PDA

View Full Version : How good is it to be Archie?

Jimcs50
01-21-2008, 09:47 AM
One son QBs in the Super Bowl in 07, then the very next year, his other son is a starting QB in the Super Bowl.

It is good to be a Manning.

I hope little Manning gets what big brother got last year.

ploto
01-21-2008, 11:57 AM
The Mannings are a family of douches.
Why does no one care what he pulled on draft night?

degenerate_gambler
01-21-2008, 12:06 PM

Most have probably forgotten..

Thunder Dan
01-21-2008, 12:42 PM
and that he himself never made it to a Superbowl

samikeyp
01-21-2008, 01:22 PM

Still the main reason why I don't like Eli or his dad.

Although I do respect their accomplishments.

J.T.
01-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Hey, I wouldn't want to play for the San Diego Chargers either.

slayermin
01-21-2008, 05:50 PM
The Mannings are a family of douches.

Peyton went to your alma mater, so does that make you a douche?

slayermin
01-21-2008, 06:34 PM
How could that possibly equate? Explain that to me fuckhole.

"The Mannings are a family of douches" = "Anybody who went to the same college as Peyton Manning is a douche"?????? How in the FUCK did you come up with that conclusion you stupid fuck.

It does to me.

Jimcs50
01-21-2008, 06:42 PM
You guys totally miss the point of this thread.

I am talking about how cool this is. Being a starting QB in the NFL is one the most prestigious job in all of sports and to have two sons be two of only thirty-two that have that job is cool in itself , but to have them both go to the Super Bowl back to back, with two different teams is awesome. This also will probably never be repeated in sports history.

Even if you have a problem with the Mannings, you should still try to look at it from a dad's perspective and just say, wow.

johnsmith
01-21-2008, 08:52 PM

I am talking about how cool this is. Being a starting QB in the NFL is one the most prestigious job in all of sports and to have two sons be two of only thirty-two that have that job is cool in itself , but to have them both go to the Super Bowl back to back, with two different teams is awesome. This also will probably never be repeated in sports history.

Even if you have a problem with the Mannings, you should still try to look at it from a dad's perspective and just say, wow.

No, no I shouldn't.

atxrocker
01-21-2008, 08:59 PM

i haven't. eli is a little bitch and i hate that fucker. i hope he gets fucking spanked in the big game.

Jimcs50
01-22-2008, 03:56 PM
I should remember how totally shallow people are in here, how one dimensional they are and how most are totally unable to look at the historical significance of events.

It must be quite depressing, really.

monosylab1k
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
I should remember how totally shallow people are in here, how one dimensional they are and how most are totally unable to look at the historical significance of events.
It's probably even more shallow to encourage others to feel happy for a rich family of douches who behave like they're above the NFL.

degenerate_gambler
01-22-2008, 04:28 PM

ok..................wow

a true kodak moment. :sleep

Jimcs50
01-22-2008, 05:08 PM
It's probably even more shallow to encourage others to feel happy for a rich family of douches who behave like they're above the NFL.

A little history, donk. :rolleyes

Could it be that Archie did not want his son to play for a team that would suck like he had to do for his whole career????

Archie Manning was handcuffed to the worst franchise in NFL history and was hammered over and over by defenses, because the Saints were too cheep to get a decent offensive line and a decent defense to give his teams a chance to compete. He played before free agency, when a NFL team was basically your owner for your career....so perhaps he wanted his son to get on a good team, ya think?

Now, that being said, San Diego ended up being a good team, but at the time, the owner showed no history of trying to spend the money required to field a winning team year after year,

J.T.
01-22-2008, 05:14 PM

It's not like the New England Patriots proving to young NFL fans that you can cheat your way to the Super Bowl is any better. Or the Junior Seau model, "If you can't make the Super Bowl yourself, sign with the best team in the NFL and enjoy the ride."

monosylab1k
01-22-2008, 05:14 PM
A little history, donk. :rolleyes

Could it be that Archie did not want his son to play for a team that would suck like he had to do for his whole career????

Archie Manning was handcuffed to the worst franchise in NFL history and was hammered over and over by defenses, because the Saints were too cheep to get a decent offensive line and a decent defense to give his teams a chance to compete. He played before free agency, when a NFL team was basically your owner for your career....so perhaps he wanted his son to get on a good team, ya think?

Now, that being said, San Diego ended up being a good team, but at the time, the owner showed no history of trying to spend the money required to field a winning team year after year,

playing in the NFL is a privilege. you play for the team that drafts you. if you don't like it, you sign with somebody else as soon as your contract is up. you don't strongarm & circumvent the system by getting your daddy to make demands that he ought to be in no position to make. They're douches, always have been and always will be.

ratm1221
01-22-2008, 05:26 PM
It's not like the New England Patriots proving to young NFL fans that you can cheat your way to the Super Bowl is any better. Or the Junior Seau model, "If you can't make the Super Bowl yourself, sign with the best team in the NFL and enjoy the ride."

:lol :lol

atxrocker
01-22-2008, 05:41 PM
this could mark the first time that I agree with mono

Extra Stout
01-22-2008, 06:58 PM
No, no I shouldn't.
Any player who tries to stongarm his way out of playing for the team that drafted him is a douchebag.

Sincerely,
John Elway

ancestron
01-23-2008, 11:01 AM
Unless Eli can do the unfathomable and lead his team to victory against the Patriots in the Superbowl, he ain't got shit on his big brother.

I pretty much assume that all people associated with the NFL are douches on some level, that's really irrelevant imo.

Jimcs50
01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
this could mark the first time that I agree with mono

That is wrong on so many levels.

:lol

Jimcs50
02-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Archie is feeling great....his 2 sons are back to back SB MVPs.....unbeavable!

:elephant