PDA

View Full Version : update on my wreck

stretch
01-22-2008, 03:31 PM
okay, this really sucks. the lady that ran the red light, she gave the police false personal information. fortunately, we still got her info from her insurance, but she is not responding to any calls or anything. and until that happens, her insurance refuses to take liability for anything, especially since the witness on the police report, their phone number they gave them is out of order. this is fucking retarded.

clambake
01-22-2008, 03:34 PM
you don't have insurance?

monosylab1k
01-22-2008, 03:37 PM
you've got her info? go to her house and sort that shit out.

isn't she in even more shit now that she lied to the police?

thispego
01-22-2008, 03:37 PM
:rollin

stretch
01-22-2008, 03:38 PM
you don't have insurance?
yea, i do, but my insurance shouldn't have to pay for something another person caused. i dont even know if they will.

monosylab1k
01-22-2008, 03:39 PM
i thought you said a friend of yours witnessed it? their number is out of order?

stretch
you've got her info? go to her house and sort that shit out.

isn't she in even more shit now that she lied to the police?
thats the problem. they've tried contacting her, and she isnt responding to anything, and no one knows where she is.

monosylab1k
if you have her info then camp your ass out at her house and when she shows up just regulate on a bitch.

stretch
i thought you said a friend of yours witnessed it? their number is out of order?
it wasnt a friend of mine. it was someone that was there, but yea, their number is out of order now.

stretch
01-22-2008, 03:40 PM
:rollin
how is that funny?

stretch
01-22-2008, 03:41 PM
if you have her info then camp your ass out at her house and when she shows up just regulate on a bitch.
i wouldn't mind doing that, but i've missed too much work already from going to therapy. dont wanna get laid off, lol

clambake
yea, i do, but my insurance shouldn't have to pay for something another person caused. i dont even know if they will.
if you call your insurance company, they'll drop a legal bomb on her insurance company, provided she really has valid insurance.

monosylab1k
if you call your insurance company, they'll drop a legal bomb on her insurance company, provided she really has valid insurance.
yeah. plus, don't you have a lawyer? he should be experienced in things like this.

Bob Loblaw.
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
stretch, if you need additional legal representation, I'm available.

stretch
01-22-2008, 03:43 PM
yea. i dunno, i havent been in a situation like this before, so im still trying to figure things out myself.

stretch
01-22-2008, 03:43 PM
stretch, if you need additional legal representation, I'm available.
neat.

monosylab1k
01-22-2008, 03:44 PM
yea. i dunno, i havent been in a situation like this before, so im still trying to figure things out myself.
talk to ur lawyer, I'm sure this is something that happens alot. This is America, so you can probably sue the shit out of her for this as well and get even more than you originally thought.

clambake
01-22-2008, 03:46 PM
your insurance company will be acting as your attorney.

they don't want to have to pay this claim when another insured driver is at fault.

hold off on using a private attorney, for now.

stretch
talk to ur lawyer, I'm sure this is something that happens alot. This is America, so you can probably sue the shit out of her for this as well and get even more than you originally thought.
Yea, they said they are going to dig deeper into what the hell is going on. Hopefully things work out. Better yet... hopefully she had valid insurance.

monosylab1k
her insurance company will try to pass the buck as much as possible and they're trying to screw you over here cuz they think you're naive. get your lawyer to fuck them with the long arm of the law.

JoeChalupa
01-22-2008, 03:47 PM
That happened to me ad my insurance paid and went after the person at fault. It was then out of my hands.

Melmart1
01-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Why would anyone give the police false information? They have her fricken license plates on the report, don't they? Unless it was a borrowed or stolen car then surely they can find her real information that way.

JoeChalupa
01-22-2008, 03:48 PM
I don't thnk these types of cases are a priority for SAPD.

stretch
01-22-2008, 03:48 PM
That happened to me ad my insurance paid and went after the person at fault. It was then out of my hands.
What happened after that?

florige
01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Why would anyone give the police false information? They have her fricken license plates on the report, don't they? Unless it was a borrowed or stolen car then surely they can find her real information that way.

