PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Pats

TheSanityAnnex
01-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Here is to seeing you next year with a healthy team that will not settle for 4 field goals.

TheSanityAnnex
01-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Good win.

slayermin
01-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Congrats to the Pats.

Fillmoe
01-20-2008, 06:13 PM

fuck the pats.....

Sweetey
01-20-2008, 06:14 PM
Yesssss ! Congrats to the Pats !! :elephant :elephant :elephant

duncan228
01-20-2008, 06:17 PM
My Father-In-Law was a die hard Patriots fan his whole life. He breathed the Patriots. Went to training camp, did any fan thing he could. One room in his house was completely decorated in Patriots stuff.
He passed away in July, he got to see the Patriots glory but he did not get to see this incredible season. I like to think he knows, that somewhere he is smiling about his Patriots and this historical season.

Congrats Patriots fans, Grandpa Ben is with you.

TheSanityAnnex
01-20-2008, 06:20 PM
He passed away in July, he got to see the Patriots glory but he did not get to see this incredible season. *

TheSanityAnnex
01-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Although I covered the spread with my bet, I'm still disappointed.

I seem to be the fan of bad luck.
No Tomlinson, an injured Rivers, and a useless Gates. Had these three been 100% it would have been a very different game. No way the Chargers get skunked in the redzone 4 times, no way.

Fillmoe
01-20-2008, 06:23 PM
with phillip rivers... YES WAY!

TheSanityAnnex
01-20-2008, 06:24 PM
And to those who said Jammer couldn't shut down Moss................

greenroom
01-20-2008, 06:25 PM

No Tomlinson, an injured Rivers, and a useless Gates. Had these three been 100% it would have been a very different game. No way the Chargers get skunked in the redzone 4 times, no way.

I actually think the Chargers played better than the Pats today. I personally think if LT was playing they would not of went 0-4 in the redzone with LT.

That said a huge congrats to the Patriots to go 18-0 is really a great job. ANd I really hate the Pats.

slayermin
01-20-2008, 06:25 PM

The first couple of times in the redzone, I thought Norv went conservative on 1st down.

DaHorns
01-20-2008, 06:26 PM
I wish there was a bit more offense for the Chargers. Losing LT at the beginning of the game really threw a wrench into the game plan. turner was good, but he is no LT. Good stuff for the Pats though...... :fro

TheSanityAnnex
01-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Congrats to the Bolts, they won me plenty of money during this playoff run to at least let me be able to stomach the loss.

NBA Junkie
01-20-2008, 06:32 PM
The first couple of times in the redzone, I thought Norv went conservative on 1st down.

Conservative is the only way Norv knows how to coach.

The Chargers will never win a super bowl as long as Norv is coaching them.

Fillmoe
01-20-2008, 06:32 PM
to bad they are still a bum ass team

marty >>> norv

NBA Junkie
01-20-2008, 06:33 PM

marty >>> norv

Even though Norv has two more playoff wins than Marty as Chargers coach.

TheSanityAnnex
01-20-2008, 06:36 PM

marty >>> norvAFC Championship game = bum ass team

Kill yourself Niner fan.

TheSanityAnnex
01-20-2008, 06:38 PM
I'm not that upset after this loss. The Chargers were crippled, they fought hard, and I came up $300.

I'd give up that $300 to have had them play with a healthy team though. You could really see the difference of not having Gates/Tomlinson in the red zone.

Fillmoe
01-20-2008, 06:39 PM
im still wondering how you guys beat the colts...

fluke ass team

TheSanityAnnex
Hopefully it will become a Pats/Chargers rivalry for the next couple of years.

slayermin
Even though I admit Norv went conservative, he didn't miss the block on Seau on that 3rd and 1 in the redzone in the first half.

san antonio spurs
01-20-2008, 06:47 PM
TSA, what did you think of LT sitting on the bench with his helmet on, not cheering and encouraging his teamates?

