PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Barber...

florige
01-21-2008, 08:27 AM
I wonder who that prick is rooting for? Just last year he was blaming everyone but himself for the Giants post-season failures. Hmmm the year Barber hangs it up the Giants are in the SB..... :rolleyes

NBA Junkie
01-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Let's not forget the Giants got even better when Shockey went down last month.

florige
01-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Let's not forget the Giants got even better when Shockey went down last month.

Shockey dropped a heck of alot of passes prior too.

Slinkyman
01-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Giants are winning because they aren't turning the ball over and that's what tiki did best.

florige
01-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Giants are winning because they aren't turning the ball over and that's what tiki did best.

Thats what pisses me off about the guy. He is so quick to point fingers at everyone else. One season it's Coughlin for his playcalling, then next season it's Eli for not being a leader. I remember the one game against Carolina when he was complaining about the play-calling, the Giants did try and run him, Carolina just shut him down. But I guess that game it was the O-line's fault... :rolleyes Man that would be so sweet if the Giants could pull this out. I would pay to see the look on that prick's face as Eli hoist the Larry O' Brien trophy.

peewee's lovechild
01-21-2008, 11:31 AM
I wouldn't mind the Giants winning it all just so they can shove it in Tiki's face.

And, because I hate the Patriots too.

Fillmoe
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
He's probably getting piped by some homosexual who doesn't even watch football... TIKI BEEN SUSPECT!

samikeyp
01-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Patrick Ewing theory (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=1193711)

Vince Carter: Watch the Raptors in two years, after Vince joins MJ in DC (and you know it's happening).

Oops. :lol

florige
01-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Cool link from ESPN on that prude Barber...http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=brain/080122/barber&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab8pos1

JamStone
01-22-2008, 05:21 PM
I wonder who that prick is rooting for? Just last year he was blaming everyone but himself for the Giants post-season failures. Hmmm the year Barber hangs it up the Giants are in the SB..... :rolleyes

I was just thinking earlier about Tiki and how the Giants made it this far without him, especially after some of his comments last year and the beginning of this season. Also, how his brother Ronde blasted the Giants and Eli before losing to them. I don't have anything against the Barbers, but they both look pretty foolish now.

Kori Ellis
01-22-2008, 09:57 PM
I wrote about this subject for a website last week:

Tiki Barber Keys Giants Success

Over Tiki Barber’s final seven seasons as a member of the New York Giants, he put up impeccable stats and the running back was one of the team’s most valuable players. This season, however, Barber may have been even more valuable to the Giants. And, yes, that was quite the accomplishment considering Barber retired after the 2006 NFL season and spent the 2007 season working for NBC.

Statistically speaking, the Giants didn’t miss Barber too much. In 2006, the Giants’ offense averaged 342 yards per game and scored 38 touchdowns. In 2007, the offense averaged 331 yards per game and scored 38 touchdowns. The Giants were able to replace Barber’s production by using a running back committee of Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, Reuben Droughns and Ahmad Bradshaw.

However, what that running back committee didn’t replace was Barber’s overbearing personality. Barber has always been open and accessible to the media. Over the years, he was open and upfront about what he felt was wrong with the team. Eli Manning and the rest of the offensive unit were often overshadowed by what Barber had to say.

With Barber gone, Manning was able to spread his wings and grow into the quarterback he is now. Manning leading cold-blooded drives on the road in the playoffs was unthinkable this time last year. Now, with more respect on and off the field, the team genuinely believes in Manning for the first time.

When the Giants were struggling earlier in the season, Barber was quick to tell stories on air about the shortcomings of Manning and the Giants. Now that the Giants are better without him, perhaps it’s only fair to question just how good Barber was as a player.

10,449 career rushing yards is impressive; retiring and your team becoming better without you is not. One more win this Sunday and the Giants can head to the Super Bowl. Hopefully they remember to thank Barber on their way there.

slayermin
01-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Stalag Coughlin wasn't quite as overbearing this season, from what I heard.

whottt
01-22-2008, 10:23 PM
I always hated Tiki, but not because of anything he said...he flat out tore the Cowboys up. Not real crazy about Toomer or Plaxico either....for similar reasons.

However, for the first time in my life I'm rooting for the Giants with no Cowboys agenda involved, not just in a Superbowl, but in a game period...I can't stand the Patriots.