I think his gripe is that she isn't responding to the calls from the insurance company.

stretch
01-22-2008, 03:49 PM
I don't thnk these types of cases are a priority for SAPD.
Actually, I live in Dallas.

monosylab1k
01-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Actually, I live in Dallas.
DPD is probably worse.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-22-2008, 03:50 PM
man, that sucks, but i'm a little unclear on what you wrote. her insurance is saying you're giving them false info about her that she gave to you? info about the accident or her personal info? that doesn't sound right. plus if she doesn't call her insurance company they should issue her a certified letter regarding that. i got in a minor parking lot fender bender and the old hag that ran into me didn't call them back. they sent her a certified letter and gave her a deadline of a week. i just received a $400 check from that accident with all info based off my account, not hers. she had allstate insurance.

tlongII
01-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Were police at the scence of the accident? If so, I don't think you have anything to worry about as long as she has valid insurance.

Melmart1
01-22-2008, 03:51 PM
I think his gripe is that she isn't responding to the calls from the insurance company.
I was implying the woman isn't too bright. You can't hide forever, and for a fricken car accident, no less. It's not like she murdered someone.

stretch
01-22-2008, 03:52 PM
man, that sucks, but i'm a little unclear on what you wrote. her insurance is saying you're giving them false info about her that she gave to you? info about the accident or her personal info? that doesn't sound right. plus if she doesn't call her insurance company they should issue her a certified letter regarding that. i got in a minor parking lot fender bender and the old hag that ran into me didn't call them back. they sent her a certified letter and gave her a deadline of a week. i just received a $400 check from that accident with all info based off my account, not hers. she had allstate insurance.
Basically, she gave wrong information to the police for the police report. But we still had her insurance information, so that we could find a way to contact her, but she isn't responding to anything, including her own insurance. And the witness that was on the police report, their number is out of order. So until they get in contact with her, her insurance is refusing to accept liability.

clambake
01-22-2008, 03:53 PM
stretch, i'm a broker. call your insurance company, and stop delaying.

tell them everything you know.

CubanMustGo
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
The way this normally works is that your insurance company pays you under the uninsurred/underinsured coverage that I hope you have on your policy. Unfortunately you will probably also have a UI deductible to pay. You give your company all the info you have and they go after the other party's insurance. Eventually through the subrogation process they will usually recover something (if all what you say is true) and when that happens you'll get some of that deductible back.

But, man, this is something your insurance company should be doing on your behalf - contacting her insurance company and if the other party isn't responding then her company will have to pay. If they are dropping the ball with something so basic you prolly need to find another insurance company.

01Snake
01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
stretch, i'm a broker. call your insurance company, and stop delaying.

tell them everything you know.

Yes. If you want your shit fixed/replaced, you're gonna have to file a claim through your own carrier. They will handle everything and then subrogate against her carrier if she has one. If she doesn't, then they will go after her personally.

stretch
01-22-2008, 04:14 PM
cool thanks.

thispego
01-22-2008, 04:30 PM
how is that funny?
because you might not get the thousands of dollars that several posters have convinced you you'd get.

stretch
01-22-2008, 04:59 PM
because you might not get the thousands of dollars that several posters have convinced you you'd get.
yea, that would suck.

honestly, i dont care that much about the extra money. i just want my medical bills and car paid.

thispego
01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
yea, that would suck.

honestly, i dont care that much about the extra money. i just want my medical bills and car paid.
you should at least get that. i'd be pissed if I didn;t get the extra cash flow for my "pain and suffering"

bendmz
01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
GET YOU A LAWYER !!!!!!
all your insurance company going to do is recover what they are out of. don't trust them to look out for you. they will not. you have 2 years in the state of Texas to clear this shit up.
Remember, these companies are all in this together. they are out to get your money, so calling it even for them..... they come out ahead.

stretch
01-22-2008, 05:36 PM
its fun to hear all different kinds of opinions. some people tell me to get a lawyer. others say not to. some say your insurance will take care of you. others say they wont...

clambake
01-22-2008, 06:17 PM
you have to take mature steps to get this resolved. notify your insurance first.

you might end up needing a lawyer. (to go after your own insurance company) but you have to notify them first. they are responsible for assuming your risk.

