PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Church

sa_butta
01-22-2008, 09:10 AM
Two Star Wars-loving brothers are planning to set up a Jedi church in Wales.

Barney and Daniel Jones want fellow devotees to be able to join them on Anglesey, reports the BBC.

Barney, 26 - or Master Jonba Hehol - and Daniel, 21 - Master Morda Hehol - head the UK Church of the Jedi.

They say their services will include sermons on The Force, light sabre training, and meditation techniques.

Hairdresser Barney said: "As children we always watched the Star Wars films anyway. We noticed that there were a couple of sites on the internet, Jedi church sites.

"We printed off a couple of sermons and did a sermon in our house for a couple of friends one night."

Barney and his musician brother Daniel, from Holyhead, help run four websites devoted to the development of the "faith".

"My brother and I will wear the Jedi robes, the dark brown robes... the congregation would be in black. Really to bring a sense of unity to the meetings," said Barney.

Although the current members are all men, women are not excluded, as Barney points out: "Princess Leia helped them out a lot."

However, any congregation member drawn to the dark side of the Force, embodied in the film by Darth Vader, would be advised they are following the wrong path and could face expulsion.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_2693229.html?menu=

samikeyp
01-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Then they could finally get out of Mom and Dad's basement!

Maybe.

:lol

sa_butta
01-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Then they could finally get out of Mom and Dad's basement!

Maybe.

:lolThat is probably were the services are held.

ORION
01-22-2008, 09:47 AM
:lol :lol
Hairdresser Barney said: :lol :lol

Marklar MM
01-22-2008, 09:53 AM
Church of Jedi vs. Church of Scientology

Fight for world supremacy. Only one can remain.

Fillmoe
01-22-2008, 01:26 PM
lol! fucking nerds.....

Bigzax
01-22-2008, 01:33 PM
if they can learn telekinesis, i'll be impressed!

Pistons_In_7
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Nerds, wtf?