Fillmoe
01-20-2008, 06:49 PM
LT is one of the biggest babies in the game.... he was probably crying underneath the helmet

KidCongo
01-20-2008, 06:57 PM
TSA, what did you think of LT sitting on the bench with his helmet on, not cheering and encouraging his teamates?

I think LT was upset he couldn't play, who wouldn't be

greenroom
01-20-2008, 06:59 PM

Yea I agree LT is not winning new fans. He has great talent, but his actions are starting to make me think he is not a good teammate.

san antonio spurs
01-20-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm dissappointed with Tomlisson,
1. If you're judged healthy enough to start a game, you've got to do whatever you can to stay in the game and have an impact,even as a decoy because of the attention his gets from the defense would free up his teamates

2. I've seen "leaders" of teams on cruches and unable to play involved on the sidelines and cheering and firing up their teamates.

3. I saw a injured Rivers play, an injured Gates play, and were both limping more than Lt who seemed to walk well after the game was over.

san antonio spurs
01-20-2008, 07:02 PM
I think LT was upset he couldn't play, who wouldn't be
what kind of a leader is he? he talks about himself as being such a great leader, seems to condradict himself a bit there. No matter what, you've got to be involved somewhat in the biggest game of your life.

slayermin
01-20-2008, 07:05 PM
what kind of a leader is he? he talks about himself as being such a great leader, seems t condradict himself a bit there

Unless the MRI he had wasn't accurate or if he tore a ligament on his first couple of touches, I don't get it. LT not playing and Ted Cottrell not blitzing were the two most disappointing things I saw today.

san antonio spurs
01-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Unless the MRI he had wasn't accurate or if he tore a ligament on his first couple of touches, I don't get it. LT not playing and Ted Cottrell not blitzing were the two most disappointing things I saw today.
They said he did not reinjure himself.

The injury aside, the way he acted on the sidelines was pretty dissapointing. Not cheering up his teamates, not involved on the sidelines whatsoever. Sitting alone, waiting for somebody to come sit by his side to feel sorry for him.
that team needs a real leader.

Fillmoe
01-20-2008, 07:07 PM
http://i19.tinypic.com/8er2gwm.gif

Fillmoe
01-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Media: "LT, LT, LT.. Why did you sit out the whole game?"

http://i28.tinypic.com/rjftvm.gif

LT: "My pussy was hurting"

Vinnie_Johnson
01-20-2008, 07:15 PM
Where can I get one of those AFC Champs Hats??

http://www.plusskateshop.com/files/Thumbnail/asterik.gif

san antonio spurs
01-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Where can I get one of those AFC Champs Hats??

http://www.plusskateshop.com/files/Thumbnail/asterik.gif
at the LIONS' store.
they sell other teams' merchandise :lol

bostonguy
01-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Patriots are the champions my friend! And they kept on fighting till the end!

SAtown
01-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Patriots are the champions my friend! And they kept on fighting till the end!

You know you were shitting all that "chowdah" in your pants until the 4th.

san antonio spurs
01-20-2008, 08:21 PM
even when tom throws 3 picks, you don't shit in your pants when the game is close. ESPECIALLY in the 4th.

bostonguy
01-20-2008, 09:51 PM

Not with Brady at the helm. It's not like we have Chad Shittington playing QB for us.

J.T.
01-20-2008, 09:58 PM
Not with Brady at the helm. It's not like we have Chad Shittington playing QB for us.

Shittington? Damn, I need to buy that jersey.

TheSanityAnnex
01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
people questioning the legitimacy of L.T.'s injury in a game like this? You armchair QB's are pathetic.

TheSanityAnnex
01-21-2008, 12:41 AM
I'm dissappointed with Tomlisson,
1. If you're judged healthy enough to start a game, you've got to do whatever you can to stay in the game and have an impact,even as a decoy because of the attention his gets from the defense would free up his teamates

2. I've seen "leaders" of teams on cruches and unable to play involved on the sidelines and cheering and firing up their teamates.

