so damn inconsistent? One night he hits 80 percent and the next time out he goes for 40. Hit 3 of the missed FTs last night and we win.

I've actually noticed a huge improvement with Timmy's FT shooting, he's much more consistent lately...sometimes he can go for 10 out of 10...So he did improve...

I think the other Spurs players (except Manu and Finley) need to work on it a bit more, though...

bigfundamental21
01-20-2008, 10:58 PM
I think it is the losing by one or two points that is most disappointing. It's like we are almost there, but not quite. Just can't seem to get over the hump. Basically, we haven't put together a game where we play the full 48. Once we do that, we will be back in business.

m33p0
01-21-2008, 11:25 AM
I think it is the losing by one or two points that is most disappointing. It's like we are almost there, but not quite. Just can't seem to get over the hump. Basically, we haven't put together a game where we play the full 48. Once we do that, we will be back in business.
disappointing but encouraging at the same time. the spurs have been playing rather sloppily and the bench at the moment is non-existent. defense is horrendeous and the offense spotty. but these guys know they can play better and had played better before. they know how to get it done. they've proven it last season.

ancestron
01-21-2008, 12:57 PM
I still can't believe they lost to the Raptors by 10.
Either the Spurs will figure it out and get better or they won't.
I sure am getting tired of seeing them lose though.
Remember when the Spurs used to win almost every game? That was cool.

nfg3
01-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah it's disappionting at times but another aspect is that they are the champs and everyone is bringing their A game. I believe that some of these L's would have been W's if not for that factor.