PDA

View Full Version : I Want The Minutes!

Sense
01-03-2005, 05:58 AM
Damn, I really don't know why Pop hasn't given Tim more minutes...now I know he's ill, but we are doing worse day by day as his minutes go down the drain.

I would LOVE to see Tim Duncan have KG's minutes, our record would be 10x better and his and the spurs' stats would improve dramastically.

I don't even remember the last time Tim Duncan scored more than 25 points or 20 for that matter....and I'm really looking forward to it.

Any chance that the loss by the Kingz will wake Tim Duncan up?

He did recently mention that his minutes will improve, since he's feeling better..

LETS PRAY! :angel

Kori Ellis
01-03-2005, 06:03 AM
Why would you want Tim to play as many minutes as KG? He'd be tired as hell come playoff time.

Sense
01-03-2005, 06:08 AM
I'm not saying that he should have it throughout the whole season, but it appears as if he's barely in the game. What is he averaging like 14 ppg and 8 boards in the last couple of games?

That is not good at all....

At all..

Kori Ellis
01-03-2005, 06:11 AM
The Spurs have won five out of their last six games -- those are the games you are complaining about minutes. So what difference would it have made if he played more minutes in those games?? The Spurs would have still won five out of six. And he was averaging 18 points and 10 rebounds in those five wins.

JUUOT
01-03-2005, 03:17 PM
some people just do not understand basketball like other sports like soccer or volley ball is a game you play as a team. a player is just a part of a greater picture. no individual performance count. what counts is a win. This is why Spurs are so strong and have the best winning percentage in the last 5 years. because players put the team interest before their own.

This is why i am a spurs fan!

FromWayDowntown
01-03-2005, 03:35 PM
Let's see . . . . the club is off to the best start in its history. It is playing the best defense in the NBA and now is among the better offensive teams in the league. They have lost 5 road games by 5, 3, 6, 1, and 5 points (a total of 20 points). They lead their division by 4 games on January 3 and are within 3 of the best overall record in the NBA. They have done all of that without any players in the top 50 in minutes per game and without any player averaging more than 35 minutes per game.

Now, remind me again what "the problem" is here?

Bandit2981
01-03-2005, 03:58 PM
maybe you forgot that Tim played practically all throughout the summer as well for the olympics? damn, let the guy have some rest, its a long season! KG type minutes after Tims summer will completely exhaust him and basically render him ineffective come playoff time

ggoose25
01-03-2005, 04:22 PM
i agree completely bandit. im glad pop is capping tim and manu's minutes. id rather have them 25-30min a game and maybe lose a few games throughout the season then have them without any gas left for the playoffs