Pistons < Spurs
01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
With Barber gone, Manning was able to spread his wings and grow into the quarterback he is now. Manning leading cold-blooded drives on the road in the playoffs was unthinkable this time last year. Now, with more respect on and off the field, the team genuinely believes in Manning for the first time.

Well said.

Barbers presence in the huddle and in the locker room hindered Manning's ability to, or perhaps his confidence to, become the leader of this team. Either Eli didn't want to step on the shoes of a proven Vet, or Tiki didn't give him room to step up, it's clear Manning is better without him on the team.

I'm not a huge Eli fan, especially because of his and his fathers stunts surrounding the draft, but I am glad to see that he's grown a pair.

JamStone
01-23-2008, 12:14 AM
I always hated Tiki, but not because of anything he said...he flat out tore the Cowboys up. Not real crazy about Toomer or Plaxico either....for similar reasons.

However, for the first time in my life I'm rooting for the Giants with no Cowboys agenda involved, not just in a Superbowl, but in a game period...I can't stand the Patriots.

Sounds like you're more rooting against the Patriots than rooting for the Giants.

O-Factor
01-23-2008, 12:51 AM
I've hated Barber not because he was a Giant, but the way he carried himself as professional in the Giants organization. Blasting his team mates and Tom Coughlin, who by the way taught him how to hold on the the fucking ball. He's pretty pathetic.

And he's pretty remedial as an analyst, but maybe thats because the Football Night in America pre-game show bores the hell out of me.

florige
01-24-2008, 09:14 AM
I've hated Barber not because he was a Giant, but the way he carried himself as professional in the Giants organization. Blasting his team mates and Tom Coughlin, who by the way taught him how to hold on the the fucking ball. He's pretty pathetic.

And he's pretty remedial as an analyst, but maybe thats because the Football Night in America pre-game show bores the hell out of me.

Yeah good point. He was a chronic fumbler until Coughlin got there. The one complaint that got me with him was about 4 years in the Carolina game in the playoffs. He complained about not getting the ball enough. I remember that game. He did get the ball alot, it's just that Carolina had an awesome defense that year and they stopped him. But yet he complained about the play-calling. I like how the Giants have used the three running backs. It always keeps people fresh. I would REALLY love to hear his comments. Guys who constantly throw teamates under the bus to the media just for sound bites really get under my skin. If he had a problem with Eli he should have went to him, not to the media. He was under enough critisism as it is in NY.

LaDainian Tomlinson
01-24-2008, 09:49 AM
I like Tiki's style, he had it right. Make sure you're comfortably out of the game and then trash your QB. Works pretty well for me :tu

stretch
01-24-2008, 10:35 AM
I like Tiki's style, he had it right. Make sure you're comfortably out of the game and then trash your QB. Works pretty well for me :tu
GTFO Mono.

Flo-Rida
01-24-2008, 09:56 PM
LMAO on this comment

"in tiki's book he expressed his opinion of not only his frmer team but other subjects as well.
-he said the departed was the worst movie EVER!!!(won the oscar for best picture)
-he said the anaheim ducks will forever be stuck in expansion type mediocrity(won stanley cup)
-he said ER sould be canceled(best ratings in 10 years)
-he said the red sox will now endure the curse of johnny damon

so far he has been right on about everything"

florige
01-24-2008, 11:23 PM
LMAO on this comment

"in tiki's book he expressed his opinion of not only his frmer team but other subjects as well.
-he said the departed was the worst movie EVER!!!(won the oscar for best picture)
-he said the anaheim ducks will forever be stuck in expansion type mediocrity(won stanley cup)
-he said ER sould be canceled(best ratings in 10 years)
-he said the red sox will now endure the curse of johnny damon

so far he has been right on about everything"

If you ever happen to be sitting with him at the Blackjack table, always do the opposite of what he does.

J.T.
01-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Sounds like you're more rooting against the Patriots than rooting for the Giants.

A lot of people are taking this approach to their Super Bowl pick.

florige
01-25-2008, 12:15 AM
A lot of people are taking this approach to their Super Bowl pick.

That may suck for the Giants if it's like that in AZ next week. They are horrible at home this year and awesome on the road. I'm rooting for Bostonians to pack that stadium like they do Camden Yards during Red Sox series.

T Park
01-25-2008, 12:57 AM
Didn't he pick the Mavericks to win the championship also?