PDA

View Full Version : The ebb and flow that is the Spurs.

lonestr
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
There is much talk about the ills of the Spurs as of late and it's rather disquieting. If you listen closely to the post game interviews and the occasional guest appearances, the Spurs are not on a "down to three wheels" mode with the recent losses. While I do concede that they have endured injuries and have played with a little less zeal, it's no cause to be concerned. I see a team trying to finalize it's rotation, as they've always done in the past, and I really don't see where we as fans need to throw ourselves into swords with this 'woe is me' attitude.

If you really want to find out how a championship is won, ask a member of the San Antonio Spurs because they are the current champions and they know how these things are done. I sure as hell wont come around in a forum and ask an arm chair coach or general manager what's going on and what do we need to turn things around. As fans of the Spurs, we need to give the Spurs our patience. We are the reigning champs and we don't need to worry about our players' ambition to dance in the big dance because they've been doing it for the past ten years.

I got into a heated argument with a Suns fan who declared the Spurs were done after reports of Tony having trouble with his heel and the rest of the team being old. I pointed out that even with Parkers ailments, we are still a better team than the Suns. Do you really think that the Spurs can be beaten in a seven game series against the Suns? Hell no!! I can't tell you how many times I've seen this right before the rodeo event where the Spurs tighten the 'ole belt and charge through the rest of the season. Let's get excited about what Pop has in his playbook for the likes of Boston and Dallas. Making the playoffs is incidental for the Spurs because they know that it only takes one win to throw the homecourt advantage out the window. They are all about teamwork and how to stop a formidable team and move on to the Finals. Everyone knows that once our Spurs make the Finals, they wont lose under any circumstance. I for one don't care who's ahead of the Spurs in the standings. Once the playoffs arrive, the team that faces the Spurs are sweatin it baby. That's a fact!

lonestr
01-22-2008, 04:27 PM
:dramaquee

Please, don't get me started. :jack

ancestron
01-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Good post, I'm with you man.

z0sa
01-22-2008, 05:26 PM
hell yea. I believe that the spurs are the most feared team come playoff time hands down.

m33p0
01-22-2008, 10:50 PM
more ebb than flow right now but we're fine.

genomefreak13
01-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Here is some guy talking some sense...Go spurs go!

spursrule32
01-23-2008, 01:13 AM
If you're feeling down about the Spurs, just watch some youtube videos of the "Memorial Day Miracle" and Horry's shot against the Pistons and you'll remember what it's all about.

DazedAndConfused
01-23-2008, 01:44 AM
It's all about health. If the Spurs can stay healthy for the playoffs they are the team to beat, doesn't matter if they are 1st or the 8th seed IMHO.

MagnusKrauss
01-23-2008, 09:05 AM
i'd say it's more about TD's health.

let's all wish for a healthy Spurs squad throughout the Playoffs and the Finals!

:flag:

GrandeDavid
01-23-2008, 01:34 PM
The Spurs always get too young after the all star break and lose their way to first round chokes. This year shall be no different. :rolleyes

lonestr
01-23-2008, 03:26 PM
Brothers and Sisters, health is a tangibility that all teams are wary of. My original proclamation was to point out the "Heart of a Champion". Our Spurs may not have the most talented players, but that fist-shaped muscle deep in their chests is what separates our team from the rest. Kobe Bryant may be the best player the game has ever seen, but I'll take Manu Ginobili for the tremeandous heart he plays with on the floor. People talk about the things we don't have or the things we lack, I say be thankful for what we do have. When your're in a dark alley and the sinister is upon you, you don't stand there and wish you had a cop or something to protect yourself. No!, you think quickly and realize you have a set of keys where you can hold in a certain way to be used as a knuckle hitting device. Our Spurs are working class, resilient. They are the Rocky Balboa of the NBA. They'll come back at you time and time again. If they fall, hey no problem, they will get up and want to dance some more!! This is what the other teams are scared sh!tless about the Spurs. Let's get Mark Cuban down here for the WCF and make him look at this ugly riverwalk once again.

nfg3
01-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Ebbing at present but getting ready to flow. Looking forward to a nice winning streak and positioning ourselves for a deep playoff run. Knock on wood about staying healthy because that really will determine our outcome. If we come together during RR trip and avoid the injury bug then sky's the limit.

Going for Five. :hungry:

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-23-2008, 07:08 PM
It's January, and around here you are preaching to the converted... mostly, anyway. ;)

SenorSpur
01-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Frankly, I'm more concerned about Robert Horry. I'm really starting to wonder if he's got anything left in his tank.

DazedAndConfused
01-23-2008, 07:23 PM
I really think Horry is done........I heard he is something like 7 for 38 so far this season. Guess it doesn't really matter as long as he hits those playoff game-winning shots eh?

SequSpur
01-23-2008, 07:25 PM
whatever.....................

if we can't complain, talk shit, praise who the hell we want then.......

why.....................

HAVE A GOT DAMN INTERNET FORUM THEN????????????

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

T Park
01-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Frankly, I'm more concerned about Robert Horry. I'm really starting to wonder if he's got anything left in his tank.

Yeah, cause usually Horry has HUGE games in january.

lonestr
01-24-2008, 12:59 AM
As I mentioned before... HEART!! Kobe had the "No,No,No, this just can't be happening!" look.

lonestr
01-24-2008, 08:09 AM
Why is everyone happy now? it sure wasn't the win itself. Oh I know, it's the way the Spurs came back from half-time after being down ten points. That was a completely different team in the second half. Kinda reminded you of how the Spurs flipped a switch as they always do in the playoffs. This is exactly why the Spurs scare the crap out of the other teams.