PDA

View Full Version : Should the NBA adopt a "Seniors League"?

LakeShow
01-20-2008, 11:42 AM
and would the entire San Antonio team less TP qualify? Are they the oldest NBA team, ever?

:stirpot:

:fro

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Are they the oldest NBA team, ever?
I'm pretty sure the teams in the 80s are older than the Spurs.

shelshor
01-20-2008, 12:22 PM
No, there are very good reasons why the NBA dropped the Old Timers Game from the All Star Weekend gala festivities

LakeShow
01-20-2008, 12:26 PM
No, there are very good reasons why the NBA dropped the Old Timers Game from the All Star Weekend gala festivities

I can't remember that. What was the reason? Injuries? Or was it just tough on the eyes to watch them?

Findog
01-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Still to early to tell if the Spurs are fatally flawed or just on cruise control right now. Last year was an enlightening example of how what happens in the regular season doesn't necessarily carry over into the playoffs. It seemed like Phoenix and Dallas were destined to meet in the WCF. If the playoffs started today they'd be fucked, but they have 3 months to get their act together.

shelshor
01-20-2008, 12:38 PM
I can't remember that. What was the reason? Injuries? Or was it just tough on the eyes to watch them?
They no longer had their former skills and was very painful to behold--the pivotal moment was when Oscar Robertson discovered, on live TV, that he could no longer make a bounce pass

LakeShow
01-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Still to early to tell if the Spurs are fatally flawed or just on cruise control right now. Last year was an enlightening example of how what happens in the regular season doesn't necessarily carry over into the playoffs. It seemed like Phoenix and Dallas were destined to meet in the WCF. If the playoffs started today they'd be fucked, but they have 3 months to get their act together.

This season is different. Father time may have caught up with those guys.

LakeShow
01-20-2008, 12:51 PM
They no longer had their former skills and was very painful to behold--the pivotal moment was when Oscar Robertson discovered, on live TV, that he could no longer make a bounce pass

I can faguely remember old gray hair, fat out of shape Robertson playing in a game.

Findog
01-20-2008, 12:56 PM
This season is different. Father time may have caught up with those guys.

Another thing to consider is the improvement of teams like Portland and your Lakers. That improvement has to come at the expense of other teams. It seems like the gap between Mavs/Spurs/Suns and the rest of the conference has narrowed.

LakeShow
01-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Another thing to consider is the improvement of teams like Portland and your Lakers. That improvement has to come at the expense of other teams. It seems like the gap between Mavs/Spurs/Suns and the rest of the conference has narrowed.

That's true and I agree.

On the Spurs though they seem to be a step slow now. They may turn things around but judging by what I've seen of them, I wouldn't bet on it!

exstatic
01-20-2008, 03:53 PM
Didn't they have one of the older players completely blow a knee out just coming up the floor?

baseline bum
01-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Didn't they have one of the older players completely blow a knee out just coming up the floor?

Norm Nixon. You would think a Laker fan would know that.

LakeShow
01-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Norm Nixon. You would think a Laker fan would know that.

:lol crucify me, I forgot about that!

m33p0
01-21-2008, 09:26 AM
they should bring it back but not the very old timers. the guys from the 80s or even the 90s would be nice.

Blazers are still a couple of years away from seriously contending, the Lakers probably a year away.

alot of the "more senior" members of the spurs lineup are just about done. but there's no reason to give up on them just yet since they themselves know that this is it, their last chance to win it all one more time. that in itself is incentive enough to give it their best shot when the time comes. that's how i see it. hopefully, that's how its gonna play out.

NBA Junkie
01-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Shaq could be their signature player if such a league were to be adopted.