TDMVPDPOY
01-22-2008, 11:03 PM
if you are full comp policy

get ur insurance to do all the work, they will chase them up and .......give them mayhem and hell

LuvBones
01-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Can't your insurance see she was at fault from the police report?

stretch
01-23-2008, 09:04 AM
I would think so.

Cry Havoc
01-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Light a fire under your insurance companies' ass. They should be on this. A person can't commit a crime and just disappear b/c they won't return phone calls. That lady has a son, so unless she's pulled him out of school, she's still around, right?

It shouldn't matter, because falsifying information to police is a crime as well, and indicative of her guilt. Your insurance company should be all over theirs to get that money back.

mrsmaalox
01-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Hmm, sounds alot like the woman who ran into me! Was she about 4' x 4' in stature, with dyed orange hair, shaved eyebrows, wearing a t-shirt that said "Rude Dog"? :lol

But seriously, make your insurance company earn their money by putting them on it ASAP. Then if they give you a hard time you can get a lawyer to make them do their job and pay.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-23-2008, 10:26 AM
the one thing is if you get your insurance involved with contacting the ladies' is then you would have to pay your deductible and your premium will go up.

CubanMustGo
01-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Deductible: yes (until subrogation completes). Insurance go up: not if the other driver is at-fault.

bendmz
01-23-2008, 07:57 PM
insurance company do all the work...... :lmao

stretch
05-19-2008, 01:49 PM
so I just got a call... first offer was for $9,700 for the medical side (I already got around $5,000 for my car) but i rejected that and am going for more. apparently i really should be getting around $25,000, and it's even said that many cases like this one result in getting around $50,000. but at the least I will get around $9,700, which is more than enough, considering my only concern was to get around $8,000 to finish paying off my new car.

but yup. that's all.

RandomGuy
05-19-2008, 02:42 PM
subrogation: to legally step into someone's shoes.

You file a claim with your insurance company, they step into your shoes and sue, because they now have an interest in getting a settlement from the other insurance company.

Both companies will try to limit their exposure. Don't take your first offer from your company, and give a counter offer higher than what you ultimately want. Negotiating 101.

This thread is a prime example of why one should have a camera on their cell phone, or carry a cheap disposable camera in your car. I don't do it, but this thread makes me want to correct that.

People will think twice about lying when you have their picture, and since they are in a public roadway, they can't object to anybody taking pictures.

If all else fails, if you had the pics you could spend a hundred bucks or so plastering her picture everywhere within a 10 mile radius, with a reward for her identity. Nothing like unwanted publicity...

RandomGuy
05-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Here is a link on how to negotiate with an insurance company. (http://www.nolo.com/article.cfm/objectId/59849FAD-D427-48BE-A1D1D1236EB2279A/catID/F12B8A3E-0ED4-40C8-B18E8CD8034A1F2E/104/199/297/ART/)

and other (http://insurance.freeadvice.com/information/auto/article/60)

or just do the google thing here and see how many good articles there are (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=negotiating+with+insurance+companies&btnG=Google+Search), I just posted the first two from this search.

With 5,000 dollars at stake, spending 5 hours reading up, and 15 hours negotiating and researching is essentially $250/hr tax free.

You will never be paid better for your time, unless you look like Eva Longoria, or are the CEO of Home Depot...

fatsack
05-19-2008, 02:46 PM
got the license plate number?