PDA

View Full Version : Breathable Alcohol

Nbadan
01-03-2005, 04:55 AM
NEWS: Breathable Alcohol

This is a new way to consume alcohol. Now you can inhale your drinks with no carbs, lower calories and wake up without a hangover thanks to a new machine named AWOL that vaporizes it. Even though the manufacturers say it is safe, it may also be dangerous, as alcohol gets to your brain a lot faster.

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- A controversy is brewing on a new way to serve liquor. It's called breathable alcohol and it's popping up in cities across Florida.

It allows drinkers to inhale shots of alcohol. Promoters say the simple vaporized mist gives you all the pleasure of drinking without the pain the morning after. Plus there's no hidden calories. AWOL distributor Mark Robertson says, "It's a different way to do an old school thing."

The AWOL machine was invented by a former aroma therapy salesman in England. It started showing up in the U.S. three months ago, but not everyone is happy about it.

Click link for full story

Link (http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/strange/news-article.aspx?storyid=30063)

On one hand, it sounds like it's a "fun" gimmick for bars and parties, but sheesh -- people imbibe enough when they have to actually taste the stuff.

:hat

Drachen
01-03-2005, 02:15 PM
hey Dan, I have a conspiracy theory for you...
Its the end of the month and the cops really need to meet their quota, so they hook these things up to the end of the breathalizer and BOOM your drunk, and you blow over the limit!!!

Bandit2981
01-03-2005, 02:24 PM
i thought i heard that you needed to be on the machine for around 15-20 minutes to get like 1/4 of a shot...it sounded pretty ridiculous

Drachen
01-03-2005, 02:41 PM
maybe, but since it is getting to the brain faster, it probably requires less alcohol to get you where you want to be.