3. I saw a injured Rivers play, an injured Gates play, and were both limping more than Lt who seemed to walk well after the game was over.LT has sprained MCL; surgery for Rivers?

Whatever the speculation was on TV or the lie the Chargers announced to the media at Gillette Stadium, here's the bottom line from LaDainian Tomlinson:

"It's obvious that I couldn't play. If I could have played, I would have been in there.''

Tomlinson, who suffered a hyperextended left knee in last week's win over Indianapolis, got hit on the same knee on the first play of the AFC Championship Game and said he sprained the medial collateral ligament. The Chargers announced he could have returned to the game, but Tomlinson said that wasn't the case. Coach Norv Turner confirmed that after the game.

"It was just the impact of getting hit that first play, right on it,'' Tomlinson said. "I thought that would be the test, taking a hit on it. I don't know how I get direct hits on it ... it's just been two bad weeks for me. I usually don't take shots like that. It just happened.''

Tomlinson was in for a total of four plays -- two carries, a reception and one play where he stayed into block. He did not play after the Chargers' second series.

"LT tried to go and he just couldn't go,'' Turner said. "The pain in the knee, what he felt, he couldn't push off it and he couldn't go. ... The doctors and trainers said he couldn't go.''

Meanwhile, QB Philip Rivers confirmed he has a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in addition to a sprained MCL. Rivers said he "probably'' would need surgery.

O-Factor
01-21-2008, 01:13 AM
http://i19.tinypic.com/8er2gwm.gif

Was this from todays game? Tomlinson has been kind of a dick to Rivers this whole season it seems like.

Fillmoe
01-21-2008, 01:32 AM
no not from today.... tomlinson never took his helmet off today... LOL

FromWayDowntown
01-21-2008, 01:34 AM
Asterisk smack is weak sauce.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-21-2008, 01:36 AM
LT is one of the biggest babies in the game.... he was probably crying underneath the helmet

WTF was up with that Puss leaving his helmet on the whole game. :lol

san antonio spurs
01-21-2008, 01:46 AM
LT has sprained MCL; surgery for Rivers?

Whatever the speculation was on TV or the lie the Chargers announced to the media at Gillette Stadium, here's the bottom line from LaDainian Tomlinson:

"It's obvious that I couldn't play. If I could have played, I would have been in there.''

Tomlinson, who suffered a hyperextended left knee in last week's win over Indianapolis, got hit on the same knee on the first play of the AFC Championship Game and said he sprained the medial collateral ligament. The Chargers announced he could have returned to the game, but Tomlinson said that wasn't the case. Coach Norv Turner confirmed that after the game.

"It was just the impact of getting hit that first play, right on it,'' Tomlinson said. "I thought that would be the test, taking a hit on it. I don't know how I get direct hits on it ... it's just been two bad weeks for me. I usually don't take shots like that. It just happened.''

Tomlinson was in for a total of four plays -- two carries, a reception and one play where he stayed into block. He did not play after the Chargers' second series.

"LT tried to go and he just couldn't go,'' Turner said. "The pain in the knee, what he felt, he couldn't push off it and he couldn't go. ... The doctors and trainers said he couldn't go.''

Meanwhile, QB Philip Rivers confirmed he has a partially torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee in addition to a sprained MCL. Rivers said he "probably'' would need surgery.
did he say why he was stoic the whole game, sitting alone and not cheering for his teamates or firing them up?
He's supposed to be a leader isn't he?

T Park
01-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Rivers playing as well as he did, with a partially torn ACL is studly in its own right.

slayermin
01-21-2008, 03:08 AM
I guess LT did get hit on the knee on the first play. That explains a lot.

Fabbs
01-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Even though I admit Norv went conservative, he didn't miss the block on Seau on that 3rd and 1 in the redzone in the first half. It was still a stupid call. Run up the middle twice. If you can't get a yard and one foot with that O line and Michael Turner up the middle then sit down. MT is much better up the middle then sideways.

Also cracks me up the media writing how Jr Meow "broke thru the line for the tackle". :elephant