PDA

View Full Version : Check This Post Out from Jan. 2007

tmtcsc
01-20-2008, 01:59 AM
Chill out folks. This is how this team rolls. We'll be fine. I know it sucks, just wait until the playoffs.

Here's a thread from Jan. 2007 entitled 'This team is a disgrace".

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58696

From top to bottom this team is in shambles.

In danger of losing their 8th game at home to a Houston team without Ming that's lost 3 in row. And this after barely squeeking by the last 3 teams representing the absolute dregs of the league.

I don't even know where to begin. From the inaction of the FO to bring in the right players in the offseason to the horrific bench production to the sickening lack of discipline/professionalism and complacency amongst the players.

Popovich clearly has no answers and has lost the ability to motivate this team. At this point he should be docking pay from players but he continues to be an apologist for their inadequacies. "We just hope to be playing the right way at the right time." What horseshit. This is what a team with the pedigree of the Spurs should be aiming for? How about respecting your opponent and bringing an honest effort night in and night out?

Anyone who knows basketball knows their record is fools gold. Our record against >.500 teams is telling. I'm so angry tonight having to watch this same movie again tonight. Play down to your opponent, disrespect them and then hope for a come-from-behind finish. Unfortunately, I know how this movie ends most of the time.

Sickening. :lol Classic.

exstatic
01-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Hilarious. You could take AHF's post, three down, frame it, and label it "Jumping Ship in a championship year". It looks almost identical in tone to his opus from last night. Nice find. :lol

urunobili
01-20-2008, 11:44 AM
it was the same shit last year

exstatic
01-20-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm suprised that a Sequ Bonner bitching post didn't jump out at me.

Oh, my bad. He has to start a NEW THREAD for his every thought Bonner.

tmtcsc
01-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Hilarious. You could take AHF's post, three down, frame it, and label it "Jumping Ship in a championship year". It looks almost identical in tone to his opus from last night. Nice find. :lol

AHF is the epitome of a fair-weathered fan. Why constantly scream that the sky is falling after Pop and his crew have shown that they can get the Spurs challenging for championships every season ? -- When the real season starts.

Being a Spurs fan isn't for everyone.

exstatic
01-20-2008, 06:27 PM
AHF is the epitome of a fair-weathered fan. Why constantly scream that the sky is falling after Pop and his crew have shown that they can get the Spurs challenging for championships every season ? -- When the real season starts.

Oh, I wouldn't describe AHF as fair weather. He just doesn't understand (or more foolishly, doesn't accept as a done deal) the ebb and flow of a Spurs season. The January Collywobbles happen every year, without fail. To rail at them is to rail at the wind for blowing. What can you do? NO-THING.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-20-2008, 07:14 PM

Fairweather my ass. Maybe you should hang out for a while longer around here before talking out your ass like that.

I guess the obvious thing to point out about last year is that we had Golden State around to knock Dallas out for us. Who's going to do the job for the Spurs this year?

And yeah I'm concerned, even during our pre-rodeo swoons of years past we didn't look as bad as we have recently.

ricketts
01-20-2008, 09:32 PM
sounds like the only diffrence is the record. last year they performed better on the road than at home. it's all the same bitching though. Pop, the desire, performance against teams they should beat. i dunno about you all but that made me feel better (at least till the next time they lose.)

bigfundamental21
01-20-2008, 10:50 PM
We should know by now that this is an annual thing. It's easy for us to forget how angry we were in January last year because we ended up winning the whole thing. Just makes you put the recent problems in perspective.

T Park
01-21-2008, 01:44 AM
honestly, they are playing better now, than they did last year at this time.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-21-2008, 01:46 AM
And yeah I'm concerned, even during our pre-rodeo swoons of years past we didn't look as bad as we have recently.

Really? Last year we were SHITHOUSE in losing to Houston and LAL while I was in SA, truly bloody awful.

I must admit, I'm a bit concerned that one of these years we won't be able to flip the switch, but we've been this bad before.

m33p0
01-21-2008, 01:51 AM
if anything, Pop has alot more ammo in his disposal this time around.

spurspf
01-21-2008, 05:11 AM
honestly, they are playing better now, than they did last year at this time.

:clap Not only that, we don't have to climb out of a huge hole like last year when _Allas had multiple 13 game winning streaks and Phoenix had that crazy ass record. And I think, last year, we would have caught the Suns, if if were not for the infamous, Timmy is laughing in the bench incident.

endrity
01-21-2008, 06:07 AM
No one in here though has yet to say what was gonna happen if they met up with Dallas last year. Phoenix gave you a pretty tough series, and Dallas was a better that matched up better with you, and has beat you guys in the playoffs a year ago. GS and Nellie are still waiting for their paycheck from the spurs FO.

timvp
01-21-2008, 06:15 AM
Eh, I give people a pass for what they said in that thread. That was after the horrible home loss against the Rockets when the Rockets didn't even have Yao Ming. If that loss didn't frustrate you as a Spurs fan you might want to have your pulse checked.

tmtcsc
01-21-2008, 10:19 AM
Fairweather my ass. Maybe you should hang out for a while longer around here before talking out your ass like that.

Talking out my ass ? Dude, you talk more shit than anyone. You seem to fly off in bits of cyber rage at the Spurs and then they come back and make you look like a dumb ass. Maybe you should hang out here less and chill out more. Pop in a DVD of us beating the Pistons after playing like ass in 2005 or us sweeping Lebron in 2007 after he beat us in the regular season.

The point of re-posting this thread was to help people avoid thinking we were doomed all over again. Last year we were terrible at times. I still remember us coming out of a time out with 4 players against the Lakers. Hell, they were the ones that said something to the refs. That was the low point for me. But, they always seem to get it together before the playoffs and get on a roll.

Talk all the shit you want, I just hope I can re-post your negative posts a year from now.

nfg3
01-21-2008, 11:20 AM
I've seen this happen before and come to accept it. I always wait until the RR trip is over to see how they are playing in order to make an evaluation. But as a Spurs fan I would want them always to be playing better than they are. It's frustrating at times :pctoss and people need to vent now and then. I don't really pay that much attention to it.

So I take a deep breath and relax. This is part of being a Spurs fan - these types of perfromances in January come with the territory.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-21-2008, 11:40 AM
History says that this team can and will flip that switch as we get farther into the season.

I always asssume they will...but we'll see. That's why I hate watching this team until after the all-star break.

Southwest Texas Fan
01-21-2008, 02:13 PM
I remember how the team struggled last year and I know they will get it together but I am a little worried about Roho. I know he doesn't show up until the playoffs but with him missing training camp the pre-season and some of the reg season he seems off kilter. I have faith big shot will come to life and this slump will be a distant memory.