PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch Toros game besides me? Toros 113 Iowa 107

tomcat
01-21-2008, 12:45 AM
Only one nba game on tap tonite............rather slow going.

Caught the Toros game online though. Pretty ugly game late. Looks as if Toros were going through the motions early and not worried as Iowa had lost 8 straight already.

Iowa tied game late in the 4th and Demarr Johnson and Keith Langford scored the last 10 points after being tied at 103.

Ian started the night 5-5. Finished with 21 pts but did not really get into a flow on the defensive end. Spotty foul trouble sat him quite a bit. Great hands.

Dermarr shot lights out (25 pts) after not doing squat since being let go by the Spurs. I am truly convinced he is a spot up shooter ONLY.

Justin Bowen did not play as I hear he is contemplating making the jump BACK overseas. He has 2 kids to feed.

Langford looks bored and disinterested to me. He may bolt soon too. He does not look for his offense much in the first half of games. It seems he can turn it on and off. As long as he gets his 20 I think he's happy. (24 pts)

I have Marcus Williams figured out. He actually has a pretty high basketball IQ, but his body won't let him do what his head tells him to do...hence multiple turnovers. That extra year or two in college would have done him good. He could have gotten stronger and worked on his weaknesses aka agility.

Kris Lang is just a space eater.

Justin Reed was 4-13 and the only thing that stopped him from shooting was that the game was over.

Cheyne Gadson tied Langford with 8 assists and had a pretty good scoring night. I think we need a pure point not named Squeaky Johnson on this team with so many scorers.

Up next Colorado 14ers back2back on Wed and Thurs in Austin. Toros now 15-6.

T Park
01-21-2008, 01:42 AM
I am truly convinced he is a spot up shooter ONLY.

perfect.

If you can motivate him to play defense a bit, and guard players his size or bigger coughnowitzkicough

then hes perfect for the playoffs.

ChumpDumper
01-21-2008, 02:04 AM
If you can motivate him to play defense a bitThat's the problem. Dude is loathe (unable?) to move his feet on D. He can reach in the lanes and grab a few steals, but he'll need to do more that that to get back on the Spurs.

T Park
01-21-2008, 02:09 AM
Yeah I know. If the guy wasn't such a lazy stooge, hed be one hell of a player, especially being perfect for the Spurs.

Its no wonder the Nuggets didn't play him, and gave up on him.

Shame. You'd think after the auto accident, that it would've changed his attitude on things. Not to mention the rumor that he supposedly told Chip at practice that "I'm good"

Bruno
01-21-2008, 07:01 AM
I've watched the first half and the last 5 minutes of the game.

Mahinmi played a good game. On the offensive end, he can almost score at will. He was average on the defensive end, some good steals but he didn't respect Toliver's jumpshot while he was shooting the ball well. He did a good job at rebounding the ball. I don't know what will happen for him in the future but Mahinmi could end up as a very good NBA player, it's hard not to be enthusiast when you have a player with that kind of body that has some good skills.

Reed sucks. He is a ballhog. To me, it's obvious that he plays with the only goal to be call up one day and doesn't give a fuck about the outcome of the game. If he continues to play like that, I hope he will be waived or traded but I doubt it will happen, even more with Bowen going in Europe.

Given that I've mainly watched the first half and Iowa's player were outmatched by Austin in the first half, I've found other Toros good to very good. Toliver is a nice little player, I'm not sure he is NBA material but he should be able to do well in Europe.

The crowd was really into the game in the crunch when Iowa came back. the Wells Fargo arena is a great place to play basketball, even if it's very big for a D-League team. There has a female referee in this game, she and other referees were quite good, I hope that the NBA will get rid of Violet Palmer to get a more competent referee.