PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Williams not happy with Toros minutes...

tomcat
01-22-2008, 05:23 PM
:depressed Marcus Williams is showing his immaturity and misconception of his skill level.

Complaining to his agent has apparently paid off for now. A shakeup in minutes per game for certain players was announced during today's practice. Don't know if this is wise with b2b against Colorado the next 2 days. We will see how long this lasts.

Williams is said to be unhappy with Langford's minutes per game in comparison to his. Langford averages around 41 mpg. He has complained to his agent and several teammates. He's using the old "I was their draft pick" line. Did anyone fail to mention to him that he was CUT?

Look for Langford, Williams and Johnson to go into a rotation type lineup with a different starting 2/3 duo each game. They will play 8 minute cuts each.

Are we trying to win here or stroke egos?

Shame on you Marcus! :nope Stop pouting and beat Langford out for your minutes.

Mr.Bottomtooth
01-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Dissappointing. Apparently he doesn't to get his minutes the old fashioned way. This kind of attitude pretty much guarantees he won't be on the Spurs anymore, and maybe even Austin.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Marcus Williams is turning out to be a joke.

tomcat
01-22-2008, 05:44 PM
He'll be begging for Snyder to send Langford in when Kaniel Dickens or Billy Thomas starts to light his little arse up the next 2 games! :lol

T Park
01-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Time to cut him from Austin and bring in someone else.

ChumpDumper
01-22-2008, 06:03 PM
We need to think about trading some of these malcontents if they continue to not understand what playing in this system means.

tomcat
01-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Right on ChumpDumper.

I for one do not want to see Justin Bowen leave due to minutes. Give Bowen - Reed's minutes.

I say send Justin "Black Hole" Reed back from whence he came and let Marcus "Spasm" Williams put up or shut up. Langford is the 2 guard but also averaging 4 apg. He had 8 last game.

If anyone should be complaining it is Dermarr Johnson, as he is a 7 year nba vet and Ian since he is on assignment.

Some guys are team players and some guys have a false sense of self.

timvp
01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Marcus Williams can only hang in the D-League if he's put at power forward. You put him at small forward and whoever he is guarding scores easily. Plus his jumper make Chris Dudley cringe.

If he's whining it's time to cut him and tell him to take Justin Reed with him. Both of those guys do more harm than good for the Toros right now.

ChumpDumper
01-22-2008, 06:23 PM
This is disappointing if true, but it has to be very difficult to find the right balance on a talented team at this level. It probably wouldn't kill us and help the league if we spread out the talent a little. If a player is really complaining about this kind of thing, one has to wonder what that makes the Spurs think of him.

phxspurfan
01-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Chump are you saying the Toros are much more talented than the rest of the D-League?

ChumpDumper
01-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Chump are you saying the Toros are much more talented than the rest of the D-League?The Toros and D-fenders have the most talented rosters in the league.

timvp
01-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Here's a picture of Williams guarding a player out on the perimeter ...

http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50272595/Tripod_Turnstile.jpg

MrChug
01-22-2008, 06:48 PM
Marcus, lack of PT (in the D-League by the way) could only mean one thing:

YOU FUCKIN' SUCK YOU SCRUB!!

...any moron who complains in the D-League is more more moronic than Chris Carawell and Derrick Anderson put together.

SequSpur
01-22-2008, 06:50 PM
link?

urunobili
01-22-2008, 07:03 PM
get rid of this asshole

wildbill2u
01-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Pop and the Spurs organization won't tolerate a player complaining about minutes. The players are evaluated by the coaches and earn their minutes. Pop makes very few exceptions on this rule unless it is a vet he has confidence in and believes will come out of a slump.

Rookies should be seen and not heard.

Bruno
01-22-2008, 07:48 PM
I won't judge Williams about that because I don't know the whole story.

Saying that, when I watch Toros, it doesn't seems that there are a great atmosphere. It's also true that there are a logjam at SG/SF/PF with Langford, Williams, Johnson, Reed, Bowen and Mahinmi.

More generally, it looks really difficult to build a true team spirit with a D-League team. Rosters aren't stable and you have players with different goals.

exstatic
01-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Rookies should be seen and not heard.
I'd just as soon Marcus was neither. He's pretty much done everything contrary to what the Spurs would want, and seems like a tool.

tomcat
01-23-2008, 10:19 AM
BRUNO- We shall see :wakeup the next 2 games what the minutes and rotation look like.

This story IS very true.

Bruno
01-23-2008, 11:50 AM
BRUNO- We shall see :wakeup the next 2 games what the minutes and rotation look like.

This story IS very true.

I know you are legit and that you aren't lying. People with some inside knowledge like you are very valuable, thanks for posting here.

I said that I didn't judge Williams for two reasons.
First, I don't know if your info is first handed, second handed or third handed. it's possible that the story you heard isn't exactly what happens.
Second, your source maybe doesn't know/tell the whole story and/or is maybe biased.

One thing I wonder is : why Williams request to get more playing time has been granted ?
Spurs aren't high on Williams. They cut him in October and it has been said that they have signed him in December only because Langford was injured.
So why Toros/Spurs have decided to reward his whining ? It isn't a all a Spurs like move.
Maybe Spurs want to please his agent (Rob Pelinka) who his a big agent ?
Maybe Spurs have guaranteed playing time with Toros for Williams sooner in the season ?

tomcat
01-23-2008, 04:29 PM
I think its Pelinka leaning on Demps and the fact that Pelinka has clients that could benefit Spurs in FA race.

Quinn often says "...not coming from me..." which leads me to believe its not what he wants to do but is told to do.

The info is 2nd handed but my source has not let me down yet.

Bruno
01-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Spurs could also have said to Williams and his agent when they negotiate his contract this summer : "We won't give you guaranteed money but, in exchange, if we cut you, we will take care of you in Austin by working hard with you to improve your game." In this case, Williams' agent will bitch to Spurs because they aren't respecting what they have said. To respect their words, Spurs have asked Snyder to give more playtime to Williams.

Whatever is the reason behind that, it's not good for Toros. It will be interesting to see player's attitude tonight. Will they play team basketball and what will be the atmosphere among Toros players ?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-23-2008, 06:37 PM
What we really need is some new domestic scouting talent. it's a shame to waste a high second round pick like this.

SenorSpur
01-23-2008, 06:48 PM
What we really need is some new domestic scouting talent. it's a shame to waste a high second round pick like this.

I've, for one, have been bitching about the lack of quality domestic scouting for some time. No one seems to think it's a big deal.

ChumpDumper
01-23-2008, 06:49 PM
Championships tend to blunt criticisms a bit.

T Park
01-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Yeah cause high second round picks are gauranteed starting rotation players right out of college.

tomcat
01-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Toros starting lineup vs 14ers:

Marcus Williams
Justin Reed
Dermarr Johnson
Cheyne Gadson
Ian Mahinmi

14ers Billy Thomas already is 3-3 on 3 pointers in first 5 mins.

I called it.

Pelinka's explanation for more minutes: NBA teams are wanting to see more of Marcus